z

Young Writers Society

A Shift in Power

141 Reviews

Reviews: 141
Tue Aug 28, 2007 11:42 pm
View Likes
MadHatter says...

The land of Draynor is experiencing a change in power. The king is dead and now his son is to be enheirter of the crown. Though most don't care who is in power, some look at this as an opportunity to control the kingdom. If they could kill the king, or atleast influence him, they would succed in over throughing a centries old ruling family. That is where we come in. Will you choose to aid the king, or hunt him down? Do you work for him, or are you paid to track him?

The sides:

Knights: Those who swear to protect the king. they would die for him. The knights can be anyone, even peasants, as long as they're loyal.

Power Seekers: Those who seek the throne through murder or influence. They sometimes work together, but usually are loners. Bounty Hunters and Assasinators do most of the dirty work for them.

Bounty Hunters: Those who don't care whose in power, as long as they live. They really don't have any loyalty to any one group

Rules:

1.No immortals
2.Have to be human
3.This is fantasy so no guns
4.Limited magic only
5.NO GOD MODDING
6.Profiles perfered (You can use mine as an example)

Name: Jack "Scar" Smith
Group: Bounty Hunter
Clothes: Long black trench coat like cloak, three corned hat, and large black boots
Weapons: Two daggers, a long sword, drop-kick dagger, and a crossbow

Jack watched the door of the bar carefully from his dark corner. He had waited there for days waiting for his assignment to arrive. The bar tender had kicked him out several times, but Jack needn't worry anymore.."it" would come. Jack focused his gaze towards the stairway that led up to the inn portion of the bar. He could get a room and sleep...ah sleep. Jack hadn't slept in three days. He started to doze of when he noticed a movement at the door. It was him. Lionheart Daniel. His assignment. Jack lept up and hurled himself at the man. Jack knocked him down and pulled out his knife.
"Sorry." He shoved it into the man's kneck. It was done.
Voldemort: You kids! If I ever find out who's calling I will tell the wizard law and you will go to wizard jail and then I'll kill you!

Harry Potter Puppet Pals - Wizard Swears

110 Reviews

Reviews: 110
Tue Aug 28, 2007 11:48 pm
TNCowgirl says...

Name: Sara 'Tiny' Trents
Group: Bounty Hunter
Clothes: Brown trench coat, jeans, flashing blue eyes
Weapons: knives, back sword, fist knives (like wolverines claws, i think I called something else)
Apperance: Sharp, flashing blue eyes, tan skin, long brown hair in braids
Picture: (just change the hair and eyes and it's right :D) http://grets-freedomrider.deviantart.co ... 2-61649933
Last edited by TNCowgirl on Wed Aug 29, 2007 1:15 am, edited 1 time in total.
"And you wonder why we don't like you!" -Trumpkin
Vist my world and make it bigger!
Want a Readers crit???

10 Reviews

Reviews: 10
Wed Aug 29, 2007 12:04 am
Magnificent_Ego says...

OOC: Great concept. I think the groups will clash, creating tension with the writers, but it could be fun. I will give it a chance, for my first storybook.

Name: Trace Voorhees
Affiliation: Hired Sword, but loyal to the king.
Height: 5'8"
Weight: Lean 160 lbs.
Hair: Close Cropped Salt n' Pepper
Eyes: Steely blue
Clothes: Well tailored white blouse with large sleeves, always opened down a few buttons. Wears a green cloak (reversible to black), brown trousers and knee high black boots.
Weapons: Pair of fine daggers in the small of his back, master-crafted Heavy Crossbow, which he uses to deadly effect.

116 Reviews

Reviews: 116
Wed Aug 29, 2007 1:00 am
Maybe says...

Look's cool! I'm in!

Name: Vana
Class/Loyalty: Power Seeker (By Influence. Is also loyal to the king, just manipulates him.*If this isnt allowed, just say so*)
Appearance: Short black hair, gray eyes, tall, lanky, skinny, pretty, and wears black and red clothes.
Personality: Witty, persuasive, sarcastic, sly, mischievous, and secretive. She uses her magic to manipulate people for her own benifet. Can seem very mean , bitter, and frankly...scary, when she wants. But she isn't really that bad deep down.
Abilities: Can use some magic which she uses for manipulating people, especially the king. Can also do some minor spells.
Weapons: Daggers, a short sword, and a few darts just for good measure.
Picture: http://kashigi.deviantart.com/art/Assas ... k-19045504 (basically...)
Be the cartoon heart. Light a fire, light a spark. Light a fire, flame in my heart. We'll run wild, we'll be glowing in the dark.

