z

Young Writers Society

Masquerade

52 Reviews

Reviews: 52
Mon Aug 20, 2007 10:11 pm
SishBee says...

*This is set in Venice in the future except the world has reverted to the 18th century and before traditions. The only difference is that magic can be only used through large staffs but given that it is illegal to use magic, not many people use it. Only one known person does, a thief citizens have named the mignight man. He is a known magic user but no one knows who he is and no one can catch him. However, the midnight man has a secret weapon, he is really a she.*

Name: Lyaro (Lee-AH-roh)
Appearance: brown long curly hair, blue eyes, pale skin, slim figure, but strong.
Background: A street thief who doubles as the Midnight man. She wears ragged clothes during the day, but wears a beautiful black mask and black cape at night.
Personality: She is very careful and silent, she never makes a mistake (at least robbery wise) and she has a dark sense of humor. No real friends... as of yet....

*Your turn now*

~SishBee~
x
"We are all in the gutter but some of us are looking at the stars."
-Oscar Wilde

110 Reviews

Reviews: 110
Mon Aug 20, 2007 10:22 pm
TNCowgirl says...

Name:Trixie
Appearance: brown short straight, layered hair, sharp grey eyes, tan skin, slim yet athletic figure, has a hour glass figure but it is usually hidden under baggy clothes.
Background: beaten as a young child she ran off and took to the streets as a skilled robber and a body guard for her friends when they needed one
Personality: She is tough, has always had to fend for herself so she doesn’t know much else and isn’t used to it. She has a soft side, though no one has seen it in a while. She’ll kill anyone that hurts her friends or dares try.
"And you wonder why we don't like you!" -Trumpkin
Vist my world and make it bigger!
Want a Readers crit???

28 Reviews

Reviews: 28
Mon Aug 20, 2007 10:54 pm
EmiSukotto16 says...

Name: Sharra (Shar-ruh)
Appearance: long, curly, golden-blonde hair; svelte figure; blue-green eyes
Background: born into a wealthy family, she knows how the upperclass works, but she doubles as a thief at night. She tries to catch the Midnight Man, just to discover his identity. She knows where the high priced artifacts are kept and how to get them, but thievery isa hobby more than a job. She usually returns the stolen Items after she takes them.
Personality: laid-back and humorous, but stealthy and cat-like during a job. Doesn't have many friends do to the fact that she dislikes most of her class. Sh tends to get along better with the lower class, until they find out she's of nobility...
Llama 1:"Shh! Do you hear that? That's the sound of forgiveness."
Llama 2:"That's the sound of people drowning, Carl!"
Llama 1:"That is what forgiveness sounds like; screaming and then silence."

26 Reviews

Reviews: 26
Mon Aug 20, 2007 11:44 pm
sasquash says...

Name:Slade
Appearance:Tall and skinny.Very built, and fast. He has blond hair, but not many see it, as he usuall wears a hat.
Background:He was an orphan for as long as he could remember, and one night he just couldnt take it anymore. He snuck out when he was 15, and has been in search for his real parents ever since. Eventually he found his way to Venice, and kept hearing strange stories about this Midnight Man, and he wants to find out more. Plus, they say that he uses magic to rob, well lets see if he can do it the real the little cheater.
Personality:If with friends, and that is hardly ever, he is generally laid back, and humurous. When he leaves for the next site to look, he becomes very uptight around everyone, and keeps to himself.
It's ok to be a kid sometimes,

it's what keeps old people young

and young people growing!

164 Reviews

Reviews: 164
Tue Aug 21, 2007 2:52 am
Poltergiest says...

Name- Jack

Appearence- Slightly short with black hair. He has brown eyes and fair skin.

Age- 14

History- Has grown up on the streets ever since he has remembered. Grew up in Venice and has learned to stela just enough not to starve. Never knew his parents. He has read about The Midnight Man in old thrown away news papers but doesn't care much for him.

Personality- Extremely silent. Nearly never speaks and has no friends.

~Pol~
I used to rule the world, see it rise when I gave the word, now in the morning I sleep alone, sweep the streets I used to own

-Coldplay, Viva La Viva

52 Reviews

Tue Aug 21, 2007 9:03 am
SishBee says...

Lyaro slipped silently around the small alley-ways like a shadow. She had already donned her black cape and mask (both of which she had stolen from a countess when she was small).

Once she drew close to the canal, she whistled. A gondola glided across the water. She noticed that the gondolier was young, only about 14 and he was obviously not a proper gondolier.

Never-the-less, she dropped gracefully into the gondola and watched the boy out of the corner of her eye.

"So, so, so... you're the Midnight Man, sir?" the boy asked shakilly.

Layaro didn't answer, she hadn't yet perfected using a mans voice so instead she simply nodded.

"Viol told me to wait for your whistle."

Layaro listened to this ith interest, so he was one of Viol's boys. An interesting choice.

They reached the other side and Layaro put a finger to her lips.

The boy nodded.

She slipped back into the mist and shadows. Out of sight. Once she had reached her desired destination, she appeared to scale the ten meter high wall. Really what she did was expose her staff for a split second and it levitated her up to the window.

Layaro listened for the tell-tale breating which would accompany any hidden beings. Nothing. She climbed through the window and immediately found the object she was looking for; a staff with jewels guilded into its silver hide.

The staff had obviously never been used and she doubted it was active, but she was still going to steal it.

As she reached for the staff she heard a soft thump behind her. She swung around hand on he staff but with it still concealed beneath her cape.

It was the boy from the gondola. She rolled her eyes and grabbed the staff. The she ran towards the window, grabbed the boy by the waist and leapt.

They hung in the air for a second before drifting slowly back don to earth.

"Viol ows me big time for that!" She said, then remembering the boy was there, she swore.

"You're, a girl?" he asked as though it was some kind of joke.

"Yes. Got a problem with that?" She opened her cape to reveal her staff and jabbed it towards the boy. He fell over into the gondola. "That should keep him knocked out for a few hours." She said as she droppped down into the gondola and headed for her lair.

~SishBee~
x
-Oscar Wilde

116 Reviews

Reviews: 116
Tue Aug 21, 2007 6:33 pm
Maybe says...

I'm in.

Name: Aramber
Appearance: Black hair and gray eyes. Tall, lanky, and usually wrapped in a worn, black cloak.
Personality: Sarcastic, witty, intelligent, sly, mischievous, and usually fun to be around.
Abilities/Talents: Can use a bit of magic, but rarely to never uses it. Is an excellent climber and acrobat. Has amazing stealth which ables him to be successful in almost all of his missions.
History: Was born to a thief and learned all he now knows from his father. He usually keeps to himself and has few friends. He is very curious to see who the midnight thief really is...

(if this isnt allowed, just tell and i'll change. :D)
Be the cartoon heart. Light a fire, light a spark. Light a fire, flame in my heart. We'll run wild, we'll be glowing in the dark.

110 Reviews

Reviews: 110
Tue Aug 21, 2007 11:33 pm
TNCowgirl says...

Trixie ran across the roofs of several offive buildings. She saw a figure moving through the allys and she smiled. Maybe just maybe she would figure out who teh MIdnight Thief was. SHe followed the figure until they got to a area of water. She quietly followed in a small boat she had found and stayed just far enough away to keep from being seen. When she got on the land she was running after the figure when she ran into someone.

"Watch where your going." Someone snapped, it was a male voice.

"It's to darn dark to watch it." She snapped back. She could barely make out the tall figures form. He wasn't big but he didn't look like someone to get into a fight with.

"Just watch who you run into," He replied, he must've seen the Midnight theif,

"Perfectly fine, now if i don't get moving I wont be able to catch em." She said about to run after the Midnight theif.
"And you wonder why we don't like you!" -Trumpkin
Vist my world and make it bigger!
Want a Readers crit???

13 Reviews

Reviews: 13
Wed Aug 22, 2007 7:09 am
frenchpastry says...

I'll join! ;)

Name: Lilian (Lily)
Hair color: Dark Brown, long, usually keeps it in one braid down her back.
Clothing: Usually wears dresses or gowns, unless she is working or hanging out with friends out in the field behind her house.
Background: Lilian's family is not necassarily poor, but not really rich either. They aren't royalty or connected to anyone in high society. They're more like middle class.

Lilian walked along the alleyway, which was the easiest way to get to her friend's house without being seen. Dangerous, yes. Would her family approve if they knew? Of course not. That didn't stop her.

She collided with someone. A tall someone. A someone who she assumed to be a he.

"Excuse me, sir," she said, feeling slightly creeped at being alone with this person at night in the dark.

She heard a groan as she was pushed out of the way, and the person ran off.

"Nevermind then. Excuse you!" She huffed just as another person came toward her.

"Trixie?" She asked, squinting into the darkness just to make sure it was really her friend. "What are you doing here?'
"The greatest thing you'll ever learn is just to love and be loved in return." ^_^

52 Reviews

Wed Aug 22, 2007 9:15 am
SishBee says...

Lyaro dragged the boy down into the Theifs Lair.

"Look what the cat dragged in." said a voice.

"Shut up Slade. Help me out with this lump!" she indicated towards the boy she was dragging inside her cloak.

"Yeah, alright."Slade got up and picked the boy up in one easy movement. "You must be weak, he is like a doll."

"Fine, you try dragging him from the Grand Cannal to here and see how you feel."

Slade grunted in reply and half dropped half threw the boy onto a pile of sheets.

"So what did you get?" she asked.

"Three purses, about seven jewelled headdresses and one antique. You?"

"Five purses, two large bags of money and The Staff."

She reached into her pocket and drew out minatures of all the items. Then she threw them onto the floor and they returned to their normal size.

"So," she said "Whats for supper?"

*I hope you don't mind me adding your character into this but I felt this needed a kick start. I hope I got his personality right.*

~SishBee~
x
-Oscar Wilde

52 Reviews

Wed Aug 22, 2007 8:39 pm
ELven-Maiden says...

*Hope you don't mind me joining....If you do, I'll go away.*

Name: Hunter

appearance: Small for his age and very pale, with frightened dark-green eyes.

background: Has no clue what happened to his parents, lives with his uncle. He has not been treated well and is hardly able to go outside, and when he does, it's always night. Doesn't remember ever seeing the sun. His uncle has recently had the idea that the Midnight Man is sensitive to children and lets Hunter out almost every night.

Hunter tried not coming back when he was eight, but before the sun came up he was captured and found and was almost starved to death. Afraid of staying late ever since.

personality: Hardly ever talks, quiet, usually does what anyone says without any question at all.
Give me time, i'll crit your work XD I promise.
GO HORACE!
I have some IA on Venus, but I don't know how long it'll last. my com's getting crushed.
"Show me a sane man and I will cure him for you."~Carl Jung, psychologist and psychiatrist.

52 Reviews

Wed Aug 22, 2007 9:56 pm
SishBee says...

*Sure E-M, no prob sounds good to me. C'mon people keep this post alive, I am pretty much the only one posting at the minute....*

~SishBee~
x
-Oscar Wilde

164 Reviews

Reviews: 164
Wed Aug 22, 2007 10:09 pm
Poltergiest says...

Jack slowly awoke and rubbed his head. He felt a slight bump there and he looked around. He must be dreaming. There were floating pieces of gold and jewlry floating in the air.

Then his vision focused and he saw the black rock that the gold was lying on. He sat up and saw he was lying in a pile of blankets on a slightly wet floor.

He looked up and saw the lair's ceiling was dripping. He looked around and saw two tall people talking quitely. One looked at him and he gasped.

~Pol~
I used to rule the world, see it rise when I gave the word, now in the morning I sleep alone, sweep the streets I used to own

-Coldplay, Viva La Viva

116 Reviews

Reviews: 116
Wed Aug 22, 2007 10:31 pm
Maybe says...

Someone else can bring me in cuz i have no idea how to introduce my character....
Be the cartoon heart. Light a fire, light a spark. Light a fire, flame in my heart. We'll run wild, we'll be glowing in the dark.

52 Reviews

Wed Aug 22, 2007 10:32 pm
ELven-Maiden says...

*my character's out and about, DM. We could bump into each other if you like.*

Hunter wandered along the side of some obscure canal, stopping every now and hten to nervously glance up at the sky. There was no moon tonight, so he had no way of knowing when it was time to go back. Normally he would stay close to home when the nights were moonless, but his uncle had found him staying close and chased him off. He had no idea why he was let out at night. His unlce had only said to look for a man with a black mask, and that was it. That was his only clue.

He stopped and sat down next to the canal, dipping his bare feet into the cold, black water. there were no boats going by, and he was safe until three in the morning.he knew for sure it wasn't three yet, but it unnerved him not to be able to tell how much longer he had before his uncle came looking for him.

The man in the black mask...

He had looked for him before, but never able to find him. Hunter had become convinced that it was a cruel joke to have Hunter out wandering around at night, to make him think that he had an important job to do and panic because he wasn't doing it.

With a sigh, Hunter got to his feet and continued to wander around the alleys, not interested in the crowds in the more popular canals and paths.
Give me time, i'll crit your work XD I promise.
GO HORACE!
I have some IA on Venus, but I don't know how long it'll last. my com's getting crushed.
"Show me a sane man and I will cure him for you."~Carl Jung, psychologist and psychiatrist.

Bananas
— looseleaf