z

Young Writers Society

Cave dwellers

52 Reviews

Reviews: 52
Fri Sep 21, 2007 4:44 pm
SishBee says...

* Ok. We are in a world where technology has advanced to the point where humans are a minority race and techonology is in charge. Humans live in caves beneath the cities now ruled by robots. The only materials available to the humans are rope and cloth, stone and a little wood. There is very little metal, it can only really be found in the few swords held by superior humans.

Ordinary humans use a bow and arrow.

They sleep in small caverns which can only fit 1-2 people and there isn't quite enough headroom to stand up in.

Ropes are used to cross high trenches and there is very little light.

Now, the machines want to rid the world of humans for good.*

Name: Cayly (KAY-lee)
Apperance: Tall and slim (all humans are now), long blonde hair which reaches her waist in a plait, brown eyes and pale skin(another human trait now they live underground)
Personality: Shy at first but a fiercely loyal friend and a fighter when she has too. Her family died when a rope snapped a few years ago.

Cayly climbed nimbly up a cave wall back to her cavern. She prefered to sleep away from everyone else.

There were two other caverns near hers. The inhabitants were new and she hadn't met them yet.

She craweld into her cavern and pulling back her curtain, screamed.

"Erm sorry." said a voice which seemed to be coming from just behind her curtain.

*feel free to be the mystery intruder*

~SishBee~
x
"We are all in the gutter but some of us are looking at the stars."
-Oscar Wilde

110 Reviews

Reviews: 110
Fri Sep 21, 2007 6:35 pm
TNCowgirl says...

Name: Senna
Apperance: 5'5 kinda athletic build from climbing and moving so much long black hair that goes the the middle of her back in a braid blue eyes and pale skin
Personality: Loyal to friends, deathly to enimies, doesn't talk alot.

"What are you doing in my cave?" The girl demanded, Senna looked for a way out.

"Sorry, I thought it was abandoned." SHe muttered, she quickly grabbed her small bag and headed for the door.

"There is stuff in here, how could you think it was empty?" Came a softer question.

"I said I'm sorry, I'll leave alright." She quickly stepped through the curtain and looked for a fast way out.
"And you wonder why we don't like you!" -Trumpkin
Vist my world and make it bigger!
Want a Readers crit???

2631 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 2631
Fri Sep 21, 2007 7:08 pm
Rydia says...

Name= Annie.
Age= 18.
Hair= Long, curly and a gingery red.
Eyes= A grey-blue.
Complexion= Pale and quite a few freckles.
Figure= Tall and quite an athletic build.
Personality= She's a fighter but not in the usual sense of the word. Annie is strong spirited and never gives up. She smiles even when she feels like she's dying inside and she attempts to keep everyone going whether she knows them or not.
History= Annie has a twin brother called Luke who is very similar to her in both appearance and personality. Their parents died some time back in a cave in.

Annie scrambled into the cavern first, wriggling right up to the rock to make way for her brother.

"Goodnight Annie," Luke called in a cheerful tone.

"Goodnight, Luke," Annie replied as she snuggled against his side and he placed his arms around her. The rock was hard beneath Luke's head but the heat of his sister's body was comforting and they both drifted into a light, peaceful sleep.
Writing Gooder

~Previously KittyKatSparklesExplosion15~

The light shines brightest in the darkest places.

13 Reviews

Reviews: 13
Sat Sep 22, 2007 4:12 pm
frenchpastry says...

Name: Kendra
Looks: Blue eyes. Shoulder length blonde hair. Average height and kind of slim. Pale skin (of course).
Bio: After robots over-took their last cavern, Kendra and her family barely escaped alive. Her brother, however, went missing. Now, they've moved to a completely new place with completely new people, and they're having a hard time adjusting.

Kendra bent down as she walked through the cavern, her parents voices drifting away the further she went. A makeshift bed lay in one corner of the room. Other than that, it was mostly bare. Kendra sighed.

She missed her old room, and not only that, she missed all the people she had left behind. She didn't even know if they were okay or where they went if they survived.

She wondered where her brother was. Was he okay? Did the robots catch him?

Her thoughts were interrupted as somebody came into the room noisily.
"The greatest thing you'll ever learn is just to love and be loved in return." ^_^

141 Reviews

Reviews: 141
Mon Sep 24, 2007 2:56 am
MadHatter says...

