z

Young Writers Society

Invisible Words

42 Reviews

Reviews: 42
Wed Feb 17, 2010 8:56 pm
Kaywiia says...

Amber

"Did you hear that?" I asked. Someone had called for help. I ran up slightly broken steps to see another boy, a large beam of wood heading towards him. I pulled him out of the way just in time.

"You okay?" I ask him.

"Yeah, fine." He pants.

"Come on, lets go downstairs." We walk down the stairs. I count... we have five total people now. Maybe if we banded together we would be okay.

"So Ash, were'd you get the food?"
Love is beautiful, but what would love be without life?

5 Reviews

Reviews: 5
Thu Feb 18, 2010 2:13 am
Tazakk says...

Joshua Shrub

I'm saved just in time by a random girl who apparently didn't find it risky to climb up the steps. She took me to the house where she had come from. Tree others were already there.

As I looked on, the girl immediately said, "So Ash, where did you get the food?

Ash, the other girl, looked at the first with apparent annoyance.

"Really? I just told you, like, two minutes ago. The house two blocks over to the right."

One of the boys seemed ready to cry when Ash said this. I wondered why.

"Um, hello. I'm Josh. Who are you guys?"
When it comes to havoc, nobody wreaks like me!

42 Reviews

Thu Feb 18, 2010 2:18 am
Kaywiia says...

Amber

"Oh, I am Amber, thats Cutter, Ash and Mo." I said, pointing to each in turn.

"Hi." Josh said.

"And now that were all aquainted lets get some food." Cutter said.

"I second that." I said. I help Mo up and we go grab some food at the house ash showed us.

There is food galore, but Mo seems unhappy here. I didn't know why, and then I see a boy, obviously dead, covered in blood.

61 Reviews

Reviews: 61
Thu Feb 18, 2010 2:37 am
RedBird says...

Cutter,

Josh seems a bit, I dunno, dull, but he's all right. Amber...I don't know yet. Mo is naive in some ways, and not in others. Ash is tough. And isn't afraid to show it. I am fairly certain that if we slow her down, she'll abandon us. But you never know...
As we scrounge for food, I try not to look at the body of the boy, the one that's causing so much apparent pain for Mo. I come up to him.

"He was your friend, wasn't he?" I say gently.

Mo nods, tight lipped.

"I'm sorry," I whisper.

He shrugs me off.
And remember...A portkey can be any sort of harmless object...A football...or a dolphin.
~Snape, AVPM

"You are the egg, you are the chrysalis, you are the progeny. You are the rot that falls from stars."
~Will Henry, on Typhoeus magnificum

24 Reviews

Reviews: 24
Sat Feb 20, 2010 3:00 pm
xX_white_shadow_Xx says...

M* J@x

I tried my hardest not to look at Cody's body, but my eyes kept trailing towards it. Finally, against my better judgment, I let myself look. I gasped, tears blurring the images of blood and death in front of me.

"Come on, Mo," Someone said, tugging gently on my arm. I ignored them, taking a step closer, but ending up on my knees. "Mo, come on. get up," The voice said, stronger this time. The grip on my arm didn't loosen.

"What's wrong with him?" I heard a new voice ask."

"Shut up!" The earlier voice growled, and I knew it was Ash. "Now come on, Mo. get up, sweetheart."

I ignored her still, putting my hand out to touch him. Touch his bloody, scared face. "Cody," I whisper, reaching closer.

"No!" someone shouted, pulling me back so hard I fall on my back. My eyes clear and I look up to see Ash's snarling face in front of mine. "Mo Jax, don't you dare. Don't you DARE! He's dead. He's gone. don't touch him, don't look at him, ignore it. We're leaving." She said harshly, pulling me painfully into a sitting position. She stood in front of me, blocking my view of the bodies.

"Ok," I said softly, slowly getting up. "Let's go."
Is he dancing with a little boy in spandex?!

~Papa Doorbell

24 Reviews

Sat Feb 20, 2010 9:36 pm
View Likes

((someone post, someone post! Don't let it dieeee! e_e))

~Papa Doorbell

61 Reviews

Sat Feb 20, 2010 10:17 pm
RedBird says...

Cutter,

We're all subdued as we leave the house. The house with Mo's friend's corpse. I suppress a shudder. Corpses everywhere.
When we get back to the old house, I figure we need a plan. I clear my throat.

"Okay. We obviously can't stay here-"

"Why not?" cuts in Josh.

I try not to roll my eyes, "'Cause there isn't enough food for all of us. Anyway, my guess is that this didn't just happen here. It probably obliterated the entire country. Maybe even parts of Canada and Mexico."

"So what are we gonna do?" asks Amber.

"Our best bet would be to make our way to the coast. We can find a boat, get to somewhere else,"

"Good thing the coast's only a few miles," mutters Ash.
And remember...A portkey can be any sort of harmless object...A football...or a dolphin.
~Snape, AVPM

"You are the egg, you are the chrysalis, you are the progeny. You are the rot that falls from stars."

42 Reviews

Sun Feb 21, 2010 1:11 am
Kaywiia says...

Amber

"I see a car over there. I can drive...." I say.

"Aren't you a little young." Cutter asks.

"I never said i could drive LEGALY. I just watched the limo driver most of the time. But he gave me lessons..."

"Your LIMO driver?" Ash asked.

"Yes, my driver. Now can we see if there are keys in that car?"

Cutter ran over to it, "Yup, and the keys are pink, too." We all hop in and I begin to drive in the direction of the coast.

"You are actually a good driver." Ash says.

"That means a lot, coming from you." I remarked. Mo just sat there with sad eyes the whole time.

"Cutter, can you take the weel for a bit?"

