z

Young Writers Society

ThE wOrLd oF wEirD

95 Reviews

Reviews: 95
Thu Jul 23, 2009 6:49 pm
ZaddieCaso says...

Okay, you are a character. It can be from a book or a film or just made up, anything. Be different, be unique or utterly stereotypical. The possibilities are endless; magical creatures, soap opera stars, anything as long as long as you keep to the rules:

-No sex scenes
-No swearing
-No killing anyone else's characters
-You can have a maximum of two characters

Okay, In the world of weird someone has stolen the Subtle Knife. For any of you that have not read Philip Pullman's books, the subtle knife is a knife that cuts into other worlds and creates gateways into them allowing anything through. So every character has a world and all there worlds have been cut into by the Subtle Knife. You character walks through one of these gateways and into the World of Weird, they cannot get out.

It is a quest to find the subtle knife and return home. The world of weird can be anything, floating buildings, no gravity, use your imagination.

Your first post should be your character profile (make one up) and how they ended up in the world of weird, what they saw when they got there...ect. You can interact with characters on your first post, It doesn't matter.

Have fun!

Izzy
Everything has been figured out, except how to live.

Jean-Paul Sartre

95 Reviews

Reviews: 95
Thu Jul 23, 2009 7:05 pm
ZaddieCaso says...

So mine is-

Name: Larry Potter
Personality: He's extremley noble and brave, he will do anything and everything for a good cause but... he's incredibly clumsy and his plans... well don't always go to plan.
World: A mock up world of Harry Potter
Appperence: Untidy black hair, green eyes and black fashion glasses, a heart scar on his cheek.

Larry Potter

Larry Potter blinked, confused. The streets of diagonal alley seemed to have disappeared, now replaced by an endless view of pink. He stood on some sort of hill, only it wasn't a hill. It let out a loud groan beneath him and shifted, Larry's glasses fell to the the squishy pink floor. He dropped down immediately and fished them up with his hand. He caught a sent of the ground, it smelled sweet, like sugar or the old fashioned sweets from Diagonal Alley. He tocuhed it lightly, bringing a finger to his lips.
"Merlin's Beard!" he gasped "It's candy floss"

okay, just a start.
Everything has been figured out, except how to live.

Jean-Paul Sartre

106 Reviews

Reviews: 106
Thu Jul 23, 2009 10:58 pm
Flux says...

I may join. Reserving Twilight. (hates the book)
"Man is least himself when he talks in his own person.

Give him a mask and he will tell you the truth."

-- Oscar Wilde

141 Reviews

Reviews: 141
Tue Aug 25, 2009 5:47 pm
Firestalker says...

Am i disturbing the apparent Dead or is it okay to try to resurrect this storybook out of interest?
--
Who is not Insane one man ask, the answer being a fool.
Are you Insane the same man asks, - "Oh yes!. The Mad Hatter being saner!"

9 Reviews

Reviews: 9
Thu Aug 27, 2009 8:16 am
arya says...

hey, if this keeps going, I wanna join!

141 Reviews

Reviews: 141
Thu Aug 27, 2009 4:27 pm
Firestalker says...

I'm in too.
--
Who is not Insane one man ask, the answer being a fool.
Are you Insane the same man asks, - "Oh yes!. The Mad Hatter being saner!"

5 Reviews

Reviews: 5
Mon Jan 11, 2010 6:13 am
thajaro says...

Why do all the interesting storybooks have to be dead?? Enough of this. BUMP

Name: Prince Stephan of Emslan
Appearance: Almost flawless slightly tanned skin, creamy blondish hair that is short but swept back. Blue-green eyes.
Personality: Not arrogant (I hate that stereotype). He is quiet and very smart from all the books he reads. He loves swimming and horseback riding, but is also very good at chess and other things that require strategic thinking.
Home world: Dragoona, a world much like Earth in the 17th and 18th centuries. Magic exists but is a rare gift.
Other info: His mother is Queen Elibazeth of Emslan. His father (deceased) was King Ardun. Emslan is a major city on the coast.

One day, while Stephan strolled leisurely through the castle library, Emslan was hit by an earthquake. As he took cover beneath a table, the bookcase became giant dominoes as they collided with one another in the chaos. Stephan was terrified. After the quake was over, one bookcase was blocking the door, but another one was leaning up against a smashed window. Quickly Stephan climbed up the bookcase and crawled through the window.
Beyond the window was a courtyard he had never seen before. Stephan opened the only door, and went through. By now he could tell that he was not in Emslan anymore. Before him stretched a landscape the likes of which he had never dreamed could exist. The land was made of candy. On his left were lowlands, fields where lollipops grew like flowers and candy canes grew like wheat. As his gaze traveled right, he saw the plains growing into soft, rolling hills of candy floss, and ending in a a frozen popsicle forest on an ice-bound mountain.
Stephan, bewildered and stunned by the events of the past few minutes, turned to reenter the courtyard and try to get back into the library. The door, and the courtyard, were gone.
Now his mind was freaking out. Suddenly, one of the pink hills of candy floss sank inward, and Stephan could see a dark pinprick in the depression, a person.
Without thinking, Stephan began sprinting into the Land of Just Desserts.

That's probably a bit much to post on an apparently dead thread, but there it is.
Imagination is the one weapon in the war against reality.
-Jules de Gaultier
Humans have not always been the superior race to walk this Earth...
-The Sidhe prince Delbáeth

42 Reviews

Reviews: 42
Tue Mar 02, 2010 9:58 pm
Kaywiia says...

Name: Cëcalina Amatris (pronounced see-sa-lee-na) Nickname- Cëla (see-la)

Physical Appearance:

-Picture:
Spoiler! :

Style of Dress: A dress, nothing long, just something like in the picture.

Personality: She is a very clever girl, but also is sweet. She is a bit of a dare-devil and not afraid to take a risk. She is brillant when it comes to semi-evil plans and could make you a scale model of a building with all its romms by only walking through the building once.

-Weaknesses and Flaws: She doesn't trust many people.

-Likes/Interests: She loves to sing and play gutiar.

Skills: She read peoples minds.

-Dislikes: Dogs, and stupid people.

History: She was born to a rich family in Italy in the year 2035. She was raised her whole life just to be a model and seriously abused her power to win competiotions. Her mother was very happy, though, with what she did.

Pets: She has a golden hawk she always had flying near her. The hawk is actually her brother in hawk form. He changes back to human at night, though he can change any time he wants.

Other: She can only read your mind if she wants to, it is not like she always hears what people are thinking.
Love is beautiful, but what would love be without life?

42 Reviews

Reviews: 42
Tue Mar 02, 2010 10:05 pm
Kaywiia says...

Cëla

I get ready to go onto the stage. I take a deep breath and prepare myself to walk the runway. I listen to Shelby's mind.

...hope I win, couldn't stand it if I didn't. But Cëla loks so good tonight, I am not sure if I have a chance. That dress is so pretty I...

I stopped listening and take my first step onstage. Then there is a flash of white light and I am standing on a empty runway. I look around. All the signs are in French. I had never been to france, but spoke the language along with five others: German, Italian, English, Spanish and Latin.

This was beyond creepy. I listen in for a minute to seee if I hear any voices. Nothing. this was offically wierd, too wierd.

Then the stage collapese and I am falling. Eventually I land in something vanilla scented. A giant cupcake. I resist the urge to taste it. Too many calories. I listen again and hear two minds. That would be good if I wasn't sitting on a giant cupcake.
Love is beautiful, but what would love be without life?

Percy fell face-first into his pizza.
— Rick Riordan, The Mark of Athena