z

Young Writers Society

Arabian Knights

270 Reviews

Reviews: 270
Sun Aug 19, 2007 11:39 pm
Alice says...

Alright this is about England trying to take over the Arabs during the midevil times.

A few things to point out:
This isn't based on an actual event
We're not even sure if anybody actually lived here during this time, or if England knew about it.

Rules:
No Godmodding
You have to be a Knight or an arabic lady or a pirate intending to sell the ladies
Romance is more than encouraged
with that in mind, keep it pg 13 please
Profiles in red
comments with either the ** or () around them, or make it green.
only two characters per person, no more, but you can have just one
lastly, have fun with it!
Last edited by Alice on Mon Aug 20, 2007 9:44 pm, edited 2 times in total.
I just lost the game.

270 Reviews

Sun Aug 19, 2007 11:41 pm
Alice says...

Nina
Arab lady
Should be married by now, but her father refuses to marry her to someone she doesn't want.
Is outspoken, hot tempered, and opinionated.
Knows when to keep her mouth shut.
Is always getting into trouble with her mother.
Ignores her fathers insults when its not supposed to offend her.
Enjoys the Arabic coffee.
Last edited by Alice on Wed Aug 22, 2007 12:58 am, edited 2 times in total.
I just lost the game.

26 Reviews

Reviews: 26
Sun Aug 19, 2007 11:44 pm
sasquash says...

**Looks like fun to me!**

Name:Warren

Appearance:Tall and strongly built. Blond hair that was never possible to keep strait. Hazel eyes that seem gold at a glance.

History:He had never been much for fighting untill this war came around, but when it did, he was amazed with what he could do. Because of this, he was the youngest captain so far in the war. His father had left him and his mother when he was an infant, so he never really got to know him.
It's ok to be a kid sometimes,

it's what keeps old people young

and young people growing!

110 Reviews

Reviews: 110
Sun Aug 19, 2007 11:52 pm
TNCowgirl says...

Alla
Arab lady
Her father wants her to marry a man she doesn't love, so she took off
Is quiet, but when her temper flares watch out, though don't worry it doesn't happen much :D
Is dangerous when she feels threatened
Is carefull who she talks to, is staying with her friends family right now

All up for fallin in love :D
"And you wonder why we don't like you!" -Trumpkin
Vist my world and make it bigger!
Want a Readers crit???

116 Reviews

Reviews: 116
Mon Aug 20, 2007 3:22 am
Maybe says...

*This sounds awesome. I'm in!*

Name: Richard
Status/Class: Knight
Appearance: Blond hair, blue eyes, tall, lanky, and handsome. Wears silver, sand weathered armor and a red cape.
Personality: Seems really mean and sarcastic at first, but can be nice to those he trusts. He has a temper, but has learned to control it...mostly. He trusts no one until they prove themselves to him and earn his trust, but once you have his trust he will put his life on the line for you. He is moody, independent, observant, witty, smart, and sly.
History: He reveals little about his past. He became an orphan at the age of twelve and lived with his uncle, who taught him all he knows. When his uncle died, two years ago, he joined the english troops and was just shipped over to Arabia. He was one of the first soldiers shipped over. He met a abarian lady and fell in love with her. (I'll let you all decide who.). Now, since he doesn't want to lose his woman, he plays both sides, but mostly fights for the Arabians. He feeds the english troops false information and stuff like that.
Weapons: Sword, daggers, and round sharp throwing disks.
Picture: Image
Be the cartoon heart. Light a fire, light a spark. Light a fire, flame in my heart. We'll run wild, we'll be glowing in the dark.

110 Reviews

Mon Aug 20, 2007 1:04 pm
TNCowgirl says...

*Now that ain't rightly fair, :P but I'm all up for it, I really don't care. Now I'm gonna add a little history to my girl*

Alla walked out to the well and drew out bucket of water, she heard a horse behind her and she suddenly spun around. Exal, the man she was to marry stood there on his horse, as always he sat as if he owned the world.

"What do you want?" She asked as nicely as she could walking past him with the water back towards her horse. She had been riding all morning and it needed water.

"The wedding is in two weeks and you aren't supposed to leave your home." He said,

"I'm not marrying you." She snapped letting her horse drink. He laughed, that annoying, harsh, laugh. She shuttered at the laugh, oh how she hated this man.

"Oh, quiet the oppisite, your father has promised me you will so you will." Exal laughed dismounting. Alla looked at the bucket, her horse was done and she had to get out of there. She quickly mounted and spun her horse around. Exal yelled something but she couldn't hear letting his voice be drowned out by the sound of her horses hooves.
Last edited by TNCowgirl on Mon Aug 20, 2007 2:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Want a Readers crit???

2631 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 2631
Mon Aug 20, 2007 1:22 pm
Rydia says...

Could I have two characters? If you let me have two I shall make my second a boy looking for romance :wink: Either way, here's my first character -

Name= Kalila
Age= 21
Gender= Female
Hair= Long, black and silky. She often wears it in a single plait adorned with jewels.
Eyes= Dark, chocolate brown.
Figure= Average height and slim.
Personality= Sweet, loving, caring. Kalila is a very patient woman and always very warm and kind.
History= Kalila's family are very rich and her father and mother are encouraging her to get married.
Writing Gooder

~Previously KittyKatSparklesExplosion15~

The light shines brightest in the darkest places.

270 Reviews

Mon Aug 20, 2007 7:41 pm
Alice says...

Nina sat silently with her mother, and did her best to ignore her continuious scoffing.

"Mother please leave it be."

"What was wrong with him?"

"He was ugly and mean."

"He was rich and strong, he could've protected you from the English."

"Mother they're honerable men, they wouldn't harm a woman."

Her mother scoffed and turned her head, at the same time her father entered the room. "Father!" Nina said joyfully and embraced him. Her mother looked disgusted.

"Turn down another suitor, Nina?"

"Yes," she made a face, "Romaten, such an ugly name for the ugly man."

"She must marry soon! Or she will not be had at all!" Her mother declared.

"Then I shall die a happy woman!" She retorted, and instead of waiting for a responce she turned to her father, "I'd like to go for a walk, might I borrow your dagger?"

With her fathers dagger in her bag she set out on a walk, unafraid of who she might meet along the way.

**Time for a Knight to meet her**
I just lost the game.

52 Reviews

Reviews: 52
Mon Aug 20, 2007 10:09 pm
ELven-Maiden says...

K, I'm making two characters...If it's not okay, I'll get rid of one.

Name: Jordan

appearance: tall and lean, with gold hair and green eyes. He is very good with a bow and arrow and a sword. He's decent with knife fights, but not a master.

personality: He's kind only to friends and who he respects. anyone else could get hurt around him. He has long patience and understanding for friends and respected ones, but is impatient and short-tempered otherwise.

History: His father was a noblemen, but all his property was burned to the ground, and he was killed. Jordan's mother sent her only son, seven at the time, to the castle to train to be a knight, which he has become. His mother died of old age some time ago, though, leaving Jordan as a poor knight with no land or money to his name.

and....

Name: Jahdi

Side: English

Appearance: Dark skinned with black hair and black eyes. he's quick and agile. Wears falcanor's gloves, because he has a red falcon named Relda, who is either on his fist, on his shoulder, or in the air. never anywhere else. Relda was a gift from Jordan.

Personality: sly and quick-witted. He respects Jordan, but if he disagress, Jhadi will find loopholes to get what he wants.

History: Was born in Arabia. His father was a merchant, and one of his caravans was attacked, and he was killed. Jhadi was found by some English knights, who gave him to a noble as a servant until he was seven, when the noble decided to send him to the castle for training. Became a squire at age twelve and can't wait for the day he will be knighted. He is Jordan's squire.
Give me time, i'll crit your work XD I promise.
GO HORACE!
I have some IA on Venus, but I don't know how long it'll last. my com's getting crushed.
"Show me a sane man and I will cure him for you."~Carl Jung, psychologist and psychiatrist.

110 Reviews

Wed Aug 22, 2007 12:02 am
TNCowgirl says...

Alla raced home only to find out that her father knew about her argument with her 'future husband'.

"Young LADY!" He yelled at her, "you are going to marry him."

"No I am not." She replied getting back on her horse and racing to a friend's.

"Alla! What are you doing here?" Serra asked walking out of her home.

"My father wants me to marry Exal." She replied, "I will not."

"But Exal is such a wonderful man." Serra smiled, Alla rolled her eyes. "I was kidding, you'll stay with us. Though I must warn you, there are some English Knights staying with us."

"How many?" Alla asked,

"I'm not sure, it might just be one, mama didn't tell me. She just said we were having company." Serra grinned, "Course, we could find you a husband from one of them." Alla turned red at that.

"Serra, they will probably not stay here long." Alla said,

"Mama said that they might be staying with us for quiet a bit. Well, they are acctually staying in the guest house *or is it tent???*. It is a bit away from the main house but still they are going to be eating with us."

"Serra don't get any wild ideas." Alla groaned,

"Oh, I wont." Serra just grinned and lead Alla into the house.
Want a Readers crit???

2631 Reviews

Supporter

Wed Aug 22, 2007 12:14 am
Rydia says...

Okay, here's my knight =)

Name= Sir Nicholas
Gender= Male
Age= 23
Allegiance= English
Appearance= Nicholas has chestnut brown hair and clear, blue eyes. He is tall with an average build.
Personality= Inteligent and refined. Nicholas may be a good fighter but he's also the perfect gentleman and would never dream of harming a lady.
History= Nicholas is the second son of a wealthy family. His older brother will inherit the land and therefore has no need of a job and his younger brothers have become a scholar and a priest. Johnathon's older sister is already married to some other wealthy man and has her first child.

There you go Alzz. What do you think? Is he good enough?
Writing Gooder

270 Reviews

Wed Aug 22, 2007 12:19 am
Alice says...

**He's great. I'm still waiting for a Knight to find my character**
I just lost the game.

110 Reviews

Wed Aug 22, 2007 12:25 am
TNCowgirl says...

** Join the club :P**
Want a Readers crit???

2631 Reviews

Supporter

Wed Aug 22, 2007 12:29 am
Rydia says...

Nicholas

"Damn weather," My partner murmured as he pressed his body against his horse so as to avoid the worst of the dust storm.

"Sir Nicholas, we really must find somewhere to stay. If this weather gets worse..." My squire began to wring his hands in worry and the other boy seemed to be in complete agreement.

"Okay. I suppose it's alright if we pay them..."

"Pay who? You can't possibly be considering spending a night with any of these people!" My partner objected.

"It will mean a clean room and somewhere inside," His squire pointed out. My partner appeared to value his squire's opinion for he nodded thoughtfully and sent the boy to knock on the nearest door.
Writing Gooder

116 Reviews

Reviews: 116
Wed Aug 22, 2007 1:14 am
Maybe says...

Richard sat in his saddle, without any company, even a scribe. But it didn't bother him, he preferred his own company than to that of others. Except one other...

Richard dismounted, walked to a nearby house, and went around back. He easily scaled the side of the house, making no noise in all his armor. He reached an overhanging balcony and swung himself over, his cape billowing out behind him. He could dimly hear voices coming out of a window close by.

"Where could Nina be? It's been far too long..." the feminine voice trailed off.

Richard cursed.

"I'll go out and find her. She shouldn't be too far..." A more masculine voice said and Richard heard someone walking towards the front of the house.

An idea sparked in his mind and he jumped down from the balcony, landing gracefully on the sand below. He raced to the front of the house and pretended he was just walking by. A large, burly man opened the door and stepped out.

"Problem, sir?" Richard asked, acting as if to notice the man's worried expression.

"Yes. My daughter went out for a walk and she hasn't returned."

"How long ago did she leave?"

"Almost an hour ago."

"I can go and find her, if you'd like. You'll just need to describe her."

The man sighed and reluctantly agreed, telling Richard what his daughter looked like. Richard promised he would return with the mans daughter. Just as he was turning to leave he called back, "What's your daughters name?"

"Nina." the man called back, and entered his house. Richard smiled to himself and ran off to find his horse. Hopping on, he rode to where he knew she would be...

*Ok alice. Hope this is what you meant on IM...*
Be the cartoon heart. Light a fire, light a spark. Light a fire, flame in my heart. We'll run wild, we'll be glowing in the dark.

The capacity of human beings to bore one another seems to be vastly greater than that of any other animal.
— H. L. Mencken