Young Writers Society

Runner Discussion Thread

863 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 863
Wed Aug 01, 2007 3:11 am
Griffinkeeper says...

Let's talk about Runners here!
Moderator Emeritus (frozen in carbonite.)

863 Reviews

Supporter

Wed Aug 01, 2007 3:35 am
Griffinkeeper says...

First off, I want to get the storybook rolling fairly quickly.

Our first scene is in a cafe. I don't particularly care who is meeting Max. If more than one Runner is there, it is fine. They may decide to remain incognito. That is also fine.

What I'm looking for right now are plot lines. One of the most immediate can involve rescuing the girl from the horror film.

142 Reviews

Reviews: 142
Wed Aug 01, 2007 5:04 am
Bella says...

Girl from the horror film? Did I miss something? I don't know who that girl is, but the way I see it, we're saving her from Jonah (Snoink). I think my character is going to become a runner sometime after Kyla (Layleun) tells me that she's a runner.

So one of the runners (Kyla, Lance, Carla, Terry) have to go meet Max at the coffee shop, right? I'm still making sure I get everything.

Just a random thought: this runner is most likely going to tell Max that he/she is a runner; but wouldn't some of the other runners be totally against that?

I wish I had more, but I don't. Sorry.
i carry your heart(i carry it in my heart) <3

Please review my performance poem?

863 Reviews

Supporter

Wed Aug 01, 2007 6:30 am
Griffinkeeper says...

No problem, windows will open and I'm not without a few ideas.

I'm having Lance's human meet him. In case you guys didn't know, the runner is just a second personality for a person. When the personality takes over, it affects the appearance of the person, so Lance will look much different than Turtle, his normal personality.

Also, would it be possible for Runners to have just a first name? No one needs to change anything, I think it might be a nice tradition to maintain.

Still, if more runners want to appear, that's totally cool.

576 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 576
Thu Aug 02, 2007 6:07 am
Ego says...

--Name: Jason Morris
--Sex: Male
--Height: 6'2"
--Weight: 210
--Eyes: Grey
--Hair: Dirty blond, cut shortish
--Personality: Intelligent, clever, irresponsible. Very flaky and absent minded due to constant creative flow of ideas flowing through his brain. Very cautious and wary of change, he is unwilling to accept that he is anything but a normal teenager.
--Note: Excels in art and creative writing, very warm and compassionate.

Runner:

--Name: Hunter (;))
--Personality: Dangerous. Cruel and unfeeling, though his cruelty often surfaces in the form of a joke or prank. Laughs frequently at the expense of others.
Got YWS? I do.

Lumi: Don't you drag my donobby into this.
Lumi: He's the sweetest angel this side of hades.

166 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 166
Thu Aug 02, 2007 9:23 am
Charlie II says...

Apologies guys, I've not been here for about a week and so I haven't been able to post at all. As some people might know, I'm also going away on holiday now for two weeks which means I'll not be back until 16th of August (what will I do!?!).

I feel a bit like I've cheated this storybook because I've got back from camp and other people have played my character. It's all cool but I feel a bit guilty about joining the storybook and then leaving a few days later. If my character isn't completely needed, feel free to leave him and I'll pick him up when I get back. I don't want to cause any inconvenience by just leaving like this :( .

Again, I'll be back on the 16th, so it looks like I'll have a lot of catching up to do.

Thanks,
DarkLight
I am thankful for laughter, except when milk comes out of my nose.
-- Woody Allen

142 Reviews

Reviews: 142
Fri Aug 03, 2007 4:26 am
Bella says...

So, any human could become a runner then.

" the runner is just a second personality for a person " ~ Grif

Wouldn't that make those human's insane?
i carry your heart(i carry it in my heart) <3

Please review my performance poem?

863 Reviews

Supporter

Fri Aug 03, 2007 5:04 pm
Griffinkeeper says...

No. Just because people have multiple personalities doesn't mean they are insane.

today we are possible.
— Lucille Clifton