z

Young Writers Society

The Ciianthan Truth: Spies

73 Reviews

Reviews: 73
Sun Mar 07, 2010 2:28 am
Light_Devil! says...

Linx

As Linx walked onward Maud spoke back to them, "You probably wouldn't know this, being newly arrivals, but me and my man have found Kent's horse. He won't let the Guard's have a look at it, hasn't even told them a single fact. I was thinking of telling them when they come by next month for . . . . nothing important, but if you're under the Regent's order's than I think I'm safe to tell you."

She patted Linx warmly on the shoulder. Linx looked back to the others, with a raised eyebrow, "What do you mean?"

Without her answering they cautiously followed her to her house. And then into it. Linx marvelled at the hallway as they walked through. It was beautifully made, if not somewhat old.

Maud continued to walk and they continued to follow. At the end of the hall there was an opening which led, rather strangely, to the ranch of the property. Horse stalls sat opposing their entrance.

No one had any idea about what they were doing. Jon asked something, "Aren't you showing us to our beds?" There was a wary tone in his voice.

Maud ignored him and waved to them to approach. A small garden was situated in front of her at the end of the ranch, which she stared at fondly, "This is my own little patch of heaven . . . Oh, goodness, I got distracted for a second here."

She glided effortlessly towards a small table next to the garden and picked up a small vile filled with what looked like a vein, except that the vein had been violently decapitated or blown apart. Simon glanced on in disgusted fascination, while Susa looked away for a second. Atila appeared to be unaffected. Jon looked slightly even more suspicious of their environment.

Linx stared in awe, "What the hell is that? And what happened to it?"

"Well, dumpling, it used to be a vein. Anyone care to guess what happened to the horse it belonged to?" Maud asked glancing around at them. Sahara looked almost squeamish.
Dynamic Duo AWAY!!!

A computer once beat me at chess. It was no match for me at kick boxing.

"I wish Homer was my father," - Ned's son.
"And I wish you didn't have Satan's curly red hair," - Ned Flanders.

24 Reviews

Reviews: 24
Sun Mar 07, 2010 5:44 pm
Kelcia says...

*Count me in, LD!*

Simon and Susa

Susa made a noise that sounded somewhat like ‘euch’ and put a disgusted hand over her mouth. Simon, although equally disgusted, lent in closer.

“May I?” he asked Maud. She shrugged and handed him the vial.

“Just don’t drop it,” she said with a threatening glance.

“I won’t,” he muttered, turning the vial this way and that. It was very clear to everybody present that the horse – or ex-horse as it might be called – had suffered something close to an explosion.

“He blew up? Or fell off a cliff and was torn apart by the rocks?” Susa, mastering her nausea, peered over her brother’s shoulder at the vein.

“Where did you find this anyway?” She said as Simon passed the vial back to another person in the group.

*anybody could be this person*
Mutant Plot Bunnies

Is it just me, or are the plot bunnies taking advantage of my ADD?

OmnomnomRandomPlotDetourOmnomnom

Right.

24 Reviews

Reviews: 24
Fri Mar 12, 2010 8:59 pm
Kelcia says...

I hate to double post, but... we're... not going on with this, are we. :(

And just as it was getting good. Have you people no inquisitiveness? LD has an awesome story line. :(
Mutant Plot Bunnies

Is it just me, or are the plot bunnies taking advantage of my ADD?

OmnomnomRandomPlotDetourOmnomnom

Right.

28 Reviews

Reviews: 28
Fri Mar 12, 2010 10:12 pm
EmiSukotto16 says...

***Now, I'm absolutely certain I posted! Grr... Apparently not, so I'll try again, but I need to let you guys know I'm not going to be able to post until next sunday.***

Shahara swallowed hard as she took the vial, she was trying not to gag. "And how are you so certain it's a horse's vein?" Se added to Susa's question. There wasn't much telling that it was a horse vein in the vial.

Shahara turned her focus back onto the discussion as she passed the vein on. An explosion was unlikely, seeing as a blast big enough to obliterate a horse wouldn't have escaped notice. So it had to have been a fall on to rocks. But why, then, was there only a vein left?
Llama 1:"Shh! Do you hear that? That's the sound of forgiveness."
Llama 2:"That's the sound of people drowning, Carl!"
Llama 1:"That is what forgiveness sounds like; screaming and then silence."

You cannot have an opponent if you keep saying yes.
— Richard Siken