z

Young Writers Society

Mixed-up fairly tales

522 Reviews

Reviews: 522
Sun Dec 09, 2007 5:54 pm
canislupis says...

What really happened to humpty-dumpty? Is the big bad wolf really all that bad? Maybe goldilocks was a secret agent. :D

Rules:

No killing without permission!

Only one character per person. There may be exceptions to this, but please ask me first.

Please keep this story-book rated G or PG.

type your name and species before each post.

Profiles:

Name:

Species/animal: Tthis can be anything you want, from dragons and unicorns to elves and humans, whatever!

Description/appearance: a picture or description will do fine.

Character/Personality: what are your character's hopes and dreams?

I think that will do to start! Thanks..

713 Reviews

Reviews: 713
Sun Dec 09, 2007 11:17 pm
BigBadBear says...

Awesome. Let's see...what should I do? I don't really see how this can be a storybook, because we all have different stories unless we like...meet up or something. Anyway, I'll have a go.

Name: Wanda, Cinderella's Godmother (strange...why am I doing a female character..)

Species/Animal: Fairy I guess...

Description: Old, happy woman. Has a blue dress and a magic wand.

Personality: Mean and cruel. You'll soon find out that she wasn't all 'bipity bopity boo' with Cinderella.

Awesome. This'll be fun.
Just write -- the rest of life will follow.

Would love help on this.

516 Reviews

Reviews: 516
Sun Dec 09, 2007 11:39 pm
chocoholic says...

Sounds fun.

Name: Lillian

Species/animal: Human, Snow White's step-mother

Description/appearance: Beautiful. Tall, skinny, jet black hair, white skin and red lips.

Character/Personality: To conquer the world. Hates anybody more beautiful than her, and is sort of crazy.
*Don't expect to see me around much in the next couple of weeks. School has started again, and it'll be a couple of weeks before I've settled in. If you've asked me for a critique, you will get it, but not for a little while. Sorry*

Reviews: 1
Mon Dec 10, 2007 12:50 am
themagickeeper says...

This sounds good

Name: Princess Aurelia

Species/animal: Human - the other sister to Princess Aurora from Sleeping Beauty

Description/appearance: Plain - blue eyes & brown hair. Fair skin. Gown is made from blue silk.

Character/Personality: Aurelia is quiet and shy. Her hopes and dreams are to one day surpass everyone's expectations of her and establish herself in Fairytale World, and hope that a dazzling prince will create a happy ever after to her tale.
Sally: [singing] I'm Susan the happy trotting elf! I trot and trot and bounce and bounce and smile a lot and that's what counts! I'm Susan the happy trotting smile a lotting elf! I'm polite so just for clarity, when I'm cross I say "Apparently!"

516 Reviews

Mon Dec 10, 2007 2:58 am
chocoholic says...

Lillian: Human

I painted a long nail black. Around me, servants stood perfectly still, afraid to move. I laughed loudly and stood up.

"Get me my carriage," I said. "I have to pay a visit to a... friend."

"Yes mistress."

One of the elves ran off and another handed me a fur coat. It was a gift from the Wolf. The one who blew down the pig's houses. No, he didn't die. That was all an act to stop the rumours and the hunt for his head.

"Your carriage is ready, mistress."

I raised an eyebrow, and the servant bowed. Chuckling at my greatness, I walked out of the room and down to my carriage. The driver didn't say a word as I got in. He was smart enough to know where I was going.
*Don't expect to see me around much in the next couple of weeks. School has started again, and it'll be a couple of weeks before I've settled in. If you've asked me for a critique, you will get it, but not for a little while. Sorry*

713 Reviews

Mon Dec 10, 2007 3:39 am
BigBadBear says...

(are you allowed to start the story? Anyhow...)

Wanda; Fairy

"Bipity bopity boo!"

Wanda flicked her wand at the nearby spellbook shelf. One of the books flew instantly to her hand. She grinned madly and opened it up.

"Now...how to make frog blood stew..." She became engrossed in the spell book, and then found the correct enchantment: "Frog's tail, snake arms, spider guts and pig tails." She waved her arm and suddenly a big, bubbling cauldron of frog blood stew appeared on her table, full of cobwebs. She laughed out loud, "Such an original recipie..."

