z

Young Writers Society

Fairies vs. Elves

123 Reviews

Reviews: 123
Fri Jul 11, 2008 4:48 pm
kittykat says...

[Aro Gensitine]

"Your right, it is starting to smell funny here." I nodded my head thoughtfully.

The raven squawked again, Maybe it's a spell, should we go back?

"No, I'm bored over there, plus I see someone."

But the fairies will get you if they find out your with the elves!

"Yes, but I'm a fairy and they don't know that so why not?"

The raven stopped talking and flew to my other shoulder, clearly mad that I was right. It was funny how birds always got so sensitive. I paced out of the shadow of the forest and into a brighter, sunnier meadow. The flowers smelled too sweet and made my nose wrinkle in distaste. I kicked at them as I made my way towards the middle where a girl lay. Hair strewn in all directions, she had clearly fallen.

Leave her, she's under a spell, said the raven.

I bent down and put one arm under her knees and the other behind her back. "She looks harmless enough," But if the bird was right, I couldn't stay here that much longer.

Even though I wasn't effected at first, the flowers would soon get to me and I could let that happen. I set the girl down near the stump of a tree, awhile away from the meadow and sat on an opposite tree, waiting for her to wake up.
Our happiness here is all vain glory,
This false world is but transitory,
The flesh is weak, the Fiend is slee
Timor mortis conturbat me.
--William Dunbar

41 Reviews

Reviews: 41
Fri Jul 11, 2008 6:10 pm
Layleun says...

[[Legend]]

The sound of the forest reverberated in Legend's ears as the birds stopped singing and the forest was quietened. Her mare, Sunstone, nickered and drew her ears back, nervously eying the trees. Legend reached down to pet the flaxen Clydesdale's withers, keeping her eyes ahead.

"What is it, girl?" Legend asked quietly, knowing she'd get no answer.

A starling flit through the trees quietly. Legend whipped around, agitatedly pulling Sunstone's reins with her. The pack horse Drum lifted his ears, watching Legend curiously. Puzzled, Legend dismounted and sternly told the mare to stay. Sunstone snorted and turned her head forward. Movement sounded through the forest again as Legend made her way through the fallen leaves to her gelding. Drum lowered his enormous head as Legend reached up to touch his jaw. She moved her hand down his length until it rested on his haunch.

"You don't see anything. But..." She craned her had to look at Sunstone, her ears still back and body ridged, "She does."

Crack

The geldings body stiffened under her hand. Drum's ears went back and his head went down. Now he sensed what ever had bothered Sunstone. No sound came from Legend's boots this time as she quickly skipped back to Sunstone and mounted. She clicked twice and Sunstone walked. The rope between her and Drum grew taught and moved the pack horse as well.

Legend raised her left hand and extended it. A translucent lavender barrier as thrown around Legend and her horses. She let her hand fall back down, only to grasp at the reins.

A figure ran through the woods, carrying yet another figure in its arms. Legend narrowed her eyes and nudged Sunstone into a faster trot. She kept far enough behind the runner but close enough that she could inspect him. A raven perched precariously on his shoulder, squawking something to the man. He slowed to a brisk walk. Turning his head about, he found a suitable place to set his captive. He leaned what Legend identified as a girl against a worn stump. The raven cawed loudly, spotting Legend who came into sight.

The man looked up, his black hair falling across his face. His eyes appraised Legend and her horses.

"Friend or foe?" he used the common phrase for the time.

"Friend by the looks of it." Legend responded, turning Sunstone around so she faced the man.

The man looked between Legend and his captive warily ad Legend pulled on Drums rope. The gelding stubbornly pulled back, causing Legend to fall from her saddle. Legend curled up and took the impact in her ribs. Quickly she brushed off the pain and stood. Drum lowered his head apologetically and walked to her. Her hand brushed his mane lightly and she took his reins.

Finally Legend realized the man was laughing heartily, a sharp grin spread across his face. Legend scowled. "Like that hasn't happened to you before."

The man covered his mouth for a moment and gathered himself. "Actually, I haven't."

Legend ran her hand through her hair and blushed. "Well, we'll have to get you to fall off a horse sometime. It's a good experience for one to have."

The man grinned. "I believe I'll pass."

Legend let the now transparent barrier fall. She took another step and pushed up her long sleeve. "Legend Delmount." Her hand was held out.

The man took it in his own and shook. "Aro Gensitine."

"Now, who is this." Legend asked curiously, peering around the fairy at the girl on the stump.

Reviews: 3
Fri Jul 11, 2008 8:20 pm
Rabid_Writer says...

**Will someone bring Peyton in? She'll be with her winged lion...**

28 Reviews

Reviews: 28
Sat Jul 12, 2008 2:57 pm
.:Echelon:. says...

can someone bring in my people please.
Every rose has it's thorn..
Just like every night has it's dawn.

