z

Young Writers Society

Dark Beginings

185 Reviews

Reviews: 185
Sat Dec 08, 2007 3:13 am
piepiemann22 says...

I've noticed that many storybooks have a set plot and those who join don't know what to do with it. In this one there is no set plot yet. We;ll post profiles and when there are enough people I'll post. You can do what ever you want with the storybook as long as there's no stretching it.

Rules
1) No Goddmoding

2) 1 character unless you ask me.

3) No killing another character without the person's permission.

4) Keep it fantasy and to the plot we come up with.

5) If I question a character you must explain why it fits in the storybook.

That should be it. We'll see how many we get and go from there okay.
I will always fight back, no matter what.

185 Reviews

Sat Dec 08, 2007 3:30 am
piepiemann22 says...

Name- Tanis Highwind

Gender- Male

Race- Half Elf

Appearance- http://kiffy.deviantart.com/art/Elfin-Male-2199536 Brown hair, green eyes, Brown leather armor with a forest green cloak.

Weapons- http://df14.deviantart.com/art/Short-Sword-3d-3119451 (Short Sword. Oak long bow.

Personality- Serious about many things and sometimes has trouble settling down. Always on edge and ready for anything.

(Have at it :D )

141 Reviews

Reviews: 141
Sat Dec 08, 2007 3:41 am
MadHatter says...

Name: Tavis Onan

Race: Dark Being

Appearance: Tavis is nearly ten feet tall. He has long curly black hair, and red eyes. His skin is a hue of gray, and he smells of death.

Bio: Tavis used to be a elf until he was banished by the high elders to the Land of the Dead. While there, he harnessed the power of the dead to survive. But due to that he became a Dark Being, losing all notions of good, love, or peace. He basically sold his soul to no one to survive. He know seeks to ruin the Land of the Living.

Personality: Tavis is very cruel and horrific in behavior. When he is mad he can become very violent, using his magic to send the tormentor to the Land of the Dead.
Voldemort: You kids! If I ever find out who's calling I will tell the wizard law and you will go to wizard jail and then I'll kill you!

Harry Potter Puppet Pals - Wizard Swears

377 Reviews

Reviews: 377
Sat Dec 08, 2007 1:41 pm
seeminglymeaningless says...

Name: Kahlak'tisht

Race: Orc

Appearance: As handsome as an orc can be (he picks up the lady orcs all the time). Leathery grey/brown skin, deep set greyish eyes. Thick eyebrows, flat nose, and thin lips. Three heads taller than the average human, shoulders at least 1 meter wide, slender hips, and long muscular legs.

Bio: Young orc angry at a pre-arranged marriage (oh the HORROR!), mercenary for hire.

Personality: As all orcs, Kahlak'tisht (this name is tedious, so you guys can cut it down to Kahlak when/if you write about him) is aggressive and as one-sided as possible. He has no sense of humor, and has been known to bounce a few heads of the walls if upset. He finds all creatures but orcs disgusting and puny - the only beings he fears are giants, but they live in the mountains, ergo Somebody Else's Problem (I love HHGTTG!).

Weapon: Two great swords, his teeth (filed down to sharp points) and his claws.

Magic: none - everyone knows that orcs are about as magical as rocks.

-------

i hope this story starts soon, i'm getting kinda restless having nothing of good sense to write.

cheers!
I have an approximate knowledge of many things.

164 Reviews

Reviews: 164
Sat Dec 08, 2007 2:47 pm
AyumiGosu17 says...

*So, just any storyline we want, huh, Tony? This sounds fun!

Name: Karana

Race: Elf

Appearance: Like any other elf, just plainer. She is not as tall as the rest of her kind (only about 5'7" rather than between 5'10" to 6'2"); she has long, wavy blonde hair she generally keeps in a ponytail, blue-grey eyes, and a fair complexion. She wears a brown leather vest over a red undershirt, tan pants, and brown leather boots.

Bio: Is the only female in her family; her mother died giving birth to her. She is just out looking for adventure, a place of her own, friends, and a purpose in life.

Personality: She is generally calm and peaceful, but she can be very aggressive if angered. She's very caring and compassionate of others until they prove that they are not friends of hers (which everyone starts off that way) and not trustworthy.

Weapon: a cherry recurve bow, a scimitar (curved sword), and magic

Magic: just like an elf: anything
"Neglect not the gift that is in thee, which was given thee by prophecy, with the laying on of the hands of the presbytery." Timothy 4:14 KJV

110 Reviews

Reviews: 110
Sat Dec 08, 2007 6:15 pm
TNCowgirl says...

