z

Young Writers Society

The city of Roku

7 Reviews

Reviews: 7
Mon Oct 01, 2007 4:02 pm
death5614 says...

Okay, the city of Roku is on a world about to collapse, the population is made up of mystical creatures anywhere from centaurs to ogres, all trying to escape the wretched world. But travel to other planets is limited to portals and strange witches and wizards to make them. What will happen? You decide!

Name: Jamel Scorn

Nickname: Scorn

Appearance: Red and black fur, dark red eyes, and large, black claws and big sharp teeth, very scary fellow

History: Was born and raised by a poor family. Ran away from home at the age of 8. Was tought to fight by a rat-man named Jabar.

Personality: Very friendly, but very scary looking. Loves making new friends.

Weapons: Teeth, Claws, and anything he can find on the ground.

As Jamel ran towards the portal, another, older, man pushed him out of the way just as the portal was closing. Jamel was furious! "What the hell man!!! Now how am i suppose to get off this rock?" yelled Jamel.
"Hey watch your mouth, punk! Ill tell your parents!" Replied the old man.
"I'de love to see you try..."
Just as Jamel said those words, around 10 people ran into the shrine.
"Where is the portal?" Said a younger looking boy.
"This dude here just ruined it for all of you!"
"I did not!" Snapped the old man.
"Pah, i dont need this..." Said Jamel, as he ran out of the shrine with a tear in his eye.

110 Reviews

Reviews: 110
Mon Oct 01, 2007 11:48 pm
TNCowgirl says...

Name: Senna

Nickname: Chary (means shy/quiet)

Kind: Shapeshifter

Appearance:Image
Has everything that is in the pic, but the clothes, she has the boots though. Other then that she wears jeans and that top just it covers her stomach all the way. :D

History: No one knows

Personality: Shy, says it all, if her friends, which are few, are in trouble she'll kill for them, even talk up a storm which isn't like her.

Weapons: Knives, her bow and arrows, or anything she can get her hands on.

Senna, better known at Chary was headed towards where a pod was supposed to be. When she opened the door a boy about two to three years younger ran into her.

*Sorry it is short, can't think of anything else*
"And you wonder why we don't like you!" -Trumpkin
Vist my world and make it bigger!
Want a Readers crit???

116 Reviews

Reviews: 116
Tue Oct 02, 2007 12:34 am
Maybe says...

Name: Leira

Nickname: Ariel (Leira spelled backwards. It sounds cooler than her name so she goes by that. XD)

Race: Human/Shapeshifter Mix (Can change into a few things. Will be revealed as the story progreses)

Appearance: Blond hair with natural brown highlights, brown gren eyes (that change color according to her mood; and is backwards. When she's mad or sad, her eyes change to an almost yellow color. When she's happy her eyes are dark brown) She is about 5' 3" and weighs around 100 lbs. She is slim but fit. Wears mismatched and/or rainbow colored clothing.

Personality: Is VERY outgoing and is reckless and witty. She loves playing tricks on people and is always looking for a new joke. is also very dramatic and loves to sing.

History: No one really knows. She's an orphan...but other than that she has no history.

Weapons: Two dagers, two flasks (one filled with poison and the other with a parayzing potion) and a bow and arrows.

*Yay! My alter ego!*
Be the cartoon heart. Light a fire, light a spark. Light a fire, flame in my heart. We'll run wild, we'll be glowing in the dark.

404 Reviews

Reviews: 404
Tue Oct 02, 2007 1:13 am
Gadi. says...

Name: Evil Olive

Race: Wizard

Appearance: Cliche Dumbledore kind of appearance. Uniquenesses: Round, blue earring on both ears, a leather hat that covers his whole head up to those earrings, all his toes on his right foot are missing (burnt), brown-green eyes that can change color by whispering the words "Einzvaim".

Personality: Witty, patient, outgoing, yet someitmes doesn't know the power of his magic.

History: I'll complete this some other time.

Weapons: His hands, and a sword.
my world isn't only beautiful
it is so far away

33 Reviews

Reviews: 33
Tue Oct 02, 2007 1:42 pm
Katharsis says...

Name:
Mae'ar Tystharak

Nickname:
Serpent (He doesn't like the name, though. It just tends to stick.)

What is he:
A Naga.

Appearance:
He has the lean upper body of a pale, ectomorphic human crossed with the lower body of a snake. Adorning his crown is a tangle of straight, black hair that is short and neat, if hacked back and unsymmetric in places.

His lower body is covered in reflective black scales, except for his underbelly, which is a grey, slightly silvery colour. When he moves he is taller than a human of equal age, instead of slithering along the ground, he folds his serpent body over itself and slides in an upright position.

Mae'ar's human features are gaunt, consisting only of sparse sinew and a mildly accentuated skeletal frame. He isn't emaciated though, or undernourished, just thin. His face is sharp, but pleasant, with a light spatter of freckles over his nose and cheeks. Emphatic gold eyes stare out of their deepset sockets indifferently, unmovingly for long periods sometimes, they are reminiscent of a snake's. His tongue is forked, and he has sharp, dripping fangs beyond his beguiling lips.

History:
The Naga are an ancient race, Mae'ar a very new addition to their number. They are immortal, the elixir of life courses through their veins. This makes them a valuable target for the witches, wizards and other enlightened individuals of the world that seek to refine the raw components of the Naga. So despite their immortality, they are reclusive and few in number.

Mae'ar was hatched in a massive network of tunnels beneath the city of Roku. The Naga preserved their home and cultivated subterranean fungi and other food sources for nourishment. They guarded their home, and inadvertently guarded ancient treasures in the depths they dwelt.

When Mae'ar was eleven, treasure hunters came across their lair, ransacked, and destroyed it. Mae'ar fled in the chaos, never to return.

Personality:
Quiet and introverted, Mae'ar is extremely slow to trust. He can be automatically caustic and hostile in relation to others, but is apt to open up when he feels unthreatened, usually when he only has to focus on one person (and their strange, foreign expectations). He has drifted into a world of apathy and anomie, believing he might be the only one left of his community, if not all the Nagas.

Weapons/Equipment:
His fangs and tail serve him well, his human arms being rather flimsy. His bodily assets are his only ones, as he doesn't have a scrap of clothing or a coin of currency to his name.

7 Reviews

Tue Oct 02, 2007 3:50 pm
death5614 says...

As Jamel coninued down the road, he bumped into a young lady.
"Hey watch it!" Replied the girl.
"Sorry sorry!"
"Its ok..."
"Yea im just upset" Said Jamel as he wiped the tears from his eyes.
"Oh, w-whats wrong?" Said the girl.
"Nothing i dont want to talk about it...My name is Jamel by the way!"
"Oh...Mine's Senna..."
"Are you a shy one? I used to be shy but working at a pizza parlor kinda requires some social prowess..."
"I guess..." Said Senna, blushing.
"Oh well i better get going, i have some things to do! Bye."
"Bye"
Jamel walked away, thinking about the old man and how he missed his chance to escape...
Im not as think as you dumb i am...

565 Reviews

Reviews: 565
Tue Oct 02, 2007 3:55 pm
Stori says...

Name: Miran

Type: Demidrake [1/4 dragon]

Looks: red scales, long tail like a wyvern. Has a crest on his head that inflates when he's angry or scared.

Personality: A loner. Mostly lurks on the outskirts. He has a few friends but is slow to trust.
"The one thing you can't trade for your heart's desire is your heart."
Miles Vorkosigan

"You can be an author if you learn to paint pictures with words."
Brian Jacques

170 Reviews

Reviews: 170
Tue Oct 02, 2007 4:57 pm
Lindsaroo says...

Name: Laya Stillneir

Race: Girl with wings (not sure what to call it)

Appearance: Image

Personality: Outgoing and active. Doesn't really like other people but will talk to them.

History: Has raised her self since she was about 2. Her mother was killed by her father and then her father killed himself. She's been attacked by wolves and other creatures and has scars on her lower arms from one really bad attack when she was 6. *that's why she has those things on her arms*

Weapons: Well of course the one in the picture. That's her main weapon and she isn't afraid to kill. Also has a few knives.

Laya heard about the event at the shrine just a little too late. She was sitting in a tree and soared down to land in front of a girl. The girl was almost skipping on the road it seemed. She had almost blond hair and wore very 'interesting' clothes.

"Er...hi." Laya said to the girl.

"Heya! Do you need something?" she smiled brightly.

"You just kinda stick out and I was wondering where you were heading. But I guess I should introduce myself. I'm Laya." The girl was looking at her wings but snapped back to her.

"I'm Leira, but please do call me Ariel."

"Nice to meet you Lei...er Ariel. So where you headed to?"
"After it happened I thought that I'd just try to live as normally as possible and bury it, but things like that don't stay buried. I didn't think it would, but it taints your whole life."

"My desires were bestial, obviously." -Jeffery Dahmer.

565 Reviews

Tue Oct 02, 2007 5:13 pm
Stori says...

Miran watched the girls from a nearby tree. There were advantages to being so small.

He was wary of making himself known. People didn't take kindly to dragons, or demidrakes, lately.

"So, ah, Ariel, do you want to do something?"

"I dunno. What did you have in mind?"

Miarn leaned forward. He wondered if- uh-oh. The branch shifted, and the girls looke up. "Uh, hello. I was, you know, resting..." His excuse petered off. "I guess I should shake a wing."

Ariel shook her head. "Nah, it's ok. Come on."

"Many thanks." He glided down and landed easily on the street.
Miles Vorkosigan

Brian Jacques

110 Reviews

Tue Oct 02, 2007 5:22 pm
TNCowgirl says...

