z

Young Writers Society

A world where no girls are born

146 Reviews

Reviews: 146
Mon Mar 09, 2009 12:24 am
SeleneForeverDream says...

Daniel

I had been on my way to Health class in the Hospital Wing when I had heard the commotion. A girl older than I heard it too and followed me. We were both shocked when we saw the boy fall on the floor with a sickening crack to his head. A nurse came running up behind us, very distressed over the matter.

"Oh dear." she said worriedly, hurrying over to help the boy up. He seemed to be a bit older than me, tall with dark hair. The boy was a sickly pale color, which explained his occupancy in the hospital wing and the nurse who had looked to be tailing him down the hallway.

"Need some help?" I offered. It seems he didn't need it, for moments after the fall he simply got up and was brushing himself off.

"No, I'm fine." he said. The girl came over by the nurse's side and helped her open a bottle she was having difficulty with. When they finally unscrewed its lid, the nurse poured its contents onto a spoon.

"Would you like me to give it to him?" she asked the nurse. She shrugged.

"Sure, if you think you'll have better luck than I've had with him." the nurse said. The boy just stood there wide-eyed as he looked at the nurse and the girl. The girl was smiling as she turned to the boy.

"Open wide."

*Sorry I know that sounds like cough medicine, but it was the first thing that came to mind.*
Got YWS?

You judge others upon their actions, but you judge yourself by your intention.

35 Reviews

Reviews: 35
Mon Mar 09, 2009 1:33 am
phantom_blackfire_wings says...

Ash

I wandered through the hallways, not caring if I got some weird looks. All that mattered was finding that room. Notebooks and half-blank musical sheets were tucked safely under my arm along with my trusty mechanical pencil.

Every time I passed a door, I'd look at the name of it, then pass on if it wasn't what I was looking for. Which was almost all of them.

Then, finally, I came to it. The room was dark except for the cloudy sunlight that came in through the large windows. At the front and a little to the left of the room was a grand piano. Without a seconds hesitation, I slipped in the abandoned room and headed for the piano.

I set down my stuff beside the piano bench and looked at the slightly dusty keys. Hopefully, this baby was in tune. After a few moments of silnence, I hit the middle C. It was in tune. Then I lightly put my hands on the keys and started to play.

Sure, I was supposed to be heading to class but, I didn't give a rip about what they thought.

~~
Here's the DT:

topic44918.html
"What are you doing?"
"I've got paint and rollers...water sking"~The Philanthropist

Don't push the Red Button

123 Reviews

Reviews: 123
Tue Mar 10, 2009 2:04 am
kittykat says...

*S'okay, Selene! That's what I was kinda going for*

[Rous Marthent]

"Open wide,"

A smile twitched at my lips, and the words fell out, "Okay, but just because you're cute," I laughed at myself, coughing and almost choking when a spoon was shoved into my mouth.

My back fell against the wall again, the disgusting fake-cherry taste sewing itself into my mouth. I knew the even more horrible after taste would be coming in right after. I leaned my head back a little bit and took a few deep breaths before eyeing the people around me again.

"That stuff should be banned!" I shuddered at the flavor again. "Either that, or get it in pill form so I won't be tortured with the 'cherry' in it."

The nurse grabbed the spoon and bottle, almost smiling, "Well, it makes you feel better so I think I'll just over look this little dislike, Rous."

She chuckled a bit and walked off. I took a step and wobbled until I finally got my balance---if you call looking a bit drunk balance. My head was pounding and my tastebuds were still writhering in the tiny left over cherriness. I looked around. Were they expecting me to say something? Out of the corner of my eye I caught the sight of the girl I had called cute.

Finally, I said, "What?"
Our happiness here is all vain glory,
This false world is but transitory,
The flesh is weak, the Fiend is slee
Timor mortis conturbat me.
--William Dunbar

34 Reviews

Reviews: 34
Wed Mar 11, 2009 12:40 pm
Light_Devil says...

Ballow

I could see the film of tears that she held back, even though she wasn't looking at me. Actually she was steadily avoiding my gaze and I cleared my throat adjusted my glasses and sank back further against the stone.

Still not looking at me she shimmied away and annoyed I rubbed at my forehead. Her antics were giving me a slight headache. I could tell she wanted to say something, blurt something out, but she was holding herself back.

I wondered over her last statements, Not all of us can choose. What did that mean? . . . Surely not that she was forced to be a girl? Wasn't it a human right to choose which gender you wanted?

My pondering suddenly shooted to an epiphany and I mentally slapped my forehead. The reason of her sudden sadness was because I had broached on a memory best forgotten. As I thought about what could've possibly happened to her my own memories flooded my mind.

"Not 1st? What the hell is wrong with you? Why can't you be more like Karter Likor? He's always the top in maths!" Mum shouted, spittle flying from her mouth.

