z

Young Writers Society

Lost Saga!

41 Reviews

Reviews: 41
Fri Feb 05, 2010 9:20 am
Billy says...

Leo

Deep down, Leo had to admit that the circumstances under which they'd received the game were a little strange, but what did it matter? As he said, they had it now, they might as well give it a whirl.

Leo reached forward, scooping up his headset with an almost manic look. Ah, games. He was going to have some fun with this. It wasn't even released yet, and all that meant to him (aside from the obvious thrill of getting something early) was that he was going to be a serious irritant to 'real' gamers when they finally got their grubby, corn-chip stained fingers on one of these headsets. Life was sweet.

Draining the last of his coffee, the class clown leaned back in his seat, hitting the start button in unison with the others, and finding himself immersed in the world of Lost Saga.
He had decided to live forever or die in the attempt. - Yossarian, Catch-22

Wide-eyed stupid.

If you're gonna rule the world, you've gotta get up early! - Joel S. Dickens

324 Reviews

Reviews: 324
Fri Feb 05, 2010 1:37 pm
Threnody says...

Lyric:

I was immediately submerged into an area that looked rustic and old, but somehow new. "Enter you username." A voice said. It seemed to be coming from somewhere very close, but I couldn't see anyone. "Um..."

"Username: Um."

"No no, delete delete delete."

"Deleted."

I thought for a second. If I got to make my character, this was going to be so awesome.

"ArchAngel." I said. This was my favourite username.

"Username: Arch Angel. Avatar?"

The room changed and I was now in a sort of old fashioned beauty parlour. It was deserted, but somehow an overall presence was lingering.

The avatar I chose for myself had long straight white hair, silver eyes with pinpricks of black, pale skin and sharp features. I chose a knee length flowing white dress and shoes fashioned like ballet slippers who's silver ribbons tied up my leg. A pair of working (?) white wings and a silver circlet completed it. This was just so cool, because the moment I chose, I found I looked just like my avatar. I was my avatar.

I walked to the final area and I stood in front of the mirror. Suddenly from my avatar a sort of light was pouring. When it was over, a silver haired monkey sat on the table in front of me. It jumped off the table, but instead of landing on the ground, it grew wings and became a large white hawk. "Hello." It said. Rather it spoke in my head, because words didn't come from it's mouth... was like mental telepathy. "I am Lyra. I am your Guardian." I walked towards the door and it swiftly turned into a snow leopard to keep up with me.

I concluded that it would follow me. It was like my second consciousness. I could feel Lyra like park of me. I looked up from thought, and I twirled around the staff that was in my hand. (How did that get there anyway... ah well it was a game, things could materialise whenever they wanted I guess.) It matched my theme exactly though... It was about shoulder high on me and had roses winding up it. On a leaf near the bottom was engraved, "Illusion Mage."
“One sees clearly only with the heart. Anything essential is invisible to the eyes”
~ The Little Prince~

121 Reviews

Reviews: 121
Fri Feb 05, 2010 4:33 pm
PhoenixBishop says...

Ben~

Now that I was in the game I had to pick a username. I thought about it and chose ColdFront then it came to making a avatar. I decided to make it a stark contrast to myself. Long white hair tan skin and I made my dark blue eyes turn icy cold. He was taller then me too. Once I chose this a black tortoise the size of a car lumbered over to me.

"I'm your guardian, try to keep up."

I tried not to laugh being as that he moved as fast as a hunched old lady.
This is one little planet in one tiny solar system in a galaxy that’s barely out of its diapers. I’m old, Dean. Very old. So I invite you to contemplate how insignificant I find you.

Death~

5 Reviews

Reviews: 5
Fri Feb 05, 2010 6:24 pm
Skull3670 says...

Kris

I sat quietly as my laptop unzipped and loaded the mysterious new game. I knew i would have relative peace to try out this new game as recently my parents had taken to leaving me to my own devices since my accident and subsequent bouts of dark moods. I slid the dark visor of my headset into place as the game world engulfed my senses.
I was disembodied, and i heard a computerised voice.
"Enter Username."
"Mikael Eisenstein." It was the name of my player on every sporting game, worlds where i was still capable of amazing feats on the sports field.
The design of my character was something i laboured over, tall and blonde, much like myself but with paler skin and hauntingly blue eyes. My favourite peice was the glimmering half plate armour, each rune seeming to teem with malice.
After this was complete i seemed pulled into the characters body. Looking around i could see a feint dark miasma surrounding me and a husky whipered voice proclaimed
"I am your guardian."
Finally i was place before two pedastals, one with a selection of weapons and another with simple runes in the shape of its physical counter part. I wanted strength, so the hammer seemed like the sensible option, then i looked at the runes, a sword or fist looked tempting but i felt inexplicably drawn to a dark swirling skull in the corner. I closed my eyes and left it entirely to fate.
"Step forward Mikael, Vampire Knight." I felt a surge in my mouth and ran my tongue along to see what was happening. I had fangs, like real, horror movie blood sucker fangs!
"This..game..is..AWESOME!" I smirked. I was certainly going to enjoy this.
I have looked into the eye of the storm and stared it down. I am an adrenaline junky and i know no fear.

143 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 143
Sat Feb 06, 2010 2:52 am
LovelessSummer says...

*Riley-NightWatch*

" Enter your username." Well, that's how it started out anyway. I had gone through the motions quickly. Username: NightWatch Class: Red mage. Apperance: Purple hair and silver eyes. And my guarduian was a panda bear! How cool was that? Very!
I walked through the town in hopes to find my friends. Everything was so real. I started off with 100,000 coins which I quickly used to buy some new weapons, clothes, and some beyond cool hover boots.
I bounced through the sky like a little pixie, slashing my staff through the air.
" Swish swish!" I giggled and did air flips.
" Hey Night," I looked down," I know it's you, Riley! I only know one person that would be flipping through the air like a balloon on crack." Unsure of who this person may be I grounded myself.
LoVeLeSs I review short stories and novels.

Always remember that you’re unique. Just like everyone else.

The early bird may get the worm, but the second mouse gets the cheese.

1260 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 1260
Sat Feb 06, 2010 3:15 am
Elinor says...

Theria

I am the last one to put on my headset, but I register quickly so I can join the others.

"Enter your username," says the game. I think for a bit before I decide on "SpunkyMermaid50". Then it has me choose my appearance. I like this part because it feels as though I am actually getting a makeover.

Finally I enter. I start off in a little town with 100,000 coins. It's all gone within the next couple of minutes.

"Hey, Theria!" I hear Riley's voice, and I go to join the others.

All our dreams can come true — if we have the courage to pursue them.

-- Walt Disney

41 Reviews

Sat Feb 06, 2010 5:10 am
Billy says...

Leo

"Choose username." The voice was everything Leo expected - hollow, mechanical, the kind of voice that every machine that had ever 'spoken' was purported to use. He smirked to himself, settling on one of those oh-so-typical 'cool' names.

"Spectre." He said.

Lazy as he was, Leo didn't much linger on the appearance of his character. This was, again, rather atypical for the kind of mood he wanted to evoke. Black, rune-etched robes, ceremonial dagger, black hair, white eyes. The exact look that no one would expect to be hiding a joker.

And finally, there was his 'profession' to select. Mercifully, he found that the game wasn't going to restrict him to a single role, and so he chose a combination of two: Shaman and Shadow Mage.

The disembodied voice sounded again as he finished. "Step forward, Spectre, Soul Thief."

Rubbing his hands together, Leo stepped forward into Lost Saga, eyes gleaming with mischief as he looked around. Soon enough, he noticed a group gathering together in the town. He immediately set off towards them, knowing that they had to be his friends.

As he arrived, he raised his hands theatrically. "Bow before my might, mortals! Tremble in your boots, et cetera!"

Wide-eyed stupid.

199 Reviews

Reviews: 199
Sat Feb 06, 2010 6:20 am
Apple says...

Can I please please please please please join this! Here is my profile anyway, if you don't like it I'll get rid of it. PS. have you watched .hack, cause this is very much like it. Which is why I very much want to join!
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
General profile:

Name: Sabrina Cello (nickname: Bri)

Grade: 11

Appearance: Honey brown hair which falls below shoulders in the olden day way, with stretched ringlet on the bottom half and flat on the top. It falls sometimes slightly like a loins mane though a lot more neater and prettier. Sabrin has brown eyes with moss green rings on the outside fading into a dirty brown.

Personality: Sabrina is a very childish person who likes nothing better to play hide-and-seek than shopping. She is very sensitive and doesn't like to insult anyone in fear of hurting their feelings. When yu don't know her she is quiet though when you d she is loud eccentric and wants nothing more to play childish games with you.

History: With her mother dead from a car crash and her father broke from a bad business choice, Bri's life living in a run down hotel with her twin brother and younger brother is not to nice.

Other: Even though she acts like she doesn't want anything to do with love, she really is waiting for the right person.

Gamer profile:

User Name: Kite

Level: Level 15

Class: Warrior(heavy blade)+ adept rogue= adept warrior

Appearance: Kite has long maroon brown hair that falls to her waist in different layers of length the shortest coming below hr rib cage. Her top half of her hair puffs out, with bangs coming just below her eye brows. She has creamy tan with red face markings on her cheeks designed like triangles. Around her neck she wears a large bell and a ribbon on the back. And her armour looks like this: http://fc00.deviantart.net/fs13/f/2007/ ... hinebr.jpg
(Just minus the wings) She also has two large daggers at her waist and a heavy blade on her back.

Other: Kite's Gaurdian look like this: http://media.photobucket.com/image/anim ... amirah.jpg
Rem comes up to kite's knees. THough he is small his bites and claws very hard. He often sits on her head or dangles on her shoulde when ever ther is a large amount of waling.
I spy!

143 Reviews

Supporter

Sun Feb 07, 2010 4:27 pm
LovelessSummer says...

*Riley-NightWatch*

I flicked Leo on the ear then giggled. He glared at me and made a move for me, but I booted up my hover boots and floated above his head.
" Is everyone present and accounted for," I asked while preforming one of my air flips. Theria shook her head no. I sighed and grounded myself, sitting indian style.
" Should we wait for them?" Leo kicked me in the side gently.
" I don't know," he murmered," I don't have a problem with it." My eyes widened as I just realized something. I sent a friend invintation to Theria and Leo. I didn't know the others usernames.
" Nice idea, kiddo," I glared at Leo. He knew I hated him calling me kiddo. Just then someone ran down the path, calling our names.
" That must be one of our own," I smiled and became air bourn again, waving my hands and flipping.

5 Reviews

Reviews: 5
Sun Feb 07, 2010 8:15 pm
Skull3670 says...

Kris-Mikael

I felt myself freefalling, disconnected from the world i had just encountered. There was a chill wind and i (well my avatar) was stood in a graveyard.
"Woah." I stretched, getting used to my new "body". I tried a bit of jogging and jumping and finally sprinting. I tripped over something and lay cursing on the floor before turning to see what it was. A hammer. My hammer. I reached over and as my hand closed round it i felt a ever so slight jolt of power. Experimentally i gave it a swing and was shocked when a tiny bolt of lightening trailed behind it.
"Epic," i smiled, hefting the hammer onto my shoulder and jogging toward the town.
I have looked into the eye of the storm and stared it down. I am an adrenaline junky and i know no fear.

18 Reviews

Reviews: 18
Mon Feb 08, 2010 3:49 am
hippie_vampire says...

Lisa-IAmNotYouMom

As soon as I put on the head set a voice comes out form nowhere and asks: "Pleas choose your username."
"IAmNotYouMom" I say--I read the book Are You MY Mother? too much when I was a kid.
And as soon as I was done designing my avatar and picked my class I jumped in to start playing.

Nearly everyone was there but I suppose a few where taking longer on there avatars then me.

"This is awesome Theria!" I yell over.
“There are many thing people have claimed can not be true and yet nearly all of them have ether been true to begin with or been made true by thous stubborn enough to ignore them.”-Scientist 666 from my 2009 NaNoWriMo novel.

324 Reviews

Reviews: 324
Mon Feb 08, 2010 4:11 am
Threnody says...

Lyric:

I ran up to Riley. "Dude, look how awesome this is." My guardian climbed up as a silver monkey and sat on my shoulder. I waved my staff around and the scene changed, we were standing in a snowy white tundra. I waved it again and the scene rippled away. "I'm an illusion caster." My guardian hooted.

"Lyric, your guardian looks just like you." Kris said. I could totally tell it was him even behind his avatar.

"Shut it smart ass." I said laughing.

"You really should be more graceful when you talk. Your avatar looks all elegant and sleek and then comes your mouth."

"Whatever. Hey Theria, what do we do next?"
“One sees clearly only with the heart. Anything essential is invisible to the eyes”
~ The Little Prince~

143 Reviews

Supporter

Mon Feb 08, 2010 1:06 pm
LovelessSummer says...

*Riley-NightWatch*

I air bounced up and down, barely able to contain my exictment. My panda was hanging from my foot.
" Yeah l, Theria, come on. What next? What next," I shouted. I fluttered over everyones head until Lyric grabbed my foot and held me in place. Theria looked around.
" Umm, level up?" I tried to float off but I was still being tethered. Lyric started walking after Theria, pulling me along like a balloon. I folded my arms over my chest and just went along with it.
" Riley's a human balloon," Kris laughed. I threw my panda at him.
" Don't be mean, Kris," I scowled. Theria glanced over her shoulder
" Okay," she mumbled," does anyone know where the monsters are?"

121 Reviews

Reviews: 121
Mon Feb 08, 2010 4:23 pm
PhoenixBishop says...

Ben-ColdFront.

I rode my guardian to the location where everyone else was gathered. I got off and he sat down apparently exhausted. I sent water streaming out of my staff and he started to slurp it up. Theria was wondering where the monsters were. I too wondered this, I wanted to try out my powers.

"I don't know. Let's go to that town over there. Isn't that how these games work you go into town and the townspeople give you quests to go kill monsters."

"Well then let's head towards town," Theria said.

My guardian shrunk in size so he was small enough to sit on my shoulder.
This is one little planet in one tiny solar system in a galaxy that’s barely out of its diapers. I’m old, Dean. Very old. So I invite you to contemplate how insignificant I find you.

Death~

41 Reviews

Tue Feb 09, 2010 11:36 am
View Likes
Billy says...

Leo - Spectre

The serpent in his pocket stayed hidden for the time being, coiled there, silent but undeniably present. Leo slid a hand into his pocket and ran a finger down her spine. It was always good to have a card up one's sleeve, and he'd keep Aza hidden until he had to play that card.

"Killing monsters." He said with a sigh, "Gee, that's original."

"You got a better idea, Leo?" Ben asked.

He turned up his hands, grinning in response, "Well, we could always make friends with them, couldn't we? I'm sure they're just misunderstood, deep down."

As if on cue, a ragged looking townsman ran up to their group, panting hard, eyes darting from one to the next. "Please, noble adventurers," the man wheezed, "You must help us, we are beset by creatures woven from pure evil! They are just to the north of here, foul beasts that know no understanding of kindness or diplomacy. You must help us by killing them!"

Leo cracked his knuckles, grinning around at the others. "Well then, the townspeople have spoken! Monster killing awaits!"

Wide-eyed stupid.

[while trapped in a bucket of popcorn] You know what the worst part is? It's not even butter. We're gonna be destroyed by... ARTIFICIAL FLAVORING!
— Blake Bradley, Power Rangers Ninja Storm