Young Writers Society

Good writers needed!

Random avatar

Reviews: 82
Sat Dec 16, 2006 4:16 pm
misspriss says...

RULES:

1. This can be a Adventure/Fantasy.
2. No more than seven people can insert their character in this story.
3. Please write nicely and be committed to posting!

*my character's profile*

Gender ~ Female
Hair ~ Waist-length, wavy black locks.
Eyes ~ Large, almond-shaped, green eyes framed with long black eyelashes.
Body type ~ Tall and slender.
Complexion ~ Ivory

Notes: She is a strange type of elf (people, I'm not a fantasy fanatic so I'm just going to make up my version of an elf, okay?) and she attracts animals and can move earth materials. Her weakness is becoming attached to people of the lowly human race. :-)

Random avatar

Wed Dec 20, 2006 9:01 pm
misspriss says...

Mysterious but bewitchingly beautiful, Elainora trailed her long, slender fingers in the crystal clear stream water. She noticed her reflection in the rippling water and tucked a lock of long black hair behind her pointed ear.

Looking around to make sure there were no hidden spectators lurking in the secluded woods surrounding her, she drew the hem of her elvish earth-green skirt up to her knee's and stepped into the cool stream. Suddenly she glanced around. Her sharp elvish eyes did not detect anything and she relaxed, but couldn't shake the feeling of being watched.
Last edited by misspriss on Thu Dec 21, 2006 2:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.

90 Reviews

Reviews: 90
Wed Dec 20, 2006 9:40 pm
rosethorn says...

((Heh. Perfect timing.))

Name: (it's a secret!)

Hair: Black, falls into eyes (think Murtagh from Eragon movie

Eyes: Green, pupil ringed narrowly with red

Body Type: 5'11", very fit, but not bulky

Complexion: Erm...Not too white and not too dark. Not so tan but does get his share of sunlight

Race: Nosferatu :o

I'll let my character be entered as you will it. This is my first time with this kind of RP. Be gentle. :D

Random avatar

Wed Dec 20, 2006 11:17 pm
misspriss says...

Hello! Umm...what is a nosferatu? :oops: And, by the way, you may enter your character right now if you want. Oh, and, I will be gentle, this is my first time doing this too! :D

798 Reviews

Reviews: 798
Wed Dec 20, 2006 11:37 pm
View Likes
Jiggity says...

I believe it means vampire ..., just thought I'd add that -- I'm nit joining the storybook lol.
Mah name is jiggleh. And I like to jiggle.

"Indecision and terror, thy name is novel." - Chiko

90 Reviews

Thu Dec 21, 2006 12:06 am
rosethorn says...

((Heheh. Indeed, vampire.))

He stalks her from the trees above, careful not to announce his presence. Her momentary jolt of attention did at first startle him. But he eased quickly, knowing he surely wouldn't be found out since he gave off no aura for her to catch.

He had no interest of feeding on her. Her blood could very well kill him. No, his interests in her ran much deeper than the veins running under her skin...

((Mysterious intro...bum, bum, bum, BUM))
Last edited by rosethorn on Thu Dec 21, 2006 1:03 am, edited 1 time in total.

Random avatar

Thu Dec 21, 2006 12:41 am
misspriss says...

(Ahhhhh! You do make me curious!)

After drinking her fill from the river, and greatly refreshing herself, Elainora retrieved a little leather pouch out of her small pack and munched on some of it's life-giving contents. Putting it back, she looked to the sun for a moment, and then proceeded to hum a strange tune. No more than a moment later, a giant, brilliantly colored horse, eighteen hands high, galloped towards her.

Without so much as the blink of an eyelash, she gracefully lept onto the shire horse. She said something to the black horse in elvish tongue and with it's eyes rolling back and showing their whites, it made a perilous and abrupt turn, changing it's direction. As she rode bareback towards her far off destination, Elainora could feel the giant, black horses muscles ripple beneath her. The sun was sinking slowly beneath the horizion, it's golden rays illuminated her face. Her hair, streaming like a shiny waterfall of black water behind her, made her look unearthly radiant.

90 Reviews

Thu Dec 21, 2006 12:58 am
rosethorn says...

He cursed, jumping from his perch and landing perfectly square on the forest floor below. He'd have to follow her.

Her aura was strong. Easy to track, even with the distance she'd be gaining on him. Unless she died or had a reason to shield her aura, he'd find her easily.

East...what lied in the Eastern expanse that would interest this woman?

Random avatar

Thu Dec 21, 2006 1:09 am
misspriss says...

Speaking softly to her loyal horse, he slowed and she slipped off him. She patted his inky black muzzle, he was worn out. She would have to make shelter here. Elainora looked carefully at her surroundings, surveying what might be useful.

She was standing on a dirt forest floor, surrounded by pine tree's that almost made a dome, letting in just a few shafts of sunlight, giving the area an eerie, ghostly feel. She shrugged off her feelings of peril and gathered some fern leaves that would make a fine pillow. Lying down, she closed her eyes and sighed softly, her horse was not the only one weary from such a ride.

90 Reviews

Thu Dec 21, 2006 4:43 am
rosethorn says...

The forest was several acres in stretch and could take until sunrise to escape from, even for a vampire.

He stopped after a good distance travelled. She had stopped, he was sure.

He had followed the stream line this far, not straying too far from the elf's trail. It seemed going any closer to her than this would be too great a risk. He didn't wish to announce himself just yet.

But a sting pulsed through him, a familiar pang. He'd need to feed before long.

Her horse might serve this purpose. He'd certainly be able to lessen the pace for her...

He shook the idea from his mind. No, then she'd know she was being followed. And if she didn't know that much, she'd still have too much of a hint.

He'd have to battle through it.

Until then, he'd rest. There wasn't a need for sleep but he could use the rest. The time to think would be most welcomed.

Random avatar

Thu Dec 21, 2006 2:29 pm
misspriss says...

Pieces of Black Walnut had done it, concluded Elainora angrily as she crouched closer to her horses right forefoot. Gently running her fingers down his leg she saw that it was swollen from the hock down. She leaned back on her heels and studied the forefoot closely, thinking.

This would slow her down considerably, she deduced, realizing that this was a severely lame horse.

She had noticed a small river nearby and slowly walked her horse there now, letting his lame forefoot rest in the cool water.

90 Reviews

Fri Dec 22, 2006 9:19 pm
rosethorn says...

The sun had been up for a few hours already. He had been awaiting the first signs of activity patiently, tending to his assorted weapons he'd kept on him since the start.

Then the elf's aura shifted. She came forth, towards his own make-shift camp, leading her wounded beast to the stream.

Luck, it seemed, was with him. Perhaps she would not ride now...

Deep in this forest, with no mount, she'd have no way of running...should something happen.

Before he act on these thoughts however, a far off sound caught his attention. Horses approaching, nearly thirty of them. Closing his eyes, an image shaped.

Thirty armed men of the Empire. Nearly two miles away.

He had no time to wait and see what it was they were after. Of course it would be no surprise if they were after this woman...he was too, after all. And if they were able to get to her first, he'd lose her. And he couldn't afford such a loss.

He stepped forward from darkness. "Good morning, m'lady. It seems you are in need of some assistance."

Random avatar

Fri Dec 22, 2006 9:27 pm
misspriss says...

Rosethorn, should she be able to see that he is a vampire the moment she lays eyes on him? Or is it somewhat hidden?

Elainora jumped slightly and cautiously turned around, facing this sudden, uninvited person. Even before she met his gaze, she knew that this was not someone to aid her.

"What do you want?" She asked guardedly, trying to hide her fear and willing her eyes to stay their normal size.

90 Reviews

Fri Dec 22, 2006 9:34 pm
rosethorn says...

((Totally up to you. Either way, vampires are a dying breed. He is one of the last there is.))

((Hah. And yeah, he does sort of have that "Don't Trust Me" appearance.))

He wasn't taken aback by her fear. Of course, he'd expected it. Though it wasn't going to help his campaign.

He moved closer, slowly as to not alarm her, his hands held up to show that he meant no harm.

"That beast of yours is limping. Thought you could use some help."

Like thunder, the sound of beating hooves clawed at his mind. But he kept his stature cool and collected, like that of a common traveller.

Random avatar

Fri Dec 22, 2006 9:44 pm
misspriss says...

Elainora's suspicion eased slightly, maybe, just maybe, someone in the world had something other than their personal benefit in mind.

Still, she was cautious.

"I surely could, but what's that to you? I don't see you with any faster means of getting anywhere." She said, glancing over his shoulder in what she hoped he thought was an easygoing manner.

You are beautiful because you let yourself feel, and that is a brave thing indeed.
— Shinji Moon