z

Young Writers Society

Privileged Party-Crashers Discussion and Profiles

798 Reviews

Reviews: 798
Fri Jun 22, 2007 4:25 am
Areida says...

Picture this:

You're between the ages of fourteen and twenty-two, and rich as heck. I mean, really, really rich. Like, money means nothing to you kind of rich. You wear twenty-dollar gold pieces for earrings and carry around a wad of hundred dollar bills in the back pocket of your $700 jeans. The sky's the limit (though a little creativity in how these fortunes came to be might be fun...).

Your filthy rich parents may or may not care about you (that's left to your discretion), and the same goes for any other relatives. You can be male or female, old money or new, any nationality, religion, etc. But for whatever reason, you and your family are vacationing in the Bahamas, and have come to a huge party thrown by some executive and his socialite wife.

It's mostly stuffy, half-drunk adults, but there is a bit of fresh blood among the group (i.e. you fourteen through twenty-two year olds), and you're all going to find one another and find some way to crash this party.

RULES:

- No God-moding. If you don't know what this means, check out the two stickies in this forum for an explanation.

- 3rd person, past tense for all entries, please.

- No Mary Sue's/Gary Stu's (i.e. perfect specimens of human). Yeah, you're rich. Maybe you're gorgeous. Maybe you're a concert cellist. Maybe you're a Rhodes Scholar. But please, stop there. Don't be a karate black belt, an interior decorator, a dog breeder, and a Nobel Laureate too. Know where to draw the line.

- Please no extreme violence. Yes, you have oodles of disposable income with which you can do pretty much whatever you please, but try to make this somewhat realistic.

- The thread is currently rated PG-13, but I am willing to up it to an R if you guys want to use stronger language.

- You may have more than one character. Start with two or three (tops) for now, and if things progress well, we'll see about people having more than that.

PROFILES:

NAME:
PARENT(S)/GUARDIAN(S):
PARENT(S)'/GUARDIAN(S)' OCCUPATIONS:
SIBLING(S) (if any):
HOMETOWN/CURRENT PLACE OF RESIDENCE:
PHYSICAL DESCRIPTION:
DISLIKES: (heights, brussel sprouts, debutantes)
BRIEF BIO:
REASON FOR BEING AT THIS PARTY:
OTHER: (Anything else you feel should be mentioned)
PICTURE: (Because I'm a visual person. Celebrities preferred, mostly because I don't want to see an emo picture of some random kid in this thread. No anime.)

Suggestions, comments and questions are welcome.

Have at it! :D
Last edited by Areida on Fri Jun 22, 2007 5:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Got YWS?

"Most of us have far more courage than we ever dreamed we possessed."
- Dale Carnegie

594 Reviews

Reviews: 594
Fri Jun 22, 2007 5:22 am
Crysi says...

I'll join in with two! :)

NAME: Ashley Romano
EDUCATION: Private education up through high school; now taking a year off before college
PARENT(S)/GUARDIAN(S): Jessica Romano, Anthony Romano
PARENT(S)'/GUARDIAN(S)' OCCUPATIONS: Jessica no longer works; Anthony owns a private charter company
SIBLING(S) (if any): Jakob Toner (from Jessica's first marriage, kept his last name)
HOMETOWN/CURRENT PLACE OF RESIDENCE: Domremy, France
PHYSICAL DESCRIPTION: Skinny, 5'6", green eyes, dyed brown hair (usually wavy, but she prefers to straighten it)
DISLIKES: anything fattening, cats, her brother, and anyone who tries to tell her what to do.
BRIEF BIO: Ashley has always been Daddy's little girl. Anything her mother says no to (which is little enough), her father will agree to, just to please his daughter. She has always had pretty much free rule over what she does with her life, and while her parents love her very much and she has some love for them, she's basically independent. The only downside of this is that she feels she cannot come to her parents with problems, which she has many of, due to parties and drinking and whatnot. She also can't stand her brother, thinking him an embarrassment.
REASON FOR BEING AT THIS PARTY: Anthony saw that his daughter was unhappy, so he decided the family should take a vacation. And the rest was history.
OTHER: Ashley has severe mood swings due to her guilt and addiction to her behavior. She's reckless to the point that she'll steal a girl's boyfriend while the girl is standing in front of her. Secretly, she wants help, but doesn't know how to get it.
PICTURE: Image