I've matured a lot and I realised it was time to come back.. for good!

28 Reviews

Sat Jul 12, 2008 9:35 pm
helpless42 says...

NAME: Evelyn, Evi for short. (pronounced e-vee)
RACE:pixie
FAIRIES/ELVES: elves
POWERS:she can teleport short distances. (about fifty miles max) create illusions and has control over darkness. (she uses it like fire, but it causes disease and suffering to whatever it touches) she can also heal, but rarely uses this power.
PERSONALITY:sarcastic, smart, and mischievous; shes the kind that most avoid. shes a fantastic fighter and is ready for war. she hates the fairies because pixies and fairies are often mixed up. (fairies being good, pixies mostly evil) she likes to kick butt and play tricks. shes mostly harmless, but once in a while she can cause serious damage.
BACKGROUND: was born and left to fend for herself. she was raised by Fairies until she was ten; that's when her evil nature started kicking in. so she left the family and went out to cause trouble. she holds a respect for fairies, but not a very high one. she learned fighting for from the elves and they didn't try to make her follow the rules, so she likes them more than the Fairies.

here's what she looks like:
http://amuria.deviantart.com/art/dark-angel-56118231

28 Reviews

Sat Jul 12, 2008 10:10 pm
helpless42 says...

i pinched the elves ear hard and pulled down. she screamed in pain and drew her sword. "show your self pixie! i will Slater you!" i giggled in an evil high pitched way. i loved my laugh, so cute and devilish at the same time. i flew over and pinched her other ear. she screamed in frustration. she missed me by half an inch with her sword. i giggled again and flew as fast as i could from there. i was adventurous, not stupid. i flitted around looking for a fairy to bother. they were fun because their good nature wouldn't let them get too mad, but inside they wanted to rip the wings from my back. it was like watching a one man war. very fun. i flew around and spotted one perched on a stone wall. i recognised her as someone really important; Selene, princess or something. i landed nest to her and then flipped and sat next to her. i bowed. "hey." i said, then flipped and sat next to her. "whats up?"

118 Reviews

Reviews: 118
Sat Jul 12, 2008 10:32 pm
myfreindsavamp says...

Savior sneezed as she came to her senses. She was nauseated but the feeling soon passed. She looked up to see trees in her path of the beautiful sky. She sat up, rubbing her eyes. "Nice to see sleeping beauty awake." She heard. She pulled her hand away to see two people standing. She looked around. She wasn't in the flowers anymore. They were so beautiful but they nearly put her to sleep for good. She looked up again.

"Your hand?" The boy asked. He looked maybe one year older than her and the one beside him, the girl looked like like one of her kind. She took his hand and he helped her up. This boy's eyes were red. Very interesting. She looked into his eyes, not realizing she was staring. "Have a problem?" He asked, going in to defence mode.

"No. Your eyes. They're so... defining. Beautiful," She said to him. "Oh. Pardon me, My names Savior Dari," She introduced her self with a curtsy. Their animals jerked at the name I had given. "Please. I am not on my father's side. Forgive me for frightening your animals." She bowed with respect.

*I haven't been on the computer for a bit...*
Last edited by myfreindsavamp on Sat Jul 12, 2008 10:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.
We've all been broken in some way. It's just how we express it that makes us dffrent form eachother.

“This precious book of love, this unbound lover,
To beautify him only lacks a cover.”
~William Shakespeare, The Tragedy of Romeo and Juliet

1176 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 1176
Sat Jul 12, 2008 10:36 pm
Twit says...

**Helpless, please use proper grammer and punctuation in your posts. This writing, remember! :) **
"TV makes sense. It has logic, structure, rules, and likeable leading men. In life, we have this."

#TNT

123 Reviews

Reviews: 123
Sun Jul 13, 2008 7:32 am
kittykat says...

[Aro Gensitine]

Beautiful? Defining! squawked the raven, fluttering his wings briefly.

I looked over to the bird with a blank expression. I didn't know how to react to this, to a... a complement about my eyes. They had always gotten me cast out of social events-- especially parties. I almost loathed having them with me, like they were a curse. But now...

"Th-thank you?" the words sounded unfamiliar and alien. "I'm Aro Gensitine, it's a pleasure to meet you." my pale face turned slightly pink, I could feel the warmth rise.

Legend broke the awkward silence by introducing herself. This girl, Savior, she was the first to ever say that. The strange feeling was still lingering around me, shock. Complete and utter surprise to those words.

My eyes are the same color, why didn't I [/i] get a complement?[/i] the raven flew to my other shoulder, and then back. This is an outrage!

