z

Young Writers Society

Destiny

185 Reviews

Reviews: 185
Wed Jan 31, 2007 10:54 pm
piepiemann22 says...

okay, rules:
-don't control someones else character unless it's minor.
-stick to the character and story line.
-enjoy and have fun.

This was originally an idea for a book, but it may be cooler as a story book.

Background:
The dark lord of Azel has wiped out most of Pelles.. All that remains is the kingdom of Kelith. We will be warriors chosen to fight the evil. People who come in later will be people who are found and join.

Rules on the character.
-cant be all powerful
and that's about it, unless i think of anything else. Ask questions if you have them, this is my first time.

My Character

Name- Ramza
Hair- blond, medium length
Build- average
Eyes- blue green
Clothing- dark blue leather armor.
Weapon- A white knight sword.
personality- a little self centered but friendly. Loves to stare off into nothing and day dream. Also thinks a lot.
Power- can admit energy from his sword.
I will always fight back, no matter what.

Random avatar

Reviews: 82
Thu Feb 08, 2007 1:49 pm
misspriss says...

Name: Aenda Mortec

Personality:
--Stern
--Emotionless
--Strong-willed
--Gets the job done
--Does not make friends easily
--Can be friendly but only if she has known you a long time.
--Can usually predict the outcome of things
--Likes to work alone

Power:
--Can disappear for short periods of time, but no longer than a couple minutes, or else it exhausts her strength.

Looks:
--Long, deep red hair
--Green eyes
--Slim and strong body
--Noble brow
--Finely chiseled features

THIS IS HER, FORGIVE THE STUPID ARMOR, HER ARMOR IS SIMILIAR BUT NOT AS SEXY.
http://www.satyrnet.it/fantasy/wallpape ... 800600.jpg

(OOC: I'm not quite sure who is hiring these warriors and everything, so I'm going to let you post first...)
Last edited by misspriss on Thu Feb 08, 2007 10:04 pm, edited 2 times in total.

820 Reviews

Reviews: 820
Thu Feb 08, 2007 2:00 pm
Myth says...

Not done this for ages but I'll give it a go.

Name: Simin

Personality:
--Depending on a situation she can be a pessimist or an optimist
--Has a short temper
--Only kills if it is necessary
--Does not like conflict

Power:
--Can create a doppelganger of herself but it is quite weak.
Sometimes she does this to annoy others or to talk to her 'other' self.

Looks:
--Long brown hair
--Brown eyes
--Short
.: ₪ :.

'...'

Random avatar

Thu Feb 08, 2007 10:26 pm
misspriss says...

(OOC: I'm going to go ahead and post, tell me if I need to edit anything. Sorry it is so long!)

The piercing gaze of her dark green eyes met the nervous blue ones of the young man in front of her. The two opponents circled slowly, watching each other carefully, looking for an opening to attack. Both were masters of the sword.

The woman made the first move, putting in a simple thrust, which the man dodged, before retracting. The circling resumed, but it was only for a moment, for the man started a complex series of slashes and lunges with complicated footwork, but was forced to once again be put on guard as the woman parried quickly, her silver blade flashing.

It continued thus, for nearly an hour, with neither gaining or losing. Their skill was unbelievable.

Suddenly the woman came alive, and instead of blocking and parrying, attacked. Her movements was as smooth as liquid, and perfectly timed.

This threw the man off guard, for perhaps he had not realized her skill, and indeed, now it seemed she was almost toying with him. He was quickly thrown into defense, barely escaping having his throat slashed.

With one more thrust, she almost had him, but at the last moment he blocked it, the metal in both blades grating. Her sharp blade just inches from his face. Shakily, he tried to push her back, but her strong arms held firm. Suddenly she whipped her sword from the lock she had on him, bringing her blade to his shoulder, where, before he had time to react, it gouged in, and she quickly withdrew it.

With an ear-piercing scream, the young man fell to the floor, writhing in agony.

