z

Young Writers Society

Centurion

43 Reviews

Reviews: 43
Wed Mar 14, 2007 11:55 pm
Kyuubi says...

Okay. Well this will be my first storybook so I hope everyone will enjoy it. Like I said, I hope.

Rules: Don't control other characters that aren't yours. You can't be all powerful. Stick with the storyline PLEASE! Decsribe your character and have fun.

The story so far: The First Great War has ended. It left Troy, Sparta, Alaxandria, and the Roman Empire in ruins. The once powerful Alliance of Nations has crumbled. The Valkyrie have gone extinct save one. The Centurion Alligience has been crushed. The final battle of the war was the most costly one of them all.

Name: Valens
Faction: Sparta
Legion: Centurion
Equipment: A small one handed sword that was commonly found in Greece and a shield on his left arm.
Personality: Short tempered, strongwilled, willing to die for what he believes is right.
Looks: Tall (around six feet) muscular, black hair with fine features on his face.
Past: His father fought in the final battle of the war. He was a veteran. He died at the hands of Haites. Valens grew up in a small village not knowing his real father until his adoptive father told him what had happened. After he heard what had happened to his real father, he joined the Spartan military. He was recognized for excellent blade skills and was put into the only survivng Centurion Legion.

(I will finish later. But if you want to post go ahead.)

185 Reviews

Reviews: 185
Thu Mar 15, 2007 12:24 am
piepiemann22 says...

I will soon.
I will always fight back, no matter what.

53 Reviews

Reviews: 53
Thu Apr 05, 2007 6:12 pm
Araidne says...

Let me guess. The reason you chose Sparta for your characters country is because you just saw 300? :wink: Huh? Good movie! I'l post as soon as I think up a good character! :D
Out flew the web, and floated wide,
The mirror cracked from side to side.
'The curse has come upon me' cried
The Lady of Shalott

43 Reviews

Fri Apr 06, 2007 11:32 pm
Kyuubi says...

Actually it wasn't because I've seen 300. I want to so bad but my mom won't take me. The reason why I wanted to to do this story book was because I' have always been interested in ancient Greece. That and I wanted to see if the story would work.

34 Reviews

Reviews: 34
Sat Apr 07, 2007 2:13 am
HeadInTheClouds says...

Hmmm, i'd love to join, but what sort of characters should we have?
If I don't write to empty my mind, I go mad. ~Lord Byron

Captain Jack is back May 25!

43 Reviews

Sun Apr 08, 2007 12:44 am
Kyuubi says...

Well you can make one up or you can choose from a few of the classes that I will list. Archer, Legionnaire (Foot soldier), Channelers (Magic users), Ogre, Troll, Spearmen, Cavalry, or Swordsman. And you can still make one up if you don't like any of these. But remember, no being "all powerful"

53 Reviews

Mon Apr 09, 2007 1:05 am
Araidne says...

Name- Eilan
Age-18
Country-Troy
Gift- Channeler
Equipment- Magic, but she also welds a bow
Personality- Fiercely loyal, vivacious, and sometimes rash
Looks- Shoulder-lenghth auburn hair, hazel eyes, 5.7ft., slim and athletic
Past- Eilan was trained to hold a grudge against Sparta, since they were Troy's main enemies in the Trojan War. During the fall, her family was killed, but she was sparred because of her gift. Later she was found by a squad of remnant Centurions. And that is were her story picks up.
The Lady of Shalott

34 Reviews

Tue Apr 10, 2007 1:51 am
HeadInTheClouds says...

Name: Helena
Class: Calvary Soldier and Archer when needed
Gift: Channeler in-training
Personality: Quiet and stubborn.
Looks: Chin-length black hair, Icy blue eyes, about 5 1/2 feet tall, thin but athletic build.
Past: Grew up in Troy until she and her young sister were captured during the fall and held in a prison. They were not killed because they showed signs of having the ability to wield magic. They and the other prisoners were freed by Spartan forces, but her sister was killed in the struggle. Helena was recruited by the Spartan army as a calvary soldier and archer until another Channeler could be found to train her.

43 Reviews

Thu Apr 12, 2007 11:20 pm
Kyuubi says...

Valens couldn't sleep. He had gotten his orders from his superior. The troops had to sail to Troy. Some moron had decided to use the weakness of the countries to launch a rebellion. The king of Troy had asked Sparta for assistance. "The rebellion was started and is going to be finished in Troy!" Valens' commander had told him. He didn't understand why Spartans had to die for Trojans. They were rivals for everything. The agreement they had reached were nothing but oral contracts that could be broken at any time. Still, Valens did find it odd that only Spartan Centurions were to be sent and not the Legionnaires. As he lay in bed, Valens turned on his side and asked his friend who was also awake,
"What do you think of going to Troy?"
His friend just snorted. That's just like Eleck, Valens thought.

53 Reviews

Fri Apr 20, 2007 6:18 pm
Araidne says...

