z

Young Writers Society

Boarding School: The good years

541 Reviews

Reviews: 541
Wed Feb 17, 2010 6:28 pm
Lauren2010 says...

Riley "Red"

I swore that Jonathan was going to pay for this. Though, it would have to wait until I was on more stable ground. Currently, I was rolling around and waving my arms like a lunatic trying to catch my balance.

"Woah!" I lurched forward, the ground speeding towards my face. Suddenly, just before I hit the floor, Jonathan's arms caught me and he pulled me to my feet.

I clutched his arms, not planning on letting myself unbalanced on these death traps again. "I told you I was bad," I said, glaring at the skates. Stupid wheels. I was just never meant to require a lot of balance.

Jonathan just laughed. "You aren't completely terrible," he joked.

I looked up at him, glaring. "Way to flatter a girl, Jonathan," I said. "Now, get me out of these things!"
Got YWS?

42 Reviews

Reviews: 42
Wed Feb 17, 2010 11:34 pm
ridersofdamar says...

Matt~~

I hoped up on one of the half-pipes, and may jumped up behind me, moving very quickly, almost like she was used to it.

"You do that a lot?" I asked.

She smiled "Yup. Parkour. Learned it a couple of years back. Its a lot of fun."

"Where's it from?"

"France, but its also done in England and here. Have you done it at all?"

I shook my head "Nope. Soccer's my sport; haven't really had time for anything else, but I'd like to learn."
Words - so innocent and powerless as they are, as standing in a dictionary, how potent for good and evil they become in the hands of one who knows how to combine them. ~Nathaniel Hawthorne

15 Reviews

Reviews: 15
Wed Feb 17, 2010 11:54 pm
lizzifer says...

*I love thugs.....big skater thugs.....yay drama~!!!!

May~~

Parkour, in the end, had a use. Laughing, I followed behind Matt closely and eventually.

"Hey!" He yelled but in joking manner as I gracefully passed him in the air.

"I'll teach that to yah sometime..Maybe" I stuck out my tongue and began to skate backwards on the flat surface. Suddenly enough however my body hit what seemed to be a brick wall.

"Eh!" The brick wall questioned or stated, honestly you couldn't tell.

"Lookie mate we have ourselves a drifta," another one of the walls said.

Matt skated up behind looking stern, he seemed taller when you were on the ground. He helped me up, staring down the ones behind me.

"Tell your prep friends this is our territory," The original wall thumbed a fat thumb toward the others.

"Or there'll be trouble," The other much skinnier one pointed out in a sing song voice.
The one who smiles the most has something to hide.

..i'm lonely...message me..some how add me on your social networking site (unless you are some creepy weirdo who stalks girls for their organ harvesting company..i personally like them inside of me thankyou :) )

39 Reviews

Reviews: 39
Thu Feb 18, 2010 2:09 am
Bloo says...

Nick

"What kind o' trouble?" I asked, gliding into the situation. I casually circled the group of thugs.

"The kind that messes up your face, pretty boy," one of them chuckled.

"Darnit, guess we can;t fight fire with fire then," I said with a fake frown.

"Wise ass, huh?" the biggest one said.

"Are you really the best one to be calling ass?" I said and stopped in front of them. I picked my board up and went to the assumed lead. "Look, how about we be civil? Or at least tolerate each other for a bit."

"I have a low tolerance," he spit, literally spraying my face.

I wiped the stuff from my face, and looked at him. "Well to be less violent I would say a skate battle, winner wins the rights, but either of us would respect that. So I instead issue this," I turned around and gave Matt, and the other kids from the school who had gathered, a sign that said 'follow my lead'. I faced the pack again, and raised my board so my head rested against it. "I give you a chance to make your threat a clear one, but allow us to go first."