"I can drive well enough." He says. I go and sit by Mo and put my arms around him, the way I saw my mother do when her sisters husband died. I put my head on his shoulder and just kept my arms around him. It had done myricals for my aunt, and I hoped it wouldhelp him.

"Thanks, I needed that." Mo whispered to me.

"Your welcome," I whispered, equally as quiet. We sat there for a immesurable moment.

61 Reviews

Sun Feb 21, 2010 5:37 pm
RedBird says...

Cutter,

Driving, I admit, isn't my forte. But was I going to say that in front of Ash. Nope. Not a chance. So I managed as best as I could, and muttered indistinct things about the quality of the road, interspersed with liberal cursing.
Josh was looking blankly out the window, Ash was glaring at nothing in particular, and Amber and Mo were sitting close together. Come to think of it, that was probably why Ash was glaring. Then again, it seemed she was always glaring at something.
Finally, we reached the coast. The remnants of the town we came to were slightly less charred than the ones we had left, but not by much.

"Alright. Let's find a boat," growls Ash.

"Right-o," I say, smiling. This seems to annoy her. My smile fades. Mo comes up to me.

"Just ignore her when she's like that. She gets over it."

"Okay. Will do. How're you feeling?"

He shrugs, "I'm alright, I guess,"

"Good."
~Snape, AVPM

24 Reviews

Sun Feb 21, 2010 7:26 pm

m* J@x

I appreciated Amber's kindness, but I still wasn't sure about her. I liked her, but...but what? I was just reluctant to admit how I felt about her I guess. Not that I knew what I felt about her! I sighed. I needed time to think, but trying to survive was more important. It was slightly rainy out here right on the coast. I followed Ash's advice and started walking looking around. Finally, I say a boat. It was kind of small, but it was all in one piece and it had a motor that worked. "Hey!" I called over the others. "I found one!"

"Good job, baby bro," Ash said, slapping me on the arm as she walked by. She sat in the boat, smiling at all of us. Ash smiling was not a good sign. "Ok, so now you guys can do everything else. I vote we sail that-a-way." She said, pointing straight out towards the ocean

~Papa Doorbell

42 Reviews

Sun Feb 21, 2010 11:15 pm
Kaywiia says...

Amber

We all get into the little run-down boat. Cutter takes the weel and I just sit and let the sea spray fan my face. Then I feel arms pushing me and I am in the water. The boat is speeding ahead, and I am sitting in the middle of the pacific ocean.

"Turn around!" Mo yells to Cutter. Cutter realizes what happened and turns around. I realize the boat is heading strait towards me and I go underwater until I hear the motor stop. Then I swim to the surface, and with Cutter's help, get back into the boat.

I turn to Ash, "I won't kill you because it would upset your brother. And I have nothing to kill you with." Cutter laughs at the last statement.

"Or because you are too weak." Ash said. I sat down, and put my hair into a ponytail, trying not to repond. Then I realize I am freezing.

"That was crossing the line." Mo said to Ash.

"What, I knew she could swim." Ash said.

"No you didn't." Mo retaliated.

"Well, I sort of hoped she couldn't, but..."

"You nearly killed her."

"So what?"

I said through my shivering, "S-s-to-oo-p f-i-i-gh-t-t-in-g." Mo took of his jacket and gave it to me. I thanked him. Ash groweled.

61 Reviews

Sun Feb 21, 2010 11:51 pm
RedBird says...

Cutter,

I frown at Ash and Amber. They shouldn't be fighting. I realize that Ash doesn't like Amber...flirting with Mo, but, really, that's his choice. Right?
Josh has been quiet for the whole times, not acknowledging anything. But suddenly, he speaks up.
"C'mon, you two! Get a grip! We need each other, or we're not gonna survive," he says, with what amounts to sternness. At least, coming from him it does. Amber and Ash turn to look at him, eyes narrowed.

"Well, it's true," he says, matter-of-factly.

"Whatever," grumbles Ash, and slumps on a bench.

I return my focus to steering our boat. She's a nice one, this boat. And there's even extra gas in the back.
Suddenly, a speck on the horizon catches my attention.

"Is that...an island?" I say hestitantly.

The others eagerly look where I'm pointing.

"Yeah, I think it is!" says Amber.

"I sure hope so," says Mo.

I turn our boat, which I've decided to call the Cody, towards the speck. Gradually, it gets larger.
~Snape, AVPM

42 Reviews

Mon Feb 22, 2010 10:39 pm
Kaywiia says...

Amber

Oh, an island. I am so excited.

I am suddenly concerned, "Do you think there will be monkeys?"

Josh bursts out laughing, "No, I hope not."

"There shouldn't be." Cutter says.

"I hope they eat you." Ash said. I don't even repond. I don't need to, when she is being stupid. There's not a speck of meat on my bones anyway.

"Cut it out, Ash." Mo says. She makes a particularily mean face at him. I stick my tounge out at her.

"That was mature." Cutter said sarcasticly.

"I don't feel like being mature." I retaliated.

"JUST. CUT, IT OUT." Josh said. I fall silent while ash snickers. I feel tears coming to my eyes, but I don't stop them from falling.

Random avatar

Reviews: 51
Mon Feb 22, 2010 11:10 pm
ireylcadence says...

Hey, am i still in this? My character was with you guys at first...
The wittiest thing is the simple truth.

24 Reviews

Mon Feb 22, 2010 11:41 pm

Sure! :) Just pretend you were there the whole time ^_^ And Kaywiia? Mo is used to Ash being like this, so he doesn't ever do anything about it. Just so ya know! ^_^ Thanks!

~nutty

~Papa Doorbell

It is most unlikely. But - here comes the big "but" - not impossible.
— Roald Dahl