z

Young Writers Society

Risk and Reward

112 Reviews

Reviews: 112
Sat May 07, 2022 8:51 pm
View Likes
Ljungtroll says...

So essentially this is a spin on a roleplay my sister and I have been doing for years. There is no plot except for what ends up happening. It's extremely spontaneous and very often out of character. You can play any character--original or taken from a fandom--and as many as you want. My only rule in this regard is that a character CANNOT be a real person like an actor or politican.
The starting setting is a Starbucks.
Be sure to post a description of your characters in your first post so we know what they look like! Add descriptions of new characters into their introductory posts as you go. Please keep it PG-13 as far as language and violence, please.
And with that I release you into the wild!

My first character: An elf who does not want to tell you his name. He has long blonde hair and fair skin, and he is wearing a sweatshirt, gym shorts, and those ridiculous sandal-slippers people wear sometimes. He is drinking a venti Cafe latte.
"The artist deals with what cannot be said in words. The artist whose medium is fiction does this in words. The novelist says in words what cannot be said in words." --Ursula K. Le Guin

Formerly RavenLord, formerly GrandWild
she/her

95 Reviews

Reviews: 95
Sun Jun 05, 2022 9:28 pm
View Likes
Teddybear says...

(yo, you still feelin this?)
formerly TheMulticoloredCyr

he/they

112 Reviews

Mon Jun 06, 2022 1:34 am
View Likes
Ljungtroll says...

(Totally)
"The artist deals with what cannot be said in words. The artist whose medium is fiction does this in words. The novelist says in words what cannot be said in words." --Ursula K. Le Guin

she/her

95 Reviews

Mon Jun 06, 2022 2:00 am
View Likes
Teddybear says...

(Great)(Mah gal Queens got hella reworked in the past few months and I haven't been able to use her yet since so I'm dropping her in here)(It was between her and Bobby but Bobby wouldn't be caught dead in a coffee shop lol)(For Queenie's appearance check the spoiler below. She's drinking a black coffee with six shots of espresso)

Spoiler! :

he/they

112 Reviews

Mon Jun 06, 2022 2:50 am
View Likes
Ljungtroll says...

The elf had been watching the human in the other booth for about ten minutes now, trying to discern her profession. So far he had no clue, but he was sure if he stared long enough without blinking he would find out.

she/her

95 Reviews

Mon Jun 06, 2022 3:02 am
View Likes
Teddybear says...

Queenie was hyper-aware of a set of elven eyes on her. She shifted uncomfortably in her seat, scrolling on her phone. Finally, she got up and approached the guy. "What's your problem dude?"

he/they

112 Reviews

Mon Jun 06, 2022 3:05 am
View Likes
Ljungtroll says...

"Problem?" He did blink then, stiffening. "There's no problem. Why would there be?"

she/her

95 Reviews

Mon Jun 06, 2022 3:10 am
View Likes
Teddybear says...

"You've been staring at me for, like, ten minutes. What do you want?"

he/they

112 Reviews

Mon Jun 06, 2022 3:13 am
View Likes
Ljungtroll says...

He wrinkled his nose and sipped his latte. "I think I would remember staring at you."

she/her

95 Reviews

Mon Jun 06, 2022 3:17 am
View Likes
Teddybear says...

Queenie rolled her eyes. "Fine, whatever." She moved toward the counter, downing the rest of her coffee on the way and throwing away the cup, planning to get another one to go.

he/they

112 Reviews

Mon Jun 06, 2022 3:22 am
View Likes
Ljungtroll says...

He watched her do this, sipping until the latte was almost gone.

she/her

95 Reviews

Mon Jun 06, 2022 3:30 am
View Likes
Teddybear says...

Queenie fiddled with her braid, pulling it over her shoulder and adjusting the slack in the back so the end wouldn't hang too close to the ground. she made it to the front of the line and placed her order, moving out of the way and finding with her phone while she waited.

he/they

112 Reviews

Mon Jun 06, 2022 3:33 am
View Likes
Ljungtroll says...

He narrowed his eyes, and the sipping became slurping as he reached the bottom of the cup. Maybe she was a graphic designer. That wasn't the sort of career he needed. He needed someone strong. Someone tough.

she/her

95 Reviews

Mon Jun 06, 2022 3:41 am
View Likes
Teddybear says...

Queenie's phone rang. She stared at the screen for a moment, taking a deep breath. She answered it.

"Yeah?...Oh yeah, I heard about that. Sure I can take the gig...Dude, no, she's a pop star, have you ever done a pop star gig?...Yeah I don't believe you. You said five o'clock?...Yeah I'll be there." She hung up and grabbed her coffee, which had been announced while she was talking.

he/they

112 Reviews

Mon Jun 06, 2022 3:46 am
View Likes
Ljungtroll says...

A bodyguard, maybe? He rose. That could work.

she/her

I’ll marry the finest banana in the galaxy for you.
— Tuckster