Before he could figure out what I had said, I brought my board up and smashed it over his head. I quickly used it again to hit another one, and sent a punch at one of them quick to react. One of my victims grabbed my leg, knocked me down, I kicked him in the face, and crawled back as the rest came at me. Boy was that a dumb ass move.
That User Who Changed Their Name A Dozen Times And So No One Ever Knew Who They Were Half the Time and When They Did Only Used Bolt.

The tragic tale of losing all #Brand for nothing in return.

The Take Away Is You Probably Know Me As Bolt

54 Reviews

Reviews: 54
Thu Feb 18, 2010 2:41 pm
WhiteTiger93 says...

JONATHAN

He grinned. "I don't know, I think I'm enjoying this. Just stubling around and falling and-"

"Jonathan!" She yelled, angrily.

He smirked a little but led her to a bench where she could sit and take off her skates.

"It wasn't that bad was it?" He asked. Red glared and Jonathan shrugged, hiding his grin.

"Okay, well you'll get the hang of it," he replied. "Eventually."

There was a crash behind them and Jonathan turned quickly to see what was going on. Some kid was taking on a few older and bigger kids then him. He raised his eyebrows. A fight? On the first day? He liked that kid already.

Red had her skates off now and Jonathan nodded at her to follow as he ran towards the fight.

"What's going on?" He asked, pushing through the crowd.

BETHANY

Guys. They were so stupid. Always looking for a fight. How thick could you get! And it was only the first day here.

She snorted and looked around. A small, tiny girl with hallowed cheeks came up to her.

"How are you Mary," Beth nodded her way. Mary was her number one "customer"

"You got it?" She asked. "I need a brick."

Bethany sighed. She didn't want to sell here, but a brick was good money.

"Yeah, cash first," she ordered, knowing that this chick might run. Mary sighed and forked over the cash.

Beth slipped the pot into the girl's huge hoodie pocket. "Now go have your fun," she repied.

Beth didn't judge other people for smoking the stuff, but she certainly didn't want anything to do with it. She might sell it but she saw what it did to people. She didn't want any part of that.
Hermione, shut your ungodly, lopsided mouth and quit interrupting! 20 points from Gryffindor. You know, for the brightest witch of your age you can sure be a dumba** sometimes. *smiles* 10 points to Dumbledore!

~A Very Potter Musical - Dumbledore

Reviews: 4
Thu Feb 18, 2010 9:26 pm
A.J Murphy says...

Ace/ Jay

Duncan had finally found me a board when I heard commotion from the other side of the park. I quickly skated over, out of natural curiosity, to find out what was going on. Duncan was hot on my heals. I found Riley on a bench, a worried expression on her face.

"Are you okay?" I asked hopping of the board to sit next to her. She gave me a slight smile and pointed to where the guys were fighting.

"Jeeze, can we lower the testosterone a bit?" I sighed, earning a small laugh from Red.

"I'm going to try and break it up." I continued, about to walk over there before both Red and Duncan caught my arm.

"No Ace, we don't want to make things worse." Duncan warned. I rolled my eyes.

"But they seem to be having so much fun." I complained jokingly. Jonathan laughed at my semantics.

"I know." He said, Red turned to gape at him. "Don't encourage her!" She laughed.

"Red I'm joking, I'm not too keen on being a part of fights." I reassured her.
When you Climb you succeed. When you fall you die.

541 Reviews

Reviews: 541
Thu Feb 18, 2010 9:48 pm
Lauren2010 says...

Riley "Red"

I laughed. "I agree that fighting is never the answer, but this is getting ridiculous." I pointed to where the fight was going down, and sighed. "It looks like someone is going to have to scrape Nick off the floor when those guys get done with him. We might as well go on over and see what we can do to stop it."

Jay, Duncan, and I headed over to where the fight was taking place, me gladly leaving the skates behind.

The big guys were having quite a time with Nick, and one had even tried to go after Matt who was skating circles around him and laughing. Jonathan was even pushing his way towards the crowd. I frowned. He was going to get himself hurt, and I didn't like the idea of that.

