z

Young Writers Society

The Red Vine

18 Reviews

Reviews: 18
Wed Aug 05, 2009 12:50 am
Ellyphant says...

I giggled. I walked a little further while he bonded with his new puppy. Harald found this puppy that looked hilarious. But he liked it. I walked. and walked. Until I got far enough when I felt like a piece of metal being drawn to a magnet. I came to the last gate and this beautiful mutt was lying down when he/she noticed that I was standing there. It jumped up and looked at me. I got down on my knees and put my hand in the gate. It sniffed and nibbled. It walked up closer and I realized that it had two different colored eyes. One blue and the other brown. I looked at the sign next to it and this dog was only a pup. I wondered why anyone hadn't gotten...I checked...him yet. I opened the gate and he licked me. I walked all the way back to the clerk. She looked at my dog and gasped.

"How did you get him to like you?" she asked.

"What do you mean?" I asked.

"That dog has never liked anyone who was interested. I'm amazed. Just for getting him to like you...you can have him for free," she said. I smiled.

"Really? Thanks," I said. She shrugged.

"No problem, have fun," I walked outside where Rory and Harald were with their new dogs. Mine sat there happy. I started thinking of a name.
You're more than wonderful
More than amazing
The irreplaceable
Love of my life
You're so incredible
In these arms tonight
The irreplaceable
Love of my life

-Love of My Life, Brian McKnight.

110 Reviews

Reviews: 110
Wed Aug 05, 2009 12:57 am
TNCowgirl says...

Rory looked at the dog and smiled. "IT's a cutie." He smiled at her as his puppy licked his hand.

"What'd you name yours?" She asked looking at him.

"Angel." He replied rubbing her head.

"Mines Twister." Harald smiled. "What about yours?"

"Why that name?" Jar asked.

"Rory said it looked like it's been in a Twister. So thats what I named it." Harald replied with a grin.
"And you wonder why we don't like you!" -Trumpkin
Vist my world and make it bigger!
Want a Readers crit???

18 Reviews

Wed Aug 05, 2009 1:04 am
Ellyphant says...

I laughed. Rory walked over and kissed my cheek.

"I'm not sure. I might name him Envy," I said.

"Why?" Rory and Harald asked at the same time.

"Because he's growled when Rory kissed my cheek which lets me know that he's jealous," I said. Rory turned around and looked at Envy. He kissed my cheek and Envy growled. He kissed my neck and Envy growled. He french kissed me, and it was amazing, and Envy did a very nasty growl. Then Rory grabbed my butt and Envy barked jumping at his hand.

"Yah, he's jealous," Rory replied laughing a little. I turned around and popped Envy on the nose.

"No, bad Envy. You don't growl," I said.
More than amazing
The irreplaceable
Love of my life
You're so incredible
In these arms tonight
The irreplaceable
Love of my life

110 Reviews

Wed Aug 05, 2009 1:12 am
TNCowgirl says...

Rory laughed and picked up Angel grabbing Jar's hand as they walked down the street.

They walked down the street to the park where they let the dogs run and play. Angel stayed close as did Envy, but Twister kept Harald running from one end of the park to the other.

"I think that's the perfect dog for him." Rory laughed smiling at Jar.

"I think we all got dogs that match our personalities." She replied with a smile.

"I think thats a good thing." He replied smiling.

"Probably." She nodded. He kissed her neck and Envy was back growling.

"I don't get him though." He replied looking at the dog.
Want a Readers crit???

18 Reviews

Wed Aug 05, 2009 8:25 pm
Ellyphant says...

I looked at Envy and he started wagging his tail and then stood up, panting.

"Well, there can be a ton of reasons. Maybe his past owner was murdered by her lover and he's mad that he couldn't protect her. Or maybe he thinks I'm his girlfriend. Or maybe...he's just over protective. And just maybe, he didn't get enough attention from his past owner because she was too busy with her lover. There's a million reasons," I said kneeling down to pet Envy. I scruffled his ears and scratched his belly.

