Young Writers Society

What Keeps Us Apart

18 Reviews

Reviews: 18
Sat Aug 08, 2009 7:24 pm
Ellyphant says...

"Whatever," Tori said standing up.
"Where are you going?" Brad asked her.
"Just take Jacob to the movies. If he's going to be a fucking preppy girl, I don't want to be around him," Tori said heading towards the employee doors.

"Um, excuse me. Do you mind putting my order and my girlfriends in a to go box please?" Tori asked the waiter. He did as she asked and handed it to Tori and headed to the table with Brad's and Jacob's order. Lily got up and followed Tori out the door.

"Wow, he was seriously getting on you're nerves," Lily said. Tori nodded. She stuck her thumb out for a cab and one pulled over.

"Hey! Tommy! It's been a while," Tori said. Tommy turned and smiled.
"Yeah! How do you like my new side job? Sweet, huh?" He asked.
"Totally, this is my new girlfriend, Lily. Lily this is an old buddy from work, Tommy," Tori said as Lily crawled in next to Tori.
"Nice to meet you," she said smiling.
"Yepp. So, home?" he asked. Tori nodded. He started driving.
You're more than wonderful
More than amazing
The irreplaceable
Love of my life
You're so incredible
In these arms tonight
The irreplaceable
Love of my life

-Love of My Life, Brian McKnight.

Random avatar

Reviews: 0
Sat Aug 08, 2009 7:37 pm
TopsyTurvyGirl says...

When they got back to the apartment Lily could tell Tori was still a little agitated. They ate in silence and then she couldn't stand it anymore. She cleared the table and pulled Tori to the living room pushing her on the couch.

"You need to cheer up." She said as she sat in Tori's lap and kissed her lips. Tori pushed into the kiss her hand moving back and forth over Lily's waist flittering under the hem of her shirt every now and then. Tori pushed Lily back on the couch so she was laying down as she kissed her. She laid next to Lily as they made out Lily's hands moved over Tori's arms and down her chest before going back up her arms. Tori kissed Lily's neck and sucked on it a little and Lily moaned softly moving her head so more of her neck was exposed. She loved whenever Tori's hand would slip up the back of her shirt and back out teasingly. It felt right, and nice. She gasped as Tori's hand moved over her breast resting ontop of it through the shirt and the bra. Tori moved her hand looking at her.

"Sorry." She whispered. Lily smiled and grabbed her hand moving it back. Tori smiled and pushed into the kiss again as Lily's hands started moving Tori's shirt up as Tori's legs tangled in her own. Lily didn't want to go slow anymore. She pushed into the kiss more her body pressing against Tori's passionatly.

buzzzzz Her pocket started vibrating and she jumped scrambling to grab her phone. Tori sat up and watched as Lily looked at the caller id.

"It's my parents." Lily breathed trying to get her breath back to normal. She opened the phone. "Hello?" She said making her voice sound normal.

"Where are you? We're at the apartment.' It was her mom.

"Hanging out with Tori, I'll be right there." She said hanging up. She glanced in the mirror and fixed her hair making sure she looked normal. "I gotta go.' She said kissing Tori's lips.

"MMmm, do you have to?" Tori asked standing up and wrapping her arms around Lily's waist. Lily nodded.

"I'll see you later though." She said kissing Tori once more before running to the door and to her apartment.

*hehehehe*

18 Reviews

Sat Aug 08, 2009 8:06 pm
Ellyphant says...

Tori fell back on the couch. She really liked Lily. She sat up and turned on the t.v. watching Tom and Jerry cartoons. She smiled at it's corny humor. She got up and walked into the kitchen just as the phone rang. "Hello?" she answered.
"Hi, is this Tori?" a friendly femal evoice asked.
"Yes," she replied.
"Hi, Tori. My name is June Killian. I am from the Manhattan City Adoption Agency. I just wanted to inform you that you're request has been put through and you have been scheduled a meeting with Miss Jupe. She is a pregnant teen who is due in about two months. She wanted someone who met up to your criteria. How does Tuesday morning sound?" the lady asked. Tori was shocked.
"Tuesday sounds great! You just made my day," Tori said smiling.
"Great. I will see you tuesday around ten o'clock. Thank you so much for cooperating, Tori."
"No problem," Tori replied.
"Alright, buh-bye."
"Bye," Tori said hanging up the phone and jumping up and down squealing like a little girl who just got a new collectable barbie. She walked down the hallway into the baby room and switched on the light. She smiled big as she inhaled the scent of the unused room. She turned around and flicked the light off walking into the family room sitting on the couch properly and finishing the thirty minute show of Tom and Jerry.
More than amazing
The irreplaceable
Love of my life
You're so incredible
In these arms tonight
The irreplaceable
Love of my life

Random avatar

Sat Aug 08, 2009 9:00 pm
TopsyTurvyGirl says...

Lily walked in the house and smiled. "Y'all are early." She said sitting at the table with her parents.

"Is that a problem?" Her mom asked.

"No, five minutes later and I'd've been into a movie." She smiled. "But not a problem at all. Just didn't expect y'all back yet." Ara walked over and laid her head on Lily's lap.

