z

Young Writers Society

The Other Side

Random avatar

Reviews: 2
Wed Mar 30, 2005 3:05 pm
Lauren1 says...

Me and my cousin Jamie were bored, we decided to leave grans house. As we crept towards the door we heard her snore, we knew then that this was going to be easy. Just before we left the house i heard the clock chime, i saw it was 3:00 am. We snuck out quietly closing the door behind us. As we walked down the long gloomy path way i heard many creepy noises coming from bushes. We hurried along until we came to a fence, we climbed over the fence into the field. "Look up there Tara, look" Jamie pointed out a tall old house, gran had told us her best friends used to live in that house, until they moved out, no one ever knew why. The skyline was grim and the fields surrounding us were quivvering. As we got a little closer we could see there was a small wood between the fields and the house. The woods crashing through the darkness. We trembled as we walked through the woods, nothing much happened, it was too dark to see anything other than a small light coming from the house, and the moon light peeping through the tall trees. On the other side of the woods it seemed motionless. I remembered the winds stampeding the fields on the other side but this was the complete opposite.

Random avatar

Reviews: 241
Fri Apr 08, 2005 9:09 pm
Harley says...

We had made it about halfway through the woods, when I heard a noise. It was like a sigh, but not human. Whatever it was, it was dying, that's for sure. I took James by the arm and led him to the patch of dim orangey glow the light from the house had cast upon the ground. In the space where we had stood, a deer stumbled and fell. It's chest rose slowly, and then fell. For the last ever time. I approahed the creature, tears welling in my eyes as I looked at it's closed ones. I wasn't paying attention to James. I wasn't keeping an eye on him like I should have been. I never saw him go into that house. I wasn't sure I'd ever see him again.

Meet me in Montauk.
— Charlie Kaufman