z

Young Writers Society

The Court - Finished!

373 Reviews

Reviews: 373
Sun Jan 03, 2010 5:44 pm
Kamas says...

Krissy

I sat in the throne, legs hanging over the side and my fingers tapping nervously. People had come in and out of the Court, either for a challenge or for mercy. I waved them all off, hoping they wouldn't persist.

Jas dozed off, slumped in a chair. Krissy just wanted to get to Maria, not sit in this stupid throne.

I hope she's okay
"Nothing is permanent in this wicked world - not even our troubles." ~ Charles Chaplin

#tnt

93 Reviews

Reviews: 93
Sat Jan 16, 2010 8:52 pm
MagnusBane says...

Jas

The sound of loud voices woke Jas. She scrambled to her feet, almost knocking over the chair she had been sleeping in. She immediately looked around for the Rogue - but there was just Krissy, talking to a tall man with shaggy blond hair. Jas slowly put away her knife and sat down again, feeling foolish.

"Just leave," Krissy was saying to the man. She sounded just as tired as Jas felt. "I'll look at it tomorrow."

For a second the man looked like he was going to argue, but then he reluctantly shuffled out of the room.

Jas stood and hesitantly approached the throne. "It's so weird, seeing you sitting there," she blurted.

"It's weird for me, too," Krissy said around a yawn. Dark marks circled her eyes, and she looked worried.

Jas sat at the top of the stairs leading up to the throne. She didn't know what else to say. She couldn't exactly tell Krissy "I'm sure you'll be a good Rogue" when she wasn't sure that Krissy would be. And there was no way she was saying "I'm glad you killed my master," because she certainly wasn't. The silence stretched between them, growing more and more awkward.
“Don't tell me the moon is shining; show me the glint of light on broken glass.” Anton Chekhov

373 Reviews

Sat Jan 16, 2010 8:59 pm
Kamas says...

Krissy

I looked at Jas she stood awkwardly, shifting the weight. Krissy sighed, and rubbed her eyes.

"Look Jas, get whatever you want to say out now. I'm not interested in creating tension if we're going to have to work together. If you don't think I'll be a good Rogue, Grayson can do, if he doesn't want to do it, I'll be the best Rogue I can be. I'm not sorry about the killing I've done. Just tell me what you need to say."
"Nothing is permanent in this wicked world - not even our troubles." ~ Charles Chaplin

#tnt

93 Reviews

Sat Jan 16, 2010 9:19 pm
MagnusBane says...

Jas

"I..." I hesitated, not sure what to say. "It's just that... Never mind."

Krissy looked annoyed. "Just say it!"

"It doesn't matter," I said, looking away. The faint red bloodstains still showing on the steps caught my eye, and I suddenly felt sick. "I'm going to send someone to feed my horses," I said quickly, suddenly desperate to get out of the room.

"All right," Krissy said, looking taken aback.

"Be right back," I said, already heading down the steps. I practically ran out of the room. Outside in the hallway, I slumped against the wall, panting and trying not to throw up all over the black tiled floor. What's wrong with me? I wondered.
Last edited by MagnusBane on Sat Jan 16, 2010 9:39 pm, edited 2 times in total.
“Don't tell me the moon is shining; show me the glint of light on broken glass.” Anton Chekhov

180 Reviews

Reviews: 180
Sat Jan 16, 2010 9:19 pm
pudin.junidf says...

yay! Is starting agai.
One quick question?
Does someone know where Daniel or do I make him fin here somewhere?
Les sanglots longs
Des violons
De l'autonne
Blessent mon coeur
D'une langueur
Monotone.

Verlaine

373 Reviews

Sat Jan 16, 2010 9:38 pm
Kamas says...

With Grayson and Maria, Muff.

Krissy

I heard Jas panting outside in the hallway. Frowning I stood up and walked out into the hallway. Jas was leaning against the wall looking sick and confused.

"Jas, I think it would be best for you to tell me what is wrong." I told her, pushing my grimy hair out of my face.