Harald came over panting exactly in rythm with Twister. "Maybe Envy's a deamond dog? Dude, this little guy has a ton of energy...I love him," we all started laughing at Harald's comment. I glanced at Envy and he was staring at me. I kneeled and patted his head.

I turned to Harald and Rory and their puppies. "Do you want to go back to my house?" I asked both but specifically wanting Rory's answer. Harald looked at me then at Twister.

"I'll be by later. I'm going to give Twister a nice groom," he said picking Twister up and walking the direction of his house. I looked at Rory.

"That would be nice...but maybe later. New dog means new things," he said. I nodded.

"Alright, I need to go get Envy aquainted with his new home, too, don't I boy?" I said looking at Envy. He started wagging his tail again. I walked over to Rory, took Angel out of his hands and put her down next to Envy, wrapped my arms around his neck and gave him a big kiss. Envy didn't growl at all. I was surprised. "Bye, catch you later," I said. He nodded and picked Angel up and went on his way home. I did the same.

When I got there, something was odd. Mom nor dad was home and I checked my cell phone. It was noon thirty. Envy walked right in and started heading down to the basement (my room) and I smiled. I looked for a doggy bowl all over. Finally I found one in a box with a ton of other doggy things. I grabbed the water bowl and the food bowl and headed down to fill them up. I went to wash the food bowl when I realized that it had this rusty looking stuff in it. It looked like dry liquid. I put some water in it and then it dyed the water red. Blood. Why was there blood in the doggy bowl?
I went back to the box and picked up some toys. At the very bottom there was a journal. I opened it and there were tons of pictures of me in it. Not like perve pictures, drawings. I looked at the back to see if there was a date and there was. They were dated two years before I was born. I went to the pages were there wass some writing. It looked like a note to my mom. But it wasn't. I started reading through and I realized that there were a lot of scenes with mom and dad. All kinds of things. But the main ones that I focused on were the ones about Vampires and Angels. I noticedDeamonds, a shiftshaper named Deadlove, Nick(Shaun's other personality), Master, and a lot of things. Some would think it was amazing and thats why my parents were so strange, because they had a whole bunch of secrets...that's what I thought until I came to my secret that I didn't even know.

I heard the Garage door open. I ran to my room and put the book under my matress. I went to th box and took out all of the dog toys and put the box back. I washed out the food and water dish and put it down for Envy. Then I punced on the couch and pretended that I was texting.
More than amazing
The irreplaceable
Love of my life
You're so incredible
In these arms tonight
The irreplaceable
Love of my life

110 Reviews

Wed Aug 05, 2009 8:57 pm
TNCowgirl says...

Rory tossed the ball to Angel again before his phone buzzed. HE opened it up.

Jar: Boredom! He laughed and quickly replied.

Come play wtih me and Angel, I went back to the park so she could run around for a while. I already got all the supplies I need for her. He texted back.

Maybe. I don't know.

Whats wrong. He replied feeling like something was different.

**Sorry gotta go**
Want a Readers crit???

18 Reviews

Wed Aug 05, 2009 9:20 pm
Ellyphant says...

You wouldn't believe me if I told you. I want to tell you anyway...will you come over here around 3 or 4? Angel and Envy can play in the back yard. I texted back. I bit my fingernails which I only do when I'm totally freaking out. Dad and mom walked in. Dad walked straight over to me and sat down in front of me. Mom did the same.

"It took you two long enough to get out of the garage," I said. He stared at me.

"We were debating whether the dog here was uninvited or not. Then we started debating about what we should do about you snooping around in our room," he said. I opened my mouth and held it there for a minute.

"What? I was getting a freaking bowl for Envy when I found secrets, dad. Secrets that looked like you never intended to tell me! And then what's worse is one of those secrets were mine!" I yelled. Mom tried to speak up.

