z

Young Writers Society

Clash of the Races

Random avatar

Reviews: 56
Sun Jan 20, 2008 2:55 am
thunder_dude7 says...

Greetings to all who love fantasy! If you fit that description, this RP is for you! Here's what's going on:

The world is divided between three races: Dwarfs, who live in caves, elves, who live in the forest, and humans, who live in cities. Humans use the magic arts and swords to battle. Dwarfs use large axes and hammers. Elves use bows spears. The three leaders have all for some reason suddenly gone to battle each other. With the armies fighting each other, a small group goes to quell the feisty leaders.

All the characters already know each other, though whether they like or dislike anybody is up to you.

Form:

Name:
Race:(Human, Dwarf, Elf)
Weapon:(Human: Sword, magic(fire, thunder, wind) Elf: Bow, Spear Dwarf: Axe, Hammer)
Other:(Anything else you want us to know)

My character:

Name:Xaviar Ghiac
Race: Elf
Weapon: Bow
Other: Dad serves in the army, mother stays at home. When food began to run low, he set out to stop the war with his friends.

110 Reviews

Reviews: 110
Sun Jan 20, 2008 3:21 am
TNCowgirl says...

Name: Velena
Weapon: Bow This is one of her bows, ignore the girl:

This is another (her back up, it is kept in a case on her back with all her arrows:

Picture:

Other: She has two older brothers in the war and her father was killed in it. Her mother died giving birth to her and she has been rasied by her brothers ever sense. Is up to falling in love, wants to quell the fighting. She can also control nature, but if she does it too much it wears her out.
Last edited by TNCowgirl on Sun Jan 20, 2008 6:04 pm, edited 4 times in total.
"And you wonder why we don't like you!" -Trumpkin
Vist my world and make it bigger!
Want a Readers crit???

164 Reviews

Reviews: 164
Sun Jan 20, 2008 3:31 am
AyumiGosu17 says...

Question: can elves have magic related to nature? Can we have two characters?

Name: Karana
Race:Elf
Weapon: Recurve Bow and hands (lol)
Other: Is the only person in her family. Everyone else has either died, turned traitor, or gone off to war. She is quiet and calm most of the time, but she has a quick temper and a strong punch.

Name: Ianeil (goes by Ian)
Weapon: Long Bow, spear, and hands
Other: Is Karana's older brother. He supposedly "turned traitor," but is in secret trying to quell the fighting from within the armies themselves. He is very outgoing, sarcastic, and playful, but a damn good fighter.
"Neglect not the gift that is in thee, which was given thee by prophecy, with the laying on of the hands of the presbytery." Timothy 4:14 KJV

110 Reviews

Sun Jan 20, 2008 3:40 am
TNCowgirl says...

** I agree about the majic with nature, if so I'm gonna add some to mine. **
Want a Readers crit???

114 Reviews

Reviews: 114
Sun Jan 20, 2008 3:47 am
RoryLegend says...

Name: Layne (pronounced like Lane) Wess
Race: Human
Weapon: magic (can change her appearance)
Appearance(normally): tall, muscular, pale complextion, dark hair, green eyes.
Other: was orphaned at the age of 2 and taken in by an elf family. She has to change her appearance often because of secret meetings with her new found brother, Warren. He plans to "bring her over to the human side." The reason she doesn't want to be on his side is because she doesn't want to betray the only family she has. But she also wants to get close to her brother, and see the type of life she missed out on. She travels into the cities with her brother a lot, who is in close contact with the leader of the humans, and has to keep it a secret from her adoptive elf family.
All you need is 20 seconds of insane courage, and I promise you something great will come of it.

-Benjamin Mee

Random avatar

Sun Jan 20, 2008 2:27 pm
thunder_dude7 says...

The elf magic seems fine, you can do that. I would also prefer that you not post links to pics, because these dumb parental controls are blocking them.

110 Reviews

Sun Jan 20, 2008 6:31 pm
TNCowgirl says...

Alright, I fixed it, sorry if the pictures are really big, I can't change them. But it is changed, when can we start!!!!!!
Want a Readers crit???

Random avatar

Sun Jan 20, 2008 8:47 pm
thunder_dude7 says...

That's good, thanks. AyumiGosu, you can have two characters. Let's begin.

((I'm doing this in third person, but you may do otherwise))

Xaviar ran to the border between the human land and elf land, which was thankfully not far from his house. War didn't occur much on this front, rather, it occurred in the area where all three of the races' territories met.

He looked around. The others lived nearby, they couldn't take that long.

"Let's see..." he thought "With so many elves, the elf leader will be easiest to calm down. Then the human leader, and finally the dwarf leader. This'll go fine, I'm sure."

110 Reviews

Sun Jan 20, 2008 11:13 pm
TNCowgirl says...

((If needed later on I'll bring in another character, but I wont just yet. Oh and do you think it is ok to talk other peoples characters. I'm not talking controlling them, but if they know the character then just say like a line or two, or make the jump or something?????))

