z

Young Writers Society

Wayward Travelers

245 Reviews

Reviews: 245
Sat Aug 06, 2022 6:21 am
View Likes
Spearmint says...

Michael looked up from where he was poking at the meals around the fire. "Maybe some food would help! This one looks like some kind of sweet chicken, and there's a mint jelly thing next to it. And this is a... half-eaten slab of meat drizzled in honey?" As Michael held up said dishes, his stolen salvaged brown coat slipped off one shoulder.

The boy with antlers tossed a couple of dishes to the others, keeping a salad with an egg and apple slices for himself. He adjusted the coat and grinned at Winnie, Kirux, Lin, and Ray. "Let's eat! These shouldn't be poisoned or anything... right?"
mint, she/her

.--. / ... ...- -.-. .-.. / - .--. ..- .- / .--- --- ...- .--- / .--- --- .--. .-- / .--. .--- .-.. / .--- -.-- .-.. .... -
=D

590 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 590
Sat Aug 06, 2022 12:12 pm
View Likes
Mageheart says...

Kirux perked up when he saw the food, but Winnie quickly dashed his hopes of eating it.

"Don't eat it," she said, both to him and the rest of the group. "We didn't know what happened to the people here. Maybe it's..."

She thought for a minute, trying to think of what could have happened to the people and how that could have been caused by the food. Maybe it wasn't really dangerous, but she didn't want to take the risk of Kirux getting hurt.

Kirux frowned.

"But I'm hungry," he signed and mouthed to her.

"We'll get food later," she said. She just had to figure out how. And where. She didn't see a grocery store, and that was the place she always got food from.
mage

[ she/her, but in a boy kinda way ]

roleplaying is my platonic love language.

queer and here.

4123 Reviews

Reviews: 4123
Sat Aug 06, 2022 1:30 pm
View Likes
KateHardy says...

Ray was just about to point out that it might not be a good idea to consume food from a campsite that looked like it had been attacked when Winnie beat him to it.

"Yup, that's a good call. We don't need unnecessary risks. As for food, It won't be easy to find in a location this remote but I'm sure we can get a hold of something. Perhaps we take the coats and the fire and go looking for someone, I feel like we're not quite tired enough to sit and take a break just yet."
Stay Safe
The Princess of Darkness

Hello! You? Yes you reading this. Have a nice day because you're wonderful and you deserve it!

Catchphrase loading. Please Wait...

31 Reviews

Reviews: 31
Sat Aug 06, 2022 10:52 pm
View Likes
WeepingWisteria says...

Lin sniffed the food, and immediately sneezed. “Dear heavens, what is that?” He shook his head. “I’d rather not. But I’m hesitant to look for others. We’re not from here and we have no way to know who is safe to ask help from.”

He gently set the place down. “I’ve never been to another world before, but I’ll certain that crossing the planetary border doesn’t save you from greed. Especially since not all of us are human or whatever the dominant species of this planet happens to be.”
She/They/Fae

“the wist i knew would never allow a straight boy in their stories” ~Omni
“Hi Omni can I request wist get the role mom friend :]" ~winter
“ah yes, fear Wist's smile :) <- speaks of layers and layers of secrets” ~mint

245 Reviews

Sun Aug 07, 2022 3:08 am
View Likes
Spearmint says...

Michael pouted. “I’m hungry, and there’s food! If the people who were here made this food for themselves, then it should be safe, right?” He poked the salad, then sighed. If he had to choose between food and people, he’d choose people. He didn’t particularly want to be stranded here alone. “Okay, but if everyone wants to go, we can. Though who knows how long it’ll be until we find anything else to eat?”

Michael squirmed under the jacket. “Also, my wings are kind of uncomfortable. Kirux, can your keyblade cut fabric?”
mint, she/her

.--. / ... ...- -.-. .-.. / - .--. ..- .- / .--- --- ...- .--- / .--- --- .--. .-- / .--. .--- .-.. / .--- -.-- .-.. .... -
=D

590 Reviews

Supporter

Sun Aug 07, 2022 2:08 pm
View Likes
Mageheart says...

Kirux shook his head.

"It's more of a key than a blade," Winnie clarified. She didn't even know why it was called a keyblade. Maybe it was because it could be held like a sword? All she knew was that Kirux held his keyblade the same way she held some of her Nerf swords.

"Valberry, come back!" a voice suddenly cried out.

Winnie turned in time to see a tiny, brown robot waddling over in the direction of the camp, followed by a girl with brown hair and violet eyes. Behind her was a boy with black hair and turquoise eyes.

The robot paused when it registered the people by the fire, and the two following it soon did as well.

The girl sighed.

"More Fatui?" the girl said, grabbing for a crossbow that Winnie suddenly noticed on her back. "We just cleaned out this camp."

The boy moved aside his winter coat to grab what had to be a gun from a holster at his side.
mage

queer and here.

4123 Reviews

Sun Aug 07, 2022 3:33 pm
View Likes
KateHardy says...

Ray immediately reached for his coat pocket. Thanking the stars his backup was right where he'd left it, he pulled the pen out carefully, keeping it lightly in his fingers as he slowly raised his hands. Hopefully violence wasn't needed, but it never hurt to be ready.

"We're not here to cause any trouble," said Ray, raising his voice. "We're just looking for civilization and a bit of food. We come in peace."
Stay Safe
The Princess of Darkness

Hello! You? Yes you reading this. Have a nice day because you're wonderful and you deserve it!

245 Reviews

Sun Aug 07, 2022 3:51 pm
View Likes
Spearmint says...

“Peace! Yes! And robots!” Michael darted over to the robot and stared at it. “Hello! So your name is Valberry? What can you do?” Michael adjusted his coat again and was about to prod the robot when he noticed the two people. He decided maybe it’d be best not to touch other people’s robots without permission.

Michael coughed and smiled at the people. “Right. Hi there! Do you happen to have any safe, non-poisonous food or anything?”
mint, she/her

=D

31 Reviews

Sun Aug 07, 2022 6:09 pm
View Likes
WeepingWisteria says...

Lin stepped between the new comers and the children, subconsciously baring his teeth. “As he said, we’re not looking for trouble. We have no valuables. We’re simply travelers that got lost.”

Lin nervously glanced at the sky. The whole “we mean no harm” speech would be irreparably ruined if Lin turned into a bear in front of them. That sun better hang in the sky for just a little longer.
She/They/Fae

590 Reviews

Supporter

Sun Aug 07, 2022 6:42 pm
View Likes
Mageheart says...

The girl lowered her crossbow.

"...You're acting a little...off for Fatui," she said.

The boy still kept his gun out, but didn't make a move to use it. He just held it there, like he was planning on shooting them if anyone made the wrong move. Winnie quickly decided she didn't like him all that much.

"They don't look like Fatui agents," the boy commented. He looked around at the group, and then his gaze landed on Winnie. When it did, he finally lowered his gun. "There's a child with them."

"What's a F-A-T-U-I?" Kirux signed and mouthed to Winnie.

"I don't know what a Fatui is," Winnie said back.

The girl blinked. "You don't know who the Fatui are? You're in their camp."

"Because it's cold and there's a fire here," Winnie pointed out. "And there was warm coats."

The girl and boy exchanged a look.

They both put their weapons away. The girl scooped the robot off of the ground.

"I'm Evie," the girl offered. "Valberry's my automaton, and Viktor's right next to me. You're not from around here, are you?"
mage

queer and here.

4123 Reviews

Sun Aug 07, 2022 7:59 pm
View Likes
KateHardy says...

Ray lowered his hands, tucking the pen away.

"That would be correct," he said, offering a hand to them as he took a step forward. "I take it that means you are from around here?"
Stay Safe
The Princess of Darkness

245 Reviews

Sun Aug 07, 2022 10:39 pm
View Likes
Spearmint says...

Michael kept his eyes on the automaton. "Also, what kind of beings inhabit this world? Are robots common? And both of your eyes are really pretty." Michael stared at the strangers, then shook some snow off his antlers.
mint, she/her

=D

31 Reviews

Sun Aug 07, 2022 10:56 pm
View Likes
WeepingWisteria says...

Lin fixed his overcoat. “I hope you welcome outsiders such as us. I’m afraid I have nothing to give you to earn your kindness. I’ve no skills that are useful to me in this land.”

He checked his nails. They were slightly sharper than before, and they curved ever so slightly at the tip. “But if I may be of use, I will help you if you help my companions.”
She/They/Fae

590 Reviews

Supporter

Mon Aug 08, 2022 10:16 am
View Likes
Mageheart says...

Evie furrowed her brow.

"You're not from this-"

"Evie," Viktor hissed, fear in his voice. Kirux had heard that tone before, but hadn't expected to hear it now. He scooted closer to Winnie, nervous about what was going to happen. "Look at their eyes."

Kirux frowned. Their eyes didn't look funny! Their eyes were just normal. He glanced down at Winnie to prove his point, but his jaw dropped in surprise when he saw a little star in each of her eyes.

"There's stars in your eyes!" Kirux excitedly signed to his sister. "They're really pretty!"

Winnie blinked. "What do you mean-"

Then she looked, and really looked, and looked at Michael, Lin, and Ray, too.

"You're okay, Viktor," Evie said, in the same kind of soft voice Winnie used whenever Kirux was scared of a thunderstorm. Which made sense, because Viktor was still standing like he had been frozen by the cold weather. "I don't think they're like...you know..."

She gave him a very meaningful look that Kirux didn't get the meaning of.

Evie's violet eyes suddenly widened.

"Wait," she said, "you're from another world. You're like Lumine!"
mage

queer and here.

4123 Reviews

Mon Aug 08, 2022 3:43 pm
View Likes
KateHardy says...

Ray didn't even bother checking to confirm the eye thing. He'd seen far, far worse go down when random multiversal glitches like this one happened.

"Umm soo...about food and perhaps a safe place? Would you be able to help us with any of that. Not killing us and leaving us alone is also a perfectable way of being helpful if that's all you would want to do."
Stay Safe
The Princess of Darkness

I have lived through much, and now I think I have found what is needed for happiness. A quiet secluded life in the country, with the possibility of being useful to people to whom it is easy to do good... then rest, nature, books, music, love for one's neighbor - such is my idea of happiness.
— Leo Tolstoy