NAME: Jakob Toner
EDUCATION: Private education up through college, which he is now attending
PARENT(S)/GUARDIAN(S): Jessica Romano, Gregory Toner; Anthony Romano is his step-father
PARENT(S)'/GUARDIAN(S)' OCCUPATIONS: Jessica no longer works; Anthony owns a private charter company. Gregory owned a shipping company, but lost his job after being accused of fraud.
SIBLING(S) (if any): Ashley Romano
HOMETOWN/CURRENT PLACE OF RESIDENCE: Domremy, France
PHYSICAL DESCRIPTION: 6'2, average build, brown/highlighted hair, green/gray eyes.
DISLIKES: Snobs, his family situation, bullies
BRIEF BIO: Jakob has always had a healthy respect for money, disapproving of his mother's constant spending, even if it doesn't leave a dent in the bank account. Still, he doesn't mind spending a lot on his hobbies or gaining solitude, or even on the occasional girlfriend he has. He sees his father about once a month, but the visit is almost always painful. He's generally optimistic, despite all this, but still quite shy.
REASON FOR BEING AT THIS PARTY: His parents ignored his pleas to stay home, so he was dragged along in the family vacation.
OTHER: Jakob would prefer quiet, but once he has a drink or two, he opens up and mingles like his sister. He's always afraid his sister is going to destroy her life, but he also recognizes the fact that he can't do much about it.
Love and Light

798 Reviews

Fri Jun 22, 2007 6:06 am
Areida says...

NAME: Jocelyn Analise Grimaldi (Jo)
EDUCATION: Just completed her junior year of high school. Attends a co-ed Catholic private school.
PARENT(S)/GUARDIAN(S): David and Larilee Grimaldi
PARENT(S)'/GUARDIAN(S)' OCCUPATIONS: David Grimaldi is an executive for a cell phone company based in Kansas. He makes a good living off his cushy desk job, but most of his money is family money. Larilee decorates homes (when she feels like it).
SIBLING(S) (if any): Eight-year old brother named Thomas.
HOMETOWN/CURRENT PLACE OF RESIDENCE: Austin, TX
PHYSICAL DESCRIPTION: Dark brown hair that can either curl or be straightened (naturally wavy, though). She likes colored contacts so her eyes may be blue one day and green the next. 5'5", slender, but curvy. Not extremely muscular.
LIKES: Sprinting, skinny dipping, dancing, soup, climbing trees, high heels, dolphins
DISLIKES: Snow, white dresses, tattoos, historical homes, deserts, being called by her full name
BRIEF BIO: Jo wanted to like her little brother when he was born eight years ago, but for some reason, the two of them could never get along. Jo has always suspected her father is not Thomas's, though, so that could be the reason... She longs for her mother's approval, but only wants her father's money, which she usually gets. She would like to study law after graduating high school, but would never admit that to anyone. Her closest friends are two boys and a girl from her high school, and two of her cousins on her father's side whom she sees during holidays.
REASON FOR BEING AT THIS PARTY: Her father is working on getting some merger or another. Jo doesn't pay much attention to the goings-on of the business world. She's fairly pissed, though, because her mother promised her the two of them would do some catching up, but then the party came up and she insisted the three of them would go.
OTHER: Nothing at the moment. (I'm sure I'll end up editing this post)
PICTURE:
Got YWS?

- Dale Carnegie

142 Reviews

Reviews: 142
Fri Jun 22, 2007 7:55 am
Bella says...

I guess I'll give this a try.

NAME: Ally Borton (Dad's last name)
EDUCATION: is advanced and very close to graduating highschool. (skipped a grade or two) Home schooled by private tutor
PARENT(S)/GUARDIAN(S): Michelle Delamy (Her maiden name)
PARENT(S)'/GUARDIAN(S)' OCCUPATIONS: Mom inherited millions when Dad died. Dad owned the Walgreens Chain
HOMETOWN/CURRENT PLACE OF RESIDENCE: none. travels a lot (Ally sings in a band)
PHYSICAL DESCRIPTION: Tall and very skinny. Reddish-blond hair and brown eyes.
LIKES: boys; singing; reading; writing songs; guitar; shoes
DISLIKES: mom; preps; stuck up people; people who think they're smart
BRIEF BIO: Ally doesn't really worry much about how much she spends, although she usually goes for the clearance racks and doesn't ahve very expensive taste. Her singing career is really taking off, but her mom is taking all the money and getting just as much glory as Ally, if not more. Ally is almost ready to quit the band, just to see her mom get mad. Ally also has big dreams for college (harvard law school), which her mother would never understand.
REASON FOR BEING AT THIS PARTY: Ally was invited, but her mom decided it was "an adult party" and left Ally sitting at home. Was gonna stay home and read but one of her friends talks her into sneaking out.
i carry your heart(i carry it in my heart) <3

Please review my performance poem?