Velena-

Velena slowly moved through the woods until she could see Xaviar. She quietly jumped into the trees and walked on a branch above him.

"Looking for someone." She asked suddenly hoping to scare him just a little bit. It would serve him right for calling a meeting out of the blue like he did.
Want a Readers crit???

114 Reviews

Reviews: 114
Mon Jan 21, 2008 12:47 am
RoryLegend says...

Layne-

I had been sitting against a rather large boulder for quite some time when i heard a voice, Velena. She was talking to Xaviar.
"Looking for someone?" She said. I peeked around the boulder and saw Velena jump down from a tree branch and infront of Xaviar. I changed my appearance from a child elf to my "normal" self. I wasn't sure what my "normal" appearance was anymore, really. I got to my feet and stode over to Xaviar and Velena.
"Hey guys, whats with this meeting?" Velena just looked at Xaviar with a half annoyed half expectant look.
"Wait for the others!" Xaviar said.
All you need is 20 seconds of insane courage, and I promise you something great will come of it.

-Benjamin Mee

41 Reviews

Reviews: 41
Mon Jan 21, 2008 12:48 am
Layleun says...

Name: Jacob Hammerson

Race: Human. Jacob has some elf ancestry mixed in resulting in pointed ears.

Weapon: Two handed greatsword and fire magic

Discription: Image

Other: Jacob dislikes fighting and does everything to prevent it. Is very thoughtful and works a blacksmiths shop with his father, mother and sister in a city, Inasi, near the elf border.

Random avatar

Mon Jan 21, 2008 1:04 am
thunder_dude7 says...

((Accepted. And yes, a line of dialog is fine))

Xaviar was somewhat surprised when Layne and Velena showed up.

"I hope the others get here soon." he said "Once Ian, Karana, and Jake are here, I can tell you guys what I was thinking about."

110 Reviews

Mon Jan 21, 2008 1:12 am
TNCowgirl says...

**Oh, I forgot to put in my profile, she is kinda a healer. She uses herbs and such :D**

Valena-

Velena plopped down on the ground and closed her eyes. "So pretty much, it's going to be a while?" She asked,

"I don't know." Xaviar replied. Velena plopped back up to her feet, ran, and jumped into a tree.

"Wake me up when they get here. I didn't get any sleep last night. Alinia's baby was sick." Velena closed her eyes. She hadn't known these people for very long, but she was ready to do anything to see her brothers home, safe and sound. A picture of her dad popped in her mind and she shoved her eyes open sending it away. This war HAD to be stopped.
Want a Readers crit???

41 Reviews

Reviews: 41
Mon Jan 21, 2008 4:32 pm
Layleun says...

((Jacob))

"You're done for today, Jacob. You can go ride now."

Jacob looked up from the sword he was mending. His face was covered with the soot from the fires he'd been working over all day.

"Thank you, father." He called out to his dad who was leaving the shop. He straightened up and wiped the ash off of his face. Taking off his gloves and apron, he hung them up and washed his face properly. He looked at the sundial outside, I'm going to be late.

He rushed to the stables and found Flame in her stall. The chestnut horse nickered happily as Jacob came in. "Hey girl." he said as he rubbed her nose quickly. He found his saddle in the equipment room and draped it over Flame's back. The thin saddle was made for fast riding.

Jacob hauled himself onto her enormous back and clicked her into motion. Her steered her towards the plains where the meeting was waiting for him.

116 Reviews

Reviews: 116
Mon Jan 21, 2008 5:53 pm
Maybe says...

I'll join. And since no one seems to like being a Dwarf, i'll be one.

Name: Alabaster (Call him Al)
Race: Dwarf
Appearance: Image
Personality: His personality matches his name. He is stony, stubborn, and determined. He has a fiery temper and it doesn't take much to bring it out. He is fiercely loyal and trustworthy to his friends and will defend them with his life.
Weapons: A large battle-ax (See description picture)
Abilities: He is an expert at wielding axes and is strong. He can also run fast, despite his short legs
History: He keeps it to himself.
Other: He is a wanderer.

Name: Remus
Race: Human
Appearance: Image
Personality: He distances himself from others. He does not like to get close to others and has a hard time trusting. He is witty and sarcastic and can seem very dark and bitter. Is also slightly mischievous.
Weapons: Illusionary/Fire/Thunder magic and Image
Abilities: Can use illusionary and fire/thunder magic as well as training in the art of sword fighting. Rarely does he use magic, unless it's illusionary.
History: He was orphaned at a young age, taken in and trained. He won't say anything other than that about his past.
Other: He is also a wanderer.
Be the cartoon heart. Light a fire, light a spark. Light a fire, flame in my heart. We'll run wild, we'll be glowing in the dark.

Books give a soul to the universe, wings to the mind, flight to the imagination, and life to everything
— Plato