z

Young Writers Society

Magic vs Science

280 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 280
Tue Nov 20, 2007 1:40 am
Nutty says...

Okay- there's a rivalry between fantasy and sci-fi. So I thought, why not a storybook?

Set on a future-based world, there are two main fractions- magic and technology users. Long the two superpowers have struggled for control of the land-originally magic had the upper hand, but science has evolved to have a equal chance at ruling. Allied with the magic users are the magic based creatures- dragons and unicorns and the like- yet technology has developed andriods, mech warriors and anything else you can come up with.

You can choose a side, create a character, and take it where ever from there- full on war, ambushes, negotiations assasinations- whatever you like.

Rules
No god-moding
One character per person
You can be human, creature andriod or mech- whatever you can come up with.
If your character dies (as this is a war after all) you can generate another one.
Magic users cannot control the universe- please don't make 'perfect' characters.
Tech users cannot blow up the planet. haha.

Profile: Saera
Race: human
Alliance: Magic
Class: druid (nature based magic)
Appearance: Tall, slim, wears green robes. Dark eyes, Fair hair.
Personality: thoughtful, philosophical. Tends to like to help people, and possesses healing magic through the use of herbs and natural magic.
It's not easy having a good time. Even smiling makes my face ache.

110 Reviews

Reviews: 110
Tue Nov 20, 2007 1:58 am
TNCowgirl says...

Profile: Kele (Kyle)
Race: Vampire
Class: Druid (nature)
Appearance:
Personality: Quite, sweet, doesn't normally get close to people.
"And you wonder why we don't like you!" -Trumpkin
Vist my world and make it bigger!
Want a Readers crit???

164 Reviews

Reviews: 164
Tue Nov 20, 2007 2:10 am
AyumiGosu17 says...

Profile: Anneliese (Annie, for short)
Race: dragon
Age: 65 (about 18 in dragon years), looks 18 in elf form
Class: Pyro (fire and dark-related magic)
Appearance: Dragon: tall and muscular, deep maroon wings and accents against a creme body, blue eyes; Elf-form (yes, she can transform into an elf): about 5'8", slender but curvy and strong, waist length wavy red hair and blue eyes
Personality: Usually wise beyond her years. She can get technical, but she knows how to relax and act young. She is easy to get along with if you don't annoy her.
Last edited by AyumiGosu17 on Tue Nov 20, 2007 2:38 am, edited 1 time in total.

116 Reviews

Reviews: 116
Tue Nov 20, 2007 2:22 am
Maybe says...

Name: Raskar
Nickname: Ras (Raz, like Taz)
Race: Human
Class: Necromancer (Black magic or death related spells)
Appearance: Short, shaggy black hair and intelligent gray eyes. Wears dark clothing and a black cloak with a hood. His facial features are sharp and precise.
Personality: Intelligent, introverted, witty, secretive, suspicious, wary, cunning, and charming. He delights in knowing what ticks people off and what makes them happy. He hates crowds of people and doesnt take well to strangers until they prove to him they can be trusted.
Other: He's a people reader. He can tell when someone's happy, mad, ticked, annoyed, etc. even with the most skilled at hiding their emotions.
Be the cartoon heart. Light a fire, light a spark. Light a fire, flame in my heart. We'll run wild, we'll be glowing in the dark.

26 Reviews

Reviews: 26
Tue Nov 20, 2007 2:43 am
sasquash says...

This looks fun.

Name:Slade 'Slaughterhouse' James

Race:Avian

Alliance:Magic

Class:Assasin

Appearace: http://croaky.deviantart.com/art/Death-Angel-15196954

Personality:Secrative. He keeps to himself, except his closest friends.

Background: He was born a scientists son. They experimented on him to make him what he was. Out of his hatred for what they did to him, he ran away, and became an assasin for the magic users and mages.
It's ok to be a kid sometimes,

it's what keeps old people young

and young people growing!

270 Reviews

Reviews: 270
Tue Nov 20, 2007 3:01 am
Alice says...

Name:Ayla "sparkle" Kyle

Race:Avian

Alliance:Magic

Class:Spy

Personality:Flitty, very hyper, but still keeps her secrets to herself

Backround: was found when she was four all alone with a simple ID taken in by a scientist who turned her into an Avian, was told there was another like her, ran away to find him. (Hasn't yet)
I just lost the game.

280 Reviews

Supporter

Tue Nov 20, 2007 3:06 am
Nutty says...

The way it's going, it looks like a magic vs generic general tech side... unless we get some science characters, it looks like we'll all be working together against technology :p

164 Reviews

Tue Nov 20, 2007 3:08 am
AyumiGosu17 says...

*Which would be fine, make up things as we go! XD Lol.*

16 Reviews

Reviews: 16
Tue Nov 20, 2007 6:40 am
Phindin says...

(Sorry to rain on your parade. =P)

Name: General Fredrick Axel

Race: Human

Alliance: Tech

Class: General, I would assume.

Appearance: Tall, broad and daunting. Stands a head taller than most people, with a face like carved stone. Slate gray eyes, thick jaw, evenly trimmed black hair and a short beard. Favors heavy black jackets and enormous boots.

Personality: Cold. Calculating. No-nonsense. Unshakable, composed, skilled and intelligent.
"Buy, buy, buy, buy; sell, sell, sell
How well you've learned to not discern;
Who's foe and who is friend,
We'll own them all in the end."

280 Reviews

Supporter

Tue Nov 20, 2007 9:11 am
Nutty says...