798 Reviews

Fri Jun 22, 2007 5:31 pm
Areida says...

writer_chick: I shortened your picture link a bit, but I'm pretty sure it still works. :)

Ashley, Jakob, Jo, and Ally are all approved.

I'm thinking we should use this thread just for profiles and questions, and once we have a couple more characters, I'll start a thread for the actual storybook.
Got YWS?

- Dale Carnegie

2631 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 2631
Fri Jun 22, 2007 6:13 pm
Rydia says...

NAME: Ruby Daniels
EDUCATION: Private school
PARENT(S)/GUARDIAN(S): Crysta and Luke Daniels
PARENT(S)'/GUARDIAN(S)' OCCUPATIONS: Crysta is a singer and Luke is an actor
SIBLING(S) (if any): Sister called Topaz. Both names chosen by their jewel obsessed mother.
HOMETOWN/CURRENT PLACE OF RESIDENCE: London
PHYSICAL DESCRIPTION: Shoulder length, red hair, vivid green eyes. Average height and slim.
DISLIKES: Not a lot.
BRIEF BIO: Ruby and her sister have lived a sheltered life and their father loves to spoil them. Their parents are away from home a lot, leaving Ruby and her younger sister on their own but they're used to that now.
REASON FOR BEING AT THIS PARTY: It was going to be the first holiday that the family went on together for a whole five years so she was really looking forward to it but then her mum's manager found her some work and their father was offered the main role in a new film so the girls are going on their own.
PICTURE: I'll see what I can find...

Like this but with deep green eyes -

Writing Gooder

~Previously KittyKatSparklesExplosion15~

The light shines brightest in the darkest places.

798 Reviews

Fri Jun 22, 2007 7:39 pm
Areida says...

Approved.
Got YWS?

- Dale Carnegie

142 Reviews

Reviews: 142
Sat Jun 23, 2007 3:08 am
Bella says...

This sounds pretty awesome so far. Better than the same-old fantasy storybook. Oh, sorry that I couldn't acutally get the picture in here, it wouldn't work...I don't know how wto do taht exactly.
i carry your heart(i carry it in my heart) <3

Please review my performance poem?

798 Reviews

Sat Jun 23, 2007 3:30 am
Areida says...

All you have to do is put the link to the image in these little dealies: [img]blah%20blah%20blah[/img].

Whoo hoo... hotlinking... :P

I'm no good at fantasy storybooks, but I love roleplaying, so I thought this might be fun. I'll try to start the actual thread in the next few days. :D
Got YWS?

- Dale Carnegie

594 Reviews

Reviews: 594
Sat Jun 23, 2007 6:09 am
Crysi says...

We need more guy characters! :)
Love and Light

576 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 576
Sat Jun 23, 2007 6:35 am
Ego says...

NAME: Michael Belver
EDUCATION: BS in Psychology
PARENT(S)/GUARDIAN(S): dead
PARENT(S)'/GUARDIAN(S)' OCCUPATIONS: being...dead.
SIBLING(S) (if any): none
HOMETOWN/CURRENT PLACE OF RESIDENCE: Beverly Hills
PHYSICAL DESCRIPTION: Tall and lean, Mike exudes physical perfection. He has 3% body fat, and it SHOWS. He can bench two fifty. His waist size is a mere 32, but his shoulders are broad. He's hot. And he works hard for it.
DISLIKES: Boring people.
BRIEF BIO: Little is known about Mike. He's very under the radar in terms of the public, and very few people actually know where his income originates.
REASON FOR BEING AT THIS PARTY: Meeting someone.
OTHER: Carries a concealed weapon in the small of his back. Has a permit for it.
PICTURE:
Got YWS? I do.

Lumi: Don't you drag my donobby into this.
Lumi: He's the sweetest angel this side of hades.

2631 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 2631
Sat Jun 23, 2007 1:13 pm
Rydia says...

Oh, now him I like! Heheh... never knew being dead was an occupation =)
Writing Gooder

~Previously KittyKatSparklesExplosion15~

The light shines brightest in the darkest places.

798 Reviews

Sat Jun 23, 2007 9:29 pm
Areida says...

Michael is a bazillion percent approved.

*drool*

Thanks for joining in, Dono!
Got YWS?

- Dale Carnegie

798 Reviews

Mon Aug 20, 2007 1:12 am
Areida says...

*bumps*

I'm about to start the first post! :)
Got YWS?

- Dale Carnegie

381 Reviews

Reviews: 381
Tue Aug 21, 2007 5:43 pm
Fand says...

