z

Young Writers Society

The Pirate King's Gold

141 Reviews

Reviews: 141
Mon May 07, 2007 1:31 am
MadHatter says...

Hello everyone. This is about several groups of pirate ships racing across the sea to find a treasure.

There are a few rules
Rules
--There can be only four clans = four captains (No more, but endless crewman)
--NO God-modding
--If you die you cannot come back, but feel free to create a new character (only once though)
--If you don't die, you cannot create another person. It keeps it easier for others to remember
--LEAVE A PERSONAL DESCRIPTION! Please! We need to know about your character
--NO EMOTICONS

Name: Oliver Dowe
Position: Captain of the Cutlass
Hair Color: Black
Eye Color: Blue
Weapon of Choice: Pistol, Cutlass, ship's battery

Bio: Father was a big time pirate that sailed for 30 years. He died in battle and passed on his leadership to Oliver. Oliver may be young but he's yet to suffer a defeat. He gets the map to the treasure from his mother when he turned twenty, but yet to look at it.
Voldemort: You kids! If I ever find out who's calling I will tell the wizard law and you will go to wizard jail and then I'll kill you!

Harry Potter Puppet Pals - Wizard Swears

57 Reviews

Reviews: 57
Mon May 07, 2007 8:59 pm
RatchetWriter says...

I might not be able to help with the story, but you can use my character if you want. :)

Name: Saldo (Sal as in salt, - dough)
Position: Captain of the Black Revenge
Hair color: None
Eye Color: Black-brown
Skin Color: Golden brown
Weapons: Two cutlass' on back diagonally.

Bio: Was on a slave ship, escaped and freed the other slaves, and took over the ship with the slaves as crew. Found a map in the cabin, nothing better to do, so he's going after the treasure.
Not very knowledgable in the ways of the sea, does land raids, and in sea battles he fights hard to board the other ship, as he likes close combat.

270 Reviews

Reviews: 270
Mon May 07, 2007 11:30 pm
Alice says...

Name: Captian Rayan
Position: Captian
Ship: The Dragon fly
Eye color: Sea blue
Skin color: Strangely pale
Weapons: Cutlas, dagger, pistol, and a rifel on hand some where

Bio: was born and raised on her ship, her father left it to her (ticking off half of the crew) and promised to bring wealth if they gave her a chance.
I just lost the game.

563 Reviews

Reviews: 563
Tue May 08, 2007 12:46 am
Writersdomain says...

I haven't done one of these in a very, very long time, but I will definitely give this a try. :wink:

Name: Hope DeGoriel
Position: a young artisan specializing in carpentry aboard the Cutlass, also a navigator
Appearance: Long, dark brown hair and gray eyes; rather short and pale (burns easily :P )
Weapons: she likes knives... a lot
Brief Bio: Her father and she were taken captive upon the Cutlass when she was a child. She grew up on the ship as a virtual slave, but conditions have improved since then, because the captains have reason to believe she may be useful in gaining the treasure. Her father is dead now, and while Hope knows much about the seas, she still has much to learn.

(On the contrary, WD knows very LITTLE about the seas, so now she is going to run off and bury her nose in some research on sailing...)
~ WD
If you desire a review from WD, post here

"All I know, all I'm saying, is that a story finds a storyteller. Not the other way around." ~Neverwas

35 Reviews

Reviews: 35
Tue May 08, 2007 2:17 am
Lilith says...

(sense we didn‘t have a fourth ship, I edited my profile from cook assistant of the Black Revenge to captain of the High Winder)

Name: Hayden Day
Position: Captain of High Winder
Hair Color: Blond
Eye Color: Blue
Weapon of Choice: Loves his old long sword.

Bio: Olly began his shipping career on the first Cutlass when it was still captained by Oliver's father and the two had grown up together. When her turned 20, he found a ship of his own though it is much smaller in size and in crew.
Last edited by Lilith on Tue May 08, 2007 11:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Duffy -- "Watch out for Jesse, he wants what he can't have."
Emily -- "Oh boy, he can have me."
Duffy -- "Figures..."

Random avatar

Reviews: 82
Tue May 08, 2007 2:49 am
misspriss says...

Name:
Lucina Axtrovea (Lou-sin-uh Axe-trove-ee-uh)

Nicknames:
The Raven (because of her long black hair)
OR
Luc (pronounced "Luke"".)

Appearance:

Position: Captain of the Black Plague

Picture of Ship: http://www.bluewaterweb.com/Newsletters ... e-Ship.jpg

Weapons: Cutlass and pistol.

Brief Bio: She was once a very proper young lady, but she found the “proper” life was boring, and so she ran away and became an unofficial privateer during the war. Well, when the war was over, she didn’t want to stop plundering the ships, and so she became a pirate. Beware of this lady pirate, she is ruthless and vengeful.
Last edited by misspriss on Fri May 11, 2007 3:41 pm, edited 4 times in total.