Eilan walked behind the ruined temple of Pallas Athne." The pride of Troy," she thought, " And then the Spartans had to tear it down and defile it !"
The wind whipped her auburn hair around her head. The blue peplos robe she wore pressed tight to her legs. She mused on the letter that King Helanthese had read to his personal court that morning. Eilan had been angry. She was still angry. Asking the SPARTANS for help! Had the king no pride in his country? Did he want Troy to appear weak?! She shook her head. no matter what the king said, the Spartans were still her enemies. And no one would mess with a channeler of her strenghth, if they wanted to live. But she had to prepare. The Spartans were due to arrive in two days. And enemies or not, the hospitality laws had to be followed.
The Lady of Shalott

43 Reviews

Fri Apr 20, 2007 7:46 pm
Thriving Fire says...

Name: Skuller
Class: Troll
Looks: Massive in size with humanlike, but deformed features. AND HE'S NOT GREEN!
Personality: Super-aggressive and super-angry, lives only to see others suffer. Is weak to magic.
Past: It's thought that Skuller was once a normal human slave a in Great Roman patrician family. The story goes that he was turned into an ogre by a channeler, and that's why he hates them so much. Since then, he escaped when Rome fell but was then captured by the Spartans. And the story picks up...

The army marched towards Troy like men possesed. They were rallied, they were angry, and best of all, they were ready. They stench of blood was thick in their nostrils and they loved it. Battle was about to commence, and as the proud Spartans moved ever onwards, one thought was printed firmly in their minds: Their enemies must fall.
And the greatest thing about the forthcoming battle? The Spartans had a secret weapon.

From inside his cage, Skuller roared and pounded and let the anger consume him. His brain was still intact, and his thoughts could still be human, but not now. Now was the time to let the pain and anguish of his past take hold of him, to fight for freedom, to battle for a way out of this hellish nightmare.
For that was Skullers dream, and the thing that kept his mind barely human: Freedom. He may be trapped in a Spartan cage, being carried by six men to Troy. He may have been ordered to murder each and every Spartan and Trojan enemy he saw, but what did that matter? All Skuller wanted was to be normal again.
The cage kept moving, and inside, Skuller cracked his massive knuckles. So it was war the Spartans wanted?
Any day now, the cage would be lifted. Yeah, Skuller thought, I'll give the Spartans a war they'll never forget...
I have an idea about these voices I hear
They're audible to everyone
Everyone but me

185 Reviews

Mon Apr 23, 2007 11:18 pm
piepiemann22 says...

Name: Kaldore
Class: Mercenary
Looks: Thick medium brown hair, dark blue eyes, scar of a moon on his shoulder. Wears basic armour dark brown in color.
Personality: Usually keeps to himself though he cares about his fellows.
Weapons: Broad knight sword, very rare and considered a failure, a small knife.
Past: His family was killed in a raid and he's been attracted to war since. For some reason he can't leave the battle field.

34 Reviews

Tue Apr 24, 2007 2:11 am
HeadInTheClouds says...

Helena started out of her half-sleep at the sound of a monstrous roar. She looked around frantically, disoriented by the unfamiliar surroundings. She glanced down. The grey stallion continued to walk calmly beneath its rough leather saddle, undisturbed by the noise or his riders distress.

That's right, she thought, Spartans. Troy. War.

For some reason Helena no longer thought or spoke in complete sentances. The need to be understood by others was long since gone. No one would understand her even if she wanted them to anyway.

The strange creature the spartans called Skuller pounded at the cage bars with enormous fists capable of crushing a man's skull with a single blow. The bars rattled uneasily, seeming as if they would break under the immense weight thrown against them. Helena's grip on her pale wooden bow tightened. She did not trust that cage, she had a bad feeling it couldn't contain Skuller much longer.

43 Reviews

Tue Apr 24, 2007 11:01 pm
Kyuubi says...

The Centurion Legions stopped outside of Troy's gates. The king of Troy met the Spartan commander outside. The Spartan troops looked at the Trojan Guard with contempt.
"War will not happen between us," the king said.
"I would hope not considering that you need our aid. I have brought the finest warriors we, Spartans, had to offer," the commander replied. Huge bangs could be heard from the cages of the war trolls. Especially from Skullers cage.
"It's best if we were to go inside for the moment. I have the Great Hall set up so everyone can eat and rest," the king said as he ushered the commander inside. The commander ordered his troops to march forward into the city. Valens looked up and saw the outline of a woman holding a bow. He felt uneasy. His grip on his sword tightened and so did his grip on his shield. He was going through the figures of Sparta's forces in Troy. As of right now they had 2000 Centurions to help defend Troy. Somehow he thought it wouldn't be enough if anything should happen.

185 Reviews

Tue Apr 24, 2007 11:41 pm
piepiemann22 says...

Resting in the main hall with some of his men Kaldore was uneasy. War was not yet upon them and the city was peaceful, but he had a bad feeling. His men and him didn't belong. They were form a different country with no real conections here, yet here he was. Hired to help defend Troy.

A few seconds later the king arrived with some Spartan commanders.

"If they're here wars not far behind," he said under his breath taking a sip of Ale.

When he put his cup down a Spartan was sitting across fron him. Though Kaldore thought he wasn't much older than him the Spartan was at least six feet tall.

you ever say spidgit finner unironically?
— FireEyes