141 Reviews

Reviews: 141
Wed Aug 29, 2007 1:07 am
MadHatter says...

**Yeah that's fine**
Voldemort: You kids! If I ever find out who's calling I will tell the wizard law and you will go to wizard jail and then I'll kill you!

Harry Potter Puppet Pals - Wizard Swears

2631 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 2631
Wed Aug 29, 2007 6:12 pm
Rydia says...

Name= Coal. No last name and no real first name, just Coal.
Age= Mid twenties.
Hair= Black.
Eyes= Black.
Complexion= Medium tan to dark.
Attire= Black. The style of clothes varies but the colour is always the same.
Personality= Coal is a hard, cold, ruthless killer.
History= Unknown.
Alleigance= Against the king. Coal does not want power and he does not work for someone who wants power but he wants the king dead and he is determined to kill him.
Writing Gooder

~Previously KittyKatSparklesExplosion15~

The light shines brightest in the darkest places.

161 Reviews

Reviews: 161
Wed Aug 29, 2007 6:33 pm
Fan says...

I love writing about power struggles in my stories, I'll have to join in. This'll be my first storybook.

Name: Jaren Keel
Hair: Light brown
Eyes: Amber
Occupation: Knight (whoo! first knight) Captain int he King's Guard
Attire: Uniform of the King's guard with a blue (rather dashing) cloak.
Personality: Witty and joking, but truly calm and calculating (people's tongues slip easier around fools)
History: Friend of the new King. Has earned a reputation as a dumb but powerful knight.However, he was hired personally by the king not for his sword arm but rather his brain. Is in fact extremely clever and can understand how the flows of power if likely to play. Has taken advanced mental training to prevent being manipulated through magic and to detect poisons and traps*. Does not speak much to his family, who are against the king. He is fully prepared to use all his powers to keep the king in power, a little because most of his own power depends on the King.
Alliegiance: A great supporter of the king. However, contrary to the knight's oath, he is not fully prepared to die for him.

*Hope that's allowed.

110 Reviews

Wed Aug 29, 2007 6:59 pm
TNCowgirl says...

Tiny quietly snuck into the castle. She had been called by the king. Or so she had been told. If this was a stupid trick she would kill someone. She quietly entered the kings quarters and saw him talking to a knight. Both of their backs were to her, she smiled, this was going to be fun. She walked quietly behind the king her moccusins not making a sound. She placed the tip of one of her swords on the knight's neck to keep him stll.

"Your majisty (sp), you might want to take two steps forward then turn around." She smiled. The king jumped several feet forward and spun around. He looked at her fear showing faintly in his eyes. She looked at the knight his hand slowly going to his sword. "Keep your hand away from that sword, I'm not here to do him harm." She hissed.

"What do you want?" The king demanded.

"Someone said that you wanted me." She said still smiling.

"Who are you?" He demanded.

"A bounty hunter," She said, the king quickly looked around.

"Who said I wanted a bounty hunter." The king demanded. Tiny frowned, she was getting tired of this.

"Well, then you must not." She hissed, she was annoyed now. Someone was about to get their face beat in. She hated being around the king. She didn't like the city, or the castle. But she was hard up for money and now she had been lied to. She slipped her sword into its holder and walked to a window jumping out of it and onto a tree. She swung down onto the street and hurried back out of the town. She sighed, it was good to be back in the woods. She found her horse and raced towards a small building that was where she was informed of her jobs. She barged in, there was a strange man sitting in one of the far tables but at that moment she didn't care. She walked straight to the bar keep.

"Back so soon Tiny?" He laughed,

"Wheres the informant?" She demanded,

"Why?"

"I wasn't needed and the last thing i want to do is to go into that damned city, especially to the king's castle." She snapped in a low tone.

"You are more like your father then you relize." he smiled,

"I don't care, I want that informent, NOW." She hissed,

"Fine, but don't kill him." He replied,

"Why would I kill him, I just want to tell him never to lie again or i would kill him." She replied,

"So, is that the last straw for the king?" He asked smiling, "You said one more trick that involved the king and you would never do anything that would help him again."