"Honey, w-"

"No, shut-up, mom. I'm talking to dad," I said. It was weird because I had never sassed anyone in my life. Dad looked at me with this evil look on his face.

"Don't you dare talk to your mother in that tone again," he said in a voice that was deep and didn't sound like him.

I stood up and got in his face. "Or what?" I challenged him. He pushed me back and I fell on the couch and he towered over me. Mom started pulling on his sleeve.

"Nick! Stop it!" She yelled. He looked at her and stopped. I looked at both of them.

"Nick? I thought daddy's name was Shaun. You two have a lot of explaining to do. I can't stand secrets." I said grinding my teeth.
More than amazing
The irreplaceable
Love of my life
You're so incredible
In these arms tonight
The irreplaceable
Love of my life

110 Reviews

Wed Aug 05, 2009 9:58 pm
TNCowgirl says...

"Nick, look at me." Ettabell clung to Nick's arm as he glared at the girl. "Let Shaun back, please."

"Start explaining." Julene growled. Shaun looked at her and frowned. "Who the hell is Nick. And what the hell is going on?"

"Nick is my counter part." Shaun replied rubbing his hands together. "He only comes out when he feels your mother is being threatened, I can't keep him from it. Lets say he's my, dark side."

"Great story for your temper dad." Julene growled. Shaun took a deep breath and ran a hand through his hair.

"Julene, please calm down, you'd really rather talk to your dad and not Nick." Ettabell said softly.

"Nick, aka my dad's temper, is my dad!"

"No, sweet heart, he's not. Same body, totally different mind."

"I'm a vampire, Julene." Shaun said looking at her. "Thats why I've never changed how I look."

"Mom too?" Julene demanded.

"No."

"But she hasn't changed."

"Long, long, long story. Just know we kept this from you to protect you." Shaun replied touching her hand gently. She pulled away.

"Great fairy tale dad." Julene growled.

"It's not a fairy tale." He replied.

"Prove it!"
Want a Readers crit???

18 Reviews

Wed Aug 05, 2009 10:14 pm
Ellyphant says...

He opened his mouth and he had these nasty looking pointy teeth on the top. They were where my canine teeth are. I shuddered.

"You thought that secrets were going to protect me?! You thought that hurting me was going to make your fears go away?! So what am I? You're Vampire...you're human...and what am I as a spawn?" I asked getting teary eyed.

Daddy sighed. "We're not sure yet," he said. I breathed out of my mouth really hard. "But! But, we know that for some reason, Lucifer and Jesus are both after you. We know that you are going to be a weapon for one side. But what side you choose, is beyond us," he finished. I stared at him and one tear started leaving my eye.

"Yeah? Well, I choose the side without you on it," I said in a flat, hoarse whisper. Dad sighed and mom just sat there in silence. I started to head towards my room, but I had another question. "Who's Deadlove?" I asked. Dad went pale.

"Who?"

"Deadlove, dad. Who is he. Don't you dare lie," I said.

"Deadlove was a Shapeshifter who looked after your mother. Sometimes I couldn't tell whose side he was on. He was very strange and very powerful. He died fighting someone who tried to get to your mother. She was a prime target because she was carrying you. Now that you know...I think you should start watching out for yourself more." he said staring at the floor.

"Don't tell me what to do," I said heading down the stairs. When I got down there, Rory was sitting on my bed.
More than amazing
The irreplaceable
Love of my life
You're so incredible
In these arms tonight
The irreplaceable
Love of my life

110 Reviews

Thu Aug 06, 2009 11:30 pm
TNCowgirl says...

Rory had heard all of it. He was surprised they hadn't told her. He was scared too that she would find out what he was and gte mad at him too. He gave her a small smile.

"Want to go for a walk?" He asked. She just nodded and he wrapped his arms around her pulling her close as she cried. "Hey, it's ok." Once she stopped crying he led her outside so she could walk and be away from her parents.

"I can't believe they'd keep something like this from me." She whispered. He knew he couldn't have heard if he was a normal human.