Suddenly, there was a knock on her door, and she said in her old, sweet grandmother voice, "Come in!"

The door opened, and Wanda turned around to see her old friend, Lillian.

"Why, hello!" she said.

Would love help on this.

516 Reviews

Mon Dec 10, 2007 4:00 am
chocoholic says...

(I don't know, but nobody else was.)

Lillian; Human

"Hello Wanda," I said, and walked into the rather large house. There was a book lying open on the table and a pot on the stove.

Wanda smiled.

"Would you like something to drink? Please, sit down."

"Don't mind if I will," I said, and sat on one of the many big, comfy chairs. "I'd kill for some mice stew. Do you have any?"

Wanda nodded and handed me a bowl before sitting down opposite me.

"So, what brings you to my humble abode?"

I daintily spooned some stew into my mouth and laughed.

"Humble abode? My dear, this is anything but humble. But since you ask, I'm having some trouble with this girl."

"Snow White?" Wanda raised an eyebrow, and I shook my head.

"No, not her. Snow White's old news. I'm having trouble with that new girl. You know the one, the sisters of the one Miriam made to sleep? Poor dear, she didn't deserve jail. But anyway, what's the girl's name? Starts with A."

"Aurelia?"

I nodded, smiling. "Yes, that's the one."

Wanda nodded, sipping her tea.

"Well, I don't know if I could help you. I do know this one guy who might be able to, though."

713 Reviews

Mon Dec 10, 2007 4:21 am
BigBadBear says...

Wanda; fairy

"Who?" Lillian asked, sipping her stew. Wanda smiled.

"Well, it's not like I just give out contacts for free, you know," Wanda replied, an evil grin playing on her lips. Lillian frowned, sad. She didn't have time to do another one of 'Wanda's infamous tasks'...

"What is it this time?" Lillian said bored.

"Well, I have also been having some trouble with a girl. Her name is Cinderella. Do you know her?" Wanda asked, sitting up in her chair, her stew getting cold.

"Yes. Isn't she the little bratty one that gets punished rightfully?" Lillian asked.

"Yes, that's her. Well, I need her taken out. And I can't do it myself. So this is how much I have already planned out.

"First, Cinderella will go to the ball that Prince has set up. I casted a charm on him to pick her so that she will fall in love with him. Soon enough, when the clock strikes twelve, her beauty will dissapear, and the Prince will wake up after being charmed. Then he will be disgusted at the ugly soul and abandon her. That's it. I plan to attack her heart!"

"So..." Lillian asked, wondering something, "how do I fit into this?"

(by the way, it's not mice stew. It's frog's blood stew...)

Would love help on this.

378 Reviews

Reviews: 378
Mon Dec 10, 2007 4:24 am
sokool15 says...

I think the person who first started the post is supposed to begin the story...

Name: Garrett (remember that story about the woodcutter with the three sons: two smart, nice, older ones and then the young simpleton who always wins in the end? This guy is the woodcutter's oldest son.)

Species: human

Description/appearance: Tall, strapping young man, broad shoulders, rough woodcutter's clothing doesn't disguise his awesome coolness. Fair of face, blue eyes, reddish-blond hair, carries an axe in a leather strap across his chest.

Personality: Happy almost all the time, almost infuriatingly so...makes jokes over everything, isn't afraid to laugh at himself, is liked by almost everyone. He wasn't really being mean to the old woman when he refused to share his lunch...he was saving it for a poor, starved child who'd been meeting him in the woods for a long time. He's now traveling around, trying to get away from his simpleton brother's reputation.
"Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe."
~Albert Einstein

516 Reviews

Mon Dec 10, 2007 4:27 am
chocoholic says...

(Whatever. It's stew that no normal person would ever dream of eating)

Lillian; Human

Wanda grinned.

"Ah, but that's the beauty of it. You'll have the most important part. After she gets home she'll get all sad and everything, right?"

I nodded slowly.

"Yes, thay always do. Stupid girls. But what do you want me to do?"

"Well her stepmother, you remember Nadia and her daughters? That's her family. Yes, well, Nadia and the girls will go straight home because, of course, they would have recgonised the brat. I just need you to remove the brat. Not kill her, but I need her somewhere else."

