z

Young Writers Society

Which One?

Random avatar

Reviews: 82
Thu Feb 01, 2007 9:07 pm
misspriss says...

Hello! I know I really shouldn't be making a new storybook, considering there is a flood of new ones anyway, but I couldn't resist, I've been wanting to start one like this for a while. Anyway, here comes the flood of info and rules.

INFO

The setting is present day. It is about one girl and several guys (people can join whenever they want to, not just the beginning) who has to choose which guy she wants to date/marry.

Soo...basically, all the guys try and woo the girl, then at the very end of this storybook, she chooses the one guy she likes the best. Yay. And that's the happy ending.

Oh, and if you do create the girl, and you get bored with this storybook, simply PM me and I'll pass her off to another person.

THIS IS VERY IMPORTANT: There is another thread for character profiles to be posted and discussion about this storybook. Please do not clutter this one up with questions.

Phew. Got all that boring stuff over with, now let's go over more boring stuff! :)

RULES

1. Use common courtesy.

2. Always click the Spelling button before posting.

3. Use the character form I filled out for my character.

4. Use only slight God-moding, don't take over the persons entire character.

5. Stay in character with other people's character.

6. As the creator of this storybook, I am allowed to change or make new rules. Yay! :wink:

7. Try and post regularly. It would be nice if you could tell me if you're going on vacation...but if not, that is okay.

8. Please do not post anything sexual in this storybook, I do realize that it's a romance, but let's try and keep it as clean as possible.

Thanks for taking the time to look at all these boring rules, now play nicely and enjoy!

Random avatar

Tue Feb 06, 2007 2:58 am
misspriss says...

Smudging the gold paint just a bit with his thumb, 26-year-old Tyler Coleman leaned back to admire his work. It was a beautiful abstract painting of the sun rising, its rays like long arms reaching up and sending warmth into the world.

He had forgotten the gold paint on his thumb, and had place his chin in between his thumb and forefinger, in deep thought. When he finally changed positions, he had a smudge of gold paint on his chin, along with a few others that decorated his jawline, which had occured in the same manner.

He raked his fingers through his mussed up, short brown hair. Satisfied with his finishing touches, he walked to his kitchen and vigoursly scrubbed his hands he held under the facet. Glancing in the mirror, he licked his thumb and rubbed off the flecks of paint.

He searched his pockets, and not finding what he looked for, searched under a pile of white rags, until he drew out an old cell phone. He had several messeges, and all from the same number.

Tyler, it seems I have run out of peanut butter a-and I was going to make a sandwhich. The confused voice trailed off and Tyler pressed a button preparing himself for the next messege.

Tyler! I need some peanut butter! I simply cannot find any and I'm desolate without it! He pressed the button.

If you care anything at all for your widowed old mother you'll go to the store and pick me up some peanut butter! He sighed and determined not to shut off the ringer next time.

Locking his door, he walked down three flights of stairs and hopped into his car. He drove to Piggly Wiggly and bought his mother some peanut butter. As he left the store, he picked up his cell phone again and decided he was brave enough to listen to some more.

Honey, please disregard those messeges, I just found three jars of peanut butter hidden away in the pantry. Thanks!

He groaned. Only him.

270 Reviews

Reviews: 270
Fri Mar 09, 2007 10:26 pm
Alice says...

Mind if I do the girl?
Name-
Marianne

Age-

Hair color-
Blond with natural white highlights

Personality-
fun loving
coffee addict
slightly cynical sense of humor
never takes crap from anyone
optimistic but it could turn easily into dark
I just lost the game.

Random avatar

Fri Mar 09, 2007 10:30 pm
misspriss says...

Not at all, just remember that this is an RP where you can only make your character do the actions. :}

270 Reviews

Fri Mar 09, 2007 10:53 pm
View Likes
Alice says...

Marianne pulled open the living room curtain and blinked. It was noon and way too bright. She closed the curtain and turned on her T.V. there wasn't anything on. as best as can be expected. she thought.

Her cell phone vibrated on the coffee table. She ignored it. She had called in sick from work not wanting to do anything in particular so she had set the office onto vibrate.

Bored she got up and thought about what to do. "Coffee," she said, "I'll go out for a cup of coffee." she grabbed her keys and cell phone as she walked out to her car.