"Come on now," I said, trying to get in through the crowd. "Do we really have to fight like this? It's very juvinile."

"Who are you to be breaking up fights?" one of the big guys growled. I looked up to see one of the monsters standing right in front of me. "Get out of here, before you get hurt."

I raised an eyebrow. "You would hit a girl?"

The big guy grunted some heathen language unknown to the more intelligent world. I was pretty sure he wouldn't try anything on me, he was just trying to seem 'badass' or some other sort of ridiculousness.

"I thought so," I continued. "You know, it takes a very small person to have to push people around to feel good about himself. Do you really want to be that person?"

The big guy glared and his face turned a lovely pink. Before I knew what was happening, he shoved me to the ground. I tried to turn to catch myself, only to feel a sharp snap in my wrist when I hit the cement.

"Ouch," I said through gritted teeth. It didn't hurt too badly, I was mostly shocked that I had been mistaken about the big guy. He didn't come after me any more though, so it seemed I was partialy correct. When I looked back to find my attacker he had moved on to some other poor soul who had gotten themselves involved.

I turned my attention back to my wrist, trying to move it and hoping it wasn't broken. "Ouch," I said again as a sharp pain shot through it.
Got YWS?

39 Reviews

Thu Feb 18, 2010 10:06 pm
Bloo says...

Shane

The noises from above echoed through the tunnel, making it impossible to relax. I casually rolled a joint, light it, and grabbed my bag. But not before taking out my "security". It wasn't a real gun, just a flare, but most people couldn't tell the difference at night, and it would still mess them up. My mom wouldn't let me carry a real one, even if the people I would be dealing with might. Lastly I put my hood up, and tried to deepen my voice, wanting to hide my identity for my next move.

I walked out of the tunnel, and stood right behind the pack. I let the first shoot off into the air, catching everyone's attention. I saw one kid trying to squirm out of a full nelson lock.

"Everyone, quit it, or else," I said. A few people laughed at my threat. I let another out of the chamber, making sure it went right over them. The laughs were now mummers of fear. "Put that kid down," I demanded, and the wrestler in training released his nelson. I waited until the kid had gotten away before continuing. "Now, you guys, get on that side of the park, boarding schoolers, the other. The groups separated, shuffling to their respective sides.

Once I was sure it was all separate, I launched my final shot. It went right into the punks area, They all ran towards the exit in a frenzy. "And stay out!" I shouted, knowing it wasn't over. While everyone from school watched them run, I went back into the tunnel, grabbed my board, and left through the other end.
That User Who Changed Their Name A Dozen Times And So No One Ever Knew Who They Were Half the Time and When They Did Only Used Bolt.

Reviews: 4
Thu Feb 18, 2010 10:54 pm
A.J Murphy says...

Jay/Ace

I glared at the oaf who had thrown Red to the ground, I was about ready to slap him until my immediate worry of Red took over when she was thrown to the ground, a slight popping noise sounded from her wrist.

I knelt down beside her. "Are you okay?" I asked.

She cringed slightly at the pain. "Umm, i think it's broken." She answered.

"Can you move it?" I asked. She tried, letting out a small squeal.

"No." I nodded and turned to Jonathan. "Try finding something to bind it with or something." I then turned to Duncan. "Come help me find the nurse please." I had then taken off towards the school at a sprint.

"Do you know where your going?" Duncan asked me.

"I hope so." it didn't take me long to find the clinic, seeing as though there was a sign that said 'clinic'.

"Nurse, we need help. My friend possibly has a broken wrist." I told her only slightly out of breath.

"Show me to her." She told me.
When you Climb you succeed. When you fall you die.

22 Reviews

Reviews: 22
Fri Feb 19, 2010 2:04 am
AliceRose says...

*Duncan*

I looked down at Red, who was cradling her wrist to her chest. "That son of a bitch." I murmured to myself. Red heard me and looked up at me, unshed tears sparkling in her eyes.

