z

Young Writers Society

Lost

122 Reviews

Reviews: 122
Wed Nov 08, 2006 3:49 am
Karma says...

So...yeah, This is a storybook that I'm not even going to start, let first come and first serve do whatever you will (that's not mean to anyone/stuff like that)
My Karma Ran Over My Dogma
^------^
( 0 . 0 )
---------
Meow

3821 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 3821
Wed Nov 08, 2006 4:42 am
Snoink says...

Hahaha... very well then.

"We're lost!" Mom said, gritting her teeth as she clutched the map tighter. Not that I actually saw her grit her teeth -- I was in the very back seat -- but I swear she was gritting her teeth from the way she sounded like a mixture of a raven and an oyster.

Don't ask.

Anyway, we were...lost. Like, as in really lost. Like, as in the middle of nowhere lost. That's not really cool, if you know what I mean. So what does my dad say?

"We're not lost! We have GPS, don't we?"

I sighed and slumped my head on the window. "Well, at least it can't get any worse."

I think I spoke too soon...
Ubi caritas est vera, Deus ibi est.

"The mark of your ignorance is the depth of your belief in injustice and tragedy. What the caterpillar calls the end of the world, the Master calls the butterfly." ~ Richard Bach

Moth and Myth <- My comic! :D

694 Reviews

Reviews: 694
Wed Nov 08, 2006 4:50 am
Via says...

My father slammed on the breaks. My mother screamed, my brother wailed--I just held on for dear life.

What could we possibly run in too out here? There is seriously nothing here...I hadn't even seen another car for at least an hour.

The car came to a screeching halt and dust flew up around it like a calming tornado. We all sat in silence as we stared out the window at ....
My Literary and Arts Blog

"I think I'd miss you even if we'd never met." -The Wedding Date

3821 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 3821
Wed Nov 08, 2006 5:26 am
Snoink says...

A roadrunner. In the road.

"Oh, look at that!" Mom said, suddenly out of her "screaming for my life" mode. "It's so cute! Why don't you take a picture of it, Sweetie?"

Sweetie... yeah. That's my dad.

So he grabs his camera and starts to sneak up on the bird. Unfortunately, the bird ran away. My father, being the moron he was...
Ubi caritas est vera, Deus ibi est.

"The mark of your ignorance is the depth of your belief in injustice and tragedy. What the caterpillar calls the end of the world, the Master calls the butterfly." ~ Richard Bach

Moth and Myth <- My comic! :D

122 Reviews

Reviews: 122
Wed Nov 08, 2006 6:23 pm
Karma says...

Well, I guess he isn't really a moron, in the usual sense of the word, since he works for...
My Karma Ran Over My Dogma
^------^
( 0 . 0 )
---------
Meow

171 Reviews

Reviews: 171
Fri Nov 24, 2006 2:52 pm
lexy says...

the FBI as a secret agent who has to catch bad people and lock 'em up.
But he decided to run after it, being the "I can do anything" Dad and wanting to impress mum... yuck.
Well, it turned out it wasn't such a good idea because.......
When did I realize I was God? Well, I was praying and I suddenly realized I was talking to myself. - Peter O'Toole

Random avatar

Reviews: 82
Mon Dec 18, 2006 2:11 am
misspriss says...

just as soon the stupid roadrunner stood still long enough for Dad to take a picture...bzzbzzbzz. No film. Well, for as far away as Dad was I could see his face was getting as red as a cherry, and I could see that he was muttering something but couldn't hear him.
"Sweetie! It's okay! Let's just see if we can stop somewhere and get a bite to eat!" Yelled Mom, hanging halfway out of the rolled-down car window. Dad nodded defeatedly and walked to the drivers seat. He slammed the door and forgetting to put on his seatbelt proceeded to...

253 Reviews

Reviews: 253
Sun Feb 11, 2007 9:00 pm
View Likes
CK Lynn says...

put the key in the ignition. The engine made a sound like a coughing elephant, then fell silent. We were out of gas.

Random avatar

Reviews: 665
Sun Feb 11, 2007 9:45 pm
deleted6 says...

Dad opened door. He then went to check boot of car "Jodie you did remember gas didn't you? Mum had no time to answer as Dad slammed boot of car. He marched back in slammed door and look at Mum "So where is here...?" Mum looked ready to slap Dad.

I decided I needed to stretch my legs so headed out.
We get off to the rhythm of the trigger and destruction. Fallujah to New Orleans with impunity to kill. We are the hidden fist of the free market.
We are the ink, we are the quill.
[The Ink And The Quill (Be Afraid) - Anti-Flag]

253 Reviews

Mon Feb 12, 2007 9:34 pm
CK Lynn says...

Now out of the car, the crisp fall air nipped playfully at my thin jacket. I looked out over what seemed like endless wilderness, and saw that the orange sun was low in the sky