z

Young Writers Society

Invisible Words

42 Reviews

Reviews: 42
Wed Feb 10, 2010 11:23 pm
Kaywiia says...

Amber

Another girl walked towards out little group. I got up from the other boys side.

"I am Amber." I said. I would have shaken her hand, but mine was covered in blood.

"Annie." She said, "Let me help." She bent down beside the boy and helped me tend to him. His sister sat idle besid us, staring at the sky.

"Dont you care?" I aksed her.

"Hmm?"

"Dont you care you brother lays dieing and your not even helping him."

"You are already tending to him. Why strain myself?"
Love is beautiful, but what would love be without life?

24 Reviews

Reviews: 24
Mon Feb 15, 2010 6:49 pm
xX_white_shadow_Xx says...

A5H (I hope you guys still want to do this!)

She looked at me, disgust in her eyes. I shrugged. Sure, I was worried. But I wasn't going to let that bother me. I mean, he survived growing up with me, didn't he? He'd be fine. Good old Mo Jax. I sighed, standing up.

"Well, I'm going to-" Just then Mo groaned, his head rolling to the side.

"Oh God..." he moaned, opening his eyes and blinking a few times. He coughed, then winced. "Oh God. Oh, woa. Hi." He said, noticing the two girls hovering over him. He tried to smile, but it was a gross sight. His mouth was filled with blood. One of the girls gasped. I rolled my eyes.

"Glad you're awake, Sunshine." I told him, bending down and flicking his nose.
Is he dancing with a little boy in spandex?!

~Papa Doorbell

42 Reviews

Mon Feb 15, 2010 6:58 pm
Kaywiia says...

Amber

"Leave him alone!" I shouted at Ash.

"Touchy, touchy." She relied. I aught to slap her.

"Oh, take a hike." I said, "literally, see if you can find any fod. My 100 calorie bars wont last very long." She made a great show of stormiing off in one direction while I tended to HER brother. stupid girl, be nice for once. Care about someone, besides yourself.

24 Reviews

Mon Feb 15, 2010 7:03 pm

M* J@x

My head is filled with needles and cotton.

Oh, holy Frankenstein, that hurts!

I groan, trying to get the needles and fire and crap out of my head, but it doesn't work at all, only makes my ribs hurts. "Oh God..." I moan as one of my feet is crushed under a giant elephant sitting on it. I can't move it. Stupid elephant! "Oh God." I wince, opening my eyes. I remember a white light, but now everything is dark. I notice two girls in front of me, their eyes wide. "Woa, hi." I smile. Smiling hurts, and I taste blood. I stop.

"Glad you're awake, Sunshine." Ash's face appears above my own, an odd light reflected in her eyes.

"Yea." I mutter. Very slowly, I raise one of my hands and poke it in my mouth. Wincing, I notice a few teeth gone in the back, and my bottom lip is a bloody mess. I take my finger out and lay my head back down, closing my eyes. This pain crap is annoying. I don't like it. I hear footsteps and sit up quickly, looking around. Bad, bad idea. I clutch my ribs and head, blinking hard. There's no house. I can see parts of our sofa strewn about, and a bit of wall still standing where the fireplace was, but nothing else. Just rubble.

"Hey, lay back down!" One of the girls pushes lightly on my shoulders and I do as she says, closing my eyes as well. My home is gone, my mother and father, too. They aren't here. But Ash is. Wondering what's happened, and praying against the obvious, I feel a few tears slip out as gentle hands work to heal me.

(Sorry it's not so awesome 9_9 Are any of you still out there? *puppy eyes*)

~Papa Doorbell

24 Reviews

Mon Feb 15, 2010 7:05 pm

Oops, em....We posted at the same time o.0 Should we try to fix this?

~Papa Doorbell

42 Reviews

Mon Feb 15, 2010 7:22 pm
Kaywiia says...

Amber

"Hey, lay back down!" I tell him. He is crying. I give him a gental hug.I work on finishing cleaning what I can, then help him sit up against a tree.