"Like what?"

"Your going to think I'm crazy." She whispered. He chuckled softly.

"It'd take alot to make me think your crazy." He replied as they stopped at a bench and he sat down with her next to him. "Now, whats up?"

"M-M-My dad's a vampire." She whispered hoarsly.

"Alright, whats the problem, he seems to still love you just fine." He replied. She just stared at him.

"I kinda figured he was." Rory shrugged. "I know vampires, angels, demons, and all that exist. I've run into my share of vampires and when I saw him I had the feeling, but I figured you knew and that it might be a touchy topic, so I didn't say anything."
Want a Readers crit???

18 Reviews

Fri Aug 07, 2009 1:30 am
Ellyphant says...

"It's the secret keeping, Rory. You don't understand how much it hurts me. I thought that I was living a happy normal life with a happy normal family. But I wasn't," I said still crying a little. He looked at me strangely and kept his silence.

**Sorry so short!*
More than amazing
The irreplaceable
Love of my life
You're so incredible
In these arms tonight
The irreplaceable
Love of my life

110 Reviews

Fri Aug 07, 2009 2:17 am
TNCowgirl says...

Rory clenched his teeth. "Maybe they thought it was for the best, that maybe you wouldn't take it very well, or if you knew someone else could find out and they would get rid of them and you wouldnt' have them around anymore."

"STill, they should've trusted me!" She cried.

"Just cause they didn't tell you doesn't mean they didn't trust you. It means they felt, whether they were right or wrong, that keeping it from you would protect you. Or that keeping it from you, you wouldn't look at them different or hate them." He replied stroking her cheek. "Sometimes people keeps secrets cause they think it's for the best. Either for the person their keeping it from, or for their own safety."
Want a Readers crit???

18 Reviews

Fri Aug 07, 2009 3:47 pm
Ellyphant says...

"Safety isn't a virtue when you love someone," I said. He was still stroking my cheek. I smiled and leaned in closer. Then, I stopped. I got up and sat in his lap face foward. I pulled on his collar and gave him a kiss. I went to let go, but he pulled me back. After about ten minutes, we released. I swallowed. "Wow," I said. He looked at me and smiled really big.

"That was awesome. Thanks," he said still smiling a toothy grin. I giggled.

"Yupp...so...what do you wanna do now? Ooh! I want to see your house," I said. I waited for his answer while his thumbs were rubbing my thighs.
More than amazing
The irreplaceable
Love of my life
You're so incredible
In these arms tonight
The irreplaceable
Love of my life

110 Reviews

Fri Aug 07, 2009 4:38 pm
TNCowgirl says...

Rory shrugged. "Alright, but it's nothing great." He replied standing up after she got off his lap. He wrapped his arm around her waist as they walked towards his house. He knew he needed to tell her who, well what, he was, but he wasn't sure he was supposed to and he didn't want her to hate him.

"Whats wrong?" SHe asked looking at him.

"Can you promise me something?" he asked stopping and looking at her.

"What?" She asked.

"Well..." He took a deep breath, "I have a secret, that if I was to tell I can't promise you'd ever see me again, I don't know. So I can't tell it to you, but if you ever find it out, don't hate me, please."

*oy*
Want a Readers crit???

18 Reviews

Fri Aug 07, 2009 4:46 pm
Ellyphant says...

I stopped walking. "Are you a criminal? A rapist? Or something of the mythological sort that no one knows is realistic?" I asked. He shook his head lightly.

"Not the first two," he said. I nodded.

"Okay, well then I can work with that," I said. I started walking again and we came up to a nice cute little house. He put me in front of him and kissed my neck before opening the door. Surprisingly, it was very well-kept. A gentle faced man greeted us a the door.
More than amazing
The irreplaceable
Love of my life
You're so incredible
In these arms tonight
The irreplaceable
Love of my life

There's a Brazilian things you could write about. You just gotta pick Juan.
— Hattable