I stared at her blankly, not allowing the feeling of self-loathing to show on my face. Not allowing the feeling of disgust for myself and my under-achievements to be seen and let her win.

My reply, "I'm always second, Mum. What's so wrong with that?"

"Second?! What's wrong with it?" she threw the coffee mug she had been sipping at the wall. It shattered into a array of dazzling pieces before clumping back onto the floor.

Her voice had risen shrill and it irritated my ears. I thought about walking away, but then I gave her one last go, to try to make her accept me the way I was, I emotionlessly asked, "Mum, I'll never be Karter Likor in Maths. Or Jesse Hilm in English or even Cameron Fera in Science, but I am Ballow Linx the son who tries his hardest. Can't you see that?"

Her gaze rested on me for a second, as cold as Medusa's before she turned someone into stone. Then she collapsed onto the floor in a fit of sobs, "You'll never be good enough!"

That was when I turned sharply on my foot and walked away. No anger showed, I managed to conceal it.

When I blinked out of my reminiscing I noticed that McKenzie was staring at me, eyes wide and her mouth slightly open in shock. That's when I realised as something slid down my cheek; wet, sleek and salty that I was crying.

I wiped it away angrily and rubbed at my eyes, lifting my glasses to do so. After taking a deep breath I coughed to clear my throat, "No."

McKenzie recoiled a bit as if startled about what I was saying. I tilted my head at her, my face still blank even though I could feel tears cascading down, "Nah, I don't have any classes today."
"Eat, Drink, Play"- National Pub Poker League
Haikus are easy
But sometimes they don't make sense
Refrigerator
You wanna go to sleep? Click this --> http://qinni.deviantart.com/art/Timeles ... -102881379

41 Reviews

Reviews: 41
Wed Mar 11, 2009 7:16 pm
Telina says...

McKenzie

I was thrown back, I had expected Ballow to say yes, to say yes and get up and leave, maybe even run. Even if it wasn’t true, any excuse to get away from me. Instead, he was breaking down beside me, or with me, I should say.

I snapped my mouth shut, and instinctively I changed my seating position and knelt down in front of him, leaving my books behind. Keeping his head in my direction, he didn't move. If he was embarrasses or ashamed for crying in front of a stranger, he didn’t show it.

I lingered before his face, slightly afraid that he would reject my touch. He closed his brilliant blue eyes and didn’t move, he probably thinks I’m insane.
Gently I put one hand on his cheek, brushing away the tears that were still descending. I felt a need to protect him, to comfort him. For goodness sakes, I don’t even know him!

He surprised me when he leaned into my touch. I surprised myself when I began to indulge in the contact, his soft skin and strong jaw line. My other free hand grabbed for his face. I drew his head up so I could look at him.

I’d never wanted to see a pair of eyes so desperately. Was he reading my mind? Cautiously he opened his eyes and for a second it looked like he was afraid that I might run away. Silly me, of course that's not really what that look meant.

“Well, if you don’t have class and I’m not attending class,” I pulled back one of my hands, while leaving the other tenderly in the crevice of his neck and jaw, “what shall we do?”

34 Reviews

Wed Mar 11, 2009 9:37 pm
Light_Devil says...

Ballow

Her reaction to me wasn't what I expected. I had expected her to leave me, not comfort me. Not caress my cheek. Suddenly my tears stopped, the last dripping off and thudding to the floor.

Here I was making a total embarrassment of myself crying in front of such a pretty girl! I pondered her question as the tears dried on my face. What should we do?

Me, someone who had never skipped school was now wagging with a girl. This wasn't even if my dreams. She waited expectantly for my reply. Her hand was warm against my neck as she stared patiently into my eyes.

"Movie."

McKenzie slightly started and the warmness of her hand retreated for a second. I felt the loss of it as if it were one of my own limbs. Panic gripped me though I made sure not to show it. No, I could never show my true emotions. The sudden cold hollow spot in my stomach that her hand had made as if left thrummed.

Then as she smiled and it returned, a calmness entered me. As if her hand was the only thing keeping me sane. I wondered how just barely knowing this girl she had already become the anchor to the real world.

I had never needed one. Though I had always remained not around or like the others, I had always stayed close to reality. I knew the truth but. I was cracking. Through one of the cracks a tendril of hard wrist thick emotion had latched onto McKenzie.

I tilted my head further into her hand, "Let's go watch a movie."

It was strange how dry and raw my voice felt, and it cracked as I spoke, but McKenzie wasn't looking at me like I was weird. No, she was looking at my face as if startled.

I realised I was smiling.
Haikus are easy
Refrigerator
You wanna go to sleep? Click this --> http://qinni.deviantart.com/art/Timeles ... -102881379

41 Reviews

Thu Mar 12, 2009 6:36 am
Telina says...

McKenzie

I chuckled, a happy feeling filling my body as Ballow stood up, turning back to help me up as well.
What a gentleman, I thought. Then I panicked, I was going to movie with a boy, an outrageously, mind-boggling, gorgeous man that I just saw cry. I stopped as he started toward the parking lot.
Was this really happening, or was some greater-being playing a trick on me?

34 Reviews

Thu Mar 12, 2009 12:59 pm
Light_Devil says...

Ballow

She seemed to hesitate and it made me worry. I made sure not show it on my face. Didn't she want to go with me? Was she trying to think of a nice way to reject the movie invite?

I turned to face her, the smile on my face slipping off, "Look if you don't want to go, we won't go. I just wanted to . . get away from school for the day. If you have any other ideas, shoot"

I watched her trying to gauge her reactions. My glasses fogged up a little bit and I decided then and there that I really hated them. Slipping them off I placed them into my bag and pulled out my contacts case. Twisting open the container I slid one out and plopped into my eye and then the other.

I then looked back at McKenzie waiting for her answer. She seemed to be lost in though about something.
Haikus are easy
Refrigerator

41 Reviews

Thu Mar 12, 2009 10:05 pm
Telina says...

McKenzie

Ballow’s glasses gave him the sophisticated, smart look - which on him, was attractive. Once he took his glasses off, his blue eyes became even more striking, contrasting with his dark coloured hair.

“No, that’s not it. I want to go,” I blushed, “my car is this way,” I pointed in the direction my silver car was parked.

“BALLOW!” A man’s voice called, running up behind us.

*Somebody can join in now, if more than one person wants to jump in though I can change my post and edit anybody in. Remember McKenzie is a new girl and the only person she has met so far is Ballow.*

5 Reviews

Reviews: 5
Mon Mar 30, 2009 2:17 pm
ATreeah says...

i think u spelt scientist wrong u spelt it ->
scienctise
ATreeah was here

34 Reviews

Mon Mar 30, 2009 2:24 pm
Light_Devil says...

*Uhhh, is this completely dead? And ATreeah that was so completely random . . .*
Haikus are easy
Refrigerator

35 Reviews

Reviews: 35
Mon Mar 30, 2009 7:40 pm
phantom_blackfire_wings says...

*preforms CPR*

Ash--

I wandered through the halls, not caring that I was supposed to be in class. The piano had been out of tune and I'd winced everytime I struck a note. Looking out a window, I saw that Ballow and some girl had gone into the parking lot and had gotten caught. Dude, first day?

Deciding I was in the mood for something to actually happen, I found a door nearby and opened it. Hopefully they would see it and come in because I knew every nook and cranney inside of this school and could hide them easily.
"What are you doing?"
"I've got paint and rollers...water sking"~The Philanthropist

Don't push the Red Button

565 Reviews

Reviews: 565
Wed Mar 10, 2010 6:44 pm
Stori says...

Avari:

Ok,this was rare. You just didn't see romance like that
often these days.

It made me jealous in the extreme. What to do?

I heard a man's voice shout, "Ballow!" and made a rush for it.
Grabbing hold of the girl's arm, I started to pull her away.

"Hey!" she protested. "Are you a pervert or something?"

"No," I hissed in her ear. "Just trying to save you from
a possible pervert."

She kicked me... hard. I crumpled and let her go. Wow.

They were all staring at me now: Ballow, McKenzie, the teacher.
Frustrated tears sprang to my eyes. No. What was a little skinned knee?

"Av-ari?" Ballow said it in two syllables: "A-very." My real name.

"I'm sorry. So sorry." Drat these stupid tears.

98 Reviews

Reviews: 98
Sat Mar 13, 2010 11:19 pm
curiousvampire says...

Can I join? This really look interesting and fun. I mean come on who does not thing this is interesting. I hope anyone doesn't mind that I'm coming into the story.
Name:Taryn Vincent Valentines aka Ryn
Appearance:
17121.jpg
17121.jpg (29.89 KiB) Viewed 44 times

Personality:funny ,soft hearted cries easily and is very romantic likes to matchmake
History:Hailing from Russia Taryn Valentines is an only child and heir to the Valentines Cooperation. He desperately wants to be a girl and tends to wear girl clothes, many people mistakes him as one.For years his father has abused Taryn for his way of life and ships him off the to a school in Europe. Though he looks fourteen he is actually sixteen.
Other: He has a flair for acting. I mean come on people he tricks people into thinking he's a girl.Loves to draw.
"I became insane,with long intervals of horrible insanity."

"Their ideology is that human nature is fundamentally evil.In other words, humans are evil from the day they are born."

"Human is beatiful. Perfect is boring."

“It doesn’t matter what you are, it only matters what you do. It’s your choice.”
— Sam Winchester