z

Young Writers Society

Keala University

694 Reviews

Reviews: 694
Wed Apr 25, 2007 12:18 am
Via says...

Keala University is located in Hawaii so close to the ocean you can see it out the window and feel the sand on your toes when you walk out the back door. This storybook is made up of freshman, or first time KU students. I figure this may come in handy, since many of the YWS members are close to becoming college freshman themselves, or have already experienced it.

Rules:
1. Your character must fit in one of the following categories:
-traditional freshman
-transfer student (1st year at KU, though)
-freshman with postsecondary credits (as much as could make them
TECHNICALLY a sophomore)
-study abroad student (semester or year)
-first time freshman, non-traditional
Basically this has to be their first time on campus.
2. They can't know anyone yet.
3. PLEASE do NOT post for anyone else. I see this on other storybooks, and often times the creator of the character has a certain attitude for their character and someone else posting for them screws it up completely.
4. No one-liners. Please post a decent sized post, if you are just replying to the post before it, do it with style--add some description. This will help you with your writing outside the storybook as well.
5. You can either post a dorm room number or you can leave it blank and I will assign your character a room, up to you! And all dorm rooms are either:
-two single bedrooms, one bathroom, and a small common room OR
-two double bedrooms, two bathrooms, and a small common room
6. This is just a normal school. No magical powers or daily murders come into play...obviously hehe.

Please post your character with at least this information:
-Name
-major
-room assignment
-hometown
-physical description
-personality
-a short background, if you want too--not necessary.

I will post a layout of the campus as soon as my photobucket will allow =]

Have Fun!

Last edited by Via on Wed Apr 25, 2007 12:39 am, edited 3 times in total.
My Literary and Arts Blog

"I think I'd miss you even if we'd never met." -The Wedding Date

694 Reviews

Wed Apr 25, 2007 12:30 am
Via says...

Name: Chandler Kingsley (female)
Grade level: Freshman
Major: Art
Room: Tower 217
Hometown: Broad Alban, New York
Physical Description: Chandler is about 5'4", small/athletic body type, short dark brown hair with very few pink highlights thrown in, she has two tattoos, three holes in each ear, a small diamond nose stud and a belly button ring.
Personality: Chandler is fun. She is constantly doing crazy things (like, for example, moving from New York to Hawaii--the complete opposite way). She craves art and can find something fun in anything she does. She is passionate about her work, but not enough to blind her from her life. Chandler really isn't much of a drinker--although she will go to the parties. She is friendly to pretty much anyone and everyone.
Background: Chandler definitely is not the first person to spill her entire life story to new friends; in fact, they probably have to pretty much pry it out of her. She's really big on living for the present and future and leaving the past behind her.
Last edited by Via on Mon Jul 16, 2007 6:15 pm, edited 4 times in total.

103 Reviews

Reviews: 103
Wed Apr 25, 2007 7:02 am
Dynamo says...

Eh, why not? I've found a way where I can post here everyday and I need the points.

Name: Tylor Kranyak
Grade Level: Freshman
Grade Average: B+
Major: Video Game Design
Minor: It's sort of tied between Japanese and Creative Writing
Room Assignment: ---
Hometown: "Steel City" Hamilton, Ontario, Canada
Physical Description: 6'2 tall, ectomorph body type(tall and skinny), dark brown hair, medium-short hair at the front, long hair at the back(usually braided in a rat tail style), brown eyes, always wears casual wear if given the chance, same goes for sunglasses.
Personality: He's as friendly as his patience allows him to be, he's not usually the person to start up a conversation, he's a pacifist by nature but will defend himself and others if necessary(from bullies and stuff), sometimes when he's talking to someone he'll break off into Japanese just for fun, he's almost never seen without a Nintendo DS or a PSP on his person.
Background: Tylor is a successful young writer whose books have become famous back in Canada, such titles of his books include "The Dragon Knight Legacy" and "Code Named S.I.H.N." At the age of 17 he joined an exchange student program to Japan that lasted a whole year. After wards he continued to study Japanese as a second language. He's always been a gamer and always will be. His favorite pass-times involve video games and playing Dungeons and Dragons with his friends. His nationality is Canadian on his mother's side and Romanian on his father's side. (He's currently single.) Besides getting his books published, his goal in life is to become a video game designer and to have one of his games featured in the well-known video game convention E3.
(traditional freshman)
Last edited by Dynamo on Fri Jul 20, 2007 7:37 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Chicken <-- Egg <-- Rocket Powered Fist
Take that, science!

694 Reviews

Mon Jul 16, 2007 6:19 pm
Via says...

Anyone else going to join or are we flying solo?? =]

2631 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 2631
Mon Jul 16, 2007 6:53 pm
Rydia says...

Dungeons and dragons? Ooooh.How I miss that game! I shall join but my knowledge on the American education system is a little rusty.

Name= Jayne Peterson.
Age= 19.
Grade Level= Freshman.
Major= Drama.
Room=
Hometown=Hmm. Not familiar with many towns. Somewhere in California.
Hair= Naturally light brown but she dyes it a vivid red.
Eyes= Quite a bright shade of green.
Build= She is of medium height with an athletic build.
Personality= Jayne is very energetic and lively. She makes friends quickly and easily and loves to go to the cinema, play sport and go to parties.
Background= Jayne has lived a pretty average life, growing up with her younger sister and lots of friends. She is looking forward to University but already misses all of her friends. She is currently single but not looking for anything serious.
Writing Gooder

~Previously KittyKatSparklesExplosion15~

The light shines brightest in the darkest places.

270 Reviews

Reviews: 270
Mon Jul 16, 2007 6:58 pm
Alice says...

Ok i'm going to join this, so i'll post the profile when i get back =)
I just lost the game.

694 Reviews

Tue Jul 17, 2007 1:43 am
Via says...

Chandler

Chan sat on a stool in the sand, a pottery wheel perched infront of her. The beach was abnormally quiet today, not all the students had arrived yet, she assumed. The wind blew in from the ocean, her short brown hair blowing lightly with it, hiding the few pink highlights scattered through it.

Her hands were cupped around a pile of wet clay, which had also found it's way onto her face in random places. A once-white apron protected her short jean shorts and green KU tee shirt. She loved doing any art on the beach--you could just cover up the mess with the sand.

Classes would start in two days, but Chan had been there for a week already, spending a few days traveling around the island. She hummed a little while she worked, a song unfamiliar to most people.

36 Reviews

Reviews: 36
Tue Jul 17, 2007 1:50 am
She Writes says...

I am SO joining!

-Name-Bridgette (goes by "B")
-age-19
-grade level-freshman
-major-Art
-room assignment-
-hometown-Naperville
-physical description-long, wavy blonde hair, green eyes, short but strong build. 5'4".
-personality-very spunky and fun. loves to hang out with her boyfriend, Noah, and makes friends easily. Is a bit stubborn. Very fun to be around; kind of popular.

*will write later*

36 Reviews

Reviews: 36
Tue Jul 17, 2007 1:55 am
She Writes says...

Bridgette

B stood up and closed her art case. She looked over the balcony towards the beach. She slowly walked closer to the railing, wanting to be over by the beach.

Her food touched a rolling paintbrush. It rolled off of the side of the balcony. B watched as it flew down towards the group of guys. She heard one of them say something about a darn paintbrush and stupid artists. She sighed. KU is definetly going to be an adventure for her.

2631 Reviews

Supporter

Tue Jul 17, 2007 10:33 am
Rydia says...

Jayne

Jayne reached Keala university and stared up at the cluster of buildings. A boy with dark, braided hair was just leaving the beautiful piece of architecture to her right.
"Hello there. Is that the Freshman block?" Jayne called out, dragging her luggage a little closer. The boy turned, gave a quick nod and hurried on his way.
"Thanks," Jayne called after him and entered the building. She glanced down at the card in her hand with her room number on before heading towards the stairs.

Upon arriving at her room, Jayne noticed that her room-mate had already unpacked and was not currently present. Feeling slightly disapointed, Jayne deposited her case and a large rucksack beside the unclaimed bed.
"Probably an art student," Jayne murmured to herself as she glanced up, admiring the two pictures that had already been hung on the wall and the various pots and ornaments placed upon the desk and bedside table.
Writing Gooder

142 Reviews

Reviews: 142
Wed Jul 18, 2007 4:29 am
Bella says...

Name~~Bellaluna (Bells)
Age~~18
Grade~~Freshman
Major~~Computer Technology
Minor~~art and drama
Room~~Tower 215
Hometown~~Detour, Michigan
Physical Appearance~~ Really long blond hair with bright blue tips; Is fairly tall (5 ft 8), and very skinny; Her eyes are bright blue too. Ears are pierced twice, nose once, and belly button once. Her nose always has a small, diamond stud in it, and she has a very spunky look to her.
Personality~~Spunky and out going; always ready for a challenge. She loves learning, and is very smart.
i carry your heart(i carry it in my heart) <3

Please review my performance poem?

142 Reviews

Reviews: 142
Wed Jul 18, 2007 4:39 am
Bella says...

Bella walked down towards the freshman block, her suitcase in hand. She was overly excited, and anyone who knew her knew that that meant bad things.

"Oh my God, I'm so sorry!" she exclaimed as she sat up. She had just mowed over a cute guy who had been wlaking in the opposite direction of her.

"It's ok," he answered, helpign her to her feet. "I should have been paying more attention." He examined her carefully, smiling. "I take it you're a freshman at KU?"

"Yup. I'm Bellaluna, Bells for short!"

"Nice to meet you, I'm Eric. I'm a Sophmore. Maybe I'll see you around?"

"Maybe. Or maybe you could help me find my room now?"

"I'd be delighted." He picked up her suitcase for her and lead the way.
i carry your heart(i carry it in my heart) <3

Please review my performance poem?

103 Reviews

Reviews: 103
Wed Jul 18, 2007 10:38 am
Dynamo says...

(You said you'd assign us rooms if we couldn't think of where we'd want to be put.)

Tylor walked along the beach looking for a good spot to sit. He had come to KU about three days ago so he had extra time to work on his novels before classes started. He carried a stack of paper on a clipboard he used for writing when he couldn't use his laptop computer.

He spotted a girl using a pottery wheel on the beach. He went up to her. He usually didn't go up to random people to say hello, but there was something about this girl that caught his interest. "Hi there."

She stopped her pottery wheel and gave him a sweet smile. "Hello."

(That's all I can think of right now. I just woke up.)
Chicken <-- Egg <-- Rocket Powered Fist
Take that, science!

694 Reviews

Wed Jul 18, 2007 2:57 pm
Via says...

I did:

Chandler: 217A
Tylor: 309A
Jayne: 217B
Bridgette: 215B
Bellaluna: 215A

Note: I have to wait until this evening to post for Chandler.

2631 Reviews

Supporter

Wed Jul 18, 2007 4:47 pm
Rydia says...

Jayne

I checked my watch and decided that a short walk before dinner wouldn't hurt and with a campus so close to the beech, who can avoid the temptation? I changed into some more suitable clothes, ran a brush through my hair and hurried out the room with my purse. I locked the door with the key I'd been given and headed towards the sea.

To my surprise, the sandy beach was practically vacated with just a scattering of people. There was one family, clearly just arrived, that consisted of two adults and a young girl. Then there was a huddle of boys who seperated as I approached and began to toss a ball to each other. They were clearly older but I smiled and received a few grins in return. It was the third group I was heading for.

"Hi there," I called out. The girl turned away from her pottery to face me and smiled.
"I take it you're both at KU with me? Both Freshman's?" I asked enthusiastically.
"I am," The boy replied, the wind tugging at his dark brown hair.
"Me too," The girl agreed.
"Great. I'm Jayne Peterson by the way."
"Tylor Kranyak and this is..." The boy hesitated.
"Chandler Kingsley," The girl filled in.
Writing Gooder

The world is your oyster. Well, it’s my oyster, but you can have some of it.
— Feltrix