"Alright, well stick around here for the rest of the night." Her dad said. She nodded. That meant she'd sit in her room and read. She'd rather be spending time with Tori. SHe sighed and walked to her room laying on the bed and staring at the ceiling as Ara laid her head on her stomach.

18 Reviews

Sat Aug 08, 2009 9:30 pm
Ellyphant says...

Tori got bored so she went to her room and pulled out her box of pictures. She looked through some of her when she was a little girl. She went through some of her in highschool and she came across one of her first boyfriend. She felt tears starting to gather in her eyes. She touched his face and put the picture face down in the box and closed it. She picked it up and put it back in the top of her closet where it belonged. She let loose a few tears and her nose started to run. She walked into the bathroom and blew her nose in some tissue. She walked into her room and layed down and her bed. It wasn't long before she was asleep.
More than amazing
The irreplaceable
Love of my life
You're so incredible
In these arms tonight
The irreplaceable
Love of my life

Random avatar

Sat Aug 08, 2009 9:37 pm
TopsyTurvyGirl says...

**nice twist**

Lily got up and walked out to the kitchen as her mom slipped out.

**Her mom**

Lily's mom stepped outside to get the mail as the man that was talking to her daughter the first day they had moved in.

"Ma'am." He said in a high pitched voice. She shivered, she couldn't stand gay people. "How is your daughter?"

"She's fine." She replied curtly.

"She's been spending alot of time with Tori. Is there something between them?" The guy asked.

"Their friends." SHe replied.

"Oh, I'm sure it's more then that. You see Tori, well she doesn't have any interest in guys." He replied. She straightened up and looked at him.

"What are you implying." She demanded.

"Just saying." He replied shrugging. "I'll see you later." She watched him walk off and she walked back into the apartment.

*Lily*

"Your never seeing Tori again." Her mom annoced when she walked in. Tori turned and looked at her surprised.

"What? Why?" She demanded feeling like her heart was being torn out.

"She's a lesbian and I don't want you around her!" Her mother hissed. "EVER!"

"Who told you that?" Lily demanded.

"That gay guy." Her mother turned and walked off and Lily hurried to her room shutting the door and sitting on her bed tears pushing at her eyes. She fought them off and laid down. Her mom couldn't keep her from Tori, no way no how.

18 Reviews

Sat Aug 08, 2009 9:55 pm
Ellyphant says...

Tori woke up with the sun trying to push through her closed curtains. Sunday. Tori smiled. Two more days until she met the new mommy. She stood up and was about to go tell Lily the news and she stopped. It was Sunday so Lily would be at church. Tori decided to go down to get the mail and she noticed a letter with her name on it laying on the floor in front of the door. Tori picked it up and opened it reading quickly through it. It was from Lily telling Tori what had happend. She must of put it under the door before her mom came out this morning. That really ticked her off. She opened the door and went to Jacobs and banged on it. They were the only three on that floor besides the drug addict who's never really there.

"Open this god damn door!" Tori yelled. It wasn't long before Jacob appeared. "You son of a bitch! Because you got your panties in a not you had to go and ruin what I had with Lily?" He looked at her and smiled.

"Serves you right for embarassing me infront of Brad," he said sassing his hips. Tori cupped her chin and popped her jaw. She pulled back her fist and punched Jacob square in the nose with all of her srength. He fell back on the floor and started rolling holding his nose and moaning.

"And that my queer friend, was your biggest mistake," she said bending down and moving his legs so she could close the door. She locked her door and made her way down the stairs to check her mail. When she got it, she had also recieved a letter from the local magazine, asking for her to be their editor. She smiled hugely. Everything was pretty much working out, but only one thing was wrong, Lily wasn't with her to share the news...and it was possible that she never would be again.
More than amazing
The irreplaceable
Love of my life
You're so incredible
In these arms tonight
The irreplaceable
Love of my life

Random avatar

Sat Aug 08, 2009 10:12 pm
TopsyTurvyGirl says...

Lily sat through the church listening as she tapped her toes. She was mad at her mom and at Jacob. She wanted to beat the crap out of him. When they got back home she walked to her room locking the door and sitting on her bed just staring at the celing.

"Lily come eat." Her mom called.

"I'm not hungry." She yelled back.

"Come now!" Lily came out to the kitchen her arms crossed Ara standing in front of her.

"I'm not talking to you. I need to take Ara for a walk." She said walking to the door and slipping outside Ara following. She hoped to see Tori at her door but she wasn't there and Lily couldn't take the chance that her mom would find out. She saw Jacob talking to Brad and she walked over.

"Hey, Lily." Brad smiled. She ignored him.

"If you are the biggest son of a bitch I don't know who is." She growled at him. She slammed her fist into his jaw. "Go to hell." She turned and stormed off.

18 Reviews

Sat Aug 08, 2009 10:33 pm
Ellyphant says...

Tori was coming back from her interview with the magazine and Lily had walked out of the building just when Tori had stepped out of the cab. She looked up with her tear stained face and walked to Tori giving her the biggest hug. Tori kissed her forehead.

