z

Young Writers Society

Slayers!

34 Reviews

Reviews: 34
Sat Dec 29, 2007 9:09 am
Light_Devil says...

Hey, DUDES! What's up?

Okay here's how things go, I think I should tell you the rules. All the normal rules apply; PLUS a few of my own!

Rule Uno- Dudes, magic doesn't exist here, so no magicians!

Rule Two- Please chose one of the Islands I give you, you can't come from nowhere and don't come from the Central Island, please!

Rule Three- You (your character, just clearing it up. Okies?) HAVE to be 14, unless you've been kept down or put up, alright?

Rule Four- Follow the rules!

Okay, now I have the painful part out of the way heres the way things are:

There are 5 Islands-
The North Island Of Ice
The South Island Of Lightning
The West Island Of Desert
The East Island Of Hurricane
The Central Island Of Mysteries

Right obviously, they are all different, because they ARE all different.

The North Island of Ice's TRADITION: When your two years old your taken away from your parents and raised in a School for slaying. There you learn the secrets of Ice/Water slaying for 12 years, 10 levels a year.

The South Island Of Lightning's TRADITION: Stay with your parents until finished Slaying school. If you are second or third or even fourth born, your parents will not care about you at all. The first born is always everything to them; as the first born carry the family's name, family house and are the family heir. Here you learn the art of Slaying with Lightning/Fire and you raise one level a year for fourteen years.

The West Island Of Desert's TRADITION: Stay with parents for as long as you want, doesn't matter. Begin training when your 4 and for ten years do 25 levels each year. Learn the art of Sand/Earth slaying.

The East Island Of Hurricane's TRADITION: Stay with parents until finished Slayer school. Girls and boys learn on different levels, boys always learn harder stuff while girls learn the easier. If a girl was to attempt to pretend to be levelled as boy is resulted as the same penalty as treason; death. Unless through the unknown loop whole of being disowned by your parents.
Learn Hurricane/Wind slaying techniques at 12 levels a year for a girl and 24 for a boy.

The Central Island Of Mysteries's TRADITION: Unknown. Levels: Unknown. Slaying Art: Unknown.

Now, to the plot, chose one of the Islands and make a character as such:

NAME:
APPEARANCE:
ISLAND:
AGE (if not 14 like others):
Background: (is preferable)
Behaviour:

The plot? Oh yes, that. Now the plot is we are all trying to become
the new Slayer MAEster of our Island. To do this we need to learn at each Island for at least long enought to learn the Art of the Island.

The Central Island Of Mysteries is always last. NO MATTER WHAT!

Alright, now we have that clear, who wants to go first?

What! No one?

Well, might as well be me!

NAME: Heaven
APPEARANCE: Black hair, white skin, red lips and about 178 cms tall.
ISLAND: The West Island Of Hurricane
Background: HAs just been disowned because she has been levelled as a boy.
Behaviour: Remorseful, but usually a happy person with angelic grace.

OKAY PEOPLE GO!

(P.S, If you wanna find out the secret art of your Island just PM me!)
Last edited by Light_Devil on Sun Dec 30, 2007 12:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"Eat, Drink, Play"- National Pub Poker League
Haikus are easy
But sometimes they don't make sense
Refrigerator
You wanna go to sleep? Click this --> http://qinni.deviantart.com/art/Timeles ... -102881379

185 Reviews

Reviews: 185
Sat Dec 29, 2007 1:59 pm
piepiemann22 says...

Question, how will the charaters be connected?
I will always fight back, no matter what.

34 Reviews

Sun Dec 30, 2007 1:29 am
Light_Devil says...

They'll meet on their way to Islands.

It doesn't matter where, you'll just find someone!
Haikus are easy
Refrigerator
You wanna go to sleep? Click this --> http://qinni.deviantart.com/art/Timeles ... -102881379

161 Reviews

Reviews: 161
Sun Dec 30, 2007 2:53 am
Fan says...

what does it mean by levels a year etc?

21 Reviews

Reviews: 21
Sun Dec 30, 2007 3:24 am
Geek says...

Okay! This sounds interesting. And what do you mean by levels? And how do they count?
What is there to do when all else fails?

21 Reviews

Reviews: 21
Sun Dec 30, 2007 3:33 am
Geek says...

NAME: Eli
APPEARANCE: Dark brown hair that drifts down to the waist. Medium height (5' 6")
ISLAND: The West Island Of Hurricane
Background: Lives in parent's attic, and loves every minute of the free food and no worries.
Behavior: Happy, nice and easy going, except when arguing with her step dad, she's stubborn as a mule.
What is there to do when all else fails?

602 Reviews

Reviews: 602
Sun Dec 30, 2007 3:41 am
Wolf says...

Rule Three- You HAVE to be 14, unless you've been kept down or put up, alright?

But...you are 13. And I'm 12 - so I can't join? :?
everything i loved
became everything i lost.

Would you like a review?
http://www.youngwriterssociety.com/topic73903.html

377 Reviews

Reviews: 377
Sun Dec 30, 2007 4:06 am
seeminglymeaningless says...

Ayra: I think she means your CHARACTER has to be 14 - not you, the writer.