"Are you okay?" I ask him.

"Enough." He replies.

"Thanks for being specific....where does it hurt?"

"My mouth." he relpied. I pull a water bottle from my side.

"Drink this." I say.

24 Reviews

Mon Feb 15, 2010 7:47 pm

A5H

I left Mo and that obnoxious girl as I walked down what was left of the street, trying not to look at any bodies I came across. I didn't want to know who had died. I didn't want to know who had lived. I just wanted to get out of here, preferably with Mo behind me. I found a house about two blocks over that seemed in better shape than ours, picking through the remains, trying to find where the kitchen might've been. Finally, I found part of a cabinet that hadn't been blown up, and inside there was food and water. "Oh thanks lord!" I sighed, immediately grabbing a bag of chips. I ran back to our "house" as fast as I could manage, only to find that Amber chick spoon feeding my brother. He had tear-tracks on his face.

"Oh, dear God." I huffed, walking towards them. "Go get a room, if you can manage to find one." I muttered, setting the chips and water down. The girl, Amber, looked up at me with hard eyes.

"Where did you get these?" She asked. I shrugged, munching on a few chips. Being traumatized makes me hungry. "Where did you get these?" She asked again, a bit harsher. I just smiled at her, popping another chip into my mouth.

~Papa Doorbell

61 Reviews

Reviews: 61
Mon Feb 15, 2010 8:07 pm
RedBird says...

>>>Ok, I thought Cutter was there, but I guess not, so...<<<

Cutter,

I pick my way through the rubble. The ruins of my home. Lovely. Here and there I find unspoiled cans of food, some other supplies, you get the picture. As I pass by a house that's only been partially destroyed, I hear a low murmur of voices. They stand out against the silence that I've been dealing with since the explosion. Cautiously, I enter the house.
Before I know what's happening, I'm confronted by two girls. They glare at me, or maybe it's at each other. I can't tell.

"Ummm, hi?" I say slowly.
And remember...A portkey can be any sort of harmless object...A football...or a dolphin.
~Snape, AVPM

"You are the egg, you are the chrysalis, you are the progeny. You are the rot that falls from stars."
~Will Henry, on Typhoeus magnificum

5 Reviews

Reviews: 5
Tue Feb 16, 2010 1:21 am
Tazakk says...

xX_white_shadow_Xx wrote:Em, TZ (my new nickname for Tazakk)? Could we get just a biiiit more detail in your charrie profile? Like, tall? short? Color hair? Skin? Eyes? What does he act like, besides average and dull-minded?

Thanks!
~nutty

Yes... That is a short profile...

Personality: Absent minded and pretty much the dimmest flashlight in the cave. However, also very generous and helpful
Appearance: Average height, pale skinned, dark brown hair, blue eyes, acne, wears a white hat.
Background: Josh was a bit too pampered in his American life... he never learned much and became a generally dull- witted teen. He has kind intentions, though.
When America was destroyed he was heartbroken to lose his family.
Secrets: The fact he doesn't have any secrets.

That's still pretty small, I can make more changes if you like...

Joshua Shrub

As I sleep, a nightmare begins.

I'm walking in a serene forest. But then, disaster strikes. As the animals run in fear, a great fire breaks out. I'm unable to fight as it swallows me...

And then white.

I awoke with a start. Around me, it seemed my twisted nightmare had come alive. The entire area was burning and charred as far a I could see.

"What the..."

I try to wake myself. But I couldn't. Could this be real?

I get out of my burnt bed, and quickly remember I had been on the second floor of my house. All that was left of this floor now was the small platform I was on, still there most likely by far to little supports for comfort.

Abruptly, the floorboards gave out on me. I managed to grapple a part of the floor, but it too was breaking loose.

Desperately, I looked around. I spied a glittering light in another house, somewhat far off.

"Hey! Help!" I called out desperately.

As I called, the board got looser...
When it comes to havoc, nobody wreaks like me!

560 Reviews

Reviews: 560
Tue Feb 16, 2010 1:45 am
Tenyo says...

