z

Young Writers Society

Tearstone Tales

565 Reviews

Reviews: 565
Mon Sep 10, 2007 3:13 pm
Stori says...

Ok, let me try. This will be based on my "Tearstone Tales" series. You can choose your species.

Squirrel: Has a natural skill at climbing anything from a tree to a stone wall. And they have a bonus for hiding in trees.

Mouse: Their chief trait is stealth. You recieve a bonus to hiding in long grass.

Otter, river: They can swim any stream and are experts at boat building.

Otter, Sea: Can swim anywhere there's salt water. They feel confined in streams, though.

Cat: Has a high stealth rate. They can see in darkness, but not total. Expert hunters.

Story: You're marooned on Pearl Isle, a small place with few natural preadators. The locals welocme you, and you feel right at home. But a dire threat hangs over the island, in the form of a pirate crew.

Play on either side, but take advantage of your attributes. Good luck!
"The one thing you can't trade for your heart's desire is your heart."
Miles Vorkosigan

"You can be an author if you learn to paint pictures with words."
Brian Jacques

2631 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 2631
Mon Sep 10, 2007 3:56 pm
Rydia says...

Oooh, we get to be animals? I wonder which to choose... lol

Name= Onyx
Gender= Female
Species= Cat
Age= 5
Fur= Black
Eyes= Blue
Personality= Very cunning but easy to please
Writing Gooder

~Previously KittyKatSparklesExplosion15~

The light shines brightest in the darkest places.

36 Reviews

Reviews: 36
Mon Sep 10, 2007 4:04 pm
motherflippinflapjacks says...

This sounds really cool. I'm in.

Name: Althea
Species: River Otter
Color: light brown
Eyes: eden green
Personality: Intellegent and a good team member. Doesn't have a lot of leadership skills, but when under the right command, she can produce some of the best ship building work around. Loves to be with people and loves to help those in need.
"I wonder if Ryan realizes that he's really twelve and a passenger on the Titanic." ~ A loving friend

565 Reviews

Mon Sep 10, 2007 8:07 pm
Stori says...

Here's my character. I'll use a profile I already created.

Name: Chance
Bio: He and his sister, Hope, appear in "Healer's Mark." Chance is a dedicated fighter, learning the ways of the sword. He has some of the best teachers. He tends to be reckless, a foil to Hope's careful thoughts.

Another thing: if you want to add a species to the list, go ahead. I try to keep with North American critters, but others are ok. Just don't try a monitor lizard :)
Miles Vorkosigan

Brian Jacques

116 Reviews

Reviews: 116
Mon Sep 10, 2007 11:54 pm
Maybe says...

This looks really interesting and i can't wait to join...just one thing. Can you be...say...a predator or something like that. Like a bear, wolf, snake, that sorta thing? If not, thats perfectly fine. Just curious.
Be the cartoon heart. Light a fire, light a spark. Light a fire, flame in my heart. We'll run wild, we'll be glowing in the dark.

110 Reviews

Reviews: 110
Tue Sep 11, 2007 12:38 am
TNCowgirl says...

Name: Senna
Species: Bald Eagle
Color: light brown
Eyes: blue
Personality: Inteligent, loves a good adventure. Very loyal, doesn't care who she is around, very protective at times. Loves helping anyone that needs it.

Hope that works
"And you wonder why we don't like you!" -Trumpkin
Vist my world and make it bigger!
Want a Readers crit???

565 Reviews

Tue Sep 11, 2007 9:12 pm
Stori says...

I think being an eagle kind of unbalances the game. You know, they're so much larger than others.

Well, you could, but let's say you have a disability (injured wing, poor sight, that kind) or maybe you could start a chapter for Raptors? (Hey, I love that rhyme.)

Anyways, I'll post the first entry and everyone else can chime in.
Miles Vorkosigan

Brian Jacques

565 Reviews

Tue Sep 11, 2007 9:24 pm
Stori says...

"Chance, get up!" I turned away. What did she want?

"I said get up!" She yanked the sheet from over me.

"Come on, it's almost dawn."

"Yes, and it's time for the festival! Hurry!" She tossed my tunic in my face. It was my best one: red with a gold border.

"I'm up! Give me a minute, Hope."

I hurridly dressed and buckled on my sword out of habit. "Wait, I should leave this behind." I made to take it off.

"Will you come on! It's about to start, and we have to go across the island!"

I sighed. Hope just wouldn't be put down. So I stepped out of my room, sword and all.

We took to the forest, skimming above the nighttime world. I took my bearings, paused and looked at my sister. "I smell something not right."

"What?" she whispered.

"I think it's blood, but I can't tell whose. Let's go down, carefully."