**well, I'm never one to wait round too long, and we have a reasonable number to start with**

Saera wandered through the trees, glancing around her warily. She was tired, but since she was the head healer for her encampment, rest was short and far between. She glanced at the basket slung over her arm. It was half full, but she knew it would never be enough. The herbs that she used in her medications were becoming more rare, after heavy harvesting.
A lot of people had been hurt.
Twittering overhead made Saera's head shoot up. "Not again..."
Dropping her basket, she turned back towards the forest encampment. They were attacking again.

2631 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 2631
Tue Nov 20, 2007 3:35 pm
Rydia says...

I'm with Phindin. Besides, it's much more fun to be with the minority...

Name= Mishca
Gender= Female
Age= 24
Alliance= Technology
Race= Human experiment.
History= Her appearance is slightly warped from many years of experimentation. At the age of four she was diagnosed with a life threatening disease but technology saved her life. At first it was just a new set of lungs and some extra wires to the heart so she would live. Then a few days later a new stomach had to be manufactured and at the age of seven she lost her leg in a climbing accident and fratured two ribs. Again she was taken to the hospital and they created new parts for her. Mishca was an adventurous girl but her active spirit was condemned to a frail body so many more accidents and operations followed.
Appearance= Her eyes are a forget-me-not blue, her skin a creamy peach and her hair a vibrant red. A patch of her forehead is made of a dark red metal disguised by a layer of artificial flesh from when she fell off a horse and had to have part of her brain and face re-calibrated. One of her legs from the thigh down is artificial. Her right hand has three artificial fingers which are a slightly darker shade than her skin so she tends to wear gloves. The elbow of her left arm is artificial and a large chunk of her waist is pure metal. From a distance and even pretty close up it looks completely normal but it doesn't feel quite right.
Class= Inteligence and spy.
Personality= Friendly, bubbly, adventurous, sweet and very grateful for her chance to be alive.
Other= Mishca is currently pretending to be a magic user. With the help of a flame thrower that is built into her right arm, she is able to apparently shoot fire. Also, she has many guns and pieces of technology such as various pieces of jewelery with in built explosives, a pair of earings that allow her to communicate with others and some more that I will reveal later. Mishca has no need to drink and she rarely sleeps. She does however need to eat specially manufactured food that fuels her body and carries lots around hwith her. It looks like ordinary food but is essential to keeping her alive and can kill humans and mythical creatures if they eat it.
Weaknesses= Mishca is quite an emotional person and she makes friends quickly and is finding it hard to remain distant to the magic users. And water can damage the technology that keeps her alive - she can touch it and she can bathe in it but she can only drink very small amounts.
Writing Gooder

~Previously KittyKatSparklesExplosion15~

The light shines brightest in the darkest places.

164 Reviews

Tue Nov 20, 2007 4:04 pm
AyumiGosu17 says...

Annie

I could smell the blood. I could hear the commotion. People were under attack, again.

I roared, diving from my glide with suck speed, I could feel the air whip away from my body and pass over my wings, carrying me quickly towards the battle, towards the people, towards the ground...

A single woman ran through the forest, a basket on her arm, as the nearby camp was ravaged by technology.

Not again! No more of my allies will die! I snarled, belching a thick ball of white-hot flame at the enemies.

280 Reviews

Supporter

Tue Nov 20, 2007 9:54 pm
Nutty says...

Wind buffeted the trees, and Saera raised her head to see a shape fly above her, roaring and belching flame. Dragons. What would we do without them?
Saera dashed through the trees, to find the village in chaos. Humans, elves, mythical beasts ran throughout the roads, some dousing fires, some gathering weapons. Saera stopped on young boy, and asked what was going on.
"They dropped fire on us! we've been attacked and the lookouts have spotted more mechs. Please, lady I must go!" Saera let go of the boy's arm, and he rushed off.
Dashing to her tent, made of woven living plants and vines, Saera was relieved to find it intact. She reached into the corner beside her sleeping mat and pulled out her battle staff, before running off between the tents. She was drawing closer to the town centre when a machine burst out of the undergrowth. It was two metres tall, made out of a strange metal and armed with huge guns. "To me!" Saera cried, hoping to draw the battle mages closer.

169 Reviews

Reviews: 169
Tue Nov 20, 2007 10:25 pm
Lethero says...

*Guess I'll join since I promised.*
Name: Lethero (what else)
Alliance: Neutral
Magic: Used water based magic.
Appearance: Stays in Werewolf form of own choice. Looks like my Avatar on the left.
History: Learned his style of magic from Nymphs. Stays to himself. Is a fercious fighter.
Fly, Fight, Win . . . in Air, Space, and Cyberspace.
-Air Force Mission Statement-

Integrity First
Service Before Self
Excellence In All We Do
~Air Force Core Values~

*Lethero*

185 Reviews

Reviews: 185
Wed Nov 21, 2007 12:54 am
piepiemann22 says...

(I'm in.)

Name- Garrick

Age- 23

Appearance- www.creativeuncut.com/wp/ff8wp-01.jpg

Weapon- www.gamelifestyle.co.uk/images/DC71350lg.jpg Gun blades Rule!

Alliance- Hired hand. All he wants is for the war to end. Who ever's goals fit him best.

Personality- Serious. He just doesn't know when to lighten up. He always thinks to deeply and dislikes jittery people.

Magic- Not much. He grew up with technology but liked the magical a past arts. He learned to block magic with his sword as long as his will holds out. Also, he can preform rituals with the offering of blood.
I will always fight back, no matter what.

Owning our story can be hard but not nearly as difficult as spending our lives running from it. Embracing our vulnerabilities is risky but not nearly as dangerous as giving up on love and belonging and joy—the experiences that make us the most vulnerable. Only when we are brave enough to explore the darkness will we discover the infinite power of our light.
— Brené Brown