z

Young Writers Society

Jurassic Park

141 Reviews

Reviews: 141
Sun Nov 04, 2007 10:15 pm
MadHatter says...

Okay, this storybooks about the Jurassic Park world after the movies ended.

The year is 2009. The world has still to decide what to do with the dinosaurs. Those dinosaurs that can fly of swim for great distances have left the island and are now growing in numbers on the coast, but are kept under controlled. But a new "John Hammond" has gotten the idea of making a Jurassic Park II. One where there'd be no velicorapters or predators to escape and create hell. Suprisingly the goverment has okayed this crack-pot idea, but under the condition he gets one hundred paleontologist, zoologists, and animal hunters to approve it once it's done. This means an entire island inspection.

This is where you come in. Jurassic Park II is done. But unfortunately for you, you have no idea that two years before a ship that was supposed to be carrying herbivores from the orginal island to Jurassic Park II, unknowingly had raptor stowaways. They immediately escaped into the jungle, but are breeding quickly. Ivan McDavis, the creator of JII, is stupid enough to think that it's no big deal. He'll soon find out he's dead wrong.

Okay, the rules

RULES
~ You can use the orginal characters from the movie, but you have to find a logical reason why they'd want to go back to the island that they almost died on.

~ NO ALIENS, VAMPIRES, OR ANY OTHER CREATURES OF FANTASY. THIS AN EARTH WITH DINOSAURS YES, BUT IT'S STILL EARTH. HUMANS ONLY.

~ No God Modding

~ No endless ammo or huge guns that magically appear. Keep this realistic

~ No super powers

~ If you feel like dropping out, you can have a dinosaur eat you, or something like that

~ Use a profile please

Name: John Granger

Reason he's coming to JII: He's one of the worlds top dinousaur hunters. (A job created for keeping dinosaur numbers down.)

Bio: A close friend of Alan Grant, he was always interested in Jurassic Park and what animals were there. He now wishes he hadn't known Alan, for he dislikes the horrific things he himself witnessed when he lead the first Velicorapter hunt.
Voldemort: You kids! If I ever find out who's calling I will tell the wizard law and you will go to wizard jail and then I'll kill you!

Harry Potter Puppet Pals - Wizard Swears

164 Reviews

Reviews: 164
Sun Nov 04, 2007 10:35 pm
AyumiGosu17 says...

Aw, dude! Awesome!!! Jurassic Park rocks!

Name: Adrianne Perdue (Ah-dree-AHN Per-DUE) AKA Adri (Ah-dree)

Reason she's coming to JII: She's a biologist, an artist, a photographer, and a writer. Dinosaurs are only her favorite non-mythical subjects! (In other words: she's here to study the island.)

Bio: One of the many young scientists to attend Alan Grant's many lectures, she has put her talents with art and cameras to studying dinosaurs in the real world. She is 5'8", athletically built, and has blonde hair that she always has pulled back in a ponytail. She is not afraid of most risks or camping in the middle of nowhere on an island with the most dangerous creatures on the planet. She is a tracker and knows how to survive in the forests.

141 Reviews

Sun Nov 04, 2007 10:45 pm
MadHatter says...

John tossed and turned in his bed, his dreams haunted by the raptors. In his dream, he stood in the same small building he had been on the day the raptors killed half his men. He looked down at the bodies. Each had the head of a raptor slowly saying his name.

"John, John, John, we will get you." He looked behind him to see the velicorapter that had caused him so much pain. She was huge and muscular. Her blue skin rippled in the sun light. John began to freeze. The raptor readied to pounce and sprang forward. Just before the raptor bit his head off, he woke up.

"AHHHH!" He nearly fell off his bed.

"What is it honey, it's three in the morning."

"The raptor...she almost had me again. Those damn lizards..."

"It's okay. They're all dead. You killed them."

"Oh they're not dead. They're still out there. Plenty of them." RRIINNGG! John jumped at the sound of the phone. He reached over to his bedside table and answered it.

"Hello?"

"Hello, John. This is Ivan. Yeah, how soon can you get to Kiazwaski?"

"Why? I mean, you said J2 would take at least another two years to complete."

"Oh, but we did it sooner. I think you're going to like it here."

"No velicoraptors right?"

"Nope, only a lonley, half dead T-Rex that's so old it barley moves."

"I'll go, I guess." John half-spoke, half-yawned.

"If you can, get Alan."

"Like he'd come. He's never want's to see another living dinosaur in his life. Neither do I, but if I have to, I will."
Voldemort: You kids! If I ever find out who's calling I will tell the wizard law and you will go to wizard jail and then I'll kill you!