"It's nothing he'll die of, just a shoulder wound." She informed one of the men as they removed the groaning man. Wine red blood ran down her gleaming sword, and she carefully wiped it off with a white cloth, returning the jewel-studded sword to its sheath.

A young page boy trotted quickly up to her.

"If you please ma'am, I've a message from the king." He said, looking curiously behind her at the retreating group, not knowing that she had been the one who had defeated the wounded man.

"Yes, go on," She urged. The boy then recited a long message, ending it saying that the king requested her presence. She dismissed the boy and quickly rode on horse to the King of Kelith's castle.

Her boots clicked at a rapid pace as she entered the King's throne room. She walked forward and bowed deeply, no curtsies for her.

"Aenda Mortec." The King said in a deep voice, motioning his attendants away, leaving only the King's personal bodyguards, who might as well have been statues.

"Yes your majesty?" She replied.

"I have a mission for you, Aenda."

"Of course, your majesty. I am willing to do anything to help you or the kingdom of Kelith." The deep rumble of his laughter filled the enormous room.

"You accept it without knowing what it is? I'm sure you would do anything for your kingdom. In fact, I believe you would die for it, would you not?"

"I would."

"Very well. You and the others will be told about your mission soon enough. For now, I am just glad to have your cooperation."

"Others, your majesty?"

"Yes, others," the King chuckled, "I know you are very strong, but it would be folly for me to send you to defeat evil alone. You are gifted, Aenda, but you have yet to learn to work with others. You must learn to fight together."

"Yes, your majesty," she said quietly. She detested working with amateurs, for she was sure that was who the "others" were, and she knew they would only slow her down. He nodded, and bowing stiffly, she left.

"Very talented and strong-willed that one is," the King murmured to himself, stroking his beard, "With a wild, unbroken spirit."

820 Reviews

Reviews: 820
Fri Feb 09, 2007 11:12 am
Myth says...

“A mission?” Simin replied. She didn’t think much of the statue-like bodyguards by the King’s side.

The feeling of uneasiness grew when the King smiled, his eyes sparkling and watching her closely.

“I’ve only just got back from the Hermitage so you’ll have to pay well.”

The King chuckled. Simin hated his deep booming, already regretting her decision to meet the King.

“You won’t be alone this time. There are others that I have selected, you’ll work well in a group. I hope.”

Simin split in two. Her doppelganger looked at the King intensely, judging his majestic figure and beckoned for Simin to agree.

I don’t like him, she told the doppelganger.

So? We need the money. Sometimes Simin found her double was the better half as it was able to see people more clearly than she could.

And the others?

Hey, if we can work together, I’m sure you’ll get along with the ‘others’.

The King watched the silent conversation with interest, even the bodyguards kept glancing from the original girl to the wavering copy.

“All right, I’ll take the offer.”

“Good.”
.: ₪ :.

'...'

43 Reviews

Reviews: 43
Sat Feb 17, 2007 12:44 am
Kyuubi says...

I'll join..if that's okay with everyone.

Name: Revan

Fighting Style: Unknown

Past: Sad and mostly unknown. The only thing known is the fact that he was a survivor. A survivor of what is the question.

Personality: Quiet, barley speaks. When he does it's usually about something important. He looks out for his comrades in battle and never turns his back.

Armor: A mid night black chest plate with the symbol of his clan which is the Wolf's Fang Clan. A black cape which keeps his face mostly hidden.

Revan has black, messy hair with green eyes. He looks like an elf with fine features.

43 Reviews

Reviews: 43
Sat Feb 17, 2007 1:02 am
Kyuubi says...

Revan streched his armored hand out to grab the messanger boy's letter. The boy just stared at his hand in fear as Revan grabbed and tore it open. A letter from the king was usually not a good thing. It either meant you were going to be executed or he had another "offer" to talk about. Revan didn't like it. Still he thought he had better go. Revan nodded at the boy.
"I...Is there a..anything else you require? Sir?" the boy asked with a trembling voice as he kept staring at the glove. Revan shook his head and slipped the boy a piece of paper the read "Don't be afraid of me. I mean no harm to anybody." After reading this, the boy ran off.
After a day or so of traveling, Revan arrived at the kings throne. The king was enjoying a nice afternoon meal with his court. Revan noticed scuff marks on the floor. A small person was here a little while ago.
"Ah Revan. You finally showed. I must admit I didn't think you would. You're a few days behind on my invitation. I have a little mission for you and some others." the king said with a mouthful of food.
"I work alone. And how much are you paying yourself to sit there on your butt all day and make people do your dirty work?" Revan asked with his arms crossed.
"Now, now Revan no need to be hostile. I'll tell you what if you take this job I will pay you double of what the jobs worth. How does that sound?" the king replied.
"I don't work for money. I work for what's right. I'll do this mission on one condition. Tell me who the 'Others' are." Revan said as he put his hand out to shake the kings.
"You will find out soon enough Revan. You'll see." the said as he shook Revans hand.

38 Reviews

Reviews: 38
Wed Feb 28, 2007 9:42 pm
blackwings_angel says...

Alright I'm in.

Name: Orin

Personality:
-not good at keeping frineds
-likes to live in solitude
-clever and funny
-loves to laugh and thinks life is on ehilarious joke
-doesn't think about his actions or the consiquences

Background
-not on good terms with the king
-a wanted thief and killer assassian
-has always been on his own, which developed his personality

Looks
skinny
Dark brown hair
has very vibrant green eyes
is about 5'10
usually in tattered clothes with a soldiers armor under it.
(He looks just like this link without the techy stuff)
http://anime.101main.com/mika/gallery/f ... ective.jpg

Powers
Can freeze time without stopping his own motion.
Can keep control of time for about 10 minutes
Glory is like a circle in the water, Which never ceaseth to enlarge itself, Till by broad spreading it disperses to naught. -William Shakespeare

join my Storybook, now would be a great time for a new character to come in. :wink:

185 Reviews

Wed Mar 07, 2007 10:32 pm
piepiemann22 says...

Sorry everyone my computers been pulled. My time is limited so I wont be on much for a while.

Ramza stared off into nothing. The night was calm with a slight chill. A hoarse aprouched from behined.
"Sir, the king requests your presence."
"I understand." Funny, he never asks for my help. If he needs me it must be important.

About a day or so Ramza reached the king's palace. He entered the throne room to see four other people standing there.
"This must be big," siad Ramza moving his hair from his eyes."

"What does that mean," said one of the women.

"I'ld take it you don't like other people very much or you may comn down."

"What!"

"Please, no fighting," said the king.

"Is this about Azel."

"How did you know?"

"Why else would you soman me."

"You think your all powerful do you," said the same women.

"Aenda that's enogh. I know you think other people will slow you down, but you need them for this."

"His crystal is what you want right."

"How would you know that!"

"The man in black armor came forward, "Because he is the only one who has faced Azel and lived. He knows for a fact that if his crystel is not taken form him he can not be defeted. Isn't that right Ramza."

"What, he's White Blade the slayer of darkness?"

38 Reviews

Reviews: 38
Thu Mar 08, 2007 8:23 pm
blackwings_angel says...

(Wow anthony that was pretty all powerful. PS you can't have three people ina conversation without saying who said what. It's really confuzing)