103 Reviews

Reviews: 103
Tue May 08, 2007 7:49 am
Dynamo says...

Name: Rykan Firmol
Race: Faupoul (cat-person) (you didn't put any specifications on races)
Position: First mate
Ship: The Dragon Fly
Eye color: Yellow
Fur color: Light brown with yellow stripes
Weapons: Knives and his own claws

Bio: He has been Captain Rayan's best friend and comrade since the day they first set sail. he was born in the mountains and lived with his mother until he grew ambitions to explore the world. Although he is kind hearted and very lax he helps keep the crew in check so Rayan can focus on more important matters, like finding the treasure. His favorite napping spot is the crow's nest.
Chicken <-- Egg <-- Rocket Powered Fist
Take that, science!

141 Reviews

Tue May 08, 2007 4:32 pm
MadHatter says...

Love the turn out

Oliver sat there on his bed."What am I going to do about the treasure?" he thought. He hoped to be looking for it now, but after the storm last night, the crew needed a rest.

"Captian!" James, Oliver's brother said.

"What James?" The look on his face was strange, almost as if he has seen a ghost...

"It's HER!" Oliver ran out of his cabin and looked of the starboard side.

"Hhh-how?" It was the Dragon Fly. But it couldn't be...the storm had taken her."Try to hail her!"
Voldemort: You kids! If I ever find out who's calling I will tell the wizard law and you will go to wizard jail and then I'll kill you!

270 Reviews

Tue May 08, 2007 11:45 pm
Alice says...

Rayan stood on the deck and watched as the Cutlass drew closer. They were going to hail her. Oh how would she love to tell Oliver how she managed to pull her ship through the storm. Oh to see the look on his face. He could never do that, nor any man on this ship. Women were way too stubborn.

Raykan walked up next to her and said, "some storm last night huh?"

"There have been worse."

"None that we've seen."

She opened up her telescope, "what do you think they want?"

"To attack us."

"Wow you're an optimistic one today."

"When you're the first mate to a head strong 23 year old girl, you've gotta be."

"Don't worry Raykan, me and Oliver go back." She shut her telescope and turned to the crew. "Drop the anchor! We've got visitors."

"Run out the guns?"

"No, an indifferent aquantance. Be prepared to blow out their bottom if they've got our treasure!"

"Aye, aye ma'am!" the crew shouted.
I just lost the game.

35 Reviews

Reviews: 35
Wed May 09, 2007 12:09 am
Lilith says...

Hayden watched the two ships approaching each other. The cloak of shadows hid his ship from the rocky cliff several miles away. “Oliver. It’s been a long time.” He was talking to know one in particular but rather to the crows nest where he was perched. “And Rayan.”

“Men, we have some friends to greet,” he yelled with a laugh.

Someone shouted up at him. “Who.”

“Why, the Cutlass and the Dragonfly.”

The men gathered on deck rustled knowing that to catch up with the ships they would need to repair the ship and quick.
Duffy -- "Watch out for Jesse, he wants what he can't have."
Emily -- "Oh boy, he can have me."
Duffy -- "Figures..."

576 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 576
Wed May 09, 2007 12:31 am
Ego says...

--Name: William "Preacher" Burke
--Height: 6'
--Weight: 150 lbs.
--Eyes: Brown
--Hair: Salt and Pepper
--Skin: Olive
--Physique: Lean
--Ship: The Cutlass
--Position: Ship's Priest
--Weapons: Dual Wheelock Pistols, one pocket pistol hidden at small of back, and a rapier strapped at his hip.
--Clothing: Long "Highwayman" Style Coat, three point hat, priest's collar.
Pic:

Minus the bostaff.

History:
--William has been a pirate since the crew of the cutlass raided a trade ship he was aboard. His skill with pistols and a blade impressed the captain at the time, and he has been aboard ever since. Some say he is touched by the Lord, because he has never been permanently scarred in a ship to ship battle. He is more proper than most pirates, but he certainly has earned his place aboard the Cutlass after nearly two decades of faithful service. He keeps his pistols (two beautiful, gold inlaid wheelocks) perfectly oiled and maintained, with almost obsessive compulsive care. Self appointed defender of Oliver--Burke served under his father.
Last edited by Ego on Wed May 09, 2007 3:17 am, edited 1 time in total.
Got YWS? I do.

Lumi: Don't you drag my donobby into this.
Lumi: He's the sweetest angel this side of hades.

141 Reviews

Wed May 09, 2007 1:01 am
MadHatter says...