141 Reviews

Sun Nov 04, 2007 11:52 pm
MadHatter says...

(Next Day)

Jack quickly packed his bags and headed off for the plane that would take him to JII. He dreaded and loved this moment. Dinosaurs were fantastic creatures, in the right conditions. What Alan had told him about the original Jurassic Park was horrible. He wondered why in the heck would anyone be stupid enough to want to build another one?

As he arrived at the airport, he noted the travel ads to book your trips now for JII. If you wanted to see dinosaurs you could just go to Chile where they had an imported Triceratops exhibit.

"God...nobody ever learns."

694 Reviews

Reviews: 694
Mon Nov 05, 2007 12:40 am
Via says...

Name: Shawn Granger

Reason she's coming to JII: She is traveling there with her father, John Granger.

Bio: Shawn has always been interested in dinosaurs, following in the footsteps of her father. She plans on studying them in the future and has taken this opportunity to know them first hand.
My Literary and Arts Blog

"I think I'd miss you even if we'd never met." -The Wedding Date

141 Reviews

Mon Nov 05, 2007 12:50 am
MadHatter says...

(Um...I didn't say anyone was with me, but I'll pretend like I just didn't notice her at the time.)

"So, how yah' feeling Shawn? Nervous?" John laughed at her as they boarded the plane. "You're finally going to see some dinosaurs."

"You don't have to talk to me like I'm a baby. I can handle myself."

"Ha. But, it's not like there's any real danger. I mean, there's no predators on the island."

"But that's the thing. I don't like how they created a place with no predators. Over population and starvation are just minor difficulties these animals will face. Nature always has a of thinning the numbers, and I don't mean lack of food."

164 Reviews

Mon Nov 05, 2007 12:56 am
AyumiGosu17 says...

Adri

I had never expected them to call me, a girl just out of college with only life in the boondocks as wilderness experience.

"Hello?" I answered, timid after not reckognizing the name on the ID.

"Yes, is this Adrianne Perdue?"

"Yes? May I ask who's calling?"

"Yes, and I'll gladly tell you. I'm a secretary from Kiazwaski. We got your information from a list of students that often heard Alan Grant speak about dinosaurs. You seem to be dedicated to paleontology, since your name has appeared at least seven times. Would you be interested in joining a group of scientists and hunters on JII? We're trying to study the park and how things turn out before opening it to crowds."

My heart stopped beating. "On JII? Seriously?!"

"You sound excited."

"I am! Why, this - this is amazing! Out of everyone, why would you choose me?"

"You appear reliable and suitable. An artist, a writer, a photographer...we could really use you, Miss Perdue."

I bit my lip, trying not to squeal. "When do I start? When should I meet you? Where should I meet you?"

The secretary chuckled. "Calm down. We'll tell you soon enough. Expect a call back in a couple of days' time. Thank you."

"Thank you!"

She hung up, and I screamed.

694 Reviews

Mon Nov 05, 2007 1:00 am
Via says...

Shawn glanced to her father, smiling some...excited but mostly just anxious to be there already. She hadn't spent too much time with her dad in the past couple years, between his adventures and her's they were hardly even in the same place at the same time to begin with.

"It will be fun, and I brought so many rolls of film it's not even funny."

She patted her bag like they were all in there, which some were...but most were in her checked bag. She was a big photography person, for her pictures were a way of life. But she had never had the opportunity to go to a place like this, to take a picture of a real dinosaur.

141 Reviews

Mon Nov 05, 2007 1:11 am
MadHatter says...

"Quick honey, look out the window!" John pointed to a flock of Pteradon's flying just twenty five feet or so from the plane.

"Oh my god...there beautiful..." She quickly pulled out her camera. She began giggling like a child who just got a new toy.

"Ah the innocence of knowledge, or the lack of." John thought to himself. Yes they looked beautiful out there, but he remembered how one of the those bitches made off with his partner. In his mind, JII shouldn't be open. Dinosaur and man were not to live together. The world should either kill them all, or make sure they stayed on their goddamn island.

"They look like birds."

"Yeah, but they sure don't smell like them." John laughed. Shawn gave him a disgusting look.

"Can't you treat these magestic creatures with respect? All you care about is how fast you can kill one, or what it can do to the human body."

"How many times do we have these talks. You know nothing about them until your face to face with them in the stinking jungle fighting for you life. Then you now a real dinosaur. Thet're not the Barney our world thinks they are. They're fighting, viscous monsters." A flight attendant came over to they're seat.