"Why?"

Wanda tutted.

"Don't ask so many questions. If you want a name, you'll just ahve to do what I say. Now, I don't care where she goes, but you have to call me as son as you've removed. Okay?"

I sighed and leaned back. "I guess. But this guy better be good. Maybe I can get rid of Snow White as well."

Wanda laughed.

"Maybe."

377 Reviews

Reviews: 377
Mon Dec 10, 2007 9:34 am
seeminglymeaningless says...

*** OOO! This is gonna be sooooo fun! I'm in! ***

Name: Prince Charming of Nevermore, bastard son of King Henry the 8th *LAUGHS*

Species: human (though his father believes that that one brief tumble with a mountain troll might be the reason for his son's Swiss cheese-like brain)

Description/appearance: Tall, broad shoulders, narrow waist, big hands. Blue eyes, golden locks *snorts*, tanned skin, big feet.

Personality: Dumb. ((how PG does this have to be? Can we have gay people?)) Bats for the same sex (means slightly gay). Is a social butterfly, and holds royal party balls every month, trying to find the right guy. Infact. . . there seems to be a ball scheduled for tonight. . . .

---------------------

<Prince Charming> --- human (could be half troll)

"Another ball!" Prince Charming cried out, and spun around his chamber with his young page, humming to himself.

The page, a mite embarrassed, ignored the Prince's wandering hands.

"I'm going to ivite EVERYBODY!"

"Yes, Majesty."

"Can you imagine it, Rorick?" The Prince twirled the poor page around, "All the young men. . ." He sighed blissfully.

"Your Highness. . . You said everybody. . . We, er, don't want a repeat of last time. . ." Rorick allowed himself to be bent over backwards over the Prince's steady arm.

"No. . ." Prince Charming rolled his eyes, "I shall invite that silly Queen Lillian, and Great Mother Hubard, and The WIcked Witch of the East, and Rapunzel, and . . . and. . . and Tom Thumb, and even the old man Woodcutter, if he so desires."

Hoping to distract the future king, who had started to go too far, again (he was nibbling the page's neck now), he said, "I've heard the Woodcutter's oldest son (not the simpleton one) is the handsomest in the Sherwood Forest!"

Prince Charming stilled his lips, "Truly?" He spun Rorick around, laughing with glee, "I shall have a magnificent ball!!!"

-----------

*wipes tear of laughter out of eye - I am ahving SO much fun with this!*
I have an approximate knowledge of many things.

522 Reviews

Reviews: 522
Mon Dec 10, 2007 5:10 pm
canislupis says...

Wow! This has only been posted for a day.... Ok then, where are we? ok:

Bigbad: Maybe some of the characters will meet up, or maybe they're all related!

Chocoholic: YOU STARTED WITHOUT ME!!! WAAAA! (jk)

Meaningless: Hmmm. About the rating, my ten-year-old brother reads this stuff, and I'm not sure I'd want him to read that kind of stuff. If you would let a ten yr. old read your stuff, go ahead and post it. :D

Sokool: Thanks for joining! I like your character.

Ok, now it's my turn. My character:

Name: Agent Gold Dust

Species: Human (she's a secret agent)

Description: Deceptively girly features and clothing, long blond tresses, and sly green eyes.

Personality: Devious and cunning in her plot(s) to destroy the bear family.

Thanks all for joining!

713 Reviews

Mon Dec 10, 2007 10:03 pm
BigBadBear says...

Wanda; Fairy

"Goodbye, my dear!" Wanda cried as she ushered Lillian out of the door. As soon as she closed the entrance to her 'humble abode' she smirked. What an idiot Queen. She knew that if herself, Wanda, couldn't get rid of Cinderella, then no one could. That was just a way to get the nasty Queen away from her. Ugh! And of course, there was no 'guy' that could help her get rid of Snow White. Ha! What a loser!

With her magic wand, she summoned up her best clothes and put on her old, grandmotherly hat. She looked in the mirror and smirked again. This would be the perfect dress. Now...what should she do now?

"Oh yes," she muttered, and fumbled with her wand. Wanda needed to confuse the Prince Charming of Nevermore to think that he actually likes girls...just until midnight. Then Cinderella will be all sad and...yes...this plan was perfect!