"Hello Rayan." He said. He know knew they were no ghost ship but just a very strong crew. Something his men should look up too.
"Why hello Oliver. I see you still have your lousy preist. Do you really rely on God that much?" William pulled out two pistols.
"At ease." Oliver calmed him. Will was a good man, but a little to trigger happy.
"What is your reason here?" Rykan said to the Oliver.
"I've come to propose a trade of services...you give us free passage to your port on Black Row island, and in return we will protect you from any other unwanted guests. You know we're the fastest ship in the world and we have the most gun power." Oliver loved saying it with enough power to back it up. William and James stood right behind him with pistols and all sorts of weapons at the ready. If they made any move they would be slaughtered in a matter of moments.
"And why should we do that? We can protect ourselves." Rayan moved away.
"If you argue with us...I have guns ready and all of my crew armed. You do as I say or you all die." The men pulled out their guns and pointed them at the much smaller crew."You want to die? I would be happy to tell every single pirate in the area what you're holding." He said refering to the Cat-man that was standing next to her."They would be on you in a matter of moments. So...what will it be? Free passage...or death?" His men laughed. They knew which ship held the power. He could see them ready their guns, but they would be no match against their awsome power.
"I have no choice but to...ATTACK!" He heard the guns go off and the men charge.

A few bloody moments later the remainer of the crew was tied to the mast."See what I mean Rayan? Fool. Any crewman that would like to join my crew may do so at this time." No one stood up."Fine. We'll leave you here with one armed gun. Kill yourselves." They laughed as they walked back over.

The only crewman alive were Rayan, Rykan, and an assortment of others.
"We're dead captian!" a man said. They soon saw a smirk spread on their captian's face. They knew that well. It meant that she had an idea.

270 Reviews

Wed May 09, 2007 1:47 am
Alice says...

"Very well Oliver, but remember I am no mere captian. I have other ships that are more loyal to me than money. By taking our lives you will be signing your death warrent."

"Let me blow her brains out," William said.

"No!" Rykan said. Her death would make him captian, but he'd rather be a first mate with his best friend than a captian with a crew that hated him.

"He's right," Oliver agreed. "For our own sakes she shall have to stay alive. Take her below." A crewman cut the bounds on Rayan only and took her to the Cutlass. "Without a proper captian the Dragonfly is hardly a threat to us. We'll let the ship stay afloat."

"But sir," someone said, "thats sucide!" Oliver rolled his eyes and shot the crewman who said that.

"That was sucide. Go on put her below." Half way over the bridge that they had fasened Rayan threw her captor over the edge and jumpped after him. "Foolish girl."

"Clevar woman," Rykan corrected.

"What do you suppose her plan is?"

"You can never tell with her."
I just lost the game.

563 Reviews

Reviews: 563
Wed May 09, 2007 1:56 am
Writersdomain says...

The sound of guns ripping through the Cutlass startled Hope from where she sat half-asleep below deck; blinking a few times to ward off sleep, it took a few moments for Hope to realize what had happened. Voices could be heard above deck, and Hope gathered her skirts in her hands and leapt up the stairs two at a time until she stumbled onto deck. The crew of the Dragon Fly sat tied to the mast, a wicked smile painted on Captain Rayan's face.

Hope took a few steps back and waited for Rayan to do something; frowning deeply, she cast Captain Oliver a scalding look. She thought they were looking for treasure, not battling other ships racing toward the same goal.

She had always marveled at William Burke's perfect timing, and when he came on deck to observe the scene, it was no exception. Hope drew near to the ship's priest while the two captains exchanged smug remarks and watched Captain Rayan jump off the ship.
Last edited by Writersdomain on Thu May 10, 2007 2:42 am, edited 1 time in total.
~ WD
If you desire a review from WD, post here

"All I know, all I'm saying, is that a story finds a storyteller. Not the other way around." ~Neverwas

576 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 576
Wed May 09, 2007 4:26 am
Ego says...

OOC: Come on guys...at least let me post before you start making my Preacher both gun happy AND murderous...

"This isn't a good time for sight seeing, Miss Hope. I suggest you head back below decks. " Burke stood casually, with one hand on the hilt of his rapier, while the other sat crossed over, resting on the butt of one of his pistols.

"But--"

"I can't be held accountable for you, up here. When all is clear, I will come get you."

Hope said nothing. She just stared at him. Burke sighed inwardly.

"Stay on deck, then--but please, stay near me. The shepherd must defend the herd, after all."

William watched the exchange between the two captains with only passing interest. He didn't give a damn about the politics of the war, only the spoils of it.
Got YWS? I do.

Lumi: Don't you drag my donobby into this.
Lumi: He's the sweetest angel this side of hades.

The things you are passionate about are not random, they are your calling.
— Fabienne Fredrickson