z

Young Writers Society

The Stone Bearers (RPG version)

53 Reviews

Reviews: 53
Wed Jan 10, 2007 10:07 pm
Araidne says...

Ok, I've started writing this as a book, but i want to toss this out as an RPG idea, and see what other people do with it. The story is about a group of women, called th Stone Bearers, who pass down the gems of Pilateil (Peh-la tell) and use the special power it gives them to defeat the Wick, their evil enemies who want the gem to finish their Rod of Fire, which will give them control of the Dominion, the realm of Light. The Bearers are the only ones who can travel to the Dominion.

Characters

Natalia- Current bearer of the onyx gem
Emma- Current bearer of the ruby gem
Rebekah- Current bearer of the emerald gem
Luna- Current beare of the opal gem
Gwenn- Current beare of the sapphire gem
Mila, Rose, Sadia, Laurel, and Kyrie- Their teachers and former stone beares.

Giron-Leader of the Wick
Ethan-Trainee
Cole- second in command
Matt- Trainee
Matthias- teacher
Rubynn-Trainee
Bartholomew-teacher
Jesse-Trainee
Garvin-teacher
Philip-Trainee

you can make up more characters, but if they are stone beares, give them different gems. No foul language. Oh, and the Wicks headquarters are in a place called Parthos. Have Fun!! :D :D :D
Out flew the web, and floated wide,
The mirror cracked from side to side.
'The curse has come upon me' cried
The Lady of Shalott

459 Reviews

Reviews: 459
Wed Jan 10, 2007 11:43 pm
Poor Imp says...

This belongs more under the category of storybooks. An interesting idea, Ariadne; but post the story narrative in the Literary forums - not this. ^_^

moved
ex umbris et imaginibus in veritatem

"There is adventure in simply being among those we love, and among the things we love -- and beauty, too."
-Lloyd Alexander

53 Reviews

Mon Jan 15, 2007 3:15 am
Araidne says...

Please, I need more people to join!
The Lady of Shalott

594 Reviews

Reviews: 594
Mon Jan 15, 2007 4:29 am
Crysi says...

I would definitely join! However, I don't know how you want to run this. Would you like us to choose from characters you've listed, so we would each control one or two characters? Or do we control all characters? Do you want us to create our own, so you can control the ones you've listed?

Let us know, and maybe you could start it off for us. :) It's your story, so you know the most about it. I think it's a really cool idea, though. It's definitely an idea I've played around with before, but I never got up the courage to try it.
Love and Light

53 Reviews

Mon Jan 15, 2007 2:40 pm
Araidne says...

You can pick from the list, and create your own characters. I'm going to introduce my character(s) later on in the story. :D
The Lady of Shalott

38 Reviews

Reviews: 38
Sun Jan 21, 2007 3:29 am
blackwings_angel says...

Okay then, I'll pick from the list. I'll take Cole. I will be making another character though. :wink:

Just doing a little description

Name: Cole

path of virtue: evil

personality; obediant, cold hearted, and sly

bio: Giron burned down his village when Cole was ten. Cole begged for Giron to take him with him, and it was probably the only kind hearted thing he did. After years of proving himself, Cole has become second in command of Wick and is Giron's personal assasian, fire catcher, and companion.

Talents: Is intensley sneaky (like a ninja), is good at theivery, can breath fire (the art, not the fake way) and is very talented with a sword.
Glory is like a circle in the water, Which never ceaseth to enlarge itself, Till by broad spreading it disperses to naught. -William Shakespeare

join my Storybook, now would be a great time for a new character to come in. :wink:

38 Reviews

Sun Jan 21, 2007 3:43 am
blackwings_angel says...

Cole walked down the dark alleys of Prthos with Giron, deep in conversation. "I want you to do me a favor Cole." Giron said cooly, his hands in the pockets of his long dark trench coat. "I want you to retrieve somethings for me," he pulled a old torn scroll, its ink faded, its paper worn. "These gems, are most precisious to me." He said unrolling the scroll, allowing Coles eyes to carefully take in every detail about them. "I want them."
Cole nodded, walking between the shadows and the little light that was in view.
"Why are these gems so important to you Giron?" Cole asked, his dark cloak flailing in the wind, his curly brwon hair, catching the wind. The trees at the edge of Parthos looked practically dead, not a leaf on there darkened branches. Little patches of the sun's rays made it through, and rested upon Giron's face. He smiled. "To plague ourselves with darkness, and diminish the light."
Cole gave him a wicked smile.
Grion whipped around the corner, the tail of his coat spinning. He pushed open one of the rickety old houses doors.
"Our fires will blaze high tonight. Let my people know that the night we love will soon grow long." Giron tossed Cole a book of matches. Use these this time.
Glory is like a circle in the water, Which never ceaseth to enlarge itself, Till by broad spreading it disperses to naught. -William Shakespeare

join my Storybook, now would be a great time for a new character to come in. :wink:

Random avatar

Reviews: 82
Sun Jan 21, 2007 5:28 pm
misspriss says...

I want to be Luna, bearer of the opal gem...but can I change her name? It's wouldn't be anything lame...and is there a certien power that goes with the gem? Or do we get to make that up?

53 Reviews

Mon Jan 22, 2007 7:23 pm
Araidne says...

I based Luna's name on the opal, because each kinda sounds or looks like a moon. In the Trilogy, Luna's full name is Lunnatia (loon-a-tsh-ah). You can pick any power, and as much as I hate saying it (sigh) you can change luna's name as long as it is not weird, and has someting to do with the moon.
The Lady of Shalott

Random avatar

Tue Jan 23, 2007 6:39 am
misspriss says...

Okay. Actually, I changed my mind, I like the name Luna! Yay. Anyway, here's her profile form.

Name: Luna Curanzi (Lou-nuh Ker-an-zee)

Path of Virtue: Wavering Good

Personality:
--Withdrawn
--Mysterious
--Intelligent
--Clever
--Sensitive

Biography:
--Luna has always known that as the bearer of the opal, she carries a certain responsibility.
--As she grows into womanhood, she wonders if what is right, is really right.
--This makes her susceptible, though she is extremely intelligent and wary.

Talents:
--Can walk on water
--Can maneuver water
--May intoxicate mortal men with her beauty if she wishes

Features: (I have also provided a link)

--Long silvery hair that streams down her back.
--Crystal blue eyes framed with dark eyelashes
--Feminine and elegantly arched eyebrows
--Unusually silky and soft skin
--Wears a pale blue, silk and satin gown that floats around her slender form

MAKE SURE TO MAXIMIZE THE WINDOW OR SHE'LL BE REALLY TINY.
http://lachronique.hautetfort.com/image ... dess_1.jpg

If you have problems with anything...let me know.
Last edited by misspriss on Wed Jan 24, 2007 9:39 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Random avatar

Tue Jan 23, 2007 5:33 pm
misspriss says...

Blowing gently on the ink to dry it, Luna folded the small piece of rough parchment, and taking a candle, dripped some oozing red wax in the center.

Her slender fingers grasped the stamp and she pressed down on the wax, leaving the blood red wax embellished.

She tucked a long wavy strand of silvery hair behind her ear. A white dove fluttered to her open window, and she secured the small letter to its foot.

The bird hopped around the marble windowsill as if looking for something.

"Oh," she said softly, and opened a chestnut drawer of the desk she had been writing on, and retrieved a bit of seed. The dove pecked happily at its payment for a moment, then fluttered off, burdened slightly under the weight of its new package.

Sighing softly, Luna got up from her chair and disappeared into the many empty rooms of the grand house she dwelt. A moment later, she appeared on polished marble stairs that spiraled down to a lush spot of grass.

Descending the long flight of steps, she took a few steps and stopped at the edge of a sheer cliff. Yards below her, were roaring waves crashing, and they sent up a salty spray, but it did not reach her.

She took a deep breath and closed her eyes, taking in the moment of serenity. A salty breeze made her long silvery hair streamed out behind her, and she felt exhilarated. She laughed, the sound like a magical tinkling of little bells, before it was engulfed in the rumbling of the angry waves that filled her ears.

53 Reviews

Wed Jan 24, 2007 7:26 pm
Araidne says...

I'm am going to pick Rebekah. I will post her bio later!
The Lady of Shalott

53 Reviews

Wed Jan 24, 2007 7:50 pm
Araidne says...

Okay, here's Bekah's bio-

Name: Rebekah Malen
Hair: Raven Black
Eyes: Emerald green
Favors wearing long green dresses and cloaks
Path of Virtue: Good
Personality:
-Quiet
-Compassionate
- Strong willed
-Wise
-Calming

Bekah's Bio:

Bekah developed her strong will after her older sister was murdered, and her murder was never solved.
As she grows older she has to realize that it's alright to nedd a shoulder to cry on.
Since she hates extreme feelings, she will wander off when she feels sad or angry, and is susceptible to an ambush.

Talents:
-Can heal
-Controls anything that is of the earth(including animals)
-Can hypnotize through song

For a picture of Bekah, go to www.jadephoenix4.tripod.com/4/
She is the first picture. But don't use the link on this page.
The Lady of Shalott

38 Reviews

Wed Jan 24, 2007 9:11 pm
blackwings_angel says...

Cole entered his room, snatching up his "fire pouch". He went to the town center and gathered a few of the young boys who would someday be one of Giron's minions. "Gather enough wood to make a tepe big enough for three of you to fit in." Cole commanded the boys who ran off joyiously towards the woods yelling "Fire fire, were having a fire." Cole also went out towards the woods, to gather materials. He picked the driest brush, and filled his burlap bag with it. He then went to the old pine trees and pulled a hachet out of its loop upon his belt. He cut down four of the straighest branches he could find, and stripped them of any imperfection. Only the best for Giron. After about a half hour he returned with four pefect torched in hand, to find the boys building the tepe for him. He smiled at them, a luxury most of Giron's men didn't give them. Usually all that Giron's men gave them were beatings, but everyone knew that as long Giron didn't tell him to him hurt one of them. He went to the town tavern. Torg was tending the bar. "I want a two liter of ale Torg." Cole said slappign afew gold coins down on the counter.
"-But that's only used for making fires." Torg said reaching under the counter. "You better make it a good one Firetongue. Otherwise next time I'm charging you double."
Cole gave him a twisted smile. In Giron's town, Firetongue was a compliment. Cole was known for his talented fire breathing. He always put on a good show for Giron.
When Cole went outside, he saw Garvin giving the boys slaps upside the head. "Gavrin, I told them to get wood, they've done nothing wrong."
Garvin glared viscioiusly at Cole. Garvin always thouhgt that he should be second in coomand instead of Cole.
"Did you tell them to make it this poorly?" He said, pushing upon one log, the entire tepe collasping. Cole walked towards Garvin until inches away from his face. Cole could smell the rum on Garvin's breath, and the food stuck in his beard.
"I never told them to make the tepe. And now I'm telling you to." Cole said, taking ahold of his hachet's handle. Garvin glared at him visciously, and cursed in his face. "I would make a far better leader than you ever could." Garvin said. Shutters of the nearby houses flung open to see the commotion. Garvin and Cole got in fights almost weekly, and bets were usually placed upon them. Garvin put his hand to his dagger when a voice rang out.
"Garvin you fool! Why won't you stop trying to fight him, he beast you every time. Get to work!" Giron yelled, walking out of his house. Shutters slammed shut, no one wanted to be caught cheering them on. Giron walked out into the center of the town. He put his hand to the hilt of his buster sword, just in case Garvin did want to start something. "Cole get back to work on my fire!" Giron yelled, "And Garvin do what he says, get to work!" He then walked away, and once again went into his house. No one really had seen the lair of Giron from the inside. Cole had to try quite hard not to smile in old Garvin's face. "Get to work."

53 Reviews

Wed Jan 24, 2007 9:56 pm
Araidne says...

To speed things up, I'm also taking Emma.

Name: Emma Gruelard
Path of Virtue: Good
Personality:
-Firery
-Temermental
-Unpredictabile
-Clver
-Adventurous
-Passionate

Emma's bio

Emma has a temper as firce and firery as her hair, which often leads to trouble. As bearer of the ruby gem, she has a hard time controling her inner fire. She has to learn that thinking before leaping is sometimes the best thing to do.

Talents
-Controls Fire
-Shape-shifts
-Lures men to do her bidding through dancing

Here is a better picture of what emma looks like
Eyes: Golden
Hair :Red-ornage
Attachments
Fire-Goddess.jpg
Fire-Goddess.jpg (162.05 KiB) Viewed 239 times
The Lady of Shalott

Go and make interesting mistakes, make amazing mistakes, make glorious and fantastic mistakes. Break rules. Leave the world more interesting for your being here.
— Neil Gaiman