z

Young Writers Society

legend of dragoon

22 Reviews

Reviews: 22
Mon Sep 10, 2007 1:24 am
darchoco says...

if you know the legend of dragoon, awesome. if not, there's a lot to explain... best go to this link

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Legend_of_Dragoon

trust me, its a lot easier to read up then have to explain. Its a
long story...

anyway, this is five years after the events of dart and co. All are living well, and happy. Dart and Shana had a beautiful boy, now four, who is energetic and always happy. Meru and Guraha married a two years ago, and meru is soon expecting a child. Albert has a young three year old girl with his wife, and is ruling strong and wise over both Tiberoa and Serdio (the king of Tiberoa stepped down to allow Albert in rule). Haschel, older still, has had age catch up to him, and is maintaining simple means. Kongol studied hard and is well educated in the ways of the human, and assists Haschel in everything. Miranda, still single, still lives in mille seseau and helps the queen and her sisters rule. Everyone is ready on a moments notice to call back their dragoon powers if it is needed, but everything is so peaceful... until the red eye dragoon stone is suddenly activated again, and not only do they notice, but a very old evil noticed as well... the only wingly left from the "dragon campaign." It seems there may be another one in the midst...

*storybook rules*
-you can be one of the original characters if you wish.

-you can create a character not a dragoon, or create a new dragoon (PM me about it first, I need to approve first)

-another person can claim rose's former dragoon (dark element), preferably a girl (just to follow with it) I have claim on the Red-eye :D

-no GOD characters

profiling:
This is what needs to be stated

name:
personality:
race:
dragoon element (if any):
weapon of choice:
brief bio (include what country):

name:Coden desaret
looks: black hair, hazel eyes. 6'0", has a thin leather armor covering his arms and legs. Leaves chest mostly exposed other than a black vest. Very tan and well built from his travels.
personality: goofy and a trickster, he is sneaky and quick with his talk. However, he never goes back on his word. He protects the weak, and hates pride.
Race: human
Dragoon element: soon to be fire (Red-eye)
weapon of choice: Two sleek damascus daggers, built only for him. Unsuited for anyone else
bio: a rogue most of his life, he lived on the streets of lohan for most his life in Serdio, until he made his job a searcher of treasure and valuable items, and using it to help himself and others get through life. He just happens to stumble upon a red stone as it began to glow...

These mountains were treacherous. Coden looked across the landscape, seeing the jagged peaks reach up to the sky. His daggers hung tight at his side, ready and waiting for use. He pulled on his leather braces, tightening them around his hands. He shivered, feeling a sharp wind attack his bare chest.
He continued up the mountain, traveling across the foreign frontier. He needed to make it back to Mille Seseau. He tugged on the pack he held on his back, full of odds and ends of treasure and trinkets to sell. His boots clicked upon the rugged rocks as he continued slowly towards his goal.
He slipped. His foot missed the edge, and before he realized anything, he was tumbling down the mountain, cuts and scrapes now adding to his body. He fell to the edge of a trickling brook, splashing his face.
He groaned, momentarily stunned from his fall. He got to his feet. Luckily, his pack had stayed in his hands. Coden got to his feet. Small drops of blood fell from his leg. He really didn’t need this right now.
Out of nowhere, a beautiful white bird with red-tipped wings dived from the air, stopping only inches from his face and letting out a loud screech. Coden stumbled backwards, falling back on the wet ground. The bird floated in the air, as if waiting for him.
He had a sudden impulse to follow this strange creature. He got to his feet, and slowly walked along with the bird as it disappeared upstream behind a bend. He was in no hurry, but now he was curious.
As he approached the bend, a beam of red light shot out, practically blinding him.
“What the hell?”
He drew his daggers, cautiously stepping around. The bird sat on a rotted tree, just above the glow. It screeched again.
Coden, feeling unthreatened, sheathed his daggers. He reached for the glowing object beneath the dead tree. As his hands grasped around the glowing object, it intensified. However, it did not affect sight; rather, it soothed and warmed his body. The light dimmed, into the small crimson stone from which it came.
“What is this?”
Far away, in a small village, the Divine Dragoon spirit began to glow.
if you were to die today, would you be able to tell yourself that you did everything you wanted and everything you could?
life is a puzzle. want to put it together with me?

26 Reviews

Reviews: 26
Sat Sep 15, 2007 3:47 am
sasquash says...

You know, ive gotta be dart, hes awsome...PLEASE???
It's ok to be a kid sometimes,

it's what keeps old people young

and young people growing!

