z

Young Writers Society

Who Done It?

13 Reviews

Reviews: 13
Sat Oct 06, 2007 10:01 am
frenchpastry says...

I have no idea what compeled me to do this, however, I do believe it stemmed from my unhealthy obsession with the game Clue. I can't be held responsible for this piece of nonsense either, seeing as it is 5 AM in the morning, and I am highly sleep deprived. There is also the fact that I am speaking like a weird Englishman or something.

Basically, there is my character, who is not the murder, but gasp! He knows who the murderer is.

Anyone can be the murderer, or a victim, or a witness, or well, anyone! Maybe even a suspect. This CAN be held at a mansion. ;) There could be a will for one of the dead peeps and everything! Ahem, yeah. I am obviously very sleep deprvied and Clue-obsessed.

Also, I completely understand if nobody joins this, heh.
Last edited by frenchpastry on Sat Oct 06, 2007 10:03 am, edited 1 time in total.
"The greatest thing you'll ever learn is just to love and be loved in return." ^_^

13 Reviews

Sat Oct 06, 2007 10:01 am
frenchpastry says...

St. Angela Times

On October 3rd, 2007, two female bodies were found at the bottom of Lake Angela, TX. The bodies were later identified as Kara Whitney (25) and Diane Prestido (21). As of now, there is no further information regarding the investigation, though it has been speculated that this may only be the beginning of many...

Harold tossed the paper on the desk, sighing. He then took off his glasses and rubbed at his weary eyes. If only someone really knew. If only he could tell somebody.

Because Harold Keely knew who the murderer was, and there was absolutely nothing he could do about it.
"The greatest thing you'll ever learn is just to love and be loved in return." ^_^

820 Reviews

Reviews: 820
Sat Oct 06, 2007 10:55 am
Myth says...

[I'm interested in join. Do we need to have our own characters, with profiles, or can we also play other players characters? Could we also have a more detailed layout, doesn't have to be much, but a setting would be helpful--like which country is it in?]
.: ₪ :.

'...'

2631 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 2631
Sat Oct 06, 2007 1:47 pm
Rydia says...

This looks interesting! I want my character to be one of the suspects (and perhaps even the murderer? Who knows! Well, other than Harold of course. Lol.) Anyway, here's a profile -

Name= Natalie Blade

Age= 29

Hair= Long and golden blond, often worn in a plait down to her waist.

Eyes= Pale green.

Figure= Tall with an athletic build.

Personality= Very quiet and observant. If talked to, she speaks back but her responses seem to be automatic and lacking in any real emotion.

Alibi= None.
Writing Gooder

~Previously KittyKatSparklesExplosion15~

The light shines brightest in the darkest places.

13 Reviews

Sat Oct 06, 2007 6:50 pm
frenchpastry says...

Oh yeah, sorry. It totaly slipped my mind last night. I'm definently thinking this should take place in London, England (rainy night, eh?). It will probably have a bunch of different settings too, the mansion being one. Maybe even a random street where someone will be killed? But yes, there will be a will, and everyone will gathet at the mansion.

As for characters, you must make your own with a profile. You can play other players characters if need be, but be careful so that it sticks to that character's personality. Basically, don't make that person say something that he/she usually wouldn't say.

I'm glad you guys joined! ;)

110 Reviews

Reviews: 110
Sat Oct 06, 2007 9:53 pm
TNCowgirl says...

You said the dead girls were from Texas though, I like that cause I can talk southern and it fits :D

Name= Colt Ryder

Age= 25

Hair= Brown, short army cut

Eyes= deep blue

Figure= Tall with an muscular build.

Personality= Shy, doesn't like to talk and isn't a ladys man (doesn't mean that can't change :P) He is careful of what he says and how he says it. He doesn't like giving away any more information about him or his past then he needs to.

Alibi= None.
Last edited by TNCowgirl on Sat Oct 06, 2007 10:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"And you wonder why we don't like you!" -Trumpkin
Vist my world and make it bigger!
Want a Readers crit???

820 Reviews

Reviews: 820
Sat Oct 06, 2007 10:10 pm
Myth says...

[It is rather strange for it to take place in London yet the girls end up in Texas? Maybe they end up in the River Thames?]

.:

Name — Joss Beacon

Age — 21

Hair — Brown, just below her shoulders

Eyes — Brown

Figure — Average

Personality — Gets bored easily if there is nothing to do, which causes her to be irritable, but is always willing to listen to others--even if she doesn't agree with them.

Alibi — None, as of yet.
.: ₪ :.

'...'

13 Reviews

Sat Oct 06, 2007 10:36 pm
frenchpastry says...

Whew, you guys are completely right! I guess this WILL take place in Texas. Darn. Sorry this story is so all over the place!

110 Reviews

Sat Oct 06, 2007 10:46 pm
TNCowgirl says...

* put the name up, just noticed i didn't have one*

Colt walked around the ranch he worked on, two of his good friends had been killed. One he was even about to ask out. He pushed that thought out of his mind. He would be asked questions, he had to think, he had no alibi that he knew of. But he didn't kill them, he wouldn't, he couldn't. He loved them both, they were like sisters, sisters he didn't have. THey were the only two people that had ever been able to get close to him. And if he ever got ahold of their killer he would polverise him.

"Colt, I've never seen this place cleaner, you've been working none stop for the past day. YOu need a break." His boss said walking up,

"Naw, I'm fine, Sir." He said looking at the man. He towered over him but a foot or two.

"Fine, boy you are anything but fine. I know how much those gals meant to you. Acctually they seemed to be the only people close to you. I have a house, in the moutians, *Yes, there are moutians in Texas :D * go stay there, take a break, if you take care of the horses that are up there I'll keep your pay coming." Colt was about to protest. "I can find someone to take your place while you are taking a break, just go rest."
Want a Readers crit???

661 Reviews

Reviews: 661
Wed Oct 10, 2007 8:07 pm
Jasmine Hart says...

I'd like my character to be a suspect too, if that's ok.

Name: Sharon Coffey

Hair:Black and wiry, cut in choppy layers, hangs limply just below her
shoulders, and it often flops in front of her right eye.

Eyes:Large and grey, framed by long, thick black eyelashes and large
rectangular glasses with a bright red frame.

Figure: Small and of medium weight, not skinny, not fat.

Personality: Tends towards obsession, stubbourn, determined, gets hung
up on small details in a manner which may often be called
irrational, and will never admit to being wrong. She is focused
and passionate, and her good opinion, once won, is not
easily lost.

Alibi: None (at the moment...)
"Just like moons and like suns,
With the certainty of tides,
Just like hopes springing high,
Still I'll rise."
-Maya Angelou

2631 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 2631
Thu Oct 11, 2007 10:20 am
Rydia says...

Natalie

I ran a brush through my long, golden hair, systematically removing all the knots and tangles of the past day before laying the tool down, exactly parallel with the edge of the dressing table. Then I applied my make up; soft, pastel shades to enhance my natural beauty and a dash of mascara for those extra long lashes. The phone rang. I smoothed a crease from my white, satin shirt and added a light spray of perfume. The phone rang again. I stood, turned away from the mirror and crossed to the other side of the hotel room.

"Hello." It was a statement rather than a question but the question of 'who the hell is this?' was implied beneath my flat, emotionless voice.

"Miss Blade?" A husky, masculine voice asked. He sounded professional; important.

"Speaking," I replied.
Writing Gooder

~Previously KittyKatSparklesExplosion15~

The light shines brightest in the darkest places.

661 Reviews

Sat Oct 13, 2007 9:25 am
Jasmine Hart says...

Sharon

I paced agitatedly across the hall, the phone pressed to my ear. "No, that's not what I'm saying at all! What I'm saying is....no! You're not listening to me! No I'm not making a big deal out of this! Look, if you can't see that...of course not! You don't just give up at the first sign of a storm!" I sighed in exasperation. "No, I'm saying that we need to talk about this problem, and then we can move on with our relationship!" I frowned. He was being unreasonable. "Look Tim, how can I ever be serious about someone who leaves milk rings on the kitchen table? If you're careless about that, who knows what else you're careless about?"

He pleaded his defecnce, but it was weak at best.

"Well it matters to me!And if I matter to you, then..." The phone started beeping. Why did everyone want my attention at the same time? "Hang on Tim, I have another call coming through. No we're not finished! This is just like the milk, Tim, just like the milk! You can't just leave things unfinished! I'll call you back in ten minutes. No, I will call you back! Goodbye Tim."
Still I'll rise."
-Maya Angelou

110 Reviews

Sun Oct 14, 2007 6:31 pm
TNCowgirl says...

*Why don't we all go to the house in the mountains, or it could be a resort area, where they all go, would that work?? Alright, I'm gonna give you a little more insite on Colt*

Colt looked at his empty suit case. He did need the break, he tossed some shirts into it. Then his beloved knife collection. He hid them in their capartments and locked them up. He then put in jeans and socks topping it off with his boots. He sighed, this wasn't going to be easy. He sat on his bed and looked at his cell phone. He tossed it in too just in case. He slowly moved to the kitchen as someone knocked on the door. "It isn't locked, come on in." He called grabbing a bottle of water. It was his boss' daughter.

"I heard you were leaving." She said leaning against the wall. He looked her in the eyes and nodded, he hated how she dressed, always so....slutty. He wouldn't look her over like she wanted, at least it seemed, guys too. He wouldn't do that to himself.

"Yea, your dad said I had to." He sighed,

"Oh...I was hoping maybe we could hang out." She said with a fake pout.

"My two best friends just died, Brooke, I don't plan on doing much of anything right now." He said turning away, she was twenty-one, and looked every bit of it.

"Ah, come on Colt, it'll get your mind off them." She smiled walking over to him. Oh how he hated flirting girls, ones that would do anything. He shuttered, maybe that was why he had gotten along so well with Kara and Diane, they were so modest, so down to earth. He smiled at the thought of them laughing at the stupidest jokes. How they were always together. "Colt, did you hear me?" Brooke demanded,

"Huh, oh, I'm fine, I just need time, ALONE." He said walking away again, maybe a ride would do him good, it always did. He would bring a few horses with him, keep them exercised, no there were horses there.

"Come on, Colt." Brooke whinned putting her hand on his shoulder. He spun around and looked her right in the eye.

"No, now please leave me alone, go find yourself a boyfriend and leave me alone." He hissed, he stepped back in surprise, he wasn't one to snap, but when he did he was scary. She left.
Want a Readers crit???

661 Reviews

Fri Dec 14, 2007 11:25 pm
Jasmine Hart says...

Ooops. I totally forgot about this.

Sharon

I punched a couple of buttons on the phone with more force than was neccessary. Tim's call was cut off before he could say another word, and I was greeting the person on the other line.

"Sharon? I've found a good place!"

I smiled. I didn't even need to ask who it was. "Go on."

"It's a b'n'b, up in the mountains. I can drive you up there tommorow. You should be able to get your space from Tim."

I nodded, then realised that my nod couldn't be seen through the phoneline. "Thank you so much, Paul. This is just what he needs...the space to realise his flaws. He won't be able to live with himself without me around to distract him, and if he can't live with himself, then how am I supposed to?"

"But Sharon, don't you think..."

"Don't I think he'll have those...women in as soon as I'm gone? No, actually, I don't. Because, as it turns out, I'll need someone here to look after the cats, and my place is closer to his work."

"But couldn't he..."

I laughed. "What he won't konw is that my motehr will be on the doorstep within an hour of his arrival! This is the weekend she's schedualed to visit!"

'But Sharon, won't he just leave, then?"

I frowned. "You haven't met my mother, have you? You try getting away from her!"A smile played around the corners of my lips. "No, he'll be observed well, I promise you. And that way, I'll be free to enjoy my weekend!" I paused, remembering that I needed to call Tim back. "Look, I need to go. Pick me up at eight tommorow?"

"Sure, Sharon."

"Great! Bye now!"
Still I'll rise."
-Maya Angelou

12 Reviews

Reviews: 12
Fri Dec 21, 2007 4:48 am
Kitty says...

Name: Kit Kolen

Hair: Dirty blond, Layered

Eyes: Blue-Green

Figure: Slim and curvy yet muscular.

Personality: Determined, Funny, Courageous, and very serious

Alibi: None at the moment
A room without books is as a body without a soul.
---Cicero

Merry Christmas Yall!!

I always like to look on the optimistic side of life, but I am realistic enough to know that life is a complex matter.
— Walt Disney