"I punched him in the nose this morning," she said. Lily looked up at him and laughed.
"I just punched him in the jaw," she said smiling really big. Ara trotted to Tori and licked her shoes.
"Oh! I have huge news. I got a call yesterday evening, and I have an interview with a teen soon-to-be mother and I meet up to the criteria she wants the parent of her child to be! And I applied for a job for a magazine a few weeks back and I got the results this morning, and I got it! I'm now the editor of Elite magazine!" she squealed.
More than amazing
The irreplaceable
Love of my life
You're so incredible
In these arms tonight
The irreplaceable
Love of my life

Random avatar

Sat Aug 08, 2009 10:40 pm
TopsyTurvyGirl says...

Lilly grinned. "Thats great. Don't forget to get your Maltese either." Lily laughed.

"Nearly everything is falling into place." Tori smiled. "I can't believe it. I'll not only have a great paying job, but a baby, and a puppy. The baby in about seven months that is."

"Thats great." Lily smiled.

"Where are you going?" Tori asked.

"To the park. Want to come?" Tori nodded and they walked towards the park. When ethey were out of site from the apartment Tori took her hand.

18 Reviews

Sat Aug 08, 2009 11:03 pm
Ellyphant says...

"Want to go get my dog? The center is right there," Tori said. Lily nodded opening the door for her to get through.

"Oh you did come back! I wasn't sure if you were or not. Your little puppy is happy as a clam," said the same girl from last time. Tori smiled wide.

"That's great!" Tori said walking up to the counter and taking out her wallet from her back pocket. "Um, how much is she?" Tori asked kind of yelling because the girl had gone to the back of the store to get the puppy. The cashier girl walked up back to the counter with a kennel and Tori's Maltese in it. Tori noticed that the cashier had a name tag on today. It said Catherine.

"It looks like this one goes out for six hundred and seventy even," Catherina said looking up and smiling. Tori nodded and pulled out six one hundred dollar bills and three twenties and one ten and handed it to Catherine. "Thank you. What do you plan on naming her?" she asked.

"I was thinking maybe Mona," Tori replied smiling. Catherine grinned.
"That's a well thought out name. Have fun," she said handing her the kennel.
"Um, is it alright if I don't take the kennel?" Tori asked.
"Uh, sure. You'll have fifteen dollars left. Would you like to have a matching collar and leash set?" she asked. Tori nodded.
"Yeah, do you have the color green?"
"Of course." Catherine replied reaching under the counter and pulling one out. "It has a lady bug on it, though," she said.
"That'll be fine." Tori answered opening the kennel for the little guy to come out. She was very obedient and she sat as the collar and leash were hooked onto her. Tori smiled wide and put Mona on the floor and thanked Catherine as she turned to Lily with a huge smile on her face.
More than amazing
The irreplaceable
Love of my life
You're so incredible
In these arms tonight
The irreplaceable
Love of my life

Random avatar

Sat Aug 08, 2009 11:17 pm
TopsyTurvyGirl says...

Lily smiled back and followed her outside again. They walked to the park and Lily let ARa off the leash. She sat on a bench and Tori sat next to her.

"So whats the thing from your parents? Whats it mean that they know?" Tori asked.

"I'm under house arrest until further notice." Lily replied running her hands through her hair. "I have to walk Ara though, otherwise I don't know when I"ll be out."

**Sorry, dad needed to me help with something he's gonna send me to town later too. I don't know when later. But we'll see**

18 Reviews

Sat Aug 08, 2009 11:35 pm
Ellyphant says...

"That's bullshit. Someone needs to give them a lesson on how to raise a kid. You can't keep them forever and you can't keep them under your sight. They're being over protective which causes the following," Tori said holding up her hand for emphasis on the numbers. "One, pregnancy at an early age; two, strippers; three, addicts; and finally, freaks with gages all the way down to their boobies and shave off their hair for a mohawk...and we're talking about girls. Boy's it's a whole different story. They should just be supporting you in your decisions. They shouldn't be doing all the crap they are doing. Why go through all that trouble when shes going to be a women someday and she's going to make her own choices? Sorry for the long speech. Just once you move out, I'm going next door and sitting your parents down for a long talk on child raising," Tori said shaking her head. Mona jumped up at every little movement and barked every few seconds. Tori picked her up and Mona licked her face.
More than amazing
The irreplaceable
Love of my life
You're so incredible
In these arms tonight
The irreplaceable
Love of my life

Random avatar

Sat Aug 08, 2009 11:37 pm
TopsyTurvyGirl says...

Lily laughed and nodded. "Ya, well we'll see if I even get to. I'm sure they'll find a way to keep me around." She sighed.

**Gotta run, all I had**

18 Reviews

Mon Aug 10, 2009 6:50 pm
Ellyphant says...

"Uh, they can't do that. It is in written law that once you turn 18 you are a full blown adult and they can't keep you any longer. You can sew them," Tori said looking at Lily with a big grin. Lily started laughing.
More than amazing
The irreplaceable
Love of my life
You're so incredible
In these arms tonight
The irreplaceable
Love of my life

To succeed, you need to find something to hold on to, something to motivate you, something to inspire you.
— Tony Dorsett