Name- Senra Bitos

Gender- Female

Race- Half Elf/vampire

Appearance- long straight brown hair, sharp green eyes, athletic skinny build,

Weapons- A back sword (Forms to her back when it it in it's sheath), and a bow and arrow. She is also a good hand fighter.

Personality- Doesn't trust easy, loner, but once you get to know her she is awesome.

Majic: Any
"And you wonder why we don't like you!" -Trumpkin
Vist my world and make it bigger!
Want a Readers crit???

41 Reviews

Reviews: 41
Sat Dec 08, 2007 8:54 pm
Layleun says...

Name- Arastone (Air-uh-stone)

Gender- Female

Race- Avian

Appearance- Image

Weapons- Image

Personality- Spunky and quiet at the same time (Impossible? I think not) Loyal and head strong. Doesn't really think things through unless the matter interests her.
Last edited by Layleun on Sun Dec 09, 2007 5:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.

66 Reviews

Reviews: 66
Sun Dec 09, 2007 12:29 am
sylverdawn says...

*I know it seems like two characters but these two are joined at the hip, literally inseperable, Fire can't go more then 200ft from Rain outside of battle.*

name- Rain
gender- female
age- 17

race- Drake, Rain is the last of her kind, raised by humans she only just found out what she was. She has a small dragon companion, Fire. Fire is small enough to ride on her shoulder, or head. But Fire can shift into a huge dragon when he fights, and Rain rides him.

appearance- Rain) has white gold hair, pointed ears, slanted jewel colored eyes (hers are amber/topaz) brown skin with a gold dusting, 5,4 in height, wheres black clothes, sleeveless shirt with a hood, long pants, calf high black leather boots. She has her ears pierced several times. Wears goggles around her neck (to wear when she rides Fire), and a strange bracelet on her left arm.
Fire) has shining red, orange, and gold scales, lives up to his name, he's telepathic but will only talk with Rain at first.

personality- Hot headed and reckless, with a short temper, stubborn (she won't admit she's wrong even when she is), loyal to her friends willing to die for them, hard to gain her trust. Arrogant and pridefull, perpetually curious, loves treasure, the sun and high places, hates the cold.

weapons- Two katana (the two sword style) assorted knives, staff fighting.
majic- fire and wind majic, but she's young so she just ends up blowing things up most of the time.

185 Reviews

Sun Dec 09, 2007 1:25 am
piepiemann22 says...

Tanis whipped his brow. The afternoon sun had cooked him down to the bone. Sighing he took a seat in the shade under an oak tree. The wind wiped threw his air cooling him. He heard the small babbling of a brook and got up to get a drink. When he pulled back a bush the was a young elf there watering her horse.

She turned to look at him, "Oh, hello." The young lady starred at him with blue-grey eyes.

Taking a step out of the brush he bowed, "Tanis Highwind at your service my lady."

142 Reviews

Reviews: 142
Sun Dec 09, 2007 2:27 am
Bella says...

Name: Bella-Luna Maria
Race: Mage
Appearance: http://www.leather-and-lace.com/characters/rhystabio.html Except for her hair being all black, often pulled back with a golden clasp. (Ignore the character info at the side of the picture, of course).
Abilities: A Mage is the ultimate of magical species. They are rare, and hold abilities that even they do not fully know. She can do almost anything, but is very modest and uses her powers rarely. She will often change the way she looks, depending on who she wishes to impress, or frighten.
History: Bella doesn't know much of her past. She remembers bits and pieces, none of them pleasant. She doesn't like to talk about the past.
Personality: Bella can be a great friend, and a terrifying enemy. She has yet to have any qualms when it comes to killing, as long as it is for a good, fair reason. She is also very protective of people she cares about (although it takes a while to gain her trust).
i carry your heart(i carry it in my heart) <3

Please review my performance poem?

164 Reviews

Reviews: 164
Sun Dec 09, 2007 4:30 am
AyumiGosu17 says...

Karana

How charming. Another elf, greeting me so formally.

"And I am Karana, kind sir," I smiled back. This guy certainly was friendly; why not be a friend in return.

Syena nickered, tossing her head as she noticed Tanis.

"Easy, girl. It's just another elf."

Then I noticed it. There was something different about him...like he was only partially there...

He's only half elf. No matter. A kind heart is a kind heart, and he certainly had that.
"Neglect not the gift that is in thee, which was given thee by prophecy, with the laying on of the hands of the presbytery." Timothy 4:14 KJV

66 Reviews

Reviews: 66
Sun Dec 09, 2007 6:42 am
sylverdawn says...

<Rain>

I took a swig of water from her canteen, and poured the rest over my head to cool myself down. Fire soared near the treetops, his small shadow flitting over the ground around me. Carefully I hopped to another stone along the river. Suddenly Fire bolted towards me, landing on my shoulder he wrapped his tail tightly around my throat.