Geek and FantasyArtist: And as for the levels - it's relatively simple (me and Light_Devil are actually close friends, so we talk a lot) - each level signifies a level of study.

For example, Level One might be Mathematics. Level 24 may be the Secret of the Island.

The go with the guys having more levels is because in this land, girls are considered inferior. . . which could change if the plot turns out to be Equality of the Sexes. ^^

Have fun! And I hope that helped.

- jai -
I have an approximate knowledge of many things.

164 Reviews

Reviews: 164
Sun Dec 30, 2007 4:47 am
AyumiGosu17 says...

Hmmmm....this sounds really interesting. It reminds me of Naruto, kinda! XD

But explain. If we train to Slay with elements, how is that not magic? Explain the whole situation, please.

NAME: Ayumi of the Gosu
APPEARANCE: 5'7", 125#, curvy and muscular; waist length reddish hair, blue-grey eyes
ISLAND: The North Island of Ice
Background: does not know her parents or her true purpose in life, but is trying to discover that bit by bit as she learns the Slayers' ways
Behaviour: in general quiet and calm, doesn't show emotions often, but will give up her life to protect her friends
"Neglect not the gift that is in thee, which was given thee by prophecy, with the laying on of the hands of the presbytery." Timothy 4:14 KJV

34 Reviews

Sun Dec 30, 2007 12:07 pm
Light_Devil says...

Fantasyartist wrote:what does it mean by levels a year etc?

That mean how many levels a year you rise, like how many levels are in each year that you have to pass!
Haikus are easy
Refrigerator

34 Reviews

Sun Dec 30, 2007 12:12 pm
Light_Devil says...

AyumiGosu17 wrote:Hmmmm....this sounds really interesting. It reminds me of Naruto, kinda! XD

But explain. If we train to Slay with elements, how is that not magic? Explain the whole situation, please.

NAME: Ayumi of the Gosu
APPEARANCE: 5'7", 125#, curvy and muscular; waist length reddish hair, blue-grey eyes
ISLAND: The North Island of Ice
Background: does not know her parents or her true purpose in life, but is trying to discover that bit by bit as she learns the Slayers' ways
Behaviour: in general quiet and calm, doesn't show emotions often, but will give up her life to protect her friends

AHHH! I've been caught! Yes, its a little bit like Naruto. But is very much different. Oh yeah, about slaying with elements you use the elements surrounding you to slay. SO if your a Slayer of Ice and there is no Ice or water near you, you're basically out of luck. But a smart and true Slayer would draw water from the ground.

Magic has nothing to do with it. Slaying with elements has been taught through generations so, it is not called magic, however magical it may seem to be to people who have not heard of Slayers.

:) :) :) :) Thanks for joining, you seem like a nice person!
Haikus are easy
Refrigerator

34 Reviews

Sun Dec 30, 2007 12:15 pm
Light_Devil says...

Ayra wrote:
Rule Three- You HAVE to be 14, unless you've been kept down or put up, alright?

But...you are 13. And I'm 12 - so I can't join? :?

Ahhh, oopsies, does it sound like that?

Seeminglymeaningless is right, it is the character, not yourself *scratches head* I guess i didn't explain it that well.

*Tilt head sideways as an idea appears, and lightbulb pops up above head*

I KNOW I'LL EDIT IT!

Thankies for the mistake!

:) :) :)
Haikus are easy
Refrigerator

34 Reviews

Sun Dec 30, 2007 12:19 pm
Light_Devil says...

Geek wrote:Okay! This sounds interesting. And what do you mean by levels? And how do they count?

Hmmm . . . where to begin.

Well, levels are the the level you go through each year to get to a different year. Say, I was an North Ice Islander, well i would have to pass 120 levels of Slaying to Graduate Slaying School. In each Island it is different.

Well, as an example, Northern Ice Islanders, levels go 10 for each year, starting at age 2.

OKay? That explain your questions?

Thank you for asking, I hope you have fun!
Haikus are easy
Refrigerator

34 Reviews

Sun Dec 30, 2007 12:21 pm
Light_Devil says...

Fantasyartist wrote:what does it mean by levels a year etc?

I have a feeling I've already said something about this . . .

Oh well levels a year mean how many levels each year you must pass to become a Slayer Graduate. <-- As in graduating Slaying School.

:) :)

Any more questions are most welcome!
Haikus are easy
Refrigerator

34 Reviews

Sun Dec 30, 2007 12:25 pm
Light_Devil says...

seeminglymeaningless wrote:Ayra: I think she means your CHARACTER has to be 14 - not you, the writer.

Geek and FantasyArtist: And as for the levels - it's relatively simple (me and Light_Devil are actually close friends, so we talk a lot) - each level signifies a level of study.

For example, Level One might be Mathematics. Level 24 may be the Secret of the Island.

The go with the guys having more levels is because in this land, girls are considered inferior. . . which could change if the plot turns out to be Equality of the Sexes. ^^

Have fun! And I hope that helped.

- jai -

JAI!!!

HOW DARE YOU THIS IS MY STORY I SHALL ANSWER THE QUESTION!

You+My story= EVIL!

;) :)

HA!
Haikus are easy
Refrigerator

Properly trained, a man can be dog's best friend.
— Corey Ford