Wanda laughed evilly. It was time. With one flick of her wand, she was sent through a transportation spell and landed with a clunk in the Prince Charming's castle.

"Now...where is that Prince?" she asked herself, and quietly made her way through the castle.

Would love help on this.

378 Reviews

Reviews: 378
Mon Dec 10, 2007 10:12 pm
sokool15 says...

Garret strode through the forest, axe slung over one shoulder. He was whistling a merry tune through his teeth, long legs covering the distance with ease.

"What-ho, what ho!"

Garret started as he heard a forcefully cheery singing voice coming towards him.

"Who's there?" he asked, swinging his axe around and holding it at the ready.

Emerging from the trees was an old bent crone, face sagging with wrinkles, moles and warts growing out of every possible skin space.

"Oh, it's you," said Garret, relaxing again. "Why are you here? Gloating again?"

The crone cackled and hobbled over to where Garret was, peering up into his features. "I just can't believe, after all that happened to you, you're still cheerful. Is it geniune? It is, it is! Genuine indeed! You're really happy! You're going through the woods, trying to find some poor person to give your lunch to, cutting wood for a living, disowned by your father, while your brother is up in a castle with a beautiful princess. And you're happy!"

Garret shrugged. "You're still on about that? I told you before, I like being a woodcutter."

"Well, then," said the crone, sinking to the forest floor and nibbling her fingernails. "You won't be interested to know that Prince Charming is holding a ball. Woodcutters are invited."

Garret stared at her for a moment. "Why would the prince invite woodcutters? Isn't he trying to find some sort of princess or life-long love or something?"

"That's the general idea," said the crone, winking. She cackled once more, then disappeared.

Garret sighed. He supposed, as a matter of family duty, he should go. His simpleton brother had married Prince Charming's sister, after all...

"Guess I'll have to dig up my old formal clothing," said Garret. "Hope it still fits."
"Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe."
~Albert Einstein

713 Reviews

Mon Dec 10, 2007 10:46 pm
BigBadBear says...

(sorry for posting so much. It's just that this is SOOOOOOO much fun!)

Wanda; Fairy

"Hello? Prince Charming?" Wanda cried, her eyes wandering aimlessly around the interior of the castle. There were elegant rugs, large statues and of course, knights in shining armor. Such cliche, Wanda thought.

Suddenly, a door opened and a man walked out. Wanda turned to meet him with a smile. When the man saw the old fairy, he stopped.

"Oh! Fairy Godmother!" he said, and bowed. Wanda chortled.

"Oh, Prince Charming, you needn't be so formal. Call me Wanda," she said, smiling kindly. The Prince arose from his bow and smiled.

"So, what brings you here? I don't recall sending you an invitation..." the instant that Prince Charming said that, he blushed.

"No, no it's fine. I don't need to go dancing anyway. What I have come here for is to talk to you." Wanda replied, getting slightly annoyed at this young, but handsome man.

"Yes! Of course, m'lady. What is it you had in mind? You know, I'm always open to doing things with men, of course."

Wanda's eyes widened. She backed up slowly. "That is what I need you to not do. I am going to say something and then you are going to hold still for just a few moments, ok, dear?"

Prince Charming nodded, and said, "sure. Go ahead."

Wanda smiled and whipped out her wand, muttering, "Abra Kadabra Kalamazoo! Whatcha Perpatual Latimuszoo!"

The instant that the spell was over, a bright light filled the room, and then everything went darker.

"How do you feel, Prince?" Wanda asked, scrutinizing the prince.

"Man...I just...I wanna get married to a really hot girl all of the sudden!" he blurted out, and then looked at Wanda. He got to his knee.

"Will you marry me?"

Wanda gasped and said, "No! Of course not! Utterly atrocious! Ugh! But, I want you to ask a young girl named Cinderella that, all right darling? Yes...yes, do that and you will be rewarded..."

Phase one completed. Now all Wanda had to do was get Cinderella to the ball...and then...Yes. And then her plan would end and she would be forever happy...

Would love help on this.

By swallowing evil words unsaid, no one has ever harmed his stomach.
— Winston Churchill