"Rain, look, there are elves here. His mind voice echoed in my head.

Shifting the weight of my pack from one shoulder to the other. I glared at the small dragon. "No shit, sherlock. This IS a forest, elves USUALLY hang around in them."

Fire glared right back his whirling jewel colored eyes seeing straight to my soul. [/i]"Not THOSE elves, these are travellers, and they smell of blood."[i]

"Hehh?" I looked downstream, I could see the pair standing near the waters edge, one of the elves was a boy, the other a girl. Curious, I jumped to shore and slipped closer to hear what they were talking about.

377 Reviews

Reviews: 377
Sun Dec 09, 2007 8:12 am
seeminglymeaningless says...

<Kahlak'tisht>

Kahlak'tisht roared his challenge. His opponent Ti'kn'ahk'n roared back equally loud.

Someone in the roadside inn laughed. Money exchanged hands; Kahlak heard the tinkling, and bared his teeth at Ti'kn, hoping to raise the bets on his side.

Ti'kn lunged forward, and swiped at Kahlak's neck - every orc's natural weak spot. As if anticipating the move, Kahlak bent backwards, one of his big clawed feet bashing the other orc's jaw, as Kahlak completed the blackflip.

The crowd booed.

Out of the corner of his eye, Kahlak watched jugs of mead circulate the room, and he actually drooled.

He singled almost imperceptibly to Ti'kn, with a half-drooped eyelid that mirrored a wink.

Ti'kn'ahk'n, in response, tackled Kahlak'tisht around the waist, the two orc's landing on a wooden table. One table leg promptly snapped under their combined weight, and they both ended up sprawled on the floor.

A quick tussle insured, resulting in Kahlak on top.

Ti'kn struggled convincingly, but Kahlak would not be budged.

"Kahlak wins!" The innkeeper cried out, and the customers (depending on if they were on the winning side or the losing side) cheered, and the two orcs were quickly forgotten as plump tavern wenches began to serve dinner.

"Gerroff me." Ti'kn'ahk'n grumbled, and Kahlak'tisht complied, rolling nimbly to his feet.

The innkeeper approached the burly pair, and said for their ears alone, "Nicely done, boys."

He glanced quickly around before producing them both with identical leather bags of coins. Kahlak weighed his expertly in his hand, and nodded.

Ti'kn rolled his eyes at Kahlak as the innkeeper walked away, "Next time I get to win."
I have an approximate knowledge of many things.

41 Reviews

Sun Dec 09, 2007 5:17 pm
Layleun says...

Arastone laugh as she rounded another corner. She spread her wings out as far as they could go and tilted so she just skimmed the side of the canyon. Below the forest stretched as far as she could see, the streams and brooks bubbling in unison underneath her. She placed her feet on the rock and pushed off, wings folded behind her. Arastone caught herself just in time as a small dragon hung right, missing the collision point with her. Flapping her wings several time Arastone regained her balance to see the dragon spiral around to come back.

The little thing was about the size of a large falcon, big enough to do some damage.

"I'm really sorry..." Arastone shouted above the wind but the dragon flew at her again, silencing her.

It came around again and stopped close to her ear, "I was listening, you dolt. Be more careful when blood elves are around."

Arastone drew her eyebrows together and whispered, "Where?"

The dragon pointed its tail below. Arastone nodded as it flew down without a sound. She followed, attempting to be equally quiet. She landed on a branch and quickly moved back towards the trunk. The dragon was next the her feet. It pointed towards a shadow in the bushes. Must be its friend, she concluded and started listening intently.

41 Reviews

Sun Dec 09, 2007 8:05 pm
Billy says...

Name: Dakto Taos

Race: Stormlord

Appearance: Almost seven feet tall, average for his race, with shoulder length gold hair, blue-green eyes and extremely pale skin. He wears a leather vest over a white shirt, black pants and leather boots.

Bio: Left his home in Cloud City, finding the regimented society of the Stormlords stifling. He adventures for the hell of it, championing whatever cause fits his mood, though generally one in service of a greater good.

Personality: Is fairly arrogant, owing to his abilities, which while not fully develoed are still considerable. However, he is still fairly friendly, though at first untrusting, and is both loyal and stubborn.

Weapons/Armour: Twin Rapiers and magic/Breastplate

Magic: Control of Weather, able to channel lightnig through his body
He had decided to live forever or die in the attempt. - Yossarian, Catch-22

Wide-eyed stupid.

If you're gonna rule the world, you've gotta get up early! - Joel S. Dickens

The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.
— Mark Twain