z

Young Writers Society

Guardians of Time

116 Reviews

Reviews: 116
Mon Feb 04, 2008 6:55 am
Maybe says...

This storybook is based off the Guardians of Time Trilogy by Marianne Curley. Since I'm almost done with them, i thought I'd make a storybook.

Basically, you'll be running around as either a person from The Guardians of Time (The Guard) or The Order of Chaos (The Order). The Guard protects the past, present, and future by traveling back in time and making sure history happens exactly as it was supposed to. The Order are out to so the opposite, driven by their Goddess, Lathenia Goddess of Chaos, to serve her will and make her ruler of the world. It is modern time. Normal people with no powers have no idea either of these groups exist.

Now, each person, whether one of the Guard or the Order, has unique powers. Some may have the power of healing, the ability to create illusions, the ability to talk to animals, etc. Each person can have up to three different powers.

In the Guard, there are three different ranks: Apprentice, Trainer, and Master. In the Order, it is more or less the same. No one on one side knows who anyone on the other side is, and very few know the true identity of those on their own side. When they go to the past, their name and appearance changes except for their eyes.

The story takes place in Angel Falls, Australia along with anywhere in History you wish to go, The Citadel, The Underworld, and Athens 200 B.C.. Athens because this is where the Tribunal (Nine of the most powerful of The Guard, including the immortal Lorain, brother to Lathenia) reside. This is the safest spot and The Order cannot come there. The Citadel is a more of an in-between world. You go here to get ‘outfitted’ so that you can travel to the past. Here you get everything from weapons and clothing to the right language and accents. The Underworld, as the name suggests, is where the Goddess, Lathenia resides most of the time. She rules this icy cold realm where darkness is everywhere (literally). It is only possible to enter or exit the Underworld by use of an Immortal, opening a rift to allow mortals to pass to and from.

Also, if you die in the past or in the Underworld, your soul enters a middle-realm where it will wander until it is able to cross over into the light. If is possible to retrieve lost souls, but in order for them to hear you and turn, their name has to be called by their soul-mate. And, to travel back in time you have to be asleep and each day that passes in the past is equivalent to one minute earth time.

Surprisingly, I gave very little away about the actual books. At least nothing really important and nothing you wouldn’t have learned in the first chapter. But, if you want more information, go here: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Guardians_of_Time_Trilogy

Alright, I think that just about covers most of the basics. Now, for the rules.

-No God-Modding. (Yes, there are immortals in here but they will not actually be played by any of us. And don’t make your character’s powers so powerful that they are invincible.)
-No killing off other characters without their permission
-Two characters MAX
-You must include a profile
-Your profile must be approved by me
-Keep it PG-13, please.
-Don’t use any of the actual characters before running it past me, please
Be the cartoon heart. Light a fire, light a spark. Light a fire, flame in my heart. We'll run wild, we'll be glowing in the dark.

2631 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 2631
Mon Feb 04, 2008 12:25 pm
Rydia says...

Wow, this sounds like an excellent idea, Maybe! Here's a profile, let me know if I need to change anything -

Name= Litvia

Age= 18.

Side= The Order. (The Order of Chaos? Seriously, does anyone else find that the most ironic title ever?)

Rank= Apprentice but is almost ready to be promoted.
Usual appearance= Petite frame, pale skin, silvery blonde hair, blue-grey eyes.

Personality= Strong willed, mischevious, very enthusiastic about messing with the past.

History= Litvia grew up with her father and older brother, Caecus, in one of the poorest districts. Her memories of her mother are vague and it wasn't until the age of nine that Caecus informed her of how their father, in a drunken rage, had come home and smashed a bottle over their mother's head and beat her to death. Since then he has recovered from his alcohol abuse but Caecus has never been able to forgive him. Litvia wishes she was never told because until then, she loved him and he has always been a good father to her but she can't be comfortable around him. Caecus and her father do not know of her involvement with the order which she joined at the age of eleven.

Other= Litvia secretly hopes that one day she will be able to alter her past.

Powers=

1. Manipulating people's hearts? Sort of like the power of attraction and seduction.
2. Control of the weather.
3. Regeneration.
Last edited by Rydia on Wed Feb 06, 2008 12:03 am, edited 4 times in total.
Writing Gooder

~Previously KittyKatSparklesExplosion15~

The light shines brightest in the darkest places.

694 Reviews

Reviews: 694
Mon Feb 04, 2008 12:38 pm
Via says...

I'm in!

Name: Delainey (female)
Side: The Order.
Appearance: 5'6"ish, 115lbs ish, long straight blonde/white blonde hair, has chinese symbol for 'chaos' tattooed on her neck--tells people it means 'fate'.
Personality: 'by the book', but goes outside of it when needed. Hard on her charges, but befriends them easily. Doesn't really want to be Master, comfortable where she is.
History: Delainey is rather secretive about her past, she isn't big on showing it. But, a select few may win their way into knowing of it! The only thing anyone knows about her currently is that she entered the order years younger than most do, but no one knows why.
Powers: telekinesis, transmographication (err, shape shifting), and....um....levitation/flying I suppose!

Let me know if I need to change anything!
Last edited by Via on Mon Feb 04, 2008 6:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.
My Literary and Arts Blog

"I think I'd miss you even if we'd never met." -The Wedding Date

116 Reviews

Mon Feb 04, 2008 2:44 pm
Maybe says...

Sounds good Kitty and Via. Your powers are fine!

Here are my people. I'll be one from each side.

Name: Aaron

Group: The Guard

Appearance: Dirty blond hair that reaches to his jaw line and bright green eyes. He has a slim but graceful build. He is tall, lanky, and has soft facial features. His usual clothes include a simple gray shirt, a dark red hoodie, a pair of dark blue jeans, and black converse.

Personality: Independent, caring, gentle, responsible, considerate, reasonable, and intelligent. He has a great sense of humor and is fiercely loyal to his friends. He is protective, but not overprotective, and uses logic to back up his reasons. He takes the time to step back and consider the situation and then figures out the best course of action. If faced with a sudden decision, he will go with what HE feels is right. He is not easy to take advantage of and thinks before he speaks or acts.

Power(s): Wings (The ability to teleport anywhere at will), the ability to amplify or silence any sound, and the ability to see through lies and illusions.

Status/Rank: Master

History: He was born and grew up in Angel Falls with his brother, Ian. He was introduced to The Guard when he was seven, which is abnormally early. His powers began to show early and he was taken in by one of the more experienced trainers. Now he is a master and held in high regard. His home life is calm, and his mother and father and brother have no idea that he’s part of the Guard or that he has special powers.

Other: His brother, Ian, is part of the Order, though he doesn’t know it. He’s also up for grabs

--------

Name: Ian

Group: The Order

Appearance: Black hair that reaches his shoulders and cold blue eyes. He is tall and has a muscular but slim build. His facial features are sharp and precise. His clothes usually include dark blue jeans, a dark red shirt, a black hoodie, and dark red/black converse.

Personality: Cunning, intelligent, witty, stubborn and independent. He has a fast mind and a fast wit and is able to squeeze his way out of many tight situations. He is good at talking and willing people over using words. Like his brother, he can step back and observe a situation before acting, but he is more impatient and prone to reckless decisions.

Power(s): Has the ability to create illusions and to move objects.

Status/Rank: Trainer

History: He was taken into The Order when he was twelve and has become skilled at using his powers. He is high up in Lathenia’s ranks, close to becoming a master. He grew up in Angel Falls and knows almost everyone in the town. His home life is calm and his mother, father and brother have no idea he’s part of the Order or that he has powers.

Other: His brother, Aaron, is part of the Guard, though he doesn’t know it. He is also up for grabs.
Be the cartoon heart. Light a fire, light a spark. Light a fire, flame in my heart. We'll run wild, we'll be glowing in the dark.

2631 Reviews

Supporter

Mon Feb 04, 2008 6:42 pm
Rydia says...

I edited my profile a little to include history and such, is there any chance I can make Litvia a little younger? About eighteen perhaps so her history fits better and I'd really like to have her fall in love with Aaron.
Writing Gooder

694 Reviews

Mon Feb 04, 2008 6:45 pm
Via says...

Haha heather you took the words right out of my mouth!

I think I'm going to drop Lainey's age too, and possible have her go with Ian...since you stoll aaron haha.

116 Reviews

Mon Feb 04, 2008 8:39 pm
Maybe says...

Sure, you can drop your ages a bit.

I'll start this off tonight or tomorrow once we have more people.

-Mays

66 Reviews

Reviews: 66
Mon Feb 04, 2008 11:50 pm
sylverdawn says...

name- Kaoli
age- 17
gender- female
group- the guard

appearance- silver hair, cerulean blue eyes but they have a gold star burst around the pupil. Tanned skin, 5,3 in height. Has a symbol shaped birthmark on the back of her hand.

personality- stubborn, reckless and competitive. Extremely loyal to her friends. A short temper and slightly naive, sarcastic and a smart ass. Likes to fight/party/gamble. Is a bit of an adrenaline junkie.

power(s)- 1) manipulation of wind
2) has a pair of vibrant, glowing red wings
3) can bond/talk with animals

status/rank- apprentice (but that's later, at first she still hasn't realized she has powers)

history- her family was killed in an 'accident' caused when the Order changed history. Kaoli doesn't know it, but her powers are the only reason she's alive. Lives with her uncle in an apartment building, works part time at an animal shelter.

other- already has a pilot's license, her uncle runs a flight tourist business. Her sister Lexi, who is constantly in the hospital, is a member of the Order. They just moved to Angel Falls.
DANCE- Like no-one is watching
LOVE- Like you've never been hurt
SING- Like no-one is listening
LIVE- Like it's heaven on earth.

Please read and review my novel. The title is Fireborn. Here's the link.

novel.php?id=1157

63 Reviews

Reviews: 63
Tue Feb 05, 2008 3:05 am
LunaBuna43 says...

Name- Lunatheris Threch (Luna!!)

Age- 17

Gender- Female

Group- The Guard

Appearance- Brown hair with blonde highlights, 5'10 in height, Cyan Eyes with a large speck of green and the iris is heart shaped, Usual clothes are; A pair of patched, baggy, light blue jeans, a light green cloth thing tied around her waist, a light girl shirt, fishnet gloves, light green scarf, and a cross necklace...or for a easier understanding look at this pic;

http://s251.photobucket.com/albums/gg31 ... t=Punk.jpg

Eyes: http://s1m0n.deviantart.com/art/Her-Eye ... e-12762407

Personality- Outgoing, Loyal, Angered-easily, Humorous

Power(s)-

1) Animal Speak
2) Shapeshifting (This does include transforming into animals with wings.)
3) Illusion Making

Status/Rank- Master

History- Her mom left her at birth...she has lived in Angle Falls since she was born. At age nine she was introduced to the Guard. She lives with her dad, Ryther Threch.

Other- She plans to go back to the past and figure out why her mom left...a large cat that follows her everywhere except school...nobody knows she is part of the Guard...
Last edited by LunaBuna43 on Wed Feb 06, 2008 2:32 am, edited 2 times in total.
"When other girls wanted to be Ballerinas, I kind of wanted to be a Vampire." ~Me
My first puppers Pikapet
My second puppers Pikapet
Check out my new group! Roleplayers Unite!

34 Reviews

Reviews: 34
Tue Feb 05, 2008 6:19 am
Light_Devil says...

Name: Tim Jones Leigh

Group: Order, was once in The Guard, but reckons their evil.

Apperance: Dark brown hair that curls around his head. Blue sparkling eyes and olive skin. 178 cms tall. Wears anything that looks good and isn't dirty . . . much.

Personality: ALWAYS cheerful, even when people are extreme idiots.

Powers,

1- Can make things levitate.
2- Can tamper with peoples decisions
3-Can change bodiy parts to other living things.

(hope its alright!)
"Eat, Drink, Play"- National Pub Poker League
Haikus are easy
But sometimes they don't make sense
Refrigerator
You wanna go to sleep? Click this --> http://qinni.deviantart.com/art/Timeles ... -102881379

83 Reviews

Reviews: 83
Tue Feb 05, 2008 2:42 pm
*singerofthenight* says...

ok i guess ill give it a try....

name: sequoyah

side: the guard

personality: mostly likes to keep to herself. likes to talk with animals and with plants. shy.

usual appearance: small frame. green eyes with yellow and blue sparks. long brown hair that goes to about her waist.

history: sequoayh doesnt know who her biological family is. she was adopted at birth. never really fit in with anyone, so she decided to join the guard.

Powers: ability to talk to animals, ability to control plants, ability to become invisible.
"Hello, is this thing on?"

110 Reviews

Reviews: 110
Tue Feb 05, 2008 4:05 pm
TNCowgirl says...

Name= Storm

Age= 20

Side= The Guard

Rank= Trainer

Usual appearance= http://c2lan.deviantart.com/art/Wolf-s- ... a-49017959 (Yes, that wolf follows him everywhere, but it can fade into a tattoo on his arm and not be seen. )

Eyes: http://arcadiax.deviantart.com/art/The- ... e-31541955

Personality= Protective, isn't afraid to fight. He sticks to a task, and doesn't want to get close to people afraid something will happen to them.

History= He has no past, his mind was taken over by a witch for a while and she eraised all of his memory. He hasn't been able to gain any of it sense, so he thinks he used to be in the Order at one point.

Other= Up for falling in love.

Powers=

1. He can control fire and water, and also shoot them from his hands.
2. He can talk to Animals
3. Shift Shape into birds of prey or wolves.

Hows this???????????
"And you wonder why we don't like you!" -Trumpkin
Vist my world and make it bigger!
Want a Readers crit???

116 Reviews

Tue Feb 05, 2008 4:19 pm
Maybe says...

All profiles are approved thus far.

Another rule i forgot to add in: Please don't overly control other peoples characters. If their profiles say they're dark and bitter, don't come out and have them happy and chipper.
----------------------------

Aaron-

I groaned and rolled over, covering my head with a pillow as the annoying beeping of the alarm clock grew louder. It continued to warn me that i was going to be late to school until i silenced it with a thought. I sighed in relief and began to sink back into sleep.

The peace only lasted a few blissful moments before i heard the door open and shut again and the shuffling of feet on the soft carpet. I groaned again quietly.

Moments later something jumped on my back. Hard. I spun around, my fists clenching.

Ian laughed and stepped back before my fist could come into contact with his stomach. "Come on, get up. School starts in a half an hour." he warned.

I moaned and climbed out of bed slowly, dragging on my clothes. I shoved my books in my backpack, grabbed an apple from the bowl next to the sink, and ran out the door to join my brother.

"You look terrible." Ian commented smugly.

I snorted. "Wonder why."

2631 Reviews

Supporter

Wed Feb 06, 2008 12:18 am
Rydia says...

Litvia pushed open the window and leaned out, closing her eyes to bask in the cool rain.

"It's raining again?" Caecus asked, pulling a face as he entered the room. "There's no chance I'm going anywhere in this weather." Litvia turned to face him, hiding a smug smile.

"Oh come on, it's just a little rain and you know we need the money if we're ever going to move out and get our own place," Litvia protested.

"As lovely as that sounds, I'm not..." Caecus paused mid sentence as the rain abruptly dispersed to reveal a clear sky.

"Oh look, no more rain," Litvia remarked. "Time for work." She pulled her brother from the room and in the direction of the school where they both had jobs as cleaners. The pay was low and the work terrible but it was better than nothing.
Writing Gooder

694 Reviews

Wed Feb 06, 2008 2:04 am
Via says...

Delainey sighed as her alarm went off and she slowly reached a hand over to turn it off. She had been awake for some time now, just starring at the ceiling. She had had the weirdest dreams all night. Boats, bombs, her family, run and dying..they were so weird. She couldn't get back to sleep once she woke up, but now it was time to get up and face the world.

She yawned and rolled up, throwing her long blonde strands into a loose tie on her head and pulling on some loose pajama bottoms. Lainey made her way out to the kitchen of her apartment which she rented on her own and grabbed the juice from the fridge, pouring herself a glass. She leaned against the countertop as she slowly sipped the orange taste against her lips. Across the way was her sliding balcony door where she could clearly see the raining falling outside. Great, another rainy day she thought.

huh. didn't realize santa was a batman fan-
— Mageheart