110 Reviews

Reviews: 110
Sat Sep 15, 2007 4:11 am
TNCowgirl says...

name: Senna (I like that name for now)
Looks: Long black hair, soft tan skin, sharp blue eyes, athletic build but skinny, always wears something leather, and a dragon scale on her kneck that her father gave her
personality: She is careful but a happy cheerful easy to get along with person, she is always lonely because she travels so much
race: humen
dragoon element (if any): is water one (blue)
weapon of choice: knives of most any size
brief bio (include what country): Tiberoa, her family was killed when she was young so she has been on her own ever sense, taking care of herself and everything. She is very loyal to friends and protective, she can't stand stuck up rich people and would rather be out in the country then the city. She sometimes works as an assassin, but only on special cases.
"And you wonder why we don't like you!" -Trumpkin
Vist my world and make it bigger!
Want a Readers crit???

672 Reviews

Reviews: 672
Sat Sep 15, 2007 5:05 am
Squall says...

Just my opinion here but I think you need to personally explain on what Legend of Dragoon is about in greater detail. Though I have played Legend of Dragoon before (and it had great storyline) many others haven't and they will be lost and confused.

Anyways, I might join later but not now. Busy.
"To the edge of the universe and back. Endure and survive."

565 Reviews

Reviews: 565
Sat Sep 15, 2007 9:17 pm
Stori says...

Name: Ari
Looks: Dark-streaked blond hair, red clothes
Personality: He's afraid of everyone after learning about his Dragoon heritage. He likes to be alone except for his hawk, Danye.
Dragoon element: Royal jade [wind and water]
Quote: "Me and Danye value our skins. Back off, Dragoon!"

He's a refugee from Sandora.

"Hey," the man said. "I won't hurt you."

"Stay away! I didn't come from the Black Castle to be waylaid!" Danye squawked in agreement.

"Black Castle? You don't look like a Sandoran. There's more muscle to you."

"It's from climbing," I muttered. "Go away!"

"Easy there, Dragoon. I won't harm you."

My mouth fell open. "How'd you know?"

"Something about the eyes." At first I thought he was joking. "Yes, you have those sharp eyes that only a Dragoon has. But where are my manners? I'm Doku, from around here."

"I-how do you do? I'm Ari, and this is Danye. She's a blue falcon, native to Sandora."

"That's odd. I never thought of that place is wild. Of course, I've only seen the Castle, so I'll let it go."

"Thanks," I muttered. "I'm the Royal Jade Dragoon."

"I'm thunder, not sure what it's called."

Danye chirped, and I translated, "She says we should be friends."

"You can talk to him?"

"Her," I corrected. "The 'Dan' is a bit misleading. Yes, I can talk to her. It's something more primitive than Dragoons, I think."

Just then a low rumble built up. It jarred my teeth and set Danye to fidgeting.

Doku looked at the sky. "It's a Virage! Run!!"

"What's a Virage?"

"No time! Get out of here! Fly!"

I did, transforming in seconds. My hawk perched in the shoulder niche I'd made for that purpose. My armor, a brilliant turquoise, shmmered with energy.

"Wings of Storm!" I howled, and a flare of green magic gathered around me.
"Go!"

With mortally-impossible speed, I flew across the plains of Serdio. The spell was designed to take me far away.

I glanced back and gulped. The creature behind me was huge, neither Human nor Wingly. It had six bulbous eyes around a central node. Its wings were awesome, batlike. The body was a uniform gray. Its unholy magic was an itch beneath my skin.

"Danye, fly! Get help!"

She soared off, wings a brilliant azure. "Gods, keep her safe," prayed, they fed more power to my wings.
Last edited by Stori on Sat Oct 06, 2007 4:15 pm, edited 2 times in total.
"The one thing you can't trade for your heart's desire is your heart."
Miles Vorkosigan

"You can be an author if you learn to paint pictures with words."
Brian Jacques

22 Reviews

Sun Sep 16, 2007 7:45 am
darchoco says...

*you can have dart. I need someone to start talking about the divine dragoon stone*

Glittering brilliant crimson armor suddenly covered his body.

"What...?"

Flames started to dance around him, but strangely, did not burn his skin. A sudden, newfound power enveloped his body. He had never been exposed to such strength. Then he felt an unfamiliar part of his body. Looking behind him, two thick wings flapped subconciously behind him.

"Unbelievable..."

what was this power?
if you were to die today, would you be able to tell yourself that you did everything you wanted and everything you could?

110 Reviews

Sun Sep 16, 2007 8:16 pm
TNCowgirl says...

*I hope this doesn't mess anything up.*

Senna looked around, everything was on fire, everything was burning around her and the sounds of people dying was filling her ears. She threw her hands up to block fire from her face and water suddenly came out of them. Her eyes grew wide but she didn't dare bring them down slowly walking back out of the house. She ran as fast as she could when she got out, no one would be alive. No one would be able to help her. She was on her own with some sort of power she knew nothing about. She started running through a feild when she saw a hawk darting across the air. It came down towards her and she almost screamed. It quickly flew back and forth and Senna started to follow it keeping her hand close to her knife. THat stupid inn owner had probably burned the thing down with everyone in it.
Want a Readers crit???