*Hopefully you can be robots, if not, just ignore my post. You also need to specify rules better.*

Name: 0537 (James)

Status: James, as he's called for short, was created as a half human, half robot trial. The robots hoped they could actually use humans for something, but in the end the "Johnie" experiment was dropped because of the dangers this being caused the robots. He had repeatedly attacked the robots, even destroying a couple. Considered a danger to both humans and robots, the robots have taken measures to trap the bestial robot down under the city where they can only hope he will enjoy killing humans as much as robots.

Appearance: Looks ape-like, is mostly just unfinished wires and skin. His hair has long since left his body and is know replaced with a hair like fiber.

Weapons: Several guns, brute force, and a scope like eye that can hunt down a robot or human from miles away.

James hit the dark, hard, earth with a thud. Where was he? His nerve system told him there was no serious injury, but he was slowly leaking oil. He could feel his precious life source seeping from his body. He had to find oil and fast. He half lumbered, half ran through the tiny corridors of the caves. He saw some light up ahead and went for it. Instead of it being the great outdoors, he had stumbled in onto a group of pale peach colored beings.

"AH!!! A ROBOT!" Several of the smaller beings ran behind a female of their species. The males took up some long sticks and began thrusting them at him. They bounced off of him, like they were rain drops. Though the noise in the cave would have drown out any ones thoughts, James remembered living in a group just like this one. He had lived in a cave when he was the size of the small ones. This was the last thought he thought before his virus caused him to go berserk, killing everyone in the cave
Voldemort: You kids! If I ever find out who's calling I will tell the wizard law and you will go to wizard jail and then I'll kill you!

Harry Potter Puppet Pals - Wizard Swears

52 Reviews

Mon Sep 24, 2007 9:16 pm
SishBee says...

Cayly breathed in the deep, earthy smell of the caves.

There was rock, musty air, wet rope, damp moss, oil... oil?

Cayly sat bolt upright. Oil? Down here?

She crawled out of her cave and monkeyed across a rope to the other side of the gorge she lived above.

The smell was getting stronger, she took out the knife she kept in her belt.

Then, she heard a scream and a strange scraping noise. Robots?

No, they hadn't used oil for years...

She turned a corner, almost running now and crashed head first into someone stood there. Something wet and glistening in the dark covered har hands.

Were they bleeding? "Hello? Who are you?" she asked the figure lying on the ground. She couldn't see them properly, it was too dark here.

~SishBee~
x
-Oscar Wilde

2631 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 2631
Mon Sep 24, 2007 9:33 pm
Rydia says...

Annie and Luke hurried towards the sounds of the screams and found themselves in a particularly dark cavern. Taking a few pieces of a flint like rock from his pocket, Luke struck them together to provide a few sparks that gave a brief moment of enchanced sight.

"Hello?" Annie whispered, peering into the cave. She drew back at the gory sight before her and took a deep breath before venturing further forwards. Luke squeezed into the space beside her and struck the pieces of flint together once more.

"They're all dead," A girl with long, blonde hair pulled back in a plait turned to observe us with solemn, brown eyes.

"Come on, come away from there," Luke coaxed gently, holding out a hnad and leaving the cave in darkness. Afterall, who wanted to see the corpses a second time?

"This cave smells of oil," Annie noted worriedly. "Luke, I need to see the corpses again. This was no ordinary cave in..."
Writing Gooder

~Previously KittyKatSparklesExplosion15~

The light shines brightest in the darkest places.

110 Reviews

Mon Sep 24, 2007 11:21 pm
TNCowgirl says...

Senna heard noise, she took off at a full run and almost ran into two people, a boy and a girl. She could smell death. She pushed past them and into the room. Oil, death, blood, oil. She sighed, the Robots had found them. They were good as dead now.

"Hey, watch where your going you could hurt someone." The boy growled, maybe not, maybe just maybe it had been just one robot.

"Sorry," She mumbled letting her eyes adjust to the room. She knelt down next to one of the figures.

*I'm not sure if he killed them y'all, I think he was just remembering something, course this could spice things up if a random robot found them. Not him but another.*
Want a Readers crit???

52 Reviews

Tue Sep 25, 2007 1:02 pm
SishBee says...

"Hello?"

She heard a groan on the floor. "What happened?"

"I ran into you, I am so..." she stopped. The figure had stood up, she froze. Robot.

~SishBee~
x
-Oscar Wilde

141 Reviews

Tue Sep 25, 2007 3:56 pm
MadHatter says...

James squeezed through the narrow passage. This was all wrong. He should be in the lab right now, killing those weak robots, or at least hunting those feeble beings that dared show there faces on the surface. No. Why was he talking like this? He was partially one of these "feeble" creatures and he was sure as hell not feeble. He had ripped those humans apart back there. But he had to be careful. The humans do have a bravery about them. They might band together. That would be bad. But first he'd have to find some oil.
He slowly crawled into a larger room. Big enough to move, but not even big enough to stand on his knees. A kerosene lamp shone in the corner. "Probably one of the last ones left." He thought out loud.
"AND YOU CAN'T HAVE IT!" A crazed old lady started to chuck rocks at him.
He would at least give her a warning"Stop creature or suffer the consequences."
"What con-" Before she could finish James giant hands had already wrapped all the way around both of her legs.
"These." He pulled as hard as he could, ripping the lady into to chunks which he began to rip."Humans. When will they learn. The only supreme species is us. The cyborgs."
Voldemort: You kids! If I ever find out who's calling I will tell the wizard law and you will go to wizard jail and then I'll kill you!

52 Reviews

Tue Sep 25, 2007 6:05 pm
SishBee says...

The robot looked down at Cayly, she was sprawled on the floor. She had feinted.

He picked her up and wondered what she was. He hadn't met anything like this before. He had fallen into the cave when he had just been made. He hadn't been given his identification programme yet.

He decided to carry her back to where he lived. She stirred in his arms, but didn't wake up.

He put her on the floor of his cave and cocked his head to one side.

~SishBee~
x
-Oscar Wilde

141 Reviews

Tue Sep 25, 2007 10:50 pm
MadHatter says...

*okay, hang on here. Is the robot James, or some other one? I'm gonna post as if he isn't the one but if he is, just PM me or ignore it.*

James had soon decieded that this carvern would be his home. He had already used the oil in the lamp to somewhat replenish his lack of oil and was using the little glass there was to create a make-shift patch until he could find more sutible material. He had to find a way out of here or else he's end up like these sniveling beasts who crawled on their bellies and lived in the earth. To believe that these humans once ruled earth. They were so primitive.
But he knew that if he had to live here for along time he'd have to have a companion. His human side demanded it. So unsophisticated and primitive. He knew that some reject robots were thrown down here everyonce and awhile, so he'd have little difficulty finding one. But humans on the other hand. They can be tricky to take down. And to build a cyborg he's need both. In fact...he might need several humans...if he wanted to build an army...

141 Reviews

Wed Sep 26, 2007 3:53 pm
MadHatter says...

James had gathered a total of two robots and three humans. He didn't quite know what he was supposed to do but, he'd at least be able to make an attempt. The first cyborg was a flop. It fidgeted once and sputtered, but fell to the ground dead. The second had actually had a conversation. But eventually, he also had to go. Now, it was time to try for a third time. He could use the pieces from the other robots, but unfortunately he could not reuse humans. Too bloody.
He slowly pieced the cyborg together, being careful not to damage the precious human body. James replace half the human brain with circuitry. He would make this work. He had to.
After an hour of painstaking carefulness he completed it. "Hello...cyborg...can you hear me?" It laid motionless on the bloody floor. "Well, I guess I've got to get some more bodies." He headed for the door.
"No need father. I am here." James whirled around.
"Your alive?"
"Yep. And good as ever."

110 Reviews

Wed Sep 26, 2007 4:39 pm
TNCowgirl says...

**So what just happened???**
Want a Readers crit???

52 Reviews

Wed Sep 26, 2007 5:09 pm
SishBee says...

((In my second post, it was suposed to be James, but you said something which didn't fit so it isn't you anymore...))

Cayly saw darkness. She had to blink a few times before she realised she had her eyes open. Then she realised she was alive.

Robot. The robot hadn't killed her! She groaned and sat up.

"Where am I?" It was a rehtorical question, and she wasn't expecting a reply.

Something touched her on the cheek. She gasped and fell over backwards.

Something picked her up and she flailed in the darkness eventually getting hold of its neck to hold on.

Soon, a little light showed who was carrying her. Robot.

She screamed and rolled out of its arms onto the hard ground.

It cocked its head to one side and paused before holding out a hand. She ignored it.

"Who are you? What are you going to do with me?"

No reply.

"What the hell is going on?"

Nothing.

"Can you hear me?"

It nodded.

"Can you speak?"

It shook its head, making a strange clanking noise.

"Oh. Who are you?"

It walked over to a cave wall and scraped its metal finger on the stone.

"5-7-9-8 (Sean). Is that your name?"

It nodded.

~SishBee~
x
-Oscar Wilde

Half goat, half fish, all goatfish.
— OSP Red