z

Young Writers Society

Star Wars storybook (?) DT

280 Reviews

Reviews: 280
Mon May 21, 2007 1:32 am
Sumi H. Inkblot says...

So we don't clutter up the thread in the UG section.

I'm all for being serious about this, but you might have to refresh my memory once or twice- I haven't seen some of the films in a while.
ohmeohmy

59 Reviews

Reviews: 59
Mon May 21, 2007 2:00 am
AWritersFantasy says...

That's all right. We can probably set this up in an easy way so that those who haven't seen the movies in a long time and/or read the books will still have a clue as to what's going on. I have a Star Wars game that takes place between a year and two years after Return of the Jedi and it's AU to a small extent but enough that those who haven't read the books or all of them aren't completely lost. I don't mind refreshing memories. ^_^

280 Reviews

Mon May 21, 2007 2:03 am
Sumi H. Inkblot says...

For this one, I was kind of hoping to have a Jedi council and all that stuff. And maybe possibly play a villain, because I is lacking in experience there......the first thing to decide on, is:

ALTERNATE UNIVERSE

or

SAME UNIVERSE, DIFFERENT TIMES

Yea or nay, people! :)
ohmeohmy

59 Reviews

Mon May 21, 2007 2:15 am
AWritersFantasy says...

Yeah, we definitely need a Jedi council. Maybe even a Sith council...a sub-plot could be that there's a small group of shadow Jedi/dark Jedi/whatever you wanna call them that the Jedi and Sith end up fighting over.

It can still be the same universe, we can just use alternate universe ideas. Like...for example, in canon during the prequels the Jedi weren't allowed to love, but we could have it be allowed. Depends on how much you wanna follow Anakin and Padme's "forbidden love" storyline.

280 Reviews

Mon May 21, 2007 6:57 pm
Sumi H. Inkblot says...

A Sith council would be....freakin' AWESOME. Definitely do that. :scribbles on notebook:

Um, on the "love allowed or nay" subject, how about it's on a shady gray area, but political relationships are definitely out of bounds?
ohmeohmy

576 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 576
Mon May 21, 2007 7:27 pm
Ego says...

A Sith Council? I can't say I agree with that...

But whatever.
Got YWS? I do.

Lumi: Don't you drag my donobby into this.
Lumi: He's the sweetest angel this side of hades.

76 Reviews

Reviews: 76
Mon May 21, 2007 7:43 pm
Shadowsun says...

I'd join if there was a Sith council sort of thing! I'd better go do some research, find out if there ever was such a thing in the star wars universe. To the Star Wars factfiles!

yes I still have a few left over from when I used to collect them...

~ Shadowsun :D
Before you judge someone, walk a mile in their shoes... Then who cares? You're a mile away and you've got their shoes.

59 Reviews

Mon May 21, 2007 8:05 pm
AWritersFantasy says...

Baroness Ink wrote:A Sith council would be....freakin' AWESOME. Definitely do that. :scribbles on notebook:

Um, on the "love allowed or nay" subject, how about it's on a shady gray area, but political relationships are definitely out of bounds?

I'd say the Sith council would have to be secret and not really something that people know about.

...Unless they DO know about it, and they're sort of like...taken over stuff, kinda like the Trade Federation/Empire eventually did.

And I agree on the "loved allowed or not" thing. Sort of like a "hey, you do your thing but I'm looking the other way" as far as Jedi masters go if their apprentices persue relationships, or even the opposite.

59 Reviews

Mon May 21, 2007 8:06 pm
AWritersFantasy says...

Hunter wrote:A Sith Council? I can't say I agree with that...

But whatever.

-Shrug- it's just something to play around with, and it's an option. It might be a bit more original than anything else we could come up with as far as bad guys go, but we'll see if we can come up with anything else that seems better.

280 Reviews

Mon May 21, 2007 8:07 pm
Sumi H. Inkblot says...

Secret Sith council. :scribbles:
That makes it a lot more fun =D

Now let me see...have we decided on the time period yet? No? I was thinking Clone-era or Post-Return.
ohmeohmy

59 Reviews

Mon May 21, 2007 8:17 pm
AWritersFantasy says...

Shadowsun wrote:I'd join if there was a Sith council sort of thing! I'd better go do some research, find out if there ever was such a thing in the star wars universe. To the Star Wars factfiles!

yes I still have a few left over from when I used to collect them...

~ Shadowsun :D

I found http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Sith_council, if that'll help you any. So at least it would be legit if we ended up going in that direction.

59 Reviews

Mon May 21, 2007 8:22 pm
AWritersFantasy says...

Baroness Ink wrote:Now let me see...have we decided on the time period yet? No? I was thinking Clone-era or Post-Return.

Like I've said, anything during the prequels would be good for me, or after Return of the Jedi.

One thing we'll need to know is how many people plan on making Jedi characters and how many plan on making Sith characters. I'm horrible at playing/writing bad guys, so I would prefer a Jedi. The character I have in mind would work as either an apprentice, knight, or master...I currently play her as 50something years old in a game that takes place after Return of the Jedi and I'd like another opportunity to play her (I play her in another game that takes place during the Old Republic) as being young, maybe as a newly made knight or something...I dunno.

So, how many people want to play Jedi, how many wanna play Sith, and how many are willing to play sort of neutraly alligned (Dark Jedi) Force sensitives?

I'd say at least part of the storyline will depend on how many Jedi and Sith we're going to have. If more people are willing to play Sith than they are Jedi, then we'll need to rethink some stuff. But if we can get it evened out, that'd be good.

280 Reviews

Mon May 21, 2007 8:26 pm
Sumi H. Inkblot says...

I can be anything, depending on what's needed, though I'd immensely prefer a Jedi Knight. =)
ohmeohmy

59 Reviews

Mon May 21, 2007 8:28 pm
AWritersFantasy says...

I wouldn't mind playing my character as a Jedi knight, either. I'd be willing to NPC a Jedi master if/when needed if we run out of people willing to write/play/whatever you want to call it Jedi.

So that's two so far.

280 Reviews

Mon May 21, 2007 8:29 pm
Sumi H. Inkblot says...

I'm also willing to play more then one character- keeps me in writer's form that way ;)
ohmeohmy

I think that was when I began to realize that reputation isn't everything. I should focus less about how others perceive me and more about what makes me happy. Because, in the end, I have to live with myself.
— Seraphina