z

Young Writers Society

The Chase

38 Reviews

Reviews: 38
Sun Mar 18, 2007 5:25 pm
blackwings_angel says...

Huron stared supsiciouslly behind Riku.
"Are you Alone?" He grabbed Riku's shoulder and pulled him into the building.
"Yes why- what's going on?" Riku asked, speechless of Huron's actions.
"Bad man down by river. He was looking for Naomi. We are 'fraid more bad men will come." Huron said. His cro-magnum way of speaking was not very easy to understand.
"What he means," Nyla translated, "Is that a man from Likon has came in search of Naomi. If he found his way here, we are in grave danger. They might bring an army next time and enslave us all, and burn our lovely village to the ground."
"Not good." Said Huron, slowly slipping out of teh conversation. "Not good at all."
Glory is like a circle in the water, Which never ceaseth to enlarge itself, Till by broad spreading it disperses to naught. -William Shakespeare

join my Storybook, now would be a great time for a new character to come in. :wink:

8 Reviews

Reviews: 8
Thu Apr 12, 2007 8:30 pm
Siam says...

Naomi raced through the trees, slapping away branches that got in her way. She wouldn't be the cause of anymore bloodshed. Too many people had already died on her behalf and now the whole villiage was in danger. She could sacrifice herself as long as she knew the others were safe.
"It is better to hope than to despair; To love than to hate;
To question than accept; To be strong than weak;
To do something rather than nothing; To live than to die;
To be free than be bound"
Yours truly, Siam

38 Reviews

Sat Apr 14, 2007 6:58 pm
blackwings_angel says...

Huron slipped out of his home that night and wandered out into the forest. Naomi had already left but Huron wish he could of stopped her. She was alone in the forest now and who knew what could happen to her. Now might be the time Huron was waiting for. He was almost positive. Behind his home he had a small raft which he boarded and pushed off the shore. "The others must know... We can't let harm come to this village or its people." Huron said, his cro-magnum way of speaking vanishing, his voice now sounded intelligent, and less gruff. He sat down with his dagger, wet his beard, and started shaving. He had been undercover in the village long enough. They trusted him. He deserved to go back to his family. His people. They had been waiting for his desicion on whether or not they should help these people, and bring war to Likon. Huron had finally made his desicion. Likon had been to strong for too long. Men had ruled their too long. It should be a time for equality. Huron knew the past slaves well enough. Huron's village was afraid that the women might want revenge and enslave the men. That wouldn't be right either. But Huron knew them well enough. They would rid themselves of these wicked men, and live in peace. It was time for his village to take action. Newly clean-shaven, Huron landed on theh opposing shore, where a horse was waiting for him. It was a long journey home.
Glory is like a circle in the water, Which never ceaseth to enlarge itself, Till by broad spreading it disperses to naught. -William Shakespeare

join my Storybook, now would be a great time for a new character to come in. :wink:

185 Reviews

Reviews: 185
Sun Apr 15, 2007 6:52 pm
piepiemann22 says...

Riku ran through the forest looking for Naomi. It wasn't like him to act this way, to help others at his own risk, but he couldn't let her get hurt, he wouldn't.
I will always fight back, no matter what.

22 Reviews

Reviews: 22
Mon Apr 16, 2007 8:31 pm
Kinsley says...

Lilyan silently followed Riku for a good three miles when she caught wind of another trail. Somewhat familiar but still vague. The wind blowing in from the East brought the familiar scent. Of course! It was one of the girls. Probably Naomi, Nyla wouldn't leave at a time like this. If it was Naomi Riku was searching for, he was seriously mistaken. Maybe he wasn't a natural born tracker. Whatever it was, he was heading in the wrong direction. Lilyan moved away from Riku's trail and started following Naomi's. She couldn't be too far away, she could still see footprints and crushed leaves on the forest floor. Lilyan picked up her pace in hopes of reaching her before the early light of dawn.
To M.J.,

I hope you can forgive me,
Though I'll never forgive myself.
Until again, my friend

8 Reviews

Reviews: 8
Wed Apr 18, 2007 8:19 pm
Siam says...

Naomi woke up disoriented and feeling very out of place. She opened her eyes to the cold, wet bottom of the forest floor. Then it all came slowly back to her. She had run away from the village of Tatongo where everyone was staying, even her sister Nyla. She couldn't stay, not at the expense of her friends. Naomi brushed the leaves from her hair and slowly stood up. She had to keep moving if she wanted to get a good distance away so no one could find her. She heard someone or something stirring just beyond the small clearing she had chosen as her home for the night. She quickly fastened her button up shoes and started her long journey, hurrying her pace at the sinister sounds of the forest.

At last she reached a small stream and bent to drink greedily from it. After she had had her fill, Naomi stood and almost fell over at the sight of someone standing behind her. Her burnt red hair was matted to her head and she looked a lot like Lilyan but she was much paler and had no freckles. Maybe she was some kind of relation for there was no mistaking those sapphire eyes.
"It is better to hope than to despair; To love than to hate;
To question than accept; To be strong than weak;
To do something rather than nothing; To live than to die;
To be free than be bound"
Yours truly, Siam

22 Reviews

Reviews: 22
Wed Apr 18, 2007 8:46 pm
Kinsley says...

Lilyan smiled at her triumph. She had finally found Naomi after only one night of tracking her.

"Who are you?" her small voice asked.

"I'm someone who is wondering why you're out alone in this forest," she answered evasively. Lilyan ran through a few possible names in her mind. She hadn't thought so far ahead as to come up with an alias.

"No reason," Naomi replied with the same darned evasiveness. Lilyan had to find out why she had run away and bring her back. The people of Liken would slaughter those living in Tatongo despite the fact the Naomi was no longer there. There was no way she could sacrifice Naomi but bringing her back would at least buy some time to come up with a plan.

"I see. So for no reason you look like you have traveled a long distance?" Lilyan asked, itching her nose.

The girl nodded confidently. Naomi probably didn't know that she was Lilyan. And she had better not! The white paste she had applied to her face as a disguise was beginning to irritate her skin. And the liquid that had temporarily darkened her hair color probably wasn't helping. Well, that's what you get for using natural elements of the forest instead of professional cosmetics, Lilyan thought bitterly.

"Can I at least offer you a quick route out of the forest? It would be no trouble at all," Lilyan offered.

Naomi shook her head. Man, that girl was tough! "Thank you for your kind offer but I'm afraid I'll have to decline. Thank you for your time but I really must be going now," she answered and with that she turned away and continued to follow the path down the stream.

"Wait!" Lilyan called as she hurried over to Naomi. "My name is Kysica and I know who you are."
To M.J.,

I hope you can forgive me,
Though I'll never forgive myself.
Until again, my friend

185 Reviews

Wed Apr 18, 2007 9:24 pm
piepiemann22 says...

"I'm going the wrong way, I know it." Riku heard a sound of footsteps. He may not be a traker, but he was a skilled fighter. He ran in the direction of the steps till he came upon a small crick. There was Naomi along with Lilyan, he could see through her discius. Then he got a bad feeling, he turned and looked back. He knew someone was coming. He leaped out of the brush to warn the others of danger.

38 Reviews

Mon Apr 23, 2007 1:54 am
blackwings_angel says...

Huron entered the small village alseep on his horse.His fatherwas the one who awoke him, along with the rest of the village. He was the church bell ringer. Huron tied his horse to the fountain and stumbled tiredly into his mothers house. "We must help them."

185 Reviews

Fri Apr 27, 2007 8:07 pm
piepiemann22 says...

I think I'll make an evil person.

Name- Kala
Hair- Red
Clothes- black robe
Wepon- Short sword and rod
Personality- Crude sense of humor, loves it when other people are in pain. Loyal only to herself.

38 Reviews

Mon May 07, 2007 12:36 am
blackwings_angel says...

A meeting was held in Huron's village that night. Everyone was gatherd tightly in the small town center. After so long of using terrible grammar, and pathetic english, Huron was afraid to speak in front of so many people. The mayor stood above the crowd on the edge of the fountain, silencing them all. "Huron has finally arrived with his desicion. I know that all of you trust this man and will lead him where ever he takes you. I think he is ready to make an announcement." The mayor waved Huron over, and he too stood up on the edge of the fountain. He tried to swallowing down his fears but they were too big. So many people were listening to him. With a struggled inhale he projected his voice over the crowd. "These people need our help. Ib the small village I have been spending all of this time, I have found two escaped slaves. This town, Likon enslaves women and makes them do all the work. From what i have heard there are hundreds of enslaved women who are abused, beaten, and assaulted. They have no one to protect them and the officals of Likan are too strong for them of rebel against. They need our help getting to freedom, and i believe we are the people who need to help them." Huron stepped down off of the fountain, and listened as a roaring applaud grew. He wiped his hands on his pants, the were damp and clammy. He wiped his forehead with his sleeve. He had never been as scared as he just was, and never wanted to go into a cold sweat again. At least he knew they were coming to help those girls.

*CLUCKING INTENSIFIES*
— Snoink