"W....wait, is the pod still in there?" Senna asked running towards him.

"Nope, its gone." He said, Senna stopped, frozen. She had missed another one. She watched as he disappeared and she slowly walked away towards the woods. She stopped frozen. In front of her was a Naga, she had only seen one other one in her entire life and she had been killed in front of Senna's eyes before she could save her. Her wolf was bout to bark, but she quickly motioned for him to be quiet.

"Ex....excuse me.." She stuttered, 'I'm talking more then normal, just great.' She thought to herself, she was used to being alone. The Naga spun around with increadiable speed. She jumped back scared and Rouge, her dog, jumped in front of her a low growl escaping his throat. "S..sorry, I didn't mean to startle you." She mumbled,

*ok, Kyte I would've tried bringing you in too but I don't know much about your charactor or how he looks. Sorry. Oh and I hope this works.*
Want a Readers crit???

565 Reviews

Tue Oct 02, 2007 5:25 pm
Stori says...

My fault. He looks a lot like a dragon, only about the size of a cat. Also, he can blend into the background. Very long tail, which he uses to balance himself.
Miles Vorkosigan

Brian Jacques

110 Reviews

Tue Oct 02, 2007 5:35 pm
TNCowgirl says...

*Ok, I'll wait for Katharsis (sp) then I'll see what I can do.*
Want a Readers crit???

7 Reviews

Tue Oct 02, 2007 8:05 pm
death5614 says...

Jamel kept running as fast as he could. Running and running, but strangely not pumping into...anyone! He could see people, but couldnt feel them as he ran past them, he was in his own world, every problem in his life was flashing before his eyes. But finaly, after about 15 minutes, he recognized someone.

"Hey! I remember you!" Said Jamel, smiling.

"You left 20 minutes ago...I'de hope u still remember me!" Said Senna.

"Woh! Is that a NAGA???" Said Jamel.

"Yea, im a Naga..." Said the beast.

"Wow, i havn't seen one of your kind since Tiel (the world we're on) Started colapsing" Replied Jamel.

"Yea, there isnt many more of us around any more, i dont know why either!"
Im not as think as you dumb i am...

41 Reviews

Reviews: 41
Tue Oct 02, 2007 10:00 pm
Layleun says...

Name: Nano

Race: Keero, a type of almost dog like creature. Very spindly appearance, has a skull over it's face. Very agile and can disappear at random, due to its fur. The fur can flip into little mirrors built for reflecting light, therefore it can become invisible. It's skull, however, cannot. Excellent hearing but not very good smell.

Appearance: Image

Weapons: Teeth, claws, invisibility

Personality: Very sly, doesn't give much away of herself. Can be very useful and friendly as long as you keep your distance and show respect.

Nano trotted through the forest, minding her own business, as usual. The familiar weight of her skull rested on her snout. She sighed as she heard some yelling. why must everyone be so loud? She thought to herself. She pricked her ears and picked up the word 'Naga'. Curious as to what a Naga was, she picked up the pace until she came to a road.

Quickly, Nano flipped her fur so she became invisible. The group was facing away from her, Nano snorted and walked into the open. Her skull bobbed up and down as she walked behind the gathering and sat, waiting for someone to notice a floating skull.

33 Reviews

Reviews: 33
Tue Oct 02, 2007 10:03 pm
Katharsis says...

Mae'ar let his body relax, the girl's dog was under control. The creature's questions were answered to its satisfaction, Mae'ar had humoured it with insipid bluntness and feigned idiocy. It worked for the moment, Mae'ar just needed to escape the situation without harm and he could resume his solitary journey.

He hissed, tasting the air with a forked tongue. It was sweet, mild, not humid like the tunnels he remembered. He could taste the dog, the girl, the creature and something else, they were bitter and unpleasant odours to him, he favoured the scents of the natural world unperturbed. Everything else was plague, too sweet or fetid. The stuffy smells of humans reminded him too often of the hunters back in his ruined home. Though he was thankful it wasn't coalesced with the same burning flesh, hair and blood in the air.

He cast a wide gaze over the area, gold eyes glittering, looking for avenues of escape. He tried not to look too uncomfortable, but his face was lined with fear and worry. He turned to Jamel, wonderingly, he couldn't discern what exactly the creature was. Losing interest in leaving, he scrutinized it. It had red and black fur, crimson eyes and a mandible that housed an array of sharp teeth. It admired its claws as the Naga eyed it. "Sssso, jussst what are you, then?" It sounded more malicious than he intended. Good.

The girl, he noticed, was shying away from the conversation, dissociating herself from the gathering. She calmed the wolf, which was staring at Mae'ar, shaking. He thought he heard more low growls, but turned back to Jamel.

(Sorry, I was asleep! :D)

In the past I would definitely say who you would find inside. Not so much today. Place is bonkers …. As is everywhere
— Greg Specter