"This is the last straw, if I get hard up I'll take a job from anyone unless it involves a friend you know that. But I wont go back into that castle unless I have a good reason." She replied,
Want a Readers crit???

2631 Reviews

Supporter

Wed Aug 29, 2007 8:16 pm
Rydia says...

Coal

I smiled as I listened to the girl talking to the bar keeper. The others wouldn't be so easy to turn against the king but she already harboured some hatred of him.

"So where's the informant?" Tiny, actual name Sara, repeated.

"He's..." The bar keeper hesitated as he probed us, his customers, with his gaze. "Gone. But I didn't see him go and I was watching him..."

"It looks like you was. If you was watching him, you would still have your eyes on him." Sara rolled her own eyes but then she shifted uncomfortably. That woman knew as well as I that old Sam the bar keeper never forgot a face and he knew everyone who entered or left his bar.

He even knew that I had entered but what he didn't know was that I had a trick. I wouldn't call it magic. Magic is beyond me but changing faces, changing clothes; illusion. That I can do.
Writing Gooder

110 Reviews

Wed Aug 29, 2007 8:22 pm
TNCowgirl says...

Tiny looked at him,

"How wouldn't you know when he left?" She demanded, something wasn't right.

"I don't know," Sam said lowering his voice. "You know I keep my eyes on everyone, especially informants, but I don't know where this guy went."

"Sam, if you see him agian tell me." She sighed, he nodded,

"Here's a drink on the house." He said giving her her normal drink. It wasn't strong enough to make her drunk or even in the least bit woozy. It tasted good though,

"Thanks," She took it from him and went to her normal table in the back corner of hte room. It was the darkest in the whole building.
Want a Readers crit???

2631 Reviews

Supporter

Wed Aug 29, 2007 8:36 pm
Rydia says...

Coal

I nodded at Sara as she drained her glass and she nodded back. We were distantly aquainted or at least, she was distantly aquainted with this me. The real me. She knew some of my other personas better. The handsome, charming Leo seemed to be her favourite and she was always more willing to reveal herself to him.

"Seen anyone strange, Coal?" Sara asked.

"In this place, Tiny?" I replied, remembering that this persona did not know her real name.

"Fair point. Stranger than the usual scum bags that spend their time in here."

"Not lately, Tiny. There was a kid though. Scruffy looking lad of about sixteen."

"That could be who I'm looking for. Did you see where he went?"

"A nice silver coin says he went out the back door."

"And a gold coin?" Sara rolled a small, glittering coin between her fingers.

"That says he went out the front one. About ten minutes ago while you was talking with old Sam up there."
Writing Gooder

110 Reviews

Wed Aug 29, 2007 8:49 pm
TNCowgirl says...

*I'm lost, what is she supposed to believe???? Ugh, oh well*

"Thanks," She tossed him the coin, but stayed seated.

"Aren't you going after him?" Coal asked,

"He'll be long gone, I'd kill him anyway." She replied, "I'll find him sooner or later."

She twisted a stick in her finger and looked around. The room was quiet, she hated the quiet. She sighed and looked over at Sam. His wife had left a long time ago and he had opened this place up after she was gone. He was a good man, not one to buck. He could whoop anyone, she was sure of it. Though he didn't let anyone on to it. She looked at the door. Maybe someone she knew would come in. She smiled to herself, if that kid walked in she woudl have a few words with him.
Want a Readers crit???

26 Reviews

Reviews: 26
Wed Aug 29, 2007 9:30 pm
sasquash says...

Name:Slade "Cross" Johnson
Group:Bounty hunter
Appearance:http://ferus.deviantart.com/art/Soldier-of-Silence-13205860
Weapons:Two short swords and 3 daggers, hidden from the naked eye.
It's ok to be a kid sometimes,

it's what keeps old people young

and young people growing!

36 Reviews

Reviews: 36
Wed Aug 29, 2007 10:47 pm
motherflippinflapjacks says...