565 Reviews

Mon Sep 17, 2007 8:12 pm
Stori says...

Panting, exhausted, I finally had to land. The spell had long worn out. Doku was nowhere in sight. I moaned, feeling wretched. This whole business was killing me.

"Are you all right," I heard a little voice ask.

"Who are you?"

"Ah," she hesitated, "I'm Amy. I come from Seles."

"Is that near here?"

"Yes, it is. You should come, meet Dart and Shana."

I had no clue what those names meant, but I went along. Amy was a bundle of energy, darting forward and back, asking questions.

We reached Seles in a few hours. It was a comfortable little village, all wood or local stone. Two adults, one in red, one in white, looked up.

"Dart, Shana, I brought a guest!"

Dart, the red one, came forward. "Welcome, Dragoon," he whispered. "This is our village, and you're welcome to stay."

"Thank you. I must warn you though; there's a huge gray creature on the plains."

"Virage," Dart cursed.

"What are they?"

"They're old creatures, as old as the Dragon Campaign. It's said they only live to hunt dragons and Dragoon."

He took up a long sword. "Shana, stay here. There's trouble abroad."

"No you don't, hero! I'm coming; you might need healing."

"I--" Before I could continue, my Spirit blazed. Shana gasped.

"So, he is..."

"My name is Ari, the Royal-Jade Dragoon."
Miles Vorkosigan

Brian Jacques

22 Reviews

Mon Sep 17, 2007 11:35 pm
darchoco says...

He tested the wings, flapping them. Suddenly, his body was lifted off the ground from the sheer power of his new limbs.
"Woah!" he pulled a somersault in the air, unable to really control himself.

For the next few minutes he taught himself how to use the wing that had sprouted from his back. He had added to the cuts he already added as he tumbled and crashed into several rocks around him. Still, he had finally taught himself the basic manuveurs, and was soon flitting around the small canyon he was in, obviously enjoying himself.

Suddenly, a earspliting sreech filled the air, neither beast nor human. Looking higher into the air, a monsterous figure beyond all description was charging at him, seven eyes glaring at him.

Coden quickly grabbed at the daggers at his waist. He mind suddenly came entranced with battle. His muscles tensed, and all his senses sharpened. He was ready

565 Reviews

Fri Oct 05, 2007 3:03 pm
Stori says...

I led Dart to the spot. He drew his sword. Suddnely, a red corona shone around him.

"The Red-Eye spirit," Shana gasped.

"It's close," I muttered. "I can feel it."

I transformed, and hovered a few feet over Dart's head. "Show off," he muttered.

Shana changed, too. She became a warrior in white armor, with a bow that look strong enough to shoot a mile.

I grinned. This was it. The Virage was coming!

"Storm Shield," I said, and a vortex of energy surrounded my body.

Kyreee! It was Danye! She arrived like a bolt, landing in my shoulder niche. She fluttered her wings and kept repeating, "It's here!"

I lifted my blade and pointed it at the oncoming menace. The Virage's eyes glowed. It was enjoying this.

"Gates of Heaven!" Shana cried. Instantly all fatigue left me.

"Flame Shot!" Dart shouted. A brilliant bolt of crimson fire launched at the Virage.

It swatted the fireball aside. I watched, wide-eyed, as it returned to its source.

"Ari, duck!"

I moved down with three beats of my wings. "Star Children!" Shana fired an arrow at the Virage.

It made contact with the beast's central eye. The Virage shrieked.

"Wings of Storm!" In no time I was in range. I buzzed it with my Shield, then flew upwards and threw.

The stilletto was a shaft of pure power as it flew towards the enemy.
Miles Vorkosigan

Brian Jacques

110 Reviews

Fri Oct 05, 2007 3:21 pm
TNCowgirl says...

Senna watched the fight from the woods where she was standing,, she had followed the bird all the way here. She closed her eyes as the screams from the hotel filled her mind. She quickly opened them again, what was going on, who were these creatures. What was going on with her.

*Sorry, I really don't knwo much about these books, so i hope I don't ruin this.*
Want a Readers crit???

565 Reviews

Fri Oct 05, 2007 3:53 pm
Stori says...

Danye shrieked and dove at the virage.

"NO!" I lunged and caught her tail feathers. She screamed again and raked me with her talons.

"Dart, help me!"

He flew in, wings going in swift motions. Turning up the heat, he confined Danye. She snapped in protest.

"Dang it, think will you?"

She stopped and perched back in her niche. "Come on, let's get that thing!" I yelled with wild abandon.
Miles Vorkosigan

Brian Jacques

Prometheus, thief of light, giver of light, bound by the gods, must have been a book.
— Mark Z. Danielewski, House of Leaves