A ominous clap came from the rafters above the warriors heads. "Well looky here, it's the mighty warrior, superhero Ramza. Maybe you want us to bow down to you as well." Orin laughed. "White blade, slayer of darkenss? You must be kidding me. I'm not sure working with some looney who thinks he's God is really worth my name being cleared. Even with a dirty name you couldn't catch me." He winked at the king. "Eh?" Orin had obviously ruffled the king's feathers. "I could behead you right now if you don't keep your mouth shut!"
"Okay sir don't have a dragon." He lept from the rafters, as gracefully as a shadow. He landed silenty on the marble floors in front of Ramza. He shook his hand. "I've heard the stories, and they sound like you amde them up. Last time I checked dead men don't tell stories. Slayer of darkness." He scoffed at him, "Look around you.The darkness is still here. You haven't slayed shit." He sized up Ramza. If he had to he could take him. He carried a broad long sword. Orin had a small schimtar, of pure silver, stolen from one of the kings brave knights. Orin could predict his fighting style so easily. HE could hack and slash, with heavy blows, and aggresive stabs. No flow. Orin had plenty of flow.
"That will be enough Orin," The king said. Both of is guards stepped forward, ready to catch the myth of a thief.
"Like I said," Orin backed up next to the others, "Don't have a dragon. Now, I'm a little curious, what is it you actually want us to do. Slay the darkness?"
Glory is like a circle in the water, Which never ceaseth to enlarge itself, Till by broad spreading it disperses to naught. -William Shakespeare

join my Storybook, now would be a great time for a new character to come in. :wink:

Random avatar

Fri Mar 09, 2007 6:23 pm
misspriss says...

Aenda's face was as stern as if it was chiseled out of stone, but inwardly, she was laughing.

Who was this man who had such obvious talent? She liked him, which was extremely unusual. The only thing that annoyed her was how he made the king look the fool.

But the king was probably a fool, she reasoned. She took note of the strangers limber strength. Impressive. He could probably defeat the king within seconds.

Stepping out of the line of so called 'warriors', she looked directly into his clear green eyes.

"I believe our mission is to slay Azel, and I have seen the King's bravery in battle personally." She was lying through her teeth, well, somewhat. She had seen the king fight...but brave wouldn't exactly be the best word to use.

She hated it, really, but someone had to give the king back his dignity. Male pride, or something like that.

She hoped this man would understand, being as he is a man, and stop before she had to spout of the entire list of the kings 'best qualities'. God, what was she stooping to? This was so beneath her.

185 Reviews

Fri Mar 09, 2007 8:55 pm
piepiemann22 says...

"Your right, Reven is giving me to much. I earned that name from being a solder and nothing else." He looked at the others, "I deeply apoligize."

The one who jumped from the rafters turned to look back at him, "You know, the stories must be false if you act like that."

"We should let the King tell us our mission."

"Thank you. Now, you mission is simple. Find Azel and strip the power from him."

34 Reviews

Reviews: 34
Sat Mar 10, 2007 4:01 pm
HeadInTheClouds says...

(Is it too late for me to introduce a character? Or do you already have enough? Because I have a pretty good idea for one.)
If I don't write to empty my mind, I go mad. ~Lord Byron

Captain Jack is back May 25!

185 Reviews

Sat Mar 10, 2007 11:14 pm
piepiemann22 says...

come right on in. We could always use a new character.

22 Reviews

Reviews: 22
Sun Mar 11, 2007 3:16 am
darchoco says...

joining in.

name: Kyles

fighting style: shadowjistu (assasination and hidden weapony)

past: after being trained in shadowjitsu by his father/mentor, he was called on by the king for a mission and was never seen again.

personality: for being an assasin, very upbeat. sociable. agrees to everything for a pretty girl, yet respectable. loves sneaking

looks: 5'8". grey eyes. medium black hair, usually placed over his eyes. Always in a loose back suit covered with several compartments hidden to teh untrained eye

weapon: main weaponry, two black damascus daggers, virtually undestructable. other weaponry include hidden blades and poison darts and others.

Kyles stepped out of the shadows, having already had enough entertainment from the other warriors. All others looked at him, having just barely noticed someone was there.

"So there's a mission for some stripping of powers, eh? Sounds like fun." He flashed a smile. The king looked at him quizzicly.

"Ah, Kyles. I did not expect you to be coming. Ever since your father-"

Kyles' eyes thinned. "Don't mention him. I haven't come for your sake. I just didn't want to miss the fun."

Kyles cracked his knuckles and grinned. "So, anyone got a plan?"
if you were to die today, would you be able to tell yourself that you did everything you wanted and everything you could?
life is a puzzle. want to put it together with me?

If you steal property, you must report its fair market value...
— John Oliver