"It's okay," I rubbed the side of his neck with my pinky to calm him down, and then smiled. "I bet she likes your eyes, too."

Savior turned to me suddenly and asked, "Are you talking to that bird? Can you understand it?"

"Yes, its just jealous that you didn't say anything about his eyes." the raven squawked again and pulled at one of my hairs. "Ow! Well she asked, you don't have to get all sensitive on me."

Savior giggled. "I think your eyes are nice, too, crow."

The raven flew off of my shoulder and circled Savior, shrieking in protest, before flying back. "It's not a crow," I explained, petting the bird's neck again. "It's a raven and they're very sensitive about that sort of thing."

The bird turned its beak to Legend like it was waiting for something. "Er, yes, your eyes are very nice." she said quickly, figuring out what it wanted.

I touched my nose with the raven's beak and smiled. He's going to get such a big head, I thought, pulling my face away. Just then, I noticed it had probably been about fifteen minutes. A whole fifteen minutes that I hadn't scared them away, and they were even girls! They were usually the first to run, but here I was. Here they were. I couldn't believe it, me, in a group of three not including the animals who were usually right after the girls. Unless they were a creature usually associated with something dark, like the ravens and the crows. Anything more shocking like this and I might as well just faint right here and now.
Our happiness here is all vain glory,
This false world is but transitory,
The flesh is weak, the Fiend is slee
Timor mortis conturbat me.
--William Dunbar

41 Reviews

Reviews: 41
Sun Jul 13, 2008 1:40 pm
Layleun says...

((Legend))

Sunstone nickered, her nostrils flared and her head held high. This brought a scowl upon Legends face. "Don't you dare even give Drum an idea. Better yet, you yourself better not even go near the thought."

Savior looked curiously at Legend while Aro looked a bit faint. Legend grinned sheepishly at Savior. "She was just going to make a comment about her own eyes." Legend laughed and jerked her head towards Drum. "He would've followed."

"They can talk too?" Confusion.

Legend shook her head. "Not really. I sort of know what they're saying. Not the exact words but the gist."

(Dang. Shower. Sorry I couldn't post more *throws socks*)

97 Reviews

Reviews: 97
Sun Jul 13, 2008 10:23 pm
summergrl13 says...

Selene

I had wandered out into the meadow just outside the courts when a pixie flitted over to me. Bowing she said, "What's up?"

I was a bit shocked at not being called something elegant and fussy like, 'Your Highness' or 'Your Majesty', but then again, it was nice to see someone that wasn't uptight and nervous around me.

I sat beside her and sighed. "Oh, nothing for once. It really is peaceful over here, away from the fighting. In fact, over here, it feels like there is no upcoming war. It's nice."

I turned to her and said, "Well, my name's Selene, and I'm the Princess as you probably know. What's yours?"

"Evelyn, but I prefer Evi," she replied, smiling.
I will review for you! PM about it if you need one!

Come check out my new story at topic53543.html

118 Reviews

Sun Jul 13, 2008 10:34 pm
View Likes
myfreindsavamp says...

Savior gave a hum of aproval. She actually felt fine around these two. She was slightly surprised they hadn't gotten on her case about actually bing out here in the woods. After all she was royalty abd she hated it.

*I have no idea what else to post...* :?
We've all been broken in some way. It's just how we express it that makes us dffrent form eachother.

Reviews: 3
Mon Jul 14, 2008 7:39 pm
Rabid_Writer says...

::Peyton::

Peyton watched the conversation from below her, listening to everything that was said as her tail twitched in anticipation. Tyre, her winged lion, hovered high in the sky, trying to remain unseen, as was Peyton. She was in fact, in squirrel form. Anyone would have recognized her by now if they had looked up, due to her fur being white instead of a normal squirrel's brown. She turned her mouth into a smirk as the black raven flew right past her in when he circled Princess Savior. What is she doing out here? Peyton thought, knowing that the king wouldn't be happy with this. Once they were all quiet Peyton jumped down from the tree she was in, landing right in the middle of them all. She looked up at the all as they looked down at her. "Roar... I'm a killer squirrel," she said simply, waiting to hear their response. If she was lucky, even Savior wouldn't know who she was.

118 Reviews

Mon Jul 14, 2008 7:44 pm
myfreindsavamp says...

Savior:

"Why are you- Wait. Peyton?" She asked as she looked down at the sill little squirrel. So white. So cute. So Peyton.

28 Reviews

Mon Jul 14, 2008 7:56 pm
.:Echelon:. says...

*i'm so lost!!!!!!!!!!*
Every rose has it's thorn..
Just like every night has it's dawn.

I've matured a lot and I realised it was time to come back.. for good!

Lots of times you have to pretend to join a parade in which you're not really interested in order to get where you're going.
— Christopher Darlington Morley