"Don't do something stupid that will get you kicked out Duncan. That would suck major." She said with a small laugh.

I looked over at the thugs. "You do know that this means war." I said to her.

She laughed. "Hell yeah it does, but before we start anything, I'd like to get my wrist feeling better."

Just then, Jay came back with the nurse, and I watched as they took Red from the park.

So far, the day wasn't turning out to be the best.
We're all a bit mad...

54 Reviews

Fri Feb 19, 2010 3:29 pm
WhiteTiger93 says...

JONATHAN

That was awesome," He grinned at the guy who had started the fight. "I'm Jonathan."

"Nick," the guy smirked a little.

Jonathan looked over his shoulder. Red was being taken away by a nurse. He frowned. What had happened to her?

BETHANY

"Shane you are SUCH an idiot," Beth murmered.

And to top it all off, she could even find him now. Great. Instead of going after him she took a deep breath and put on a fake smile, walking up to a big group of new students. Like her. Maybe one of them would be a user and she could earn a little more money.

"Hi," she grinned. "I'm Beth!"

"Hey," a guy turned around. "Jonathan. And this is Nick."
Hermione, shut your ungodly, lopsided mouth and quit interrupting! 20 points from Gryffindor. You know, for the brightest witch of your age you can sure be a dumba** sometimes. *smiles* 10 points to Dumbledore!

39 Reviews

Fri Feb 19, 2010 3:54 pm
Bloo says...

Nick

"Thanks," I said with a short laugh. A girl, Beth, came up to us. "So Beth, you a 'preppy' or a local?"

"I go to the boarding school, if that's what you;re asking," she asked.

"Good, cause the locals sort of...suck," I told her.

" Speak of that, are you okay?" Jonathan asked.

"A little bruised up, might be sore tomorrow, but that dude with the flare gun scared them off before the big guys could get to me," I explained. "If you ask me, this isn't over. Those guys seemed to hate kids who go to the school."

"I think its just a general local people thing," Beth said. "They don;t like people coming to their home, taking over their stuff."

"Even though their local Economy would go to crap without it, hell we probably pay for this park," I told them. "But enough of this serious crap, we got to party while the night is young! We still have tomorrow to adjust to the school. So let's rock and roll, and party all freaking night!"

54 Reviews

Fri Feb 19, 2010 4:06 pm
WhiteTiger93 says...

JONATHAN

He smiled widely. And Beth nodded as well, smirking.

"Then let's do it!" Jonathan whooped. "Cause I'm tired of moping around."

Beth raised an eyebrow. "And what are you gonna do? Just have a three person party all to yourself."

Nick shook his head. "We're going to invite everyone," he laughed.

Jonathan grinned and yelled "Then let's not sit around and talk about it! Let's do it!"

121 Reviews

Reviews: 121
Fri Feb 19, 2010 7:37 pm
PhoenixBishop says...

Seth~

I touched my hair almost forgetting it's odd color.

"Brown hair is boring and I wanted a change," I said looking at Ever. "Not that I'm saying all brown hair is boring."

She let out a small laugh. "Are those brownies," she asked.

"Uneatable," I said. I stopped by my room and put the plate of brownies of the table. Then put my bags away.

We were almost to the arts building when I asked. "So you interested in theater huh?"

She was about to awnser when I she noticed a skatepark that we were passing was full of teens.

"How about a detour," she said and headed towards the group. I follwed and got there to her one of the girls introduce herself as May.
This is one little planet in one tiny solar system in a galaxy that’s barely out of its diapers. I’m old, Dean. Very old. So I invite you to contemplate how insignificant I find you.

Death~

356 Reviews

Reviews: 356
Fri Feb 19, 2010 8:06 pm
*writewatiwant* says...

*Would someone please bring Maria in? I forgot about this, and now I'm lost <.<*
Piglet: How do you spell love?
Pooh: You don't spell it. You feel it.

The Buddy System Check us out!

Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools, because they have to say something.
— Plato