(( I'm still in. Jackie's just going to lull around the island until someone arrives, or needs a ride from the mainland.))
We were born to be amazing.

24 Reviews

Tue Feb 16, 2010 11:21 pm

A5H

"Umm, hi?" A new voice breaks my stare off with Amber, and I turn to the newb.

"Hey," I say, crunching a chip. "Who are you? By the way, good job not dying in the explosion."

He smiles, his freckled nose squinching up. "Cutter," He says, holding out a hand.

"Ash," I say, slapping it. "That's my baby brother Mo, over there. The one crying on the floor? Yea."

I see Cutter's eyes travel over to my brother, then the girl wrapping his torso up in singed curtains, then over to Amber. "Nice to meet you, Ash. And you are?" He says, still all smiles.

I feel like I need to kick this guy.

~Papa Doorbell

61 Reviews

Reviews: 61
Wed Feb 17, 2010 1:02 am
RedBird says...

Cutter,

Apparently my attempt at friendliness wasn't appreciated by Ash. Ah, well. You can't please everyone. My hand does hurt, though. Some people.

"And you are?" I continue, turning to the others in the room.

"Amber," says one of the other girls.

I look at Ash's brother, Mo, I think. He's hurt, but not TOO badly, considering. I have some experience with that kind of stuff, though, from my years on the streets.

"Here, let me help," I say crouching by Mo.
And remember...A portkey can be any sort of harmless object...A football...or a dolphin.
~Snape, AVPM

"You are the egg, you are the chrysalis, you are the progeny. You are the rot that falls from stars."
~Will Henry, on Typhoeus magnificum

42 Reviews

Wed Feb 17, 2010 1:27 am
Kaywiia says...

Amber

"Thanks, a break would be nice." I say, looking at Cutter. He is cute, I will admit, but now probably wasn't the time to be looking for a boyfriend. Before long Mo stands up.

"Thanks dude!" He says, shaking Cutters hand, "And thanks to you to." He says, looking at me.

"You are very welcome." I said, giving him my best colgate smile.

"So whats the plan now?" I ask.

"Not sure... where'd you get the food?" Cutter asked.

"A sourse." Ash said. I hated that chic, a lot.

24 Reviews

Wed Feb 17, 2010 1:43 am

M* J@x

The tall guy finished wrapping me up, and then helps me up. "Thanks dude!" I shake his hand, smiling. "And thanks to you, too." I say, smiling at Amber. I'm glad they showed up. Ash probably would've just sat there and watch me bleed to death. Speaking of which, I think this counts as one of those rare times I will be able to hug Ash. I run up to her, snatch her chips, and hug her tight, lifting her off the ground. Bad idea. I set her down, panting out an "I love you" around the pain. She just thwaps the back of my head and takes her chip bag back.

"Don't mention it," She says, stuffing more chips in her mouth. I try to grab a few but she bites my hand.

"Ouch!" I whine, massaging my now sore hand. "Fine then, where can I get my own?" I ask, looking down on her, my hands on my hips. She scowls at me.

"Don't look down at me. And, like I just said, somewhere. An unknown source. Go find some yourselves." She says, waving us off dismissively. I grab her chip bag again, quickly running behind Cutter. He seems big enough to be able to take her.

"Where?" I try again, peering over Cutter's shoulder at her.

She huffs crossly, kicking the ground. "Fine. The used-to-be yellow house two blocks over."

I try to remember it, but it's not that hard. It was my best friend's house. "C-Cody? Cody's house? I-is he ok? I mean, you found the chips, right? So he could-"

She shakes her head slowly, watching my face. Cody is gone. My best friend...

Dead.

~Papa Doorbell

5 Reviews

Reviews: 5
Wed Feb 17, 2010 1:57 am
Tazakk says...

[[I had meant for the house Josh was calling to to be the one you guys are in... could someone save him?]]
When it comes to havoc, nobody wreaks like me!

"Sometimes even shooting stars find wishes that miss their marks."
— TryHardNinja