Name: Althea Bennett
Height: 5'6"
Weight: 140 lbs.
Hair Color: Auburn
Eye Color: Grey
Group: Knights
Attire: She is wearing a white Toledo gown. Her sleeves are slashed and her silk chemise poufs through, with forty buttons lining the sleeves. Her bust line has been flattened and lifted by her Corset. She wears a bumroll that makes her skirts lay larger, and flow out at the bottom. The material is velveteen and lined in various satin and trim colors.
http://www.armory.net/img/CU/CU_ss505.jpg
Personality: Althea is a honest, trusthworthy, loyal, and gentle woman. She isn't very intellgent, but has many connections inside and outside of the castle walls, which helps her to relay information to the Knights and the King. However, Althea can be too trustworthy of people, and may be lead in the wrong direction.
History: Althea is one of the Kind's maids. Her family has worked for the royal family since before Althea can remember. She knows the King as a kind and gentle man, who has been nothing but good to her family. She has vowed to protect him at all costs.

Althea slowly opened the door to the bar. A wave of warm air, thick with the smell of booze washed over her.

"Ugh, that's smells horrible."

Althea put a hand over her nose and walked in, the floor boards creaking underneath her. She let the door slam behind her and glanced around the room for a moment. The room was a bustling with peasants, some castle workers, and a few unknowns. It was mostly peasants, though, which made her stick out like a sore thumb. She glanced towards the back of the bar, a dark corner with what looked like an empty table.

"I knew I should have worn something different."

She let out a sigh and sauntered over to the bar, the barekeep busy wiping down the counter. Afraid she might stain her dress she stood back a few feet from the bar stools and gave a small wave to the man behind the bar.

"Sam, how have you been?"

"Well look at you Althea! All dressed up. What's the occasion?"

Althea looked at the ground. She wasn't sure if she should tell Sam or not. It couldn't hurt though. It might actually help her find who she was looking for.

"I'm here to... meet someone. I think he goes by the name of Jack. Do you know him?"

"Jack? Yeah, I threw a guy named Jack out of the bar a couple of nights ago. He's still been hangin around. Can't seem to get rid of him. What kind of business does a good girl like you have with him?"

"Oh, nothing too important. Could you tell me where you saw him last?"

"Yeah, somewhere near the back of the bar. Are you going to talk to him?"

"That is what I was hoping."

"I think I should get one of these nicer fellows to go with you. He was a bit of a shady character. I don't think it would be smart to go near him by yourself. Don't want you getting hurt."

Althea took a step closer to the bar and clasped her hands together. "I'm flattered that you care Sam, but I really need to do this by myself."

Sam shook his head in disapproval. "I don't think it's wise, but I can't make you do anything you don't want. I saw him near the back door. You know, by the steps to the rooms maybe an hour ago."

"Thank you Sam. I really appreciate it."

"No problem Althea. Any time."

Althea nodded her head and began to walk towards the back of the bar. As she did, something moved out of the corner of her eye. She looked in the direction of the dark corner, but nothing was there.

"I must be going crazy."

She continued walking towards the back of the bar when a wiff of some strong odor came over her. She followed the smell to back door and when she turned the corner that led to the stairs, she saw a man sitting on the floor with a knife in hand. And next to him, another man lay in a pool of blood. Althea let out a blood curdling scream.
Last edited by motherflippinflapjacks on Thu Aug 30, 2007 4:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.

661 Reviews

Reviews: 661
Wed Aug 29, 2007 11:26 pm
Jasmine Hart says...

May I join please?If not, disregard my bio.

Name:Keturah (Ket)
Hair:Brown and matted.
Eyes:Blue and hardend.
Complexion:Very pale, almost sickly.
Attire:Worn, brown trousers, torn at the right knee and at the ends.Blue plaid shirt, the sleeves of which are always rolled up above her elbows, worn brown boots, and a black hat with a peak, which she wears down over her eyes.
Personality:Impulsive, difficult, aggresive, stubbourn, fierce.Does what she has to to get by, and the only thing that matters to her is self- preservation.
History:Nothing is known about her father. Her mother raised her alone, and when they were kicked out of their squalid home for not paying the rent, they took to the streets.Keturah's mother died when she was fourteen, after they had spent years getting by on what they could find/beg/borrow/steal.Her lack of a preserver made her more determined to stay alive herself.She has few morals and is easily bought with hot meals and other such neccesities.
"Just like moons and like suns,
With the certainty of tides,
Just like hopes springing high,
Still I'll rise."
-Maya Angelou

'The Answer to the Great Question... Of Life, the Universe and Everything... Is... Forty-two,' said Deep Thought, with infinite majesty and calm.
— Douglas Adams, The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy