Young Writers Society

Detention: Magic Edition

378 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 378
Sat Jul 09, 2022 6:47 am
View Likes
Omni says...

Welp, you've found yourself here, of all places.

Detention. Magic detention, to add to that.

Why are you here? Who knows. But, one thing's for sure. You can't leave until the three hours are up, no matter how much you might want to. So, you're stuck in here, with four other people. Instead of doing what you need to do, like homework (wait... do you even do homework??), you decide to do what all detention-goers end up doing in the movies: chatting. And potentially getting into even more trouble :)
This account proudly supports lgbtq* rights.

sass levels loading

[he/him]

378 Reviews

Supporter

Sat Jul 09, 2022 6:49 am
View Likes
Omni says...

Spoiler! :
Name: Railyn Yora
Gender/Pronouns: Male He/Him
Appearance: Ruffled red hair, blue-green eyes, cut jawline but puffy cheeks, tall, scrawny, sprawling dragon tattoos on forearms. Wears tan and maroon clothes, with a dark maroon, almost brown, vest.
Personality: He is a little lost at all times, but means well. Wants to see the good in people. Very naive. Definitely a golden retriever type of energy, and he likes cracking jokes to lighten the mood/his anxiety.

Code: Select all
[b]Name: [/b]
[b]Age: [/b]
[b]Gender/Pronouns: [/b]
[b]Appearance: [/b]
[b]Personality: [/b]

@winterwolf0100 @HarryHardy :)

Railyn leaned back in his chair. Darn, these school chairs were so rough on the back. He tapped his pecnil, glancing at the professor lounging in the front of the room, reading some huge scroll that covered his face. He wondered if the guy was even awake right now. If Railyn were in his position, he definitey wouldn't be.

Tapping his pencil a few more times, he groaned and sought the attention of whoever was closest to him.

"Psst. What are you in here for?"

sass levels loading

[he/him]

4103 Reviews

Reviews: 4103
Sat Jul 09, 2022 7:32 am
View Likes
KateHardy says...

Spoiler! :
Name: Safiana Vialena
Gender/Pronouns: Female she/her
Appearance: Safiana is rather short, standing at a hair under five feet. Her skin is a lighter olive color, with the lightest of tans dusting across it. Her eyes are a startling electric blue that are still surprisingly soft mostly because she is almost always smiling. That and the fact that they are hidden behind a pair of glasses. Said smile combines with her unusually bright platinum blond hair that's basically white to create a startling amount of light. All around her arms and face run bits of skin that are ever so lighter than the skin surrounding them, weaving across her arms almost like her nervous system was on the outside instead of in.
Personality: Safiana is a little ball of sunshine on most occasions. She always finds something to be happy about even on the worst of days, looking on the bright side in all situations. She's not the most confident person when talking to strangers (and she will fully enter lesbian disaster mode sometimes) but she's usually the kind of person that will wish everyone she sees including the flower she saw on the way to school a good morning. And while she's not the most talkative with friends, she tends to often talk her friends ears off. The other time she's prone to large amounts of rambling is when she's nervous. She can also be rather passionate about what she believes in and isn't afraid to speak up about it even if she might apologize profusely afterwards for her mini rants. She's not exactly guarded, but she's logical about most things, not taking most advice at face value unless someone properly justifies it to her. She doesn't trust every single person she sees, but she does tend to look for the good in people more than not. She pretty much never loses her temper, always able to keep her feelings in check and mentally sort out what's made her angry.

but Harry this is a complete copy paste shhhhh

Safi nearly jumped when the person next to her spoke up. She'd been lost in thought trying to figure out what had possessed her to do that and get herself in here.

"A mistake," whispered Safi, "you?" She knew here answer was purposely vague, but one did not spend hours at stuffy parties among people who had way too much money and learnt to give information away freely, especially ones like this that could be leveraged later.
Stay Safe
The Princess of Darkness

Hello! You? Yes you reading this. Have a nice day because you're wonderful and you deserve it!

Catchphrase loading. Please Wait...

135 Reviews

Reviews: 135
Sat Jul 09, 2022 10:30 pm
View Likes
SilverNight says...

Spoiler! :
we all have the same idea LOL

Name: Kynina Fallon
Gender/Pronouns: Female, she/her
Appearance: Kynina has long, straight black hair with curtain bangs. Her eyes are dark, and she has olive skin. She’s on the tall side and slender, with little muscle. She has several piercing in her ears and usually wears crystal earrings. She also wears necklaces, but never rings or bracelets. Kynina has a favorite long coat, as considered fashionable by city mages, which is navy blue in color with glimmering fabric. Under it, she wears mostly dark clothes, usually a blue blouse with a corset and black jeans. She wears leather boots with a slight heel because she gets a little confidence with the extra height.
Personality: Kynina is gracious and friendly, often reaching out to those who don’t seem to know many people. When someone is unkind or harsh to her, she will usually keep her cool and try to find out why they are acting that way. If she decides she can’t change that behavior (which usually only happens when it gets repeated), then she will move on and cut them out. She likes feeling like she knows people, and that she understands them in their various moods, but she feels like for all her efforts for others, she’ll never be paid attention to in the same way by them.

Kynina watched the two chatting. She had been tapping her fingers on the desk and watching the clock, slowly getting bored out of her mind. At least this was something else she could be doing.

“Was it anything to do with breaking something?” she whispered to the boy that the girl had addressed. “I accidentally blew up someone’s fancy magic sword and they decided to complain about it.”
"silv is obsessed with heists" ~Omni

"silv why didn't you tell me you were obsessed with heists I thought we were friends" ~Ace

"y’all we outnumber silver let’s overthrow her >:]" ~winter

silver (she/they)

378 Reviews

Supporter

Sat Jul 09, 2022 10:37 pm
View Likes
Omni says...

Railyn whistled at the girl with long black hair's statement. "That must have been quite a blow to their sword!" He glanced at the other girl. She said "mistake" instead of "accident" -- surely those meant the same thing, right?

"Well, me? I accidentally singed a teacher's hair during sparring class. She did... noooot like that." He shrugged. "In my defense, I didn't know her aura didn't protect her hair of all things, like, how?"

sass levels loading

[he/him]

135 Reviews

Sat Jul 09, 2022 10:49 pm
View Likes
SilverNight says...

Kynina couldn’t help but snicker a little. “Really, it’s so hard to tell with those things. It’s pretty reasonable to assume someone working in a classroom with a bunch of youth who have flames, ice and all the rest has measures to ensure they don’t catch fire in the middle of a lesson.”

"silv why didn't you tell me you were obsessed with heists I thought we were friends" ~Ace

silver (she/they)

378 Reviews

Supporter

Sat Jul 09, 2022 10:53 pm
View Likes
Omni says...

"Right! That's what I told her, and then she gave me detention. I think she was double embarrassed for that slip up and then me calling her out on it." Railyn brushed his hair through his fingers. "I am not looking forward to seeing her again later this week."

sass levels loading

[he/him]

33 Reviews

Reviews: 33
Sat Jul 09, 2022 10:55 pm
View Likes
winterwolf0100 says...

Spoiler! :
Name: Thane Matthai
Gender/Pronouns: She/her
Appearance: Southeast asian, with tawny beige skin, dark brown eyes. She has black circles around her eyes like a raccoon, but they aren't constant, and they shift around like fog. Most of the time they are pretty light, but still noticeable. She has black hair cut in a shaggy tomboy style where it does the SWOOP in front of her face and then behind her ear, ends right around the base of her neck. She's 5'3" and very skinny but she has muscular arms.
Personality: She is quiet and confident in herself. She's extremely blunt and pretty sarcastic when she feels the need to be. She's very perfectionistic and doesn't like when others underestimate her.

Thane stared straight ahead in her desk, tapping her fingers against the desk absent-mindedly. What a bunch of idiots. There were plenty of ways to spar without burning someone's hair.
he/she/they

winter you are an adorable bean and I love your bad social awareness xD ~Omni
omni played robin hood, stole winter's brain cell ~Silver
winter is the only person who would survive the machine uprising ~Europa

135 Reviews

Sat Jul 09, 2022 11:12 pm
View Likes
SilverNight says...

Kynina chuckled, sparing a moment to look around. Most of the other students present were uninterested in listening and participating, or just pretending to be. She would’ve assumed that any conversation was preferable to sitting here for a couple hours.

“Yeah, same with the girl whose sword I damaged. She made a couple threats, I think? And they weren’t so great.” She shrugged. “I don’t think that was within the rules on her part either, threatening to beat up another student, but I’m still the one in trouble. Not that I have a huge problem with it.”

silver (she/they)

33 Reviews

Sat Jul 09, 2022 11:15 pm
View Likes
winterwolf0100 says...

"You don't?" Thane asked dryly. "Because for someone who doesn't have a problem with it, you're talking about it a lot."
he/she/they

378 Reviews

Supporter

Sat Jul 09, 2022 11:19 pm
View Likes
Omni says...

"Whoa," Railyn whistled, "someone's grumpy. What's up, grumpy pants?"

sass levels loading

[he/him]

33 Reviews

Sat Jul 09, 2022 11:20 pm
View Likes
winterwolf0100 says...

Thane glanced at him, giving him a dead-eyed stare. She didn't even look angry, just completely devoid of emotion. "Don't call me that."
he/she/they

378 Reviews

Supporter

Sat Jul 09, 2022 11:23 pm
View Likes
Omni says...

"Hey, I call it as I see it," Railyn shrugged. "Don't be grumpy if you don't wanna be called grumpy. Annnywayy," he turned to the black haired girl. "I'm Railyn."

sass levels loading

[he/him]

135 Reviews

Sat Jul 09, 2022 11:36 pm
View Likes
SilverNight says...

Kynina shook her head slightly and turned away from the other girl. Best not to show whether she was stung or not. She smiled at Railyn. “Well, it’s nice to meet you, even if this is a weird spot for first encounters. I’m Kynina.”

silver (she/they)

378 Reviews

Supporter

Sat Jul 09, 2022 11:38 pm
View Likes
Omni says...

"Hey, any place is a place to make friends, no matter the circumstances." Railyn flashed his pearly whites. "You know, I bet you the professor who helped that poor girl make her magic sword is thinking of failing her now. At least it wasn't an actual battle."

sass levels loading

[he/him]

Perfection is lots of little things done well.
— Marco Pierre White