NAME: Sebastian Courtland IV
EDUCATION: graduated from the Fiorello H. LaGuardia High School of Music and Performing Arts (NYC) at the age of 16, now entering his sophomore year at Berklee College of Music.
PARENT(S)/GUARDIAN(S): Andrew Courtland, Samantha Harris (divorced); step-mother, Olive Courtland, step-father Aaron Harris.
PARENT(S)'/GUARDIAN(S)' OCCUPATIONS: Father: CEO of Courtland Industries, a company that manufactures advanced optics and specialty glass components for use in astronomy, physics, defense, and medicine; Mother: part-time jewelry designer, part-time trophy wife to a golf maven named Aaron Harris.
SIBLING(S) (if any): one older sister (25), Mabel Courtland; one half-sisters, Cissy Harris (13); and one step-sister Artemis (Arty) Mitropoulos-Courtland (18).
HOMETOWN/CURRENT PLACE OF RESIDENCE: New York City, overlooking Central Park (of course).
PHYSICAL DESCRIPTION: Very aware of his appearance; dark blond hair, gray eyes, clear skin. Definitely a "pretty" boy.
LIKES: music, girls and boys (bi), astronomy, soccer, Indian food, traveling the world.
DISLIKES: stuck-up people, stupid people, annoying people--people in general, really. Unless they have something to offer him.
BRIEF BIO: Sebastian was raised in New York City; his parents divorced when he was two, so he was raised primarily by his father and a live-in Iranian nanny, whom he calls Umm (meaning "Mother"); his mother remarried when he was five and promptly gave birth to Cissy, or Satan's Spawn as he prefers. His older sister, Mabel, left home early and married at the age of eighteen, resulting in an early divorce and a subsequent "return" to an "earthier, cleaner" lifestyle--she's currently a vegan artist living in a flat in the Adams Morgan area of Washington, DC with her girlfriend, Indira. His relationship with his dad's step-daughter, Arty, is complicated as he has a total crush on her (but refuses to acknowledge it) and therefore gets very overprotective. She has nothing but disdain for him, thinking him to be nothing but a snotty rich boy. He's a classical pianist and also trained in vocal performance, occasionally does turns on stage, but generally saves the piano for class and soccer for fun.
REASON FOR BEING AT THIS PARTY: His dad promised to lend him the Benz for his next year at college if he attended every stupid socialite party of the summer without mortally offending anyone.
OTHER: Can speak fluent Arabic, thanks to Umm, and loves traveling to hot locales (more along the lines of Africa and India than Hawaii and Cancun).
PICTURE:

NAME: Artemis (Arty) Mitropoulos-Courtland
EDUCATION: a public school in Brooklyn; now entering her freshman year at NYU.
PARENT(S)/GUARDIAN(S): Olive Courtland, Andrew Courtland (stepfather); Adrian Mitropoulos, father (dead).
PARENT(S)'/GUARDIAN(S)' OCCUPATIONS: Mom: head of Public Relations for Courtland Industries; Step-Dad: CEO of said company.
SIBLING(S) (if any): one stepbrother, Sebastian; one stepsister, Mabel; one brother, Erasmus (22, attending school in Athens).
HOMETOWN/CURRENT PLACE OF RESIDENCE: NYC
PHYSICAL DESCRIPTION: brown hair, tends to dye it radical colors at various times; usually has her nails painted bright colors, wears mismatched bohemian-ish clothing. Likes to buck the norm.
LIKES: loud music, feminism, any political liberal cause, cats, painting. Hero-worships her stepsister, Mabel.
DISLIKES: mostly just her stepbrother. Otherwise she's pretty easy to please.
BRIEF BIO: Her father, Adrian, died of a heart attack when she thirteen; after that, her mother moved herself, Arty, and Erasmus to a flat in an artsy part of Brooklyn, where they scraped by and managed to keep up appearances. Arty loved this bohemian sort of lifestyle, and thought her mom was a sell-out when she announced her engagement to her boss, Andrew Courtland. Erasmus promptly moved to Athens to live with their father's family while attending school there, and Arty was stuck alone in Manhattan with her mom, her uptight stepdad (who was always trying to do weird bonding activities), and her genius/creepy/irritating-as-hell stepbrother. Is going to attend NYU this coming fall, hoping to major in journalism.
REASON FOR BEING AT THIS PARTY: Her mom emotionally blackmailed her into going, as moms are very good at doing. "If you really loved me..." *rolls eyes*
Bitter Charlie :: Shady Grove, CA :: FreeRice (162,000/1,000,000)

Yesterday is not ours to recover, but tomorrow is ours to win or lose.
— Lyndon B. Johnson