z

Young Writers Society

Survival of the Extinct

135 Reviews

Reviews: 135
Wed Jan 30, 2008 1:28 am
cat4prowl says...

We've all seen wolf rpgs and horse rpgs where you become an animal. Well, last night I watched Jurassic Park and thought of something... why not have a dinosaur rpg?

The storyline is basically everyday life for our prehistoric friends(or not so friends) which means surviving. Choose whether you want to be a carnivore or a herbivore(or both, you can have up to three characters), band together or fly it solo(not wise if you're a herbivore).

In order to make things a little more exciting, we are pretty intelligent. You know, like rpgs where the animals think and scheme and figure things out. We can also talk to each other.

Currently, the biggest problem for all the dinosaurs is that life is thriving. The herbivores are healthy and multiplying like mad... which means the carnivores are too. This threatens everyone: the herbivores have a more likely chance of getting eaten, the carnivores have a lot more competition. Eat or be eaten...

Rules:
-no god modding (ex: t-rex who always gets his prey or never comes off bad in a fight)
- keep swearing to a minimum
- try to keep the bloody gory death scenes at a tolerable level
- no graphic breeding(aka dino sex scenes)
- post character profile before joining
- no killing someone else's dino w/o their consent
- have fun and be creative about it, we will be making our own conflicts as we go along
- please go to the Survival of the Extinct DT to discuss anything
Form:
Name: (use w/e u find dinosaur-y)

Species: (tyrannosaurus rex, velociraptor, brachiosaurus... u can use any dinosaur from any period of time u like)

Appearance: (pics would help here)

Personality:

Background:

and wa-la! here's my character(i may create another later on)
---------------------------------------------------------------------
Name: high shriek, short rolling growl, click, click or Laughing Death

Species: Velociraptor

Age: uhhh i dont really know relative dino ages so she's just young :wink:

Appearance: (see bottom of page)

Personality: curious, adventurous, energetic, bloodthirsty, likes a good hunt, likes to play with her food before eating(or sometimes killing it)

Background: was born into a big pack during a low time in survival history, learned to hunt at a young age, runs with about three others when hunting
Attachments
Velociraptor.jpg
Velociraptor.jpg (16.88 KiB) Viewed 179 times

164 Reviews

Reviews: 164
Wed Jan 30, 2008 3:13 am
AyumiGosu17 says...

Name: Rampage

Species: Spinosaurus

Appearance: http://us.movies1.yimg.com/movies.yahoo ... saurus.jpg

Personality: calm and usually keeps to herself, mysterious, merciful (let's add some unusual figures! XD), and prefers to take out the sickly, old, or feeble dinos to eat

Background: learned to hunt at a young age, and is known for her quick temper and peculiar hobby of protecting whatever herbivores pass through her territory
"Neglect not the gift that is in thee, which was given thee by prophecy, with the laying on of the hands of the presbytery." Timothy 4:14 KJV

63 Reviews

Reviews: 63
Wed Jan 30, 2008 3:39 am
LunaBuna43 says...

Name: Taku

Species: Megalosaurus

Appearance: http://www.kyoht.com/archive/images/Megalosaurus.jpg

Personality: Angered Easily, Quick-Witted, Vicious, Unwilling to help a meat-eater.

Background: When she was born there was nobody around, no sisters, brothers, or parents. She learned from an old apatosaurus that raptors were evil things. Although she was a raptor she grew up believing she was a herbivore. She has gained the trust of Rampage and help her protect the other herbivores.
Last edited by LunaBuna43 on Thu Jan 31, 2008 2:26 am, edited 1 time in total.

63 Reviews

Thu Jan 31, 2008 12:12 am
LunaBuna43 says...

(Hold on I need to think, sorry.)
Last edited by LunaBuna43 on Thu Jan 31, 2008 12:32 am, edited 2 times in total.

135 Reviews

Thu Jan 31, 2008 12:12 am
cat4prowl says...

alright lets go!! new people feel free to jump right in
[Laughing Death]

Laughing Death clicks her killing claw impatiently, the thick fringe of green is all that separates her from a herd of Apatosauruses. The scent is clouding her thoughts, she turns to her hunting party and utters a small clicking whine. She wants to attack. One snorts to say, if you must. The muscles under her skin ripple in anticipation, tensing for the kill.

She darts from the underbrush, intentionally startling the herd into a stampede. The pack concentrates on a small sickly one, easily running it down. Her partners aid her as they surround it and then launch forward. Laughing Death goes for the throat and rips a large chunk of meat off. The Apatosaurus stumbles and then falls.

They feast, hungrily ripping off large bites and growling when the other gets too close. It is a victory worthy of such a long wait. The large Apatosaurus is quite a prize. They have hunted well today, lucky for once.

Laughing Death stops her meal and lifts her head up alertly. Far off in the distance, she hears a roar. They have company.

164 Reviews

Thu Jan 31, 2008 2:17 am
AyumiGosu17 says...

Rampage

The stampede. The clicking and calling. The blood.

All of them the perfect signs.

Raptors.

I roared, tearing away from the shelter of my trees, charging forward. Not on my land, they won't!

I burst from the brush with enough force to loosen two trees' roots, and there they were. The raptors feasting on one of the apatosaurus I'd been watching. It had been sickly, so it wasn't so bad a loss...but still. They had trespassed and killed on my territory.
"Neglect not the gift that is in thee, which was given thee by prophecy, with the laying on of the hands of the presbytery." Timothy 4:14 KJV

63 Reviews

Thu Jan 31, 2008 2:36 am
LunaBuna43 says...

(ok got it!)

Taku followed close behind Rampage. The hebivores meant just as much the her that they did to Taku. Taku ran through the path Rampage had created. Then, she saw it, a small apatosaurus was lying lifeless at the feet of a group of raptors, covered in its own blood. Taku roared angrily and charged at the closest raptor. She bit into its neck, tearing a chuck of flesh out and killing it instantly. A growl rippled through her teeth as if to say, 'Get out unless you want to be next.'

135 Reviews

Thu Jan 31, 2008 3:49 am
cat4prowl says...

[Laughing Death]

No way. Not happening. Laughing Death growled at the Megalosaurus, this was her kill fair and square. She showed her sharp teeth and clicked her killing claw, knowing that she had a chance if it came to a fight, which it usually wouldn't in times when life was thriving because there were plenty more to eat. And if the Spinosaurus came around, neither of them could catch her. She snatched a defiant bite of the Apatosaurus and let its blood trickle down her chin.

Laughing Death had heard of this Spinosaurus, Rampage. She was overprotective of her territory. But there were so many carnivores now that territories meant next to nothing. Overpopulation. They were just plain crowded.

And then she replied to the megalosaurus' threat. she snarled, 'Make me'.

164 Reviews

Thu Jan 31, 2008 3:58 am
AyumiGosu17 says...

Rampage

I stepped out from the shadows, behind the raptors.

If you hurry and go, I'll have no reason to attack. I snarled, arching my back in my aggression.

Hopefully they would do as asked and we would avoid a fight...

135 Reviews

Thu Jan 31, 2008 4:00 am
cat4prowl says...

[Laughing Death]

She couldn't believe it, these two were totally out of their minds. Anger mounting, she shrieked, 'You have no reason to attack either way!'

63 Reviews

Thu Jan 31, 2008 10:56 pm
LunaBuna43 says...

We have all the reason to attack. Taku shrieked as she dug her claw into the dead raptors stomach. The velociraptor snarled angrily.

Get out! She roared ferociously.

135 Reviews

Fri Feb 01, 2008 12:00 am
cat4prowl says...

[Laughing Death]

Laughing Death was getting more and more worked up, she snarled viciously and added a slight trill at the end to ask, 'Oh yeah? What's your reason? I have to eat too!'

She could feel the adrenaline rising in her throat, making her leg muscles twitch. She wanted to sink her teeth into the Megalosaurus's jugular, feel the blood run down her face. They were really being ridiculous, it was just one sickly Apatosaurus for crying out loud! Didn't they realize, as did most of the world then, that territories meant next to nothing!? There was just too many dinosaurs for them to be practical about it anymore.

63 Reviews

Fri Feb 01, 2008 1:07 am
LunaBuna43 says...

Taku growled angrily, lowering her head. She rummbled a growl deep in her throat as if to say, 'This is your last warning to go!' She studied the raptors with challeging eyes.

135 Reviews

Fri Feb 01, 2008 1:48 am
cat4prowl says...

[Laughing Death]

Laughing Death screeched and clicked her killing claw, accepting the challenge. She was eager for a fight, but as a last resort to not fighting, she asked why they were attacking her.

She didn't expect a rational answer.

135 Reviews

Sun Feb 03, 2008 1:43 am
cat4prowl says...

Ok I told you i was gonna make another charrie so here he is:
Name: One Who Knows

Species: Apatosaurus

Appearance: http://psychosaurus.com/dino/images/apatosaurus.jpg

Personality: very wise, but cynical because of it, cautious but gets angry by ignorance, snooty

Background: born and raised in a thriving herd, was consider a leader at one time, has had some close calls with carnivores and only slightly trusts Rampage.

[One Who Knows]

One Who Knows had seen the raptors, had seen his herd running, and had seen when they took a sickly runt. He had seen too much of it to be bitter, it was just the way of life. He had also seen the megalosaurus kill the raptor and had seen him and Rampage advancing on the other one. He had heard their bickering, and it irked him.

Carnivores.

They were so ridiculous about the stupidest things. As far as he was concerned, the raptor caught it fairly but he knew how protective Rampage was of his herd. He didn't understand either though. Why wouldn't the raptor take off running when he saw his body die? Why wouldn't Rampage and the megalosaurus let the raptors take one apatosaurus that they didn't need. He figured it had a lot to do with fight or flight and pride. He didn't understand the mind of a carnivore. Ridiculous creatures.

At any rate, he figured he would intervene. He knew Rampage would not let anyone eat him because he was a vital part of the herd. Arching his neck, he lumbered towards them. The sight of the raptor with blood dribbling down its chin unnerved him as well as the aggressive body language of all involved but he bugled out a low question anyways, 'What's going on here?'

Monster is a relative term. To a canary, a cat is a monster. We're just used to being the cat.
— Henry Wu, "Jurassic World"