z

Young Writers Society

Autumn's Beginning, Autumn's Breeze

116 Reviews

Reviews: 116
Tue Aug 14, 2007 5:27 am
Maybe says...

Another fantasy SB, i know. This one takes place in the world of Aeride and there is magic and all that good stuff. You can be any race, and it's medieval. So go crazy. Here's the rules...

Rules!

-The usual, no god modding.
-Two characters per person, but if you make two they have to be related in some way. (ex. twins, brothers, sisters, brother/sister, mother/son, etc.)
-If you use a bizzare race, please put description of that race.
-You CAN take a character from a book, but you have to edit something about them. (ex. Name, race, looks, personality, etc.)
-And...go crazy and have fun! :P
(I can change these rules at any time so...yeah.)

Name: Nathaniel (Or Nat/Nathan)
Race: Human
Class Thingy: Mage, of course!
Appearance: Light brown, shoulder length hair, golden eyes, and pale skin. Sickly and thin, but fair height. Wears red robes, indicating neutrality.
Picture: http://aeon-snowdragon.deviantart.com/a ... in-6144988 http://j-c.deviantart.com/art/Raistlin- ... e-38791830
Personality: Sarcastic, bitter, cynical, and stubborn. He will stop at nothing to achieve his goal and is always looking for a way to benefit himself in a situation. Witty, observant, sly, secretive, and intelligent. He has no true friends.
History: He grew up in the town of Verlmil with his mother, father, brother, and half sister. He was near death when born but was miraculously saved. Ever since he's been a sickly child who avoids others and sticks to his own studies. He is a skilled mage and a slight healer. His father died nearly five years ago, his mother shortly after. He has not seen his half sister in almost three years, but it doesn't bother him.
Abilities: A powerful mage and a slightly skilled healer.
Other: Gerard's twin brother

Name: Gerard
Race: Human
Class Thingy: Swordsman
Appearance: Muscular with wavy brown hair that reaches his shoulders. Mud brown eyes and very handsome. Wears armor and a golden winged helm.
Picture: http://www.geocities.com/Area51/Shadowl ... aramon.jpg (sucky picture, but w/e)
Personality: Almost the exact opposite of his twin, Gerard is a kind, caring, trustworthy person who would lay down his life for his friends. Always dotting over his sickly twin (much to Nathaniel's annoyance) he knows how to heal basic wounds. He possesses no magic, but enjoys swordplay. Is always looking for someone new to test his skills on. He is lively, active, genial, and friendly. He is much slower than his brother, but is used to following Nathaniel's orders. He has many friends.
History: A muscular youth you loves sword play. He grew up with his mother, father, twin brother, and half sister. Father dies five years ago, and mother soon after. Is very active and
Abilities: A amazing swordsman and can move in his armor with making barley a sound.
Other: Nathaniel's Twin Brother

I will start this off tomorrow. For now, post your profiles.
*If you recognize these characters, good for you! If not...well...whatever. All the better, i suppose*
Last edited by Maybe on Tue Feb 19, 2008 4:24 am, edited 4 times in total.
Be the cartoon heart. Light a fire, light a spark. Light a fire, flame in my heart. We'll run wild, we'll be glowing in the dark.

142 Reviews

Reviews: 142
Tue Aug 14, 2007 5:37 am
Bella says...

Name~Bella
Age~19
Race~Shapeshifter (can change into anything, no limits or rules, other than it has to be something she's seen before)
Gender~Female
Appearance~depends on the day, but is always tall and lanky if she is in a human type form.
Weapon~daggers, swords, magic, anything you give her, she can handle with ease. that's one of her few talents.
Personality~Very outgoing and excitable.
History~Grew up in Verlmil with her older sister. Was a tomboy, and often hung out with Nat and Gerard, who lived next door to her. She never told anyone, but she had a huge crush on Nat; she was one of the few people who he would actually speak to as an equal, although, she was never sure if he was telling the truth. She trusts him with her life, whether he really would save her or not.

***Is this ok? Or did I mess with Nat too much?***
i carry your heart(i carry it in my heart) <3

Please review my performance poem?

270 Reviews

Reviews: 270
Tue Aug 14, 2007 5:37 am
Alice says...

Name: Alise
Appearence:
(I like this one so I'm just going to use the picture, but she's paler than the picture)
(Racheal Leigh Cook fits a lot of my storybook characters, because she's just awesome like that!)
Extra: When she's happy (which she is a lot) she skips around, and can survive in the sunlight. She can tell what your name is, how old you are, and your greatest weakness apon a single sight of you. She rarely feeds off of humans, mostly animals, but when she's sad she'll drink from a human to lift her spirits.
Ablities: She can tell what your name is, how old you are, and your greatest weakness apon a single sight of you, hide her thoughts from mind intruders, and suduce anybody into being a willing victem of her drinking (thats as far as that ability goes though)
History: She can't remember it, and thats her mission in life, to figure it out.
Last edited by Alice on Tue Aug 14, 2007 5:43 am, edited 1 time in total.
I just lost the game.

116 Reviews

Tue Aug 14, 2007 5:40 am
Maybe says...

Perfect, Bella! I'll wait for more people to join then i'll start it off. Expect it sometime around 10:30 am eastern time. XD
Be the cartoon heart. Light a fire, light a spark. Light a fire, flame in my heart. We'll run wild, we'll be glowing in the dark.

116 Reviews

Tue Aug 14, 2007 3:21 pm
Maybe says...

OK, here's the start! Hope everyone is alright with this...:)
------------------------------------

Twilight approached the small town of Verlmil, reaching out to enclose it in it's night. Few birds sang their harmonious songs, and the owls were beginning to stir. The shadows stretched to huge lengths, giving everything an eerie feeling and making the night ever darker.

Two men walked the dark streets of Verlmil, headed in the direction of glowing lights in the distance. One walked with faulting steps, leaning heavily upon a staff he held clutched in his hand, as if trying to draw life from the dark wood. Occasionally a cough would wrack his frail body, causing him to stop until it passed.

The second man would stop too, and linger over his companion, constantly asking if he was alright. This man was much stronger than his companion, more healthy and alive. He carried a battle worn sword at his side and wore scarred armor. A seasoned warrior, to any passerby.

"You alright, Nat?" the warrior asked, hovering over his companion as another cough rendered the frail young man unable to continue for a moment. When the spasm passed Nat looked up.

"How do i ever feel?" he asked bitterly. "It's this autumn air..." he muttered, but the warrior did not hear him. Sighing, being careful not to take deep breaths, Nat continued on after the warrior. The lights in the distance were beginning to grow brighter and loom closer, silhouetting the huge building where they were headed.

"Do you think they'll be here, Nat?" the warrior asked over his shoulder.

"Hard to say. If they're alive, if they remembered, they'll be here." Nathaniel replied.

They continued on in silence for a few minutes before the warrior broke it again. "I hope they're here."

The building was much closer now, and people were bustling all around, some carrying trays laden with food and drinks and some simply sitting at booths or at the bar. The inn of the First Ale was popular around these parts and most travelers stopped here from food, drinks, and a nights lodgings.

Nat did not reply to the warrior for sometime. Just before they reached the door to the inn, he said, "I'm sure someone will be here, Gerard. It just a question of who."

The warrior, Gerard, reached for the handle and opened the door, letting a burst of warmth, sweet smelling air, and loud voices fall upon them. Nathaniel stepped over the threshold and looked around for anyone they knew. At first glance, it was all just travelers and one or two citizens. But, after studying some of the faces he recognized more and more people. It had been nearly three years since they had stepped foot in this town, and surprisingly a lot of people had changed. None of these people were the one's they were looking for except for...

"Bella!" Gerard exclaimed and a tall, lanky girl sitting at the bar turned her head and smiled. She waved the two of them over and grinned.

"Long time no see." she said. Gerard grinned too, but Nat's face was emotionless.

"Where are the others?" he asked.

"Haven't seen anyone. I would've thought they'd be here by now..." Bella said. They all exchanged worried glances.

The two brothers had left Verlmil for reasons they had only told certain people, the people they were looking for tonight. Bella was one, Unther was two, Sabel was three, and Jame was four. The two brothers made six, and all were supposed to meet at this inn at this night, after three years. So far only three had made it.

"So how've ya been!?" Gerard asked.

185 Reviews

Reviews: 185
Tue Aug 14, 2007 3:35 pm
piepiemann22 says...

This looks fun.

Name- Silvin

Race- Elf

Age- 112(Young by elf standards)

Gender- M

Looks- Clothing: Wears a forest green shirt with dark brown leggings. Fetures: Average hight and build. Has long blonde almost brown hair, sholder leangth. Light green eyes.

Wepons- A short bow and a mythril sword

Occupation- primarily a scout, he is also a runner.

Silvin is currently bringing a message to Verlmil from lord Galahad of Quelanost.
I will always fight back, no matter what.

185 Reviews

Tue Aug 14, 2007 4:53 pm
piepiemann22 says...

Silvin was sitting at the bar minding his own business. This town was just one of his many stops. He looked up to see two men enter. the sickly one seemed to examine everyone carfully meeting Silvins eyes once or twice. They ended up talking a seat next to him though they faced the other way talking to a young woman.

"Get I buy you a drink friend?"

116 Reviews

Tue Aug 14, 2007 6:19 pm
Maybe says...

Gerard turned to the stranger. "Sure, thanks!"

After the bartender had given Gerard his ale he asked the stranger, "An elf, eh? What are you doing around these parts? We don't usually see many of your kind around here."

"I'm delivering a message. By the way, what's your name?"

"Gerard. You?"

"Silvin."

"Hey Nat, this is Silvin." Gerard said, tapping his brother on the shoulder. Nathaniel turned to look at the elf, muttered a 'Hello' and turned back to his conversation with Bella. Gerard glanced at the elf apologetically.

"Sorry about my brother. He's not the friendliest person in the world. But he's pretty nice once you get to know him!" Gerard said, determined not to put a black mark on his brother's personality. The elf smiled slightly.

"So what are you doing here?" the elf asked.

"Oh, we used to live here but we went off for a few years. Just got back. We're looking for some friends. Bella here's the only one who's shown up so far." Gerard explained.

"Ah, i see." Silvin said.

"Hey Nathaniel," Gerard said, tapping his brother again. Nathaniel turned around and studied his twin irritably.

"What?"

"Don't you think they should've been here by now?"

"No telling." Nathaniel said, and he turned again to Bella.

169 Reviews

Reviews: 169
Tue Aug 14, 2007 9:33 pm
Lethero says...

I'm coming in :D

Name:Lethero (obviously)
Race:Werewolf :D
Appearance:Werewolf-White fur, Red eyes. Human-White hair, red eyes, pale skin.
Both:Black Leather armor, and a scimitar in a scabbard on his back.
Fly, Fight, Win . . . in Air, Space, and Cyberspace.
-Air Force Mission Statement-

Integrity First
Service Before Self
Excellence In All We Do
~Air Force Core Values~

*Lethero*

270 Reviews

Wed Aug 15, 2007 2:07 am
Alice says...

Alise watched the odd looking group from across the bar, hungrier than she ever had before. The bar-man had a bottle somewhere most likely, but she was in a good mood tonight, and decided to hunt anamials, or them.

She stood up lightly and glided to the bar, scipping in public-dressed as she was-was a sure way to get your butt grabbed. She was in too good of a mood for that.

At the bar the group eyed her suspiciously as the bartender shivered in fear.

"Do not be afraid, you have a bottle somewhere no?" the bartender nodded. "Then that is all i'll ask of you for the month."

As he walked away she played her power, making him willing, she didn't go so far as to make him a willing victem, but willing. He looked happier.

She turned to look at the group, with an air of confidence she walked over to them. "Hello, Bella," she said silently counting her weaknesses, "Nathan, Gared, and Silvin." She started when she saw him, "Silvin, its been too long my friend, how have you been?"
I just lost the game.

185 Reviews

Wed Aug 15, 2007 2:38 am
piepiemann22 says...

Silvin sighed, "Good I supose. I enjoy peace, but running arones is no my thing."

"I can agree with you on that." Alise took a seat next to Silvin.

Gerard, a little disturbed asked "How did you know my brothers my name?"

The Nate turned around, "A gift I'd supose. Very annoying indeed."

Alice just gave a smile while Silive took another lick of his ale.

270 Reviews

Wed Aug 15, 2007 2:41 am
Alice says...

When Alise grinned her fangs extended outside of her mouth and she raised a hand to cover them.

"You're a vampire?" Gerad asked.

Alise nodded, "I am."

The room got very cold very fast. The warmth only returned when the bartender came back and handed Alise a bottle.

"Thank you," she smiled and took a big drink. "I don't care to drink from anything that can talk back," Alise explained, "I don't want to know who I'm drinking."
I just lost the game.

110 Reviews

Reviews: 110
Wed Aug 15, 2007 2:18 pm
TNCowgirl says...

Name: Ara
Race: Humen/she can talk to animals though
Class Thingy: Fighter, loner for the most part
Appearance: Athletic, tough, tan, slinny, long brown hair, sharp blue eyes, and a face that doesn't show much, yet :P
Picture: Image
Personality: Isn't very trusting at first, but when she makes friends she will kill for them. She stays loyal, and is a bad person to have as an enemy but a good one as a friend. She hates liars, and she can't stand people that will use others for their own acomplishment if they are just gonna get rid of the other person
History: She was abandoned as a young child, shes taken care of herself ever sense and has taught herself to fight,
Abilities: She can talk to animals, When she gets into a fight her eyes turn grey and she can take on a small group of men. Her 'drive' controlls her until they are all dead or she is knocked out. She uses one of those sticks (I don't remember what they are called right now) and a lot of knives. Espeically throwing knives.
Other: She's up for anything, :D
*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

Ara walked into the room and looked around. There was a group of people sitting and talking, other then that there weren't many others. She walked to the barkeep and he handed her a glass of water. SHe came in here every now and then and got news,

"Who are they?" She asked with out looking at the small group.

"Not sure, they are of mixed company, one is a vampire." He shuttered,

"Do you know thier buisness?" She asked, her tone was quiet.

"No, no i haven't been payin attention, just tryin to keep as far away from the vampire as possible." He said, Ara nodded
Last edited by TNCowgirl on Wed Aug 15, 2007 5:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"And you wonder why we don't like you!" -Trumpkin
Vist my world and make it bigger!
Want a Readers crit???

116 Reviews

Wed Aug 15, 2007 4:18 pm
Maybe says...

Nathaniel examined the vampire while Gerard was inching to the other side of Bella. The door opened again and a young woman with long brown hair stepped in. She glanced around the room and took a seat at the other end of the bar. Nathaniel turned to examine the newcomer but there was not much to see besides her hair for her back was turned to them. He shrugged and turned to listen curiously at the conversation between the vampire and elf.

*all i've got at the moment.*

110 Reviews

Reviews: 110
Wed Aug 15, 2007 5:46 pm
TNCowgirl says...

*I added a pic*

Ara's ears pricked up at the sound of swift feet running along the ground. A small dog looking creature ran in and sat at her feet. It looked up at her,

'This town is in danger,' it said, Ara raised her eyebrow in question, no one could hear her when she talked to the animals, but she didn't need to say anything right now. 'there is a group of...i don't know, some sort of creature I've never seen before.'

'How many?' She asked,

'Twenty, thrity maybe.' it replied, she nodded and it walked out laying next to the door.

*hope y'all don't mind, it didn't seem like there was much action. *
"And you wonder why we don't like you!" -Trumpkin
Vist my world and make it bigger!
Want a Readers crit???

Have a biscuit, Potter.
— Professor McGonagall