We did. As we drew closer, I recognized the scent: otter blood. What was an otter doing here?

"Talan, is that you?"

"It's Mara! Come quick, Chance!"

I vaulted to the ground. "Mara, what are you doing here?"

"I came to find you. But I got lost, then stepped on a thorn." She displayed her pad. "See, it's deep. I can't get it out."

With I small tug, I tested the thorn. "This is going to be painful." And with tooth and claw I dug at it. "There! Hope, would you..."

"Chance, help! There's a mad cat. I can-ugh!"

"Hope! Hang on!" I lauched myself into the fray. "A Pearl!" I howled above the screams.
Miles Vorkosigan

Brian Jacques

2631 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 2631
Tue Sep 11, 2007 10:10 pm
Rydia says...

Onyx

I padded through the forest and spotted some movement in a tree. Smiling to myself, I leapt and dug my claws into the bark and began to climb. I got close enough to see the individual feathers of the bird's wings and then I could make out their marking and then... it flew away. I hissed after the creature and then padded back to the floor. For a moment I was rather disapointed but then I spotted a mouse and began to chase after it.
Writing Gooder

~Previously KittyKatSparklesExplosion15~

The light shines brightest in the darkest places.

116 Reviews

Reviews: 116
Tue Sep 11, 2007 10:22 pm
Maybe says...

If this isnt allowed, i'll change it.

Name: Mono
Species: Wolf
Appearance: A white she wolf with gray tipped ears. Slender and sleek with dark blue eyes that are almost black.
Personality: She is charming, persuasive, secretive, witty, mischievous, and sly. She loses her temper occasionally, but not usually. If you mess with her, prepare to be bitten. She's actually quite nice once you get to know her, and is very trustworthy. She seems mean and distanced at first. She will not eat friends! XD
Bio: She was born in a litter of six other pups. Only three survived, including herself. When she turned three, she went off on her own and never looked back. Occasionally she'll run into another family member, but she usually steers clear. She fights with her teeth, claws, daggers, and occasionally she will be seen wielding a short sword. She will befriend some of the other creatures on the island, but normally she will keep to herself.

Like i said, if this isnt allowed, i will change it!
Be the cartoon heart. Light a fire, light a spark. Light a fire, flame in my heart. We'll run wild, we'll be glowing in the dark.

110 Reviews

Wed Sep 12, 2007 12:00 am
TNCowgirl says...

*She is a very small eagle, she didn't grow much I guess, but she still looks like a normal eagle.*
Want a Readers crit???

565 Reviews

Wed Sep 12, 2007 5:17 pm
Stori says...

Great job, all! The wolf is allowed. Same for the eagle. Keep the chapters coming. And here's another little twist.

There is a colony of weasels on Broken Arrow Point. They may interfere, but you can play one if you want. Keep in mind, though, they're primative. They may switch sides, except PCs .

Now, back to the story, fellow creatures!
Miles Vorkosigan

Brian Jacques

110 Reviews

Wed Sep 12, 2007 5:34 pm
TNCowgirl says...

Senna flew quickly over the trees looking for a sign of anything living. She wasn’t hungry, just bored. She saw a wolf so she flew down low to watch it, staying far enough away to keep from getting eaten.

*sorry tis short*
Want a Readers crit???

565 Reviews

Wed Sep 12, 2007 5:47 pm
Stori says...

"Oh, hang it, Raura!" I practically screamed. "Did you have to?"

"She bumped me! I'm sorry, but she panicked, then fainted."

I began gathering herbs: mint to revive, some berries to keep her quiet, and of course a few linen strips, just in case.

"C'mon, Sis, get up!" I waved the mint in her face.

"Chance, whoever did it, kill her."

With a grin, I replied, "Appologize to Raura."

"You!" she burst out. "I thought you were mad!"

"I did rather look the part, didn't I ?"

"You horrible feline!"
Miles Vorkosigan

Brian Jacques

36 Reviews

Reviews: 36
Wed Sep 12, 2007 9:37 pm
motherflippinflapjacks says...

Althea swam swiftly through the river, following the music. She was going to watch the festival with the rest of her family, she was just checking out a good route to get there. There were going to be tons of festivities there, but she mostly loved the music. Oh, and the dance. The dancing was always lovely and she would watch them from the start in the early afternoon, till their end, way into the night.

She slowed down when she finally thought that she had come upon river mouth. She lifted her head out of the water and saw that she had found just what she was looking for. Now, she had to go back to the rest of her family and show them the route to the festival.
"I wonder if Ryan realizes that he's really twelve and a passenger on the Titanic." ~ A loving friend

I always like to look on the optimistic side of life, but I am realistic enough to know that life is a complex matter.
— Walt Disney