"Can you please keep it down?"

694 Reviews

Mon Nov 05, 2007 2:35 am
Via says...

"Frankly Barney scares me much more than the real dinosaurs do."

She took another picture out the window and turned back to her father, with a desperate look, "Can you please just stop being so cynical? We're here to have a good time; be happy for once."

Her brows were lifted hopelessly above her blue eyes, pleading with her father not to ruin this for her.

110 Reviews

Reviews: 110
Mon Nov 05, 2007 2:51 am
TNCowgirl says...

Name: Tristian "Cedar" Breeze

Reason he's coming to JII: He's one of the worlds better dinousaur hunters. Has learned by watching John

Apperance: He is a very very muscular guy, that is why he is called Cedar. He is tall and very broad shouldered, he has a scar from the base of his neck going up about two inches up his face, right next to his ear lobe. It doesn't harm his looks but he doesn't like it. He has sharp green eyes and a very tan complection

Bio: A friend of this father's brought him to the park, said he would love it and it would get his mind off his dead family. He is a quite man, and is very disisive, he always wears a cowboy hat covering his face and scar, he is a very kind guy and is very lovible if you can get through the mean exterior

"Cedar, your gonna love it here, no preditor dinosuars to deal with and it is peaceful and just plain great." Cedar's father's friend said smiling, Cedar had been on the island for a day and was already loving it. He watched as a plane circled around and landed, "Ah, here is the best part, I thought you might be surprised."

Cedar looked at the plane, what would it hold that would be a 'surprise'. He wasn't very talkative and liked to take things in to account before saying something. He watched a girl about 16 step off the plane. He looked at her under his had and smiled, she was deffinatly a Granger, but that could mean just one thing. He saw John Granger step off behind her and he's jaw about dropped but he didn't let it. THis was certainly a suprise, and he hadn't known about it either. He had always wanted to talk to this man but had only talked to him once, and that was when they ended up fighting a group of raptors together. That hadn't been a good meeting. He pulled his black slicker around his shoulders against the wind that blew and followed his father's friend to the plane to greet the new comers.
"And you wonder why we don't like you!" -Trumpkin
Vist my world and make it bigger!
Want a Readers crit???

164 Reviews

Mon Nov 05, 2007 7:07 pm
AyumiGosu17 says...

Adri

I had been silent the whole trip, containing my bursting excitement. I had not been a nuisance, much less a notice, on the entire plane. I wasn't surprised to see the attendant stammer when they dismissed everyone, bidding them farewell personally.

I had only a thick, one-shoulder back pack and a camera bag with me. Everything I needed - clothes, water, a tent, a book on plants and animals of the jungle, and my art tools - were secure in the many compartments of my bag. A long knife hung from my belt, a pistol in a holster on my hip.

I just stood to the side as a man in a cowboy hat greeted my fellow passengers. It was obvious they knew each other; I couldn't get in the way of their reunion.

141 Reviews

Mon Nov 05, 2007 8:18 pm
MadHatter says...

John smiled as he saw the Cedar. "Shawn, this is one of the only survivors of one of my earlier endevours to the original Jurassic Park, Tristan Cedar Breeze. You'd like him. He's not so cynical." John, remembering their agrument stormed off. "I'll see you later Tristan."

"What's got him?"

"Oh...he's just mad that I love dinosaurs."

"You'd be suprised how much he really does love dinosaurs. He just has a different outlook on them. But it is true. They're much different when they're hungry. Now c'mon. Ivan want's to talk to you two."

694 Reviews

Mon Nov 05, 2007 8:37 pm
Via says...

Shawn hung her camera around her neck and held the strap of her backpack, looking around the island as she walked with Cedar. Tall trees, dirt roads, things were beautiful here. She snapped just a few photos and dropped her camera again.

"So, where are we staying?"

141 Reviews

Mon Nov 05, 2007 8:57 pm
MadHatter says...

"Over in that building." John answered. He had been waiting for them just up ahead. He pointed towards a large beautiful building. The top of it was decorated with models of the dinosaurs that lived the park.

"Wow...when do we get to see the animals?"

"Right now if you want." A Jurassic Park Jeep pulled up to the group. A tall man with a long black beard got out.

"Ah...Ivan. How good to see you again."

"I see you brought your daughter. Well, if you get into the jeep, the tour can start."

There is a difference between being poor and being broke: broke is temporary; poor is eternal.
— Robert Kiyosaki