At the first stop sign she flipped open her phone and sent a text message to her friend. 'Getting coffee at the coffee cup join me asap.' She looked up and realized it was her turn to go. She pulled out and was ram ed by a truck. Her car spun and hit a car turning, pinning her there. The airbag went off and hit her arm and nearly knocked her unconscious.

Tyler Coleman (who had not yet arrived home after buying some extra peanut butter) pried open the door, and tried to get her to respond. Smoke poured out of every crack in the hood. Tyler groaned and unbuckled her. He put her arm around his neck and carried her as fast as he could out of the way of the car.
I just lost the game.

Random avatar

Fri Mar 09, 2007 11:46 pm
misspriss says...

(What a perfect way to introduce her! Go author13! :))

Oh no. No. This could not be happening. Tyler carried her to a grassy spot by the side of the road, and set her there. Pulling out hisc cell phone, he dialed the number for an ambulance.

He heard a noise behind him, and turned around.

270 Reviews

Sat Mar 10, 2007 1:11 am
View Likes
Alice says...

Her car had just blown up. He knelt gaping at the roaring fire for a moment. As bad as that was he couldn't help but think it was cool. Snapping back into reality he dialed the number and called whoever was required for occasions like this.

Marianne was barely conscious and in incredibly pain. But she was able to see her car explode. Oh my God, she thought, I would've been in there! Then she looked up at Tyler and smiled as best as she could. He had saved her life. She passed out before she could thank him.

Tyler lied to the ambulance and told them that he was her fiance so he could ride along and know what was going on. In the ambulance he acted as much as a fiance as he could.

When they got to the hospital he was allowed to go into the room where they checked for a concussion and other broken bones. He had never been the observer in that room, only once or twice he had been the one in the chair. But he had always been awake.

A few hours later she woke up and Tyler was allowed to talk to her. crap, he thought, she's going to hate me for telling them I was her fiance. He sat in the chair next to her cot and told her.

"Just so you know," he whispered, "they think I'm your fiance"
"Why?"
"Well it was probably the only way to get them to let me talk to you."
"I hope a 'While You Were Sleeping' moment wasn't in you mindset when you said that." She smiled. He loved her smile.
"No not really."
"Good, and thanks."
"For what?" He asked. Marianne gave him her famous 'you're an idiot,' look and sighed.
"For pulling me out of the car!"
"Oh yeah!" His phone rang his mothers ring tone. Of all the times for her to call! He flipped it open and said, "hello mom."
"Hi, how are you?"
"I'm good mom, can we talk later? I'm a little busy?"
He started to hang up when she said, "wait!"
"What mom?"
"I need jelly!"

Random avatar

Reviews: 665
Sat Mar 10, 2007 10:26 pm
deleted6 says...

Doctor Jefferson Steward had been called because they were of short staff. On his holiday. He had planned to go clubbing today or maybe hang about with Leoni. He pushed open the doors hearing mindless chatter. He could be dancing right now. He finally arrived at Ward. "No visitors sir!" The guy answered rather quickly and he could tell he was lying. "I'm Her Fiancee. Well what he care the hospital had given him a day off then dragged him back in on his day off. "Okay but afraid you need to leave, while I take her X-Ray. He moved and he finally saw her. She was blond and he was wondering if she was angel for a second. "Excuse me Doctor you said you needed X-Ray me?" Jeff came out of his day dream "Oh yeah sorry." He led her to machines maybe this wouldn't be such a bad day.
We get off to the rhythm of the trigger and destruction. Fallujah to New Orleans with impunity to kill. We are the hidden fist of the free market.
We are the ink, we are the quill.
[The Ink And The Quill (Be Afraid) - Anti-Flag]

270 Reviews

Sat Mar 10, 2007 11:11 pm
Alice says...

Jeff quickly changed his disposition to an optimistic doctor as she laid down on the table. Her blue eyes looked almost white beneath the angelic face that she had. He had to keep reminding himself that she had a fiancee and wouldn't give him a second glance.

Her x-rays showed a broken leg. She would have to have a cast and be in a wheel chair. what a shame Jeff thought, to confine such beauty to a wheelchair
I just lost the game.

280 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 280
Fri Mar 16, 2007 1:31 am
Nutty says...

