Young Writers Society

Aerolite

143 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 143
Sat Mar 27, 2010 10:41 pm
LovelessSummer says...

Naturally, I don't have any objections.
LoVeLeSs I review short stories and novels.

Always remember that you’re unique. Just like everyone else.

The early bird may get the worm, but the second mouse gets the cheese.

2631 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 2631
Sun Mar 28, 2010 9:29 pm
Rydia says...

I'd be up for it :)
Writing Gooder

~Previously KittyKatSparklesExplosion15~

The light shines brightest in the darkest places.

50 Reviews

Reviews: 50
Tue Mar 30, 2010 1:31 am
Howler says...

Eh, I'll give it a kick I guess, if the rest of you guys are up for it. I can't say I'm certain how this left off...I've got to go and read up.
"I'm fearless in my heart
They will always see that in my eyes
I am the passion, I am the warfare
I will never stop
Always constant,
Accurate,
Intense"
"The Audience is Listening", by Steve Vai

661 Reviews

Reviews: 661
Tue Mar 30, 2010 10:43 am
Jasmine Hart says...

Great :) I'll post tommorow if that's alright.
"Just like moons and like suns,
With the certainty of tides,
Just like hopes springing high,
Still I'll rise."
-Maya Angelou

78 Reviews

Reviews: 78
Tue Mar 30, 2010 2:12 pm
Theodorable says...

I'm still up.
Driver picks the music, shotgun shuts his cake hole. -Dean, Supernatural

2631 Reviews

Supporter

Wed Mar 31, 2010 6:55 pm
Rydia says...

Awesome! Thanks everyone :)
Writing Gooder

661 Reviews

Fri Apr 02, 2010 10:55 pm
Jasmine Hart says...

Ok. I lied. I will post, I will...I'm just unsure as to how to get back into this...
Still I'll rise."
-Maya Angelou

2631 Reviews

Supporter

Sat Apr 03, 2010 11:03 am
Rydia says...

That's okay, I think it will take us all a while <333
Writing Gooder

661 Reviews

Tue May 04, 2010 6:55 pm
Jasmine Hart says...

Better late than never, I hope!

Laurel

"We'll be far stronger in a group." I smoothed my red hair down, even though I was sure it was already perfectly in place. "I propose that we lure a few humans to their deaths, all in the one place. The rebels won't let something like that slide, and I'm sure they'll come to challenge us on it. And, if we time it properly, we can be ready for them when they do, better prepared. Two birds with one stone. I think horrific deaths would be better, get a stronger reaction; falling off cliffs, drowning, forest fire sort of stuff," I said, waving my hands in excitement as I spoke, as my ideas gained clarity. "Yes," I smiled, speaking almost to myself, "I think that would work quite nicely."
Still I'll rise."
-Maya Angelou

482 Reviews

Reviews: 482
Wed May 05, 2010 2:46 pm
Ranger Hawk says...

Wow I totally forgot about this!

Sylph

Sylph sat pondering the information Aspen had given her about the bow. Just what did the government have? What were they planning?

With a sigh, Sylph bid Aspen goodnight and wandered away. A sudden scream ripped through the night and Sylph froze. When it came again, she darted swiftly towards the direction it came from. She slowed down as she neared the spot, hearing a scuffle.

Sylph glanced around the woods, her eyes catching nothing hiding in an ambush for her, so she scrambled up a tree and stared into the clearing.

A human girl was struggling in the arms of her captors - Sylph drew a sharp breath as she recognized government fairies.

"Shut her up!" commanded the leader in a harsh whisper. "We want her alive, but not drawing a crowd!"

One of the fairies bashed the girl on the head with a branch, and the girl was knocked unconscious.

"How many more humans do we need?"

"Only a few more," the leader said contemptuously. "Just enough to bait our trap."

Sylph trembled, wanting to do something but not knowing just what she could do. There were too many for her to take on at one time; she wished the other Rebels were here, but they were scattered. All Sylph could do was watch as the government fairies disappeared into the night with their captive.

Imprisoning humans? For a trap? I've got to warn the others. Sylph took off into the night.
There are two kinds of folks who sit around thinking about how to kill people:
psychopaths and mystery writers.

I'm the kind that pays better.
~Rick Castle

2631 Reviews

Supporter

Wed May 05, 2010 5:05 pm
Rydia says...

:)

Ivy

It wasn't a particularly pleasant plan but it didn't have to be and Eden and Brandy had been quick to agree. Ivy had seen their sharp little glances toward Laurel. Praise and worry, both at the same time. They were afraid. Ivy knew what it was like to be afraid so she could recognise it in other people but she didn't understand this fear. A fear of someone being good at their job? Ivy knew Laurel was working her way up the career path but why should that bother current leaders? Fairies lived such short lives that by the time Laurel was ready, the current leaders would be... would be...

How could she have been so stupid? Ivy suddenly realised what it was. While her every thought was for quitting this position should they have success in expanding their life spans, others surely would want to keep their jobs and if there were more leaders than required... well. That could be troublesome.

"We have another," Eden said needlessly as the hostage group returned with a female this time. I nodded and concentrated briefly, rucking the earth over her like a blanket as they placed her beside the others. We had quite the collection now and a few of them had woken so I'd gagged them with soil. It probably wasn't very pleasant but their discomfort would serve us well. It was rare for humans to be treated in such a way and I frowned to find that the girl's head had been injured. Had she tried to escape? It wasn't possible for us to actually kill the humans, only to make them afraid and hope that when we offered them false chances, they would succumb to their deaths. Still. I knew it would take all of our skill to trick these ones into killing themselves. Maybe the fear had been a bad idea. If they had thought us sweet and innocent, the trick might have worked better.

"Listen up," Laurel said as the leaders left to obtain the last few humans. "You're going to be given a chance to live, don't worry, we're a very fair people."
Writing Gooder

661 Reviews

Tue May 25, 2010 8:40 pm
Jasmine Hart says...

Laurel

"There are other fairies in these parts, who we have been trying to converse with on urgent matters, but who constantly ignore us out of sheer rudeness. They mostly inhabit the lake. If you can go there and convince them to listen to us, you shall be spared. I hate that it's come to the point where we need messengers, but they are so ill-mannered that they rush off in the opposite direction at the mere sight of us." I watched them absorb his new information, too slowly, fools. They were endlessly uncomprehending.

"If you do not agree to this, we will simply kill you. One little favour is a small price to pay for your life, is it not?"

Slowly, cautiously, they were agreeing.

"Then we're agreed, yes?" I asked. They nodded and murmured their assent. "Excellent! We must move towards the lake. Once there we'll hide and watch you. Be sure to listen to our instructions."

The fools looked almost relieved. Drowning was a particularly poetic means of slaughter. I smiled. I believed that it would work quite nicely.
Still I'll rise."
-Maya Angelou

Who knew paper and ink could be so vicious.
— Kathryn Stockett, The Help