z

Young Writers Society

hey guys, check this out! {Yes i am talking to you }

38 Reviews

Reviews: 38
Sun Dec 24, 2006 2:59 am
blackwings_angel says...

here are the rules:
-describe your character, that's easy enough.
-keep it on a fantasy level, we don't need it to jump to a science fiction
-make sure that your story cnnects with the last and introduce your character to before you jump in.
- lastly, have fun with it

Here's my character

Name- Aro {pronpunced Aye rah}
Gender-male
race- elf
hair-long blonde{looks like my avators}
eyes-dark blue, almost a black
personality-loner, leads his own path. Seeks justice for everyone

Special info- a talented bowman, who dresses in dark greens. He has abondened his fellow elves and lives alone, wandering the world. Has one big weakness; the human race attracts him.
Last edited by blackwings_angel on Sun Dec 24, 2006 3:10 am, edited 2 times in total.

38 Reviews

Sun Dec 24, 2006 3:04 am
blackwings_angel says...

Aro walked through the forest, its shadows bathing him in darkness and stealth. A deer stood a few hundred yards away from him eating at some berries. He drew his bow, and aimed for the creature. With a twang he shot his arrow, twirling straight into the animal's side. he carried the animal back to his camp, and started to cut him into small pieces. While he was cutting the deer into slices, he noticed something was wrong about the camp and he had the strangest feeling someone was watching him. His pointed ears twiched, listening for something. A steady breathing was coming from above him. It sounded human.....
Last edited by blackwings_angel on Sun Dec 31, 2006 12:39 am, edited 1 time in total.

185 Reviews

Reviews: 185
Tue Dec 26, 2006 4:06 pm
piepiemann22 says...

Nice. Are you going to turn this into a book? If so then it has great promise.
I will always fight back, no matter what.

Random avatar

Reviews: 82
Wed Dec 27, 2006 12:37 am
misspriss says...

Hey, mind if I join? I know I'm already doing a storybook that includes you but I love storybooks! They are awesome!

Name
-Alexandria

Race
-Human

Hair
-Strawberry Blonde

Eyes
-Green

Personality
USED TO BE--Friendly, Outgoing, Funny.
IS NOW--Serious, Troubled, Distrustful.

Special Info
-Her village got burned to the ground while she was in the woods. She is the only survivor.

Random avatar

Wed Dec 27, 2006 12:55 am
misspriss says...

Alexandria had been sleeping when she was awakened by a deer moving nearby.

Food! She would finally be able to fill her ravenously hungry stomach.

Ever since the village had been burned...she shook away the thoughts. She wouldn't think about that right now, not with food nearby. What luck! It had practically stumbled into her lap.

But no sooner than had she thought this then an arrow had buried itself into the brown animals side.

Aghast, she froze and searched the forest surroundings. There. He stood, camouflaged well by the tree's, with bow in hand, an elf.

He silently walked forward and hefted the dead animal over his shoulder.

She clenched her fist, angry at him for claiming her food. Suddenly she relaxed. She hadn't always been this violent.

Once...she had been kind and loved everyone. But she gave a shake of her head covered in long strawberry blonde hair. No more. Not after everything that had happened. To survive, you had to be ruthless.

Quietly, taking care not to step on any crunchy leaves or twigs, she followed him. He was attractive, yes, but she hardly noticed this as she watched him cut the delicious meat into thick strips. Food. How she longed for it.

Agile as a cat, she climbed a tree overhanging his temporary camp. She licked her lips, imagining how the filling venision would taste. Alexandria hardly remembered. It had been so long, living off of roots and vegetables and occasionally a rabbit or two if she was lucky.

He had enough to provide for himself and more. Greedy elf. Surely she could snitch a couple of pieces for herself if only he would leave.

Would she be daring enough to try and steal some right under his nose?

(You can decide black_wings, if she tries to steal some or not.)
Last edited by misspriss on Sat Dec 30, 2006 2:54 pm, edited 2 times in total.

38 Reviews

Wed Dec 27, 2006 1:07 am
blackwings_angel says...

Aro set down his knife, and looked to the trees. He caught a glance of light red hair, that flowed through the wind, it was a girl. He went into his tent, hoping the girl would be brave enough to try and steal from him. He ruslted around with his possesions, just so that the girl wouldn't get supisious. He heard a twig snap, then another. She had come to take some of the meat. He smiled to himself, humans, such a waste of beauty.
"You know, you could of just asked." Aro said, pushing the flap of his tent aside. A coyote stood, its front legs resting upon the table, a strap of meat in its jaws. Aro let out a sigh, how could he have made just a stupid mistake. He scared the beast away, and let it take the string of meat. He looked at the table. Two strings were missing and he had quite clearly seen the coyote only take one. He searched the ground around his camp. There were tracks alright, and they were human leading right up to the table. The girl was tricky , very tricky. Aro smiled to himself, he was just outsmarted by a human.
Last edited by blackwings_angel on Sun Dec 31, 2006 12:42 am, edited 2 times in total.

Random avatar

Wed Dec 27, 2006 1:22 am
misspriss says...

Alexandria carefully cut the strip of raw venison in half. Though every inch of her wanted to hastily build a fire and after probably scorching the meat in her haste, devour it all, she solemnly looked around for the right type of wood, the kind that wouldn't send up a billowing smoke signal.

She gathered the wood and dumped it in a pile on the forest floor. Using the primitive method, the bow and drill, she managed to light the fire.

After carefully roasting the meat over her small fire, she sat cross-legged on the ground and tenderly bit into the stringy food. It was glorious.

Suddenly a twig snapped behind her. She sprang to her feet, stuffed the rest of the meat in her pocket, and bolted.

Running tirelessly through the woods, she thought she heard someone following her, but maybe it was just the leaves being tumbled by the wind. Maybe.

As she weaved her way through the slender tree's she suddenly found herself trapped by a sudden and dangerously sheer cliff. Far below was large, rushing river.

She spun around, wondering if she had lost her pursuer or if he would be standing there, gloating in his good luck, or maybe there had been no one, and it was simply her imagination.

18 Reviews

Reviews: 18
Sat Dec 30, 2006 10:51 pm
jearjioe says...

Alright I'll join in Blackwings.

Name- Lykoto (lie-ko-toe)
Gender-male
race- Rosno (looks kind of like beast from X-men exept with a tail and one horn in the middle of their heads)
fur-dark fur, shaggy and weathered
eyes- orang but turn red when angry or in battle
personality- Doesn't like to talk, but does so when nessesary. A head taller then any elf or man, but he doesn't use this to frieghten others
Special info- Troubled past full of trechery and lies. Used to live in the montains with his people until elves attcked his town. He is the only known surviver.

185 Reviews

Sat Dec 30, 2006 11:48 pm
piepiemann22 says...

Same with me.

Name: Zelles
Race: ?-he looks like a human man, but he has the abbilities of an elf and man combined- he is not a half elf.
Armor: plain leather armor with a redish color.
Hair: long, thick, and pure white
Personality: Carefree and happy, yet serious when need.
Eyes: blue-green, but turn white when he gets ready for battle.

185 Reviews

Sun Dec 31, 2006 12:08 am
piepiemann22 says...

The sun was shining as Zelles walk along the outer streatches of the Rallan Castel. After a peacefull time since the enemy attacks on the elves he's had alot of time on his hands. He decided to take a walk in the woods. He wondered for a while till he came to a small clearing where he could see the sun.
"Dusk, should head back now."
Just has he was about to leave he heard a crackling sound. He turned and looked up to see smoke. He ran to the sound, but when he got there there was only an empty camp site. Then he heard footsteps in the forest, but they were faint. He followed as best he could. Then they stop. He stoped and listened.

38 Reviews

Sun Dec 31, 2006 12:35 am
blackwings_angel says...

Aro turned around. Someone was following him. He turned back towards the camp. Had the girl brought company? He grabbed his bow, and strung a long arrow. No matter what was following him it wouldn't live for long. The footsteps continued towards him. He jumped up and hinged himself to a branch. He swung with ease into the canopy and waited for his follower. A man with white hair enter his sights. He looked around, and brushed the ground. "he's looking for tracks." Aro thought to himself.
Glory is like a circle in the water, Which never ceaseth to enlarge itself, Till by broad spreading it disperses to naught. -William Shakespeare

join my Storybook, now would be a great time for a new character to come in. :wink:

185 Reviews

Sun Dec 31, 2006 1:10 am
piepiemann22 says...

"Damn, I can't hear anything and there is no sign of anyone. Wait, there, trakes."
He follows them to a cliff. There stood a young red haired woman. He was about to aprouch when he heard something behind him.

Random avatar

Sun Dec 31, 2006 1:46 am
View Likes
misspriss says...

Alex took a step back, so near to the edge that a strong wind could have blown her off.

But that was not what she was focusing on at the moment. No indeed, her gaze was attached to that of what looked to be a dangerous man's stare.

In her mind she weighed her options. A peaceful encounter was not one of them.

In these parts the golden rule wasn't live and let live. It was fight for your life and perhaps you'll keep it.

At one glance she took in his long milk-white hair that hung about his shoulders, his mysterious, clear eyes that were a mixture of indigo blue and sea green, and his leather armor.

A warrior. Though she was certain before that he meant her harm, her certainty was doubled when she realized he was a man of war.

She wondered cautiously what his next move would be.

38 Reviews

Sun Dec 31, 2006 4:09 am
blackwings_angel says...

Aro shot his arrow, which shot rapidly at Zelles. He quickly dodged the arrow, it hardly touching his hair.

"Hello Zelles,"Aro said smoothly jumping out of the tree. "What are you doing out here? And why have you trapped this youth between a cliff and a warrior. If I was her I would choose runnig to the right." He smiled at the girl, and winked. Suddenly Zelles spun around and.......
Glory is like a circle in the water, Which never ceaseth to enlarge itself, Till by broad spreading it disperses to naught. -William Shakespeare

join my Storybook, now would be a great time for a new character to come in. :wink:

185 Reviews

Sun Dec 31, 2006 3:16 pm
piepiemann22 says...

Zelles was distracted by Aro for only a seconed, but the girl was gone.
"What, your not going to follow her?" Asked Aro in a friendly voice.
"I had no intention of hurting her Aro. You know me better then that. But still, something happened to her, I know it."

Poetry is my cheap means of transportation. By the end of the poem the reader should be in a different place from where he started. I would like him to be slightly disoriented at the end, like I drove him outside of town at night and dropped him off in a cornfield.
— Billy Collins