Meanwhile, Shuan was hanging outside.
"Stupid windows! Why do I always get the difficult buildings?"
He dragged the window cloth across his 253rd window. His uniform was sopping wet, and foam flecked his chestnut hair. He finished polishing the window, when a young girl caught his eye.
She was dressed in a hospital smock, obviously going to, or had had an X-ray. She was stunning. Her blonde hair, while messy from her ordeal, was beautifully fine and sat around her face wonderfully.
"Jackpot!" Shuan muttered, wondering whether he could 'bump' into her at the hospital canteen.
The girl looked out the window, and their eyes locked.
Unfortunatly, Shuan was so distracted that he let his grip slip on his sling.
"Damn!" he cursed as he drew level with the next level.
He sighed, and pulled out his window-cleaning solution from his pocket.
It's not easy having a good time. Even smiling makes my face ache.

270 Reviews

Thu Apr 05, 2007 9:01 pm
Alice says...

Marianne waited patiently as Jeff wrapped her foot up preparing it for a cast. She had never had anyone put a cast on her before and she assumed it would be a nurse's job. But Jeff put it on.

"Now, Miss Marianne what color would you like?"

"Hmm... Green." Green was her favorite color, it reminded her of her home town and the collage arboretum. She used to go there with her friends all the time after her dad died.

Jeff put the cast and told her not to get it wet. Stuff she already knew but she listened to whatever he had to say. When he wheeled her into the lobby Tyler was still waiting.

"I'll get it from here doc." Tyler said. He wheeled her out to his car. "I'll take you back to your house if you want or just to the bus stop."

"You can take me home if you want," she said.
I just lost the game.

280 Reviews

Supporter

Sun Apr 22, 2007 12:41 am
Nutty says...

Shuan pulled out his jacket from his backpack. Black leather, well stitched and clean. Too bad it went over his wet overalls. Glancing over to the hospital doors, he saw the girl again. Waiting for someone.
Shuan quickly kicked the stand down of his motorbike, and running a hand through his hair, strolled over to the woman.
"Hey. Shuan. How's the leg?"
The woman looked up. "Marianne. Fine as possible, being in a wheelchair and all. I'm waiting for my ride. He's just getting my bags from my ward." She gave this stranger a small smile.
Shuan flashed Marianne a grin, oozing confidence.
"Well now, I'm always willing to help a lady in distress. Here. If you need anything, just give me a ring."
Marianne looked up from the piece of paper, surprised and a little shy of this grinning stranger.
"Well... here's my ride Shuan. Gotta go..."
Shuan smiled after Marianne, and the man who was wheeling her away.
He then span on his heel and strolled back to his beloved motorbike.

270 Reviews

Tue Apr 24, 2007 12:24 am
Alice says...

Marieanne watched as Shaun drove off on his motorcycle. She chatsized herself for looking, he seemed both too young for her and too imature. She looked at his phone number. For a few moments she totally forgot about Tyler driving her home.

Oh God, she thought as she looked at him, I'm supposed to be engaged! well... at least until I get home. She chastized herself again for whatever it was she had done now.
I just lost the game.

280 Reviews

Supporter

Sun Apr 29, 2007 10:01 pm
Nutty says...

Shuan increased the throttle, enjoying the wind in his face. He whipped up the street, dodging traffic, all the while gaining speed.
When he reached the end of his street, he pulled back. Too many times he had recieved complaints. If the cops were informed it would be bye-bye moterbike.
Skidding into his drive, he looked up at his home. It was old. Inherited from his parents, it was in need of a clean. Creepers crept up one side of the varandah, and the paint was flaking.
Kicking down the stand, Shuan streached, his mind on one thing. Marieanne.

270 Reviews

Sun May 06, 2007 10:31 pm
Alice says...

Tyler dropped Marieanne off inside of her apartment building. She thanked God she had an elevator. She needed as much time as she had to think. Shaun was cute, and dangerous; but did she dare like him? What about Tyler? Did he like her? He was nice, and funny, the sort of guy you want to end up with. She shook her head and concentrated on the crappy T.V. show she was watching. She had no claim on Tyler, but she had a small one on Shaun. Maybe she should call him, later.
I just lost the game.

The most difficult thing in the world is to know how to do a thing and to watch somebody else doing it wrong, without comment.
— T. H. White