z

Young Writers Society

Deep Cover

42 Reviews

Reviews: 42
Sat Feb 20, 2010 1:45 pm
Kaywiia says...

Coby

I noticed MacTavish being more professional now. Or at least, that was what I trhought was going on. But somewhere in my head I knew the truth.

He was never anything but profesional to me.

I was just trying to make my life more exciting, by twisting people's words to make them seem like what I wanted them to be. I was never cut out to be a spy. I should have died along with the rest of my family. Life didn't want me to be a spy. But yet, here I was. I would now be only profesional, I had to, to stay sane.

Captin called us in for breifing. He didn't even so much as nod in my direction as I entered.

"What is our mission, Captin?" I asked.

"Well, the general overview of it is that we need someone dead. He is a german officer and he will be riding a train through this country trying to get into german un-deteacted. Kill him at all cost, and if you can, get all innocent people off the train before we blow it up."

I didn't say anything. I didn't want to. I just sat there and listened.

"Blow up the train, sir?" James asked.

"Yes, it is carrying supiles for germany, we cant let it pass."

"Who will be in charge of what?" Jacob asked.

"Coby, you get the people of the train. Most of them have nothing to do with the german cause. They don't have to die. Jacob, I want you to put a bomb somewhere in the middle of the train. Me and Jame will go find-and-kill the german officer. Any questions?" He looked at me. I felt his eyes bore into the back of my neck.

"No sir." I said. My voice was timid, weak almost. But I didn't care.

"We go tomorow." Captin said. And then he left the room.
Love is beautiful, but what would love be without life?

411 Reviews

Reviews: 411
Sun Feb 21, 2010 7:23 pm
BenFranks says...

Captain L. Iris

"Oh, and by the way" I said to them, "Hannah and I need you to get everything you possibly can off the freight train. Our supply count at the moment is dreadful, let's refresh it."

"But we ain't got enough hands, Captain," protested MacTavish.

"Ah, you do." I said, "I'm coming remember, and so is Hannah, she'll be trying to get most of the supplies."

Hannah arose from the blackness of the corners.

"You're taking the -" began Coby.

"No," I said, "I'm not."

"But -" she protested.

"Listen. We're not just here to kill off Nazis. We're here to survive and we need supplies or we're finished. Understood?"

"Yes, Captain." She muttered.

"Good," I said, "Dismissed."

And with that, the room depleted to leave me alone once more.

42 Reviews

Mon Feb 22, 2010 10:16 pm
Kaywiia says...

Coby

I packed everything I would need for the trip. I also took one look at the picture of my family, who I am sure are dead, and let out a little sob. I remember the night clearly.

I walk back to my home. My dress swishes in time with the rain slowoly pouring through the streets in England. I hop on the train just in time to get back home. It drops me off at the station only a half-mile from my home.

I walk the mile, smiling, because I loved the rain. It was clean, refreshing, and beautiful. The sun comes out, and a rainbow forms in the sky. I lookup and smile. Then I see my home.

It is black, burnt down,and smoking. Someone set fireto my home. I went to look through the rubble for my family. They were all gone. The Nazi's had gotten them. They were dead.

Or so I thought.

Coby is going to discover the Nazi they are trying to kill is her dad under a different name. This should be interesting...

42 Reviews

Tue Feb 23, 2010 12:44 am
ridersofdamar says...

Mactavish~~

I shrugged the small bag over my shoulder and checked the small knife hidden in my sleeve.

Captian did a once over of his own equipment, and then said "ready to go?"

*not quite sure how we are going to get in the train, so I figured I would let you handle that part.*
Words - so innocent and powerless as they are, as standing in a dictionary, how potent for good and evil they become in the hands of one who knows how to combine them. ~Nathaniel Hawthorne

411 Reviews

Tue Feb 23, 2010 6:09 pm
BenFranks says...

Captain Luke Iris

Right, we were ready to go. I led the crew to the destination in a Light weight 4x4. The time was 1700 hours. The train would be at this part of the track at about 1756. We had 56 minutes... Loads of time. Coby began to set up her "casual" look and was ready to board the train after a little application of make up.

Me, MacTavish and the others began to alter the trackline and make the train bump at a high speed. This would mean that the train driver would stop, and the soldiers on board would carry out some routine checks. This was when we would board.

Me and Hannah began to get some bags and make room to fill it with stocks of every kind. She'd brung a quick list but the main thing was to be quick and not picky.

"Right," I whispered, "It'll be dark very quickly since it's the winter months, so this'll be perfect. Coby you'll board the train and find your target, but you won't do the kill until confirmation from MacTavish, understood?"

"Yes, Captain." She replied.

"Good." I said, "Me, MacTavish, Hannah and the Flight Lt. will try and stock as much as we can. Meanwhile, some of the other combatants I brought with me will be silently killing off the soldiers. Remember to hide the bodies lads, 'cause if we're found out, we go loud, which means a shit load'a trouble for us."

"Yes, Cap'en," one of the young privates said.

"Okay, now we have 20 minutes until the train arrives, let's recheck our equipment and go over the train's blu-prints. Let's pinpoint every stockpile we can."

"Right'o, Captain," said Hannah.

"Right, let's do it."

42 Reviews

Tue Feb 23, 2010 6:55 pm
Kaywiia says...

Coby

I walk slowly through the train, so as not to raise any suspition. I move through the cars. If anyone asks why I am going through the cars, I am looking for my sister.

I turn around to answer a question someone asks me, and someone bumps into me.

I turn to see the german officer I have to kill.

I turn and see my dad.

"Coby?" he asks slowly. I cant speak. I take a set back.

"I found him." I whisper into the comunication device to Captin, "Car three."

"Got it." Captin replies back.

"Whats that, Coby?" My dad asks. I take out my gun.

"Uh, dad, hi and everything. But I sort of have to kill you."

"Your joking?"

"Not at all." I ready my gun.

"I cant let you do that." He says, and takes out a gun of his own. We stand there, guns pointed at each other for a long time. Finally Captin arives.

"Shoot!" Captin says.

I don't shoot.

"Shoot!" He orders again. I turn my head and pull the trigger. I hear a cry of pain, then nothing. I knew I had hit my target. He was dead. I ran up to my dad and burst into tears.

336 Reviews

Reviews: 336
Wed Feb 24, 2010 3:13 am
Jas says...

Where is belle in all this?
I am nothing
but a mouthful of 'sorry's, half-hearted
apologies that roll of my tongue, smoothquick, like 'r's
or maybe like pocket candy
that's just a bit too sweet.

~*~

411 Reviews

Wed Feb 24, 2010 7:36 pm
BenFranks says...

With the group if you like.

42 Reviews

Sun Feb 28, 2010 12:15 am
Kaywiia says...

Are we seriously going to let this die????

'The Answer to the Great Question... Of Life, the Universe and Everything... Is... Forty-two,' said Deep Thought, with infinite majesty and calm.
— Douglas Adams, The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy