z

Young Writers Society

Fused

41 Reviews

Reviews: 41
Fri Aug 10, 2007 11:18 pm
Layleun says...

(Warning: This story book is going to be so unrealistic that it isn't funny. I don't want anyone in here dissing my storybook saying, "This will never happen, it's impossible." Well, yeah, I know, it's an alternate reality.)

The year is 6666, all who is left calls it 'Year of the Devil'. These people have been through it all yet they still fear this particular year. Centuries ago, in 2012, the world stopped being politically correct. The United States Military got the order from the President to make a nuclear weapon to destroy Iraq. The years had been ravaged by bombing and war and the President had had enough. The missile had been released after evacuating the Major Cities into a gigantic bomb shelters underground.

Good thing they got out in time. The missile hit it's target and set off a chain reaction, blowing up all of the missiles and bombs in Iraq and the surrounding area. The world quickly slipped into a nuclear winter. All the people underground found out about the rest of the earth and were shocked. Their families and friends had been out there. Fury rose through the survivors as they started enlarging the shelters and making room for what plant and animal life they had brought.

Over the years people started to mutate. Most people started living less than 40. Scientists saw the effects of the cold and decided to do something. Now that the cities were connected in some way, they had an advantage to come up with a plan. They started fusing animal DNA with embryos so the children could have a chance to survive.

Now, in the Devil's Year, all of the original survivors are gone but a new generation has rose up. The people of this age live much longer, the longest being 562. All of the generation has animal DNA in them that effects their appearance. Some people have been fused with polar bear DNA, they are the ones who have white fur and large claws. They look for rubble on the top world. Some are fish DNA fused, they use the underground rivers to swim from town to town, carrying messages. The diversity is infinite, along with the choices. What will happen during the Devil's Year? Will this society fall or prevail?
Last edited by Layleun on Wed Aug 15, 2007 9:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.

41 Reviews

Fri Aug 10, 2007 11:27 pm
Layleun says...

Name: Jax (jacks)

DNA: Mutt

Description: White dog arms and legs, shoulder length orange hair, broad nose, turquoise-blue eyes. She likes to walk on both two and four legs. When addressing someone she usually walks on two and when she runs messages and speed travels she uses four.

Picture (just without the wings): Image

Job: Varies. Usually she's a message runner or carrier.

City: New Bronx, New York
New Bronx is a huge domed city under central New York. The middle of the area holds the park or forest. All of the flora and fauna from the city lives in the park. A field runs through the middle with various creeks fed by underground lakes. The city itself is one of the most high tech cities left in America, it's run by the boss-woman called Zabuji who cares for the people. Here, there is no currency, just trade or loans.
Last edited by Layleun on Mon Aug 13, 2007 9:54 pm, edited 2 times in total.

103 Reviews

Reviews: 103
Sat Aug 11, 2007 12:14 am
Dynamo says...

(Looks interesting. I'm game.)

Name: Eric Silvertooth
DNA: White Wolf
Appearance: Snow white hair that grows all the way down his back. Long canine teeth. Silver eyes. Body build of a werewolf.
Personality: Your typical "lone wolf."
Last edited by Dynamo on Wed Aug 15, 2007 11:07 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Chicken <-- Egg <-- Rocket Powered Fist
Take that, science!

116 Reviews

Reviews: 116
Sat Aug 11, 2007 2:57 am
Maybe says...

Woot! This looks awesome! I'm so in!

Name: Kali
DNA: Fox
Appearance: Fiery red, spiky hair, light brown eyes, tanned skin, tall, and muscular. Wears a white cloak, a small tube top, and a light gray skirt.
Picture: http://www.deviantart.com/deviation/16090949/
Personality: Sly, mischievous, carefree, reckless, and nosy. She is adventurous and curious, loves poking her nose where it doesn't belong, and always seems to find some way out of trouble.
Be the cartoon heart. Light a fire, light a spark. Light a fire, flame in my heart. We'll run wild, we'll be glowing in the dark.

170 Reviews

Reviews: 170
Sat Aug 11, 2007 7:11 am
Lindsaroo says...

*Omg Lupe. This sounds amazing. I'm so joining.*

Name: Sandy Pressington
DNA: Hyena
"After it happened I thought that I'd just try to live as normally as possible and bury it, but things like that don't stay buried. I didn't think it would, but it taints your whole life."

"My desires were bestial, obviously." -Jeffery Dahmer.

13 Reviews

Reviews: 13
Sat Aug 11, 2007 7:46 pm
frenchpastry says...

Amazing idea. ;) I'm so in.

Name: Alana
DNA: Cat
Looks: Long, blonde hair w/ ears at the top of her head. Her fingernails are claws. She loves to run using all four limbs, but walks like a human most of the time for appearance purposes. She also has a long blonde tail.
"The greatest thing you'll ever learn is just to love and be loved in return." ^_^

52 Reviews

Reviews: 52
Sat Aug 11, 2007 11:01 pm
SishBee says...

Wow! Great idea!

Name: Nica (NEE-cah)
DNA: Sadly a bat.
Appearance: Messy black hair, black eyes, pale skin, bat wings, two tiny bat teeth which poke out.
Personality: Shy and insecure. Tall but walks with a stoop.
Wears: Scrappy, dirty, once black combats and sunglasses (aviators) to protech his eyes in the day.

~SishBee~
x
"We are all in the gutter but some of us are looking at the stars."
-Oscar Wilde

41 Reviews

Mon Aug 13, 2007 10:03 pm
Layleun says...

(Hey everyone, sorry for taking so long. My dad started working at home so I can only get on at night. Above I edited my description of Jax and the city she lives in. I'd prefer everyone in the same city for interaction reasons but if you want to be in another surviving city, you may.))

Jax sat atop a statue in the Park. The statue was of the woman who ran the city, Zabuji. Stretching her paws up into the air Jax yawned and cracked her neck. She stood shakily and jumped to the ground. Surveying the field she saw it was finally dark enough for the fireflies. The scientists that helped run the city made artificial sky lights to imitate what the skies looked like back before the holocaust.

Jax chuckled as she flipped her paw and held it out. Shortly a firefly approached and landed on her palm pad. She held the other paw up to hold the firefly. It bounced happily between her paws as she crouched down and let the firefly go. It zipped away to join its other companions. Jax smiled, still crouching. She put her forepaws down and arched her back. Springing forward she sped through the field. She let out a whoop, speeding and romping through the grass.

43 Reviews

Reviews: 43
Mon Aug 13, 2007 10:39 pm
Kyuubi says...

Sounds interesting.

Name: Corun Vall
DNA: Jet Black Timberwolf
Personality: Caring and kind. Can be tough and severe when the situation demands.
Looks: Black hair, tall, muscular. Average weight.
Occupation: Leads a pack of DNA Wolves around on the surface looking for survivors or other useful items. Is also the city's security force.

Bio: Corun was born when the last half of New Bronx was finished. He got bored with being underground so he decided to go up to the surface. He spends almost a month up there at a time before coming back to the city with news and supplies.

170 Reviews

Tue Aug 14, 2007 12:40 am
Lindsaroo says...

Sandy watched Jax run around and she laughed. Jax's ears pricked up and she looked around.

"It's just me." Sandy said standing up and walking over. "How you been?"

"Fine and you?"

"I'm still alive right?" Jax laughed and Sandy sat down on the ground. "Just bored is all."

"You're always bored. Get up and do something."

"What can I do besides hope for this year to pass as quickly as possible?"

"Nothing is going to happen." She said sitting down next to her.

"Oh yeah. How can you be so sure?" But just then, Kali came running in.

"I thought it was supposed to be peacful out here?" Jax sighed and Sandy laughed again.

"Hey guys!" Kali said.

"Hey ya lil' brat." Sandy said smiling.

"I'm not that young." And Sandy and Jax laughed more. "Ok, I'm not much younger than you." She growled.

"Yeah, only 38 years difference." Sandy rolled her eyes.
"After it happened I thought that I'd just try to live as normally as possible and bury it, but things like that don't stay buried. I didn't think it would, but it taints your whole life."

164 Reviews

Reviews: 164
Tue Aug 14, 2007 12:46 am
Poltergiest says...

Wiat! I still totally want to get into this!

Name- Johnathan

Nickname- Angel

DNA- Falcon

Apperance- Cold blue eyes, pale skin, black hair, tall, pure white wings, index finger on left hand has long sharp talon.

Job- Scouts city for any other signs of life and is sometimes hired by city gangs for money.

Can I still join?
I used to rule the world, see it rise when I gave the word, now in the morning I sleep alone, sweep the streets I used to own

-Coldplay, Viva La Viva

41 Reviews

Tue Aug 14, 2007 12:49 am
Layleun says...

Jax crossed her legs Indian style and looked at Kali and Sandy thoughtfully. She giggled and rolled backwards while keeping her legs crossed. She kept going until her face met a rock. She jolted up and rubbed her paw on her nose but realized that that wasn't that smart considering the roughness of her paws.

"Aiieee! It burns!" She shuddered and rolled around on the ground. Kali grinned from where she was sitting. Sandy asked if she was alright. Jax cautiously took her paw off her face and crossed her eyes. A jagged cut went down her cheekbone and across her nose.

"Ow." she stated dully. A chuckle rose form the brush a few meters away. A head and soon a body popped out of the brush.

"Corun!" everyone exclaimed at once. Jax looked back and giggled. Corun grinned at the unison and went to Jax. He offered his hand and she gratefully took it. They walked back to where the other to were siting and sat themselves.

"I always thought you face was lacking something." he said slyly. Jax glowered as Sandy laughed.

103 Reviews

Tue Aug 14, 2007 1:08 am
Dynamo says...

Eric walked through the park looking for food. He didn't have enough money to buy his own at the moment, and he would never accept food from others. His snow-white hair flowed in the cool night wind.

A firefly hovered at his face. "Stupid bug." He swatted it away.

He passed through the park and noticed a group of friends talking to each other. He ignored them and continued on.

"Who's that?" Jax asked, pointing at Eric across the field. She called out, "Hey! You!"

Eric stopped and glared at her for a moment. He made a "Hmph" sound and walked away, ignoring her. He didn't have time to talk with them.
Take that, science!

170 Reviews

Tue Aug 14, 2007 1:27 am
Lindsaroo says...

Sandy got up and ran over to the stranger. She stopped right in front of him.

"It's not nice to ignore people." She smiled. "So who are you?"

"None of your business." He said and tried to get out of her way.

"Hi None of your business! I'm Sandy." She giggled and smiled again, she was always in a cheery mood. "Want to join us?"

103 Reviews

Tue Aug 14, 2007 1:45 am
Dynamo says...

Eric made a low growl from inside his chest, a sure sign that he was annoyed. "I'm busy."

"Doing what?"

"Hunting."

"Why are you hunting in the park?"

"None of your business." Eric tried to walk away again but Sandy blocked his way. "What will it take for you to leave me alone?"
Last edited by Dynamo on Wed Aug 15, 2007 11:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Take that, science!

We're just all nosy little busybodies.
— SirenCymbaline the Kiwi