#tnt

93 Reviews

Sat Jan 16, 2010 9:49 pm
MagnusBane says...

Jas

How embarrassing, I thought. It was one thing to get sick. It was another to have someone walk in on you when you were desperately trying not to throw up.

"Tell me what's wrong!" Krissy repeated, crossing her arms. She had that same insistent look on her face that Lorraine always had when she wanted something from me.

The memory of Lorraine laying on the throne room floor in a puddle of blood rose in my mind and I sank farther down the wall, feeling lightheaded. "Nothing's wrong," I hissed. "Go back to the throne."

"Is this about the stupid throne?" Krissy asked. "Do you want it? Is that what this is about? It's Grayson's! He won - "

"It's not about the throne!" I said. "It's about - "

"About what?" she demanded.

I blinked and a tear slid down the side of my face. I wiped it away, horrified. The last thing I needed was for Krissy to think I was a weak fool, but here I was, crying and practically having hysterics in front of her. Suddenly angry, I pushed myself to my feet and tried to shove past her. She grabbed my arm.

"Let go of me," I said, my hands clenched into fists.

373 Reviews

Sat Jan 16, 2010 9:55 pm
Kamas says...

Krissy

I glared at her, her hysterics were the last thing I needed. I clenched her arm tighter.

"If you're sick of the killing, you can go and run. Live a life with your horses, I don't care. Either you leave now, or you tell me what the fuck the problem is." I hissed, my last nerve being pinched. I was on the edge of the same hysterics.

#tnt

93 Reviews

Sat Jan 16, 2010 10:05 pm
MagnusBane says...

Jas

We glared at each other, tension practically shimmering in the air between us. She was holding my arm so tight I was starting to lose the feeling in my fingers, but I didn't care. I didn't care about any of it anymore.

"Tell me," she repeated, her grip tightening.

I took a deep, shuddering breath. "You want to know what my problem is? My problem is that I'm a weak idiot who can't even keep her friends alive, let alone her master. You want the damn throne? Fine, take it. What's it to me anymore? Everyone I trusted is either dead, gone, or turned traitor, and it's all my fault. So sorry to get all hysterical, but I just watched two of the people I cared about most die in front of me, and you don't even give a damn. Now let go of my arm before I get really mad."

180 Reviews

Reviews: 180
Sat Jan 16, 2010 10:07 pm
pudin.junidf says...

Thanks Kamy!!

Daniel
It was almost too disturbing for him to see the once strong Maria laying on a small piece of wood that they called bed. But that's what happened in this world, that's what happened when evil got in the way. He tired not to look at her with sorrow or compassion for he knew she was going to be ok.
As for Grayson, as much as he wanted to, he couldn't just trust him because he was with Maria now. Trust is earned and Daniel's trust was not on Grayson.

" So that was it? You were the reason why she left so many times and stayed in the forest for so many hours." Daniel said to Grayson who was tapping his fingers softly on a small table that was in the room.

" I love her,ok? I've changed, she's the reason I've changed" Grayson answered softly, still not looking at Daniel. Hating them was rooted in his heart, it wasn't easy to accept that now maria was with one of the and he was talking to that person.

"You love her," Daniel repeated very softly, nodding his head slowly. "Is hard to believe in that, but you wouldn't have stayed here all night if you didn't love her"
Those words were hard to get out but after all, he wasn't perfect and yes he did kill some people in the name of justice, so judging was really not his duty.
Les sanglots longs
Des violons
De l'autonne
Blessent mon coeur
D'une langueur
Monotone.

Verlaine

373 Reviews

Sat Jan 16, 2010 10:17 pm
Kamas says...

Krissy

I let go of her arm and shook my head, slumping against the wall.

"I don't think it's fair for any of us to live this kind of life." I said softly. "I just wanted to grow up like any other girl, take over my Pa's bakery. Well now, look at me. I walked in to find every member of my family brutally murdered, even the baby. I lived on the street for years, now I'm a bloody murderer and thief." I stopped shaking my head and my expression was stone cold. "If you think you're the only one who's had it hard. You're wrong, and it's selfish of you to think so. Everyone in my entire life has died because of the man you worked for." I snarled. "Every fucking one of them. Only two have lived long enough to make it too today, and one of the two might be dead right now."

