Young Writers Society

Deep Cover

Random avatar

Reviews: 17
Sat Feb 13, 2010 3:46 pm
Nick101 says...

*Thank you Ben. Sorry for posting so late.*

Name: Jacob Yetshusti

Picture/Appearance:(Jacob is Jewish just saying) He has black curly hair that falls just below the ears. His eyes are a murky green color mixed with brown. Jacob has a permanent tan. He is a tall and handsome man although he has no clue of this.

Type: Combatant

Weapon preference: Rifle 5.56 L85 (I'm trying to keep my weapon on the date although this weapon was made in the 1950's) He does drive jet planes being a Flight Lieutenant. (But do we have planes?)

Personality: Jacob is a very adventurous man. He's always game for anything: food, jumping off bridges, etc... More or else he's a dare-devil. He's not a man that easily gets angry, he's always forgiving and understanding. Jacob doesn't crumble under pressure. He's quick on his feet. Jacob's demeanor is a very happy man, although filled with grief inside for the murder of his family. He loves giving complements and just making people feel cheerful, but he won't go acting like a clown.

History: Jacob is Jewish. At the age of 20 he and his family were captured by the Nazi; they took them to a concentration camp. There they they did slave labor. For two years Jacob watched as he and his family were beaten, tortured, and starving from deprivation of food and water. It was fortunate they were never picked for the mass shootings. Soon his grandmother and mother died, together with his three sisters. All that was left was his brother and father. The day his seven year-old brother collapsed dead was the day he decided to escape. Unfortunately his father was shot as they tried to escape, leaving only Jacob. It was by a pure miracle that he managed to escape. Once he arrived in Britain someone from the BR took him in and taught him how to fly. That official has deceased.

Up for love: yeah sure why not.

Other: He has a scar on the left side of his chest from a knife incident. He winces whenever someone punches him there but manages not to sure pain.
I follow four rules when writing
1. Don't think. Just write.
2.Never take the pencil from the page when writing
3.Don't erase. Even if what you wrote didn't make sense
4.No need for grammar,punctuation, or spelling when writing

And when your done writing you stop and break all the rules

42 Reviews

Reviews: 42
Sat Feb 13, 2010 6:19 pm
ridersofdamar says...

Name: James MacTavish

Picture/Appearance: He's medium height, and muscularly built, but small enough that he doesn't gather much attention. He has a small scar on his left eyebrow that most people don't notice, but is shaped like a 'Y'. His eyes are a cold blue and his hair is a dirty blond, and kept slightly longer than is regulation.

Type: Assassin/Combatant

Weapon Preference: He knows that a big bullet makes someone just as dead as a knife in the back, however he prefers the former. He is a master marksman, and with a Springfield rifle he is extremely dangerous. He will use any weapon that will get the job done, even a baseball bat.

Personality: One might go so far as to call him a cold hearted bastard. However, why wouldn't he be? Nazis invaded his country, killed their ruler, and imprisoned his people. He has every reason to be angry. He tries to keep his emotions out of the job and as a result has encased himself in a prison of armor that is unbreakable, even by his family and friends. He will kill whoever he is told to without mercy, or he will die trying.

History: Was born in scotland and enlisted in the army as soon as possible. He came from a relatively poor family who was not involved in the war, so he entered on a purely moral basis, it was the right thing to do. Now it has evolved into something much more than that. He served as a regular soldier for the first year, and after proving his worth he was promoted into a S.A.S. unit. After serving there for another year he was sent to work with the resistance, where he has done his best work.

Up for love: If you want to break down his 'armor'

Other:
Words - so innocent and powerless as they are, as standing in a dictionary, how potent for good and evil they become in the hands of one who knows how to combine them. ~Nathaniel Hawthorne

436 Reviews

Reviews: 436
Sat Feb 13, 2010 6:34 pm
AquaMarine says...

Hannah Watson

"Captain!" Hannah shouted, running down the corridor towards him and Coby. She nodded at hem both when she slowed down and smiled slightly, trying to catch her breath.
"Ah, Hannah," Iris said, "We were just looking for you, actually. Any reason why you were running?"
"Nope," I panted, just figured it would get everything done quicker. I'm considering investing in rollerskates, actually."

(I'll let someone else do the rest, as I hate controlling other people's characters. Plus, I have no idea what happens next!)
"It is curious how often you humans manage to obtain that which you do not want."

-Spock.

Click if you love cookies

42 Reviews

Sat Feb 13, 2010 7:37 pm
Kaywiia says...

I wont be able to post for a little while, grounded, sorry. Bring me in a little though so I have somewhere to start when I am un-grounded.
Love is beautiful, but what would love be without life?

411 Reviews

Reviews: 411
Sat Feb 13, 2010 10:48 pm
BenFranks says...

Okay Kaywiia

Luke Iris

"Well, Hannah, catch your breath," I said, looking at her and carefully patting her on the back.

"Right, Captain," she began, "About these stock reports."

"Ah, yes," I replied. "Come with me."

I led Coby and Hannah down to the briefing hall. It was dark and the air underground here was getting colder. We could do with some heating...

We entered the briefing room and Coby and Hannah took a seat.

"Right, Hannah," I said, "Do you think you can work the supplies we got for another 7 days?"

"Yes, I hope so," she replied.

"Good, that means we'll schedule the Freight train job for 7 days time. I'll get you another couple of months worth of food and drink. If we're lucky, perhaps I'll stumble across some linen and other supplies too."

"Oh, and Captain," said Hannah.

"Yes?"

"We need some more oil and fuel to keep the generators and heat running smoothly."

"I'll see what I can do," I replied and gestured a thanks as she left the briefing room.

"Right, Coby," I said and she looked at me as if she were a child being offered a lolly.

"Yes?" she asked.

"I don't believe you've met Sgt. MacTavish and Flight Lt. Yetshusti," I began, and from the dark shadows of the briefing room, two men appeared. Coby was somewhat startled, but she kept her cool.

"Hello gentlemen," she said, "I'm Coby."

"Pleasure, maddam," replied MacTavish and Yetshusti nodded welcomingly.

"Right, you three will be pulling off the freight train job. You'll have the muscle, expertise and stealth offered by the experiences of all three of you-"

"Who'll be in charge, Captain?" interrupted Coby, eagerly.

"Me," I said, grinning. "I'm coming with you."

"But Captain-" she protested.

"Eh, no." I said in dismissal, "I'm not a Minister or a Politician, I'm a working resistance officer and I will go on the field. No objection."

Coby turned silent.

336 Reviews

Reviews: 336
Sun Feb 14, 2010 5:09 am
Jas says...

Belle

We had gotten off the train a bit late and were rushing to get to the house.

"Hey Angel! Sugar, why don't you ditch the little one and come hang with us for a while!?" A drunk man called. He turned to his friends and they all laughed stupidly. I ignored them and pulled Alice, erm I mean Izti closer to me.

"Come on, let's just go" I said. Alice and I walk closer to the large mansion and finally reach the front door.
I am nothing
but a mouthful of 'sorry's, half-hearted
apologies that roll of my tongue, smoothquick, like 'r's
or maybe like pocket candy
that's just a bit too sweet.

~*~

436 Reviews

Sun Feb 14, 2010 4:02 pm
AquaMarine says...

Lawl. Hannah is all alone at base. Stupid scared character. :)

Hannah Watson.

Seven days, seven days! Hannah grumbled inside her head, striding quickly to the supply room. A few people were sorting through things there, and she looked dismally at the stock. Their heads turned to her, rather expectantly, and she sighed. "Sorry, guys, we need to make this lot last another week." There was a collective groan around the room and she nodded briskly. "Yes, I agree that it sucks. But not as much as winter last year." A couple of people exchanged wry glances. "So we've got to make the best of it. Captain Iris expects it of us."
"So how about we poison Iris and pig out on the supplies ourselves?" one man joked, "The others could learn to fend for themselves. It would be a learning experience."
Hannah snorted and dropped her slightly formal demeanour. "Right, Max, and then you could fly the planes and co-ordinate the troops, could you?" She laughed and began to count boxes of dried food.
"Yes," Max replied. "Can't you see that I'm the man for the job?" He flexed his arm, pale white from so much time underground, and everyone in the room laughed.
"It is curious how often you humans manage to obtain that which you do not want."

-Spock.

42 Reviews

Sun Feb 14, 2010 4:02 pm
ridersofdamar says...

James~~

"Captain, am I needed?"

He shook his head.

"Then, I'm going to go prepare. What sort of equipment should we bring?"

"Plan for close quarters, where rifle control is absolutely necessary. We don't want to hurt civilians."

"Affirmative."

I saluted and left the group through the hidden door I had entered by. My 'house' was separated from them by an alley, and was high up in an abandoned building which gave me clear line of sight to the hideout, and to all the streets and buildings around it. I pulled the two duffel bags of equipment out from under the bed and set them on the table. This was going to be interesting.
Words - so innocent and powerless as they are, as standing in a dictionary, how potent for good and evil they become in the hands of one who knows how to combine them. ~Nathaniel Hawthorne

411 Reviews

Sun Feb 14, 2010 6:04 pm
BenFranks says...

Luke Iris

I turned to the other two who stood in the briefing room, somewhat anxious.

"Right Coby and Yetshusti, I'll call another brief in 5 days," I said, "Let's see what we can do to help around here in the meantime."

They both nodded and left the room.

I stood alone in the dark for a while, before taking a swig of black coffee and leaning back in an armchair at the head of the table. It was time for a well-earned nap.

42 Reviews

Mon Feb 15, 2010 7:14 pm
Kaywiia says...

Coby
WHY WHY WHY WHY WHY? Why did Luke have to come. It probably had something to do with the, um, Alice incident. Stupid pipsqueak.

I noticed that Sgt. Mactavish had been being very friendly to me, almost too nice. It was odd and I didn't like it. Some of his looks conserned me. And the way he spoke to me made me feel like he was trying to uncover some secret.

"Hello Coby." He said, the day before we left.

"Hello." my tone was poliet, but cool. I didn't want Sargent getting any ideas.

"How's your family?" He said, in that odd tone.

"Dead."

"I am so sorry."

Random avatar

Reviews: 17
Wed Feb 17, 2010 9:37 pm
Nick101 says...

*Sorry I've been gone for awhile. Test and stuff... I forgot to add that Jacob also speaks fluent German, Hebrew, Dutch, and understand Italian but speaks very little. I'm supposing it's the fourth day in the evening. Is that alright?*

Yetshusti

Jacob pounded some dough. The metal counter resounded a loud echo in the kitchen. He hummed as he worked.

"Hello?" A voice called out. "Excuse me but protocol says no one is allowed in the kitchen after dinner." The feminine voice was getting nearer.
Jacob was deep in his thoughts and didn't hear the voice.

"Excuse me- Oh!" Hannah rounded the corner of a food rack.

Jacob stopped and looked up at Hannah, "I'm sorry I didn't hear you. I was just-"

"What is that horrible smell?" Hannah pinched the bridge of her nose and looked around.

"Sorry," he gestured at the pile of rotten banana peels stacked on the counter, "rotten bananas. Well, actually once you get used to the smell it's not that bad." He smiled and grabbed the rolling pin and started flattening the dough.

"But whatever for?" she held the clipboard -that she always had with her- to her stomach and walked over to Jacob, now a little curious.
"Well, we had a barrel full of rotten bananas and I decided to make some sweets. I thought the folks here needed a treat." He talked while he put a tray full of square cut pieces of dough into the oven.

"Sweets made of rotten bananas?" Her face changed to one of disgust.
"Yes. An old recipe I remembered from my friend." He took out an other tray from the oven.
The smell of bananas filled the air.
"Want to try one?" He held up the tray that was filled with freshly baked goodies. A mischievous look gleaming in his eye.
"Um, no thank you," Hannah shook her head but then Jacob popped a scrumptious treat into her mouth.
He watched in anticipation as she chewed. Hannah's eyes widened in surprise.
"Delectable! Who would've thought." She wondrously eyed the freshly baked treats.
"See!"
At that moment a gentle pitter-patter could be heard on the roof. The gentle rain was now turning into a torrent.
"Rain," Jacob's eyes brightened and he quickly took off the apron he was wearing.
"Could you take out the tarts when they're ready?" He rapidly asked. Hannah nodded swallowing the rest.
"Thank you!" He quickly nodded and jogged off, leaving the slightly stunned Hannah looking dismayingly at the mess.
"By the way, Hannah, did I mention you look lovely today! Please don't tell anyone that I bake!" He yelled while jogging off.

He headed for the briefing room. He had a hunch Captain Iris would be there. He entered the room. Three other people were there.

*Sorry so it's so long. :oops: I didn't know exactly what do but I'm ready for the freight train!*
I follow four rules when writing
1. Don't think. Just write.
2.Never take the pencil from the page when writing
3.Don't erase. Even if what you wrote didn't make sense
4.No need for grammar,punctuation, or spelling when writing

And when your done writing you stop and break all the rules

411 Reviews

Wed Feb 17, 2010 10:01 pm
BenFranks says...

It's okay. I'm on holiday until the 22nd, so I'll pick up on the Freight train job then. :)

436 Reviews

Wed Feb 17, 2010 10:13 pm
AquaMarine says...

Is it terribly rude of me to ask if Hannah could, possibly, be brought along on something more exciting? It'll get rather dull if she's left to sort through food while everyone else is away pillaging villages and whatnot. I should have probably thought up a more interesting job for her, really. :lol:

Hannah Watson.

"Please don't tell anyone that I bake!" Jacob yelled, sprinting off in the other direction. Hannah laughed quietly, and checked the time for his tarts. She had a lot to do today, but she wasn't really able to say no to Jacob; he was so nice.

Rain, she thought, listening to the sound. That meant that they would do a raid soon. That was brilliant, because she really didn't know how she'd deal for another few weeks. They had six or seven days, tops.

-Spock.

324 Reviews

Reviews: 324
Wed Feb 17, 2010 11:47 pm
Threnody says...

Alice:

Alice ran back into the base, utterly miserable and soaked through with rain. Somehow though, she mustered up enough energy to scream, "I'M BACK!!!!" The sound of her voice echoed around the base. She ran through the hall and hid around the corner when she heard someone coming.

"Please don't tell anyone I bake." Someone said... Jacob. She heard Hannah laugh and walk away. So it was Hannah and Jacob now. A lot could happen in 2 days. Her mind turned with an idea. A scenario popped into her head. It would go like this:

"So you bake now Jacob."
"Who told you?"
"Hannah."

And to be continued. She had just gotten home though and she decided that she would be civil for awhile at least. Belle had already rushed upstairs to comb water out of her hair. And save her curls or whatever.

Alice ran down some stairs and plopped herself next to Jacob who was cleaning his machinery. He cleaned them so often she could almost imagine him singing them to sleep at night after gently laying a blanket over each one.

"Do you love Hannah?" Alice asked, pulling a grenade out of her petticoat and tossing it around a little.
"Would you throw that at me if I said yes." He asked, without smiling.
"Do you love her? And it's fake." Alice asked again, pulling the pin in and out. Jacob got this weird expression on his face, like his guts were getting all twisted up.
“One sees clearly only with the heart. Anything essential is invisible to the eyes”
~ The Little Prince~

42 Reviews

Thu Feb 18, 2010 8:30 pm
Kaywiia says...

Coby

Until the brief I spent most of my time in my room. Luke would accasionaly come up and help me with my french, witch was less-than-perfect, but my days were getting boring and repetitive.

"Whats wrong Coby?" Luke asked as he came in for another study session.

"Nothing big, I am just really tierd. And Sargent id kind of creeping me out." I added.

"How so?"

"I don't know, I just have the impression he has more than his work on his mind."

"Ah," Luke said, clearly unserstanding. What I liked about Luke was he got what people were trying to say.

"And, Luke.." I started, then realized what I said.

"What did you call me?" Luke asked.

"Sorry, captin. It is a habit. I am not really used to..."

"I don't care, learn to be profesional Coby. First your incident with Alice, now this, I swear, if you were one less notch effective I wuld have you thrown to the germans like the dog you are." He stared at me for a minute.

Against my will, a tear slid down my cheek.

“If lightning is the anger of the gods, then the gods are concerned mostly about trees.”
— Lao Tzu