z

Young Writers Society

The Glass Chandelier’s Pieces

24 Reviews

Reviews: 24
Tue Feb 09, 2010 1:30 pm
xX_white_shadow_Xx says...

:::::

I was walking down the stairs of my apartment building when suddenly my heart started burning. And not like heartburn or some crappy little thing like that, I mean like really on fire. Panicked, I ripped my coat open and pulled up my t-shirt, only to find my necklace glowing red. It was directly over my heart. I cursed, running back up the stairs and into my apartment.

((Sorry it's so short ,I have to go!!! e_e))
Is he dancing with a little boy in spandex?!

~Papa Doorbell

Reviews: 3
Tue Feb 09, 2010 8:15 pm
Daisy131Spoink says...

Breena~

I stared down at my necklace, the red light had ignited into an ember colour lighting the bottom of my shoes. I watched as it slowly turned back towards the direction I had come.
"It's alive!" I squealed jumping backwards in fear.
"Hey!" The same voice that had called me last time shouted. I turned to see a group of people standing casually on the pavement. I hadn't noticed them last time. Blinking I stared back doan at my necklace to see it was pointing straight at them.
I frowned, ducking down I grabbed at the necklace. I felt a strong pull urging me towards the other people. Turning I bgan to stumble towards them, confusion highlighting my featues.
Once I stopped in front of them, teh nechlace had begun to shake slightly.
"What the hell?" I asked staing up at the other incredulous faces.

(I hope this is okay...)

150 Reviews

Reviews: 150
Tue Feb 09, 2010 8:26 pm
irishfire says...

** Confused, whats going on? **
I know that you believe you understand what you think I said, but I'm not sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant. - Robert McCloskey

Teacher: What do we, in the U.S enjoy from places like Mexico?
Student: Wait, legally?

WARNING: This user carries a spatula.

24 Reviews

Tue Feb 09, 2010 11:46 pm

Em, I think our pieces are leading us to each other right now....???

....risphee::::

Once I had taken off my necklace and watched it point back to the wall of my apartment, no matter where I put it, I knew I had about three options.

1) smash it

2) go where it was pointing, or

3) stick it in my closet and forget about it.

I knew I would only be able to do one of those. With a sigh I got up, packed a few essentials and all my money in a messenger bag, and walked out of the building, the shard of glass positioned gently in my cupped palm. After catching a cab to DIA, I tried to determine where it was pointing. It had kept up it's steady red glow, and I figured a small flight would be the best choice. Didn't want to go too far. Suddenly I knew. I didn't know how, didn't know where it even was, but I knew the city's name, and I knew I had to get there. I bought the ticket and got on the plane in under two hours.

~Papa Doorbell

15 Reviews

Reviews: 15
Wed Feb 10, 2010 11:54 pm
lizzifer says...

Okay so everyone is meeting up with eachother~!

:D

But to pull us all together and have some sort of direction, I am making a new character who fits the old person who knows everything stereotype! (so we can have that person that is like telling our chars how to use powers etc) His profile is posted topic58598.html there

Abbey~~

Their number was growing quite a bit, no just more and more people kept coming, as confused as the starting lot of them. One actually rolled over, making Abbey let out an amused laugh. She tried to stifle it but failed.

THWACK

Abbey's laughter was muffled to a sudden cry of pain.

"Old man with a cane," Tristan commented, a bit of worry and amusement mixed in.

Franco~~

"I'm not old, I was just out in the sun too long," Franco stared blankly at the much taller guy's face. With another thwack of the cane, the swamp lander was on the ground too.

"Young people these days," He muttered and with a content sigh he looked up smiling at the others.

"Who are you?" On of the girls asked, backing away to avoid the cane's graze.

"Franco my dear, your new tutor!"
The one who smiles the most has something to hide.

..i'm lonely...message me..some how add me on your social networking site (unless you are some creepy weirdo who stalks girls for their organ harvesting company..i personally like them inside of me thankyou :) )

150 Reviews

Reviews: 150
Thu Feb 11, 2010 12:33 am
irishfire says...

Fox

Fox frowned, "Tutor?" She looked at the rest of them, her eyes wide with worry. "Why would we need a tutor?"

The group pressed in on the conversation as the old man hobbled to a chair and plunked himself down. "A tutor my dear Gaelic friend, to help you get through whats going to happen."

She blinked and shook her head. Well at least someone was coming to help them. She touched her necklace. "Did you call all of us here?"

The man grinned. "No, I did not. The stones you all wear did. As did mine." He said referring to his own jewel.
I know that you believe you understand what you think I said, but I'm not sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant. - Robert McCloskey

Teacher: What do we, in the U.S enjoy from places like Mexico?
Student: Wait, legally?

WARNING: This user carries a spatula.

50 Reviews

Reviews: 50
Thu Feb 11, 2010 1:19 am
Howler says...

Tristen

I got up, holding on to the leg Franco hit. I rolled that name in my head again; Franco. Wierd name for someone so old-I'm sorry, wrinkled.

I pulled the glass card out of my pocket and showed it to Franco.

"Alright, tutor, so you obviously know what these things are, why they're glowing, and for some strange reason, where we're all from. So just fill us in on what's going on, teach us what we need to know, and we can all go back to normal, and where we came from; be it the swamp I'm from or the old folks home you're from", I said.

I regretted saying that last part as Franco hit me with his cane again.
"I'm fearless in my heart
They will always see that in my eyes
I am the passion, I am the warfare
I will never stop
Always constant,
Accurate,
Intense"
"The Audience is Listening", by Steve Vai

336 Reviews

Reviews: 336
Thu Feb 11, 2010 2:32 am
Jas says...

Prim

"Tutor?" one of the males said. Why on earth ould we need a tutor? What would said tutor do?

"What do you mean? Why would we need a tutor and why are you hitting everyone?" I asked bluntly to the elderly man. He turned to me and smiled.

"Ah, dear Prim, how is your mother?" He asked. I growled back at him then blushed after realizing what I had just done.

"Oooh fiesty" the guy who had pushed to the ground twice murmered. I glared at him then turned to the old man.

"My mother is fine. Now answer my questions please" I answered.

"Well you see..."
I am nothing
but a mouthful of 'sorry's, half-hearted
apologies that roll of my tongue, smoothquick, like 'r's
or maybe like pocket candy
that's just a bit too sweet.

~*~

15 Reviews

Thu Feb 11, 2010 2:43 am
lizzifer says...

Franco~~

"Oh goodie, I have all of your attention now!" Franco seemed pleased with himself, "Well you see all of you are quite how do you say-? Odd."

The group was still silent.

"The pieces and emblems you hold were part of a certain chandelier," The old man started.

"This is all about a light fixture?!" The stupid one but smart one (such an irony in Franco's eyes) spoke up, avoiding the cane's swing precisely.

"Such a chandelier that it produced warriors and wizards!" Franco's eyes were glowing a brilliant blue, "But, I see you kids don't trust an old man-"

"Hah he admitted he was old!" Tristan whispered in content but Franco let it slide.

"Like me to lead you, I am in fact too old...." Franco waited for a response and met all of their confused glances.

"I suggest you trust the man," A voice came from behind the group, quite a British one.

"See this one is the smart one, unlike you- oops you ended up on the ground again- now by golly how on earth did that happen!?"

Abbey lay confused on the ground, as an English man made his rippled his way through the crowd.

*there you go rider!

..i'm lonely...message me..some how add me on your social networking site (unless you are some creepy weirdo who stalks girls for their organ harvesting company..i personally like them inside of me thankyou :) )

15 Reviews

Sat Feb 13, 2010 6:10 pm
lizzifer says...

*someone please post

42 Reviews

Reviews: 42
Sat Feb 13, 2010 6:51 pm
ridersofdamar says...

i dunno where I am
Words - so innocent and powerless as they are, as standing in a dictionary, how potent for good and evil they become in the hands of one who knows how to combine them. ~Nathaniel Hawthorne

24 Reviews

Sat Feb 13, 2010 7:54 pm

...risphee:::

I stood, watching events unfold as more and more people arrived, conversations proceed and people got beat.

"I suggest you trust the man," a man on my right said. I nodded, raising my hand.

"I agree," I said.

"Oh how lovely!" The old man, Franco, said.

"But," I said, taking a few steps through the crowd, closer to Franco. "What do we have to do with this? Or, I suppose I should be asking, why is this happening now? I mean, I've had this thing for nearly four years. It's never done anything before but lie there."

:::Sorry it's short, I don't think I can really pull of Franco dialog xD:::

~Papa Doorbell

50 Reviews

Reviews: 50
Sat Feb 13, 2010 8:54 pm
Howler says...

Tristen

"It's never done anything but lie there", said one of the newest members of the crowd.

"Well, believe it or not, you all woudn't be here if it couldn't do more than light up and look fancy", said Franco.

"Such as?", I asked. Franco hit me with his cane, right in the pocket where I put the card in.

"Take a look for yourself", he said. I felt the piece grow. Wait; grow? It really did. I could feel something larger in my pocket than the card. I reached my hand inside my pocket, and something bit my hand. I yanked it right out of my pocket. I put my hand near the pocket opening and waited to see if whatever bit me would come out, and it did, but it wasn't anything I would've expected.

It was a snake; a green skinned, red eyed snake, with fangs showing in its opened mouth.

"I should've guessed you'd get that one. That weapon's just like you; irritating and snippy"

I let that insult pass for the thing that was really bugging me about that sentence; "What do you mean, weapon?" It was only a snake, not a weapon.

"Well take it out. It won't bite, unless you expect it to", he said. I put my hand in my pocket and pulled out the rest of the coiled snake, and at the other end was a handle; not a tail end, a handle. Like a motorcyle handle. I grabbed the handle and the snake uncoiled. This thing wasn't just some bizarre snake; it was a whip.

"It should do whatever you want it to", said Franco.

"So if I want it to coil up-", I started, but I was interuppted by the whip coil up.

"Whoa", I said to myself, looking in awe at my kickass whip. It took until now for me to realize that everyone in the crowd stepped back.

"So, can everyone else's glass do something like this?", I asked Franco.

"Why, yes", said Franco. Everyone pulled out their shards and held them in their hands.

"You don't need me to do it, numbskulls", said Franco, "All your shards should do what you want. Just want it to become the weapon it can become".

And like that, everyone had some sort of a weapon, each more different than the last.
"I'm fearless in my heart
They will always see that in my eyes
I am the passion, I am the warfare
I will never stop
Always constant,
Accurate,
Intense"
"The Audience is Listening", by Steve Vai

Reviews: 3
Sat Feb 13, 2010 9:32 pm
Daisy131Spoink says...

Breena~

I stared at the snake coil up into the one called Tristan's hand. A large smile wiped his face, his eyes crinkling at the side. Franco leaned over his walking stick watching skeptically as the poeple around us pulled out weapons that gleemed in the sun's bright rays.

I stared down at my hands towards my own glass shard. Closing my eyes I kneeded my fingres into the cold surface and bit heavily onto my lip.
"Change" I whispered soflty. The shard began to pulse under my fingers the hot red turning into a luke warm state. Opening my eyes I watched as two blades began to form. The blade was crystal; see through with many facets, though the hilt was gold. A dragon coiled up one of the hilts while the pattern of a weaved bracelet on the other.

I gasped my eyes widening dramtically. "It worked!" I shouted gleefully, jumping on the spot, my heart racing.
"Of course it worked" Franco said loudly "I told you it would!"

24 Reviews

Sat Feb 13, 2010 11:15 pm

...risphee:::

I watched as the others grabbed their pieces and had them magically transform into weapons. I trusted the old man, but this? Pieces of glass turning into weapons? Impossible. and yet...they look in the others' eyes, you could see that the weapons were very much apart of them. I tentatively took my necklace out of my pocket and stared at it. Would it really become a weapon if I-

I gasped, as the shard burned my hand, but quickly cooled and started to grow in length and width. In a matter of seconds in my hand was the hilt to a gleaming curved sword. I didn't know anything about swords, but this was beautiful. Transparent, glittering in the sun, so thin it looks as if I could cut a hair in half. I stare at it a moment longer then look up to Franco. "Thank you," I smile, nodding.

~Papa Doorbell

The function of education is to teach one to think intensively and to think critically. Intelligence plus character - that is the goal of true education.
— Martin Luther King, Jr.