I turned and ran back into the Court, feeling furious as angry tears rolled down my face.
"Stay if you want, but if you think I don't give a damn and I'm inconsiderate of your losses. Get the fuck out." I threw over my shoulder.

#tnt

93 Reviews

Sat Jan 16, 2010 11:23 pm
MagnusBane says...

Jas

"Don't walk away from me!" I yelled, following her back into the court. "This conversation is not over!"

Krissy spun around to face me, her face streaked with tears. "Really? What else is there to say, Jas? Do you want me to give you a hug? Want me to tell you that I think you're a good person and that everything's going to be okay? Sorry, but that's not going to happen."

"I don't need a hug from you, bakery girl," I said.

Her eyes narrowed. "You think you're so great, don't you? Well, I think you're selfish."

"I'm the selfish one here?" I shot back. "I'm not the one guarding a stupid throne when they should be making sure their friend is okay. I'm not the one who killed someone for their own petty revenge."

"The Rogue was a tyrant and a murderer," Krissy said, practically shouting now. "He deserved what he got!"

"He held this damn city together!" I yelled. "And now you think you can just take over? Sorry to break it to you, bitch, but you and your little friends are going to run this city into the ground!"

She froze. "So that's what this is about, isn't it? You think I'll be a bad Rogue? You think I can't handle it?"

373 Reviews

Mon Jan 18, 2010 12:04 am
Kamas says...

Krissy

I froze in spot, Jas' comments stung.

"So that's what this is about, isn't it? You think I'll be a bad Rogue? You think I can't handle it?"I said quietly.

She bit her lips and didn't respond.

"That man, held the city together. Maybe. But how did he? By making the streets run with blood of innocent people and using fear of death as a foundation? He was insane. You knew it, Lorraine knew it, Grayson knew it. Hell, maybe Kayla knew it until she lost it too." I yelled, breathing hard.

"I may not be the tyrant you think can hold this city together. But, I will do all I can to make sure these streets are what I would of loved them to have been when I had to live on them."

I turned my back to her. "My petty revenge was one of hundreds of people experienced too. Consider my actions the ones of all the people he killed and hurt. And I guard the throne for the bloodshed to stop. Now if you want to clean up the bodies, fine but if I displease you so much, I told you. Get out." I whispered.

#tnt

93 Reviews

Mon Jan 18, 2010 4:27 pm
MagnusBane says...

Jas

I clenched my fists as Krissy turned away. Part of me wanted to storm out of the Court, to take out some of my anger on the guards standing outside. Or maybe I could hunt down Kayla and help her get her revenge on these idiots. Or...

No, anger and revenge and bitterness were what had gotten us to this place. I took a deep breath, feeling guilty as I saw that Krissy was shaking. Apologies weren't my strong point, and this was going to be painful.

"Look," I said quietly. I hesitated, unsure of how to continue, and then rushed on before I lost my nerve. "I'm sorry. I'm a bitch, but that's no excuse to yell at you. And... you're right. About the Rogue, I mean. He was insane. And I hate to think that everything I did was for a crazy man who didn't give a damn about me, but that's the truth, and I hate it. And," I smiled bitterly, "since Grayson isn't around, you're a very convenient person to take my anger out on right now. Sorry."

373 Reviews

Tue Jan 19, 2010 11:50 pm
Kamas says...

Krissy

I bit my lip nervously, and nodded at Jas absorbing her comments. An awkward silence developed between us again. I sighed and turned around.

"You don't know me, and what I can do. I'm going to change this Court where no one has to suffer, even the people who work under it's roof. Thank you Jas, for giving me a reason to remain the Rouge I guess, unless Grayson wants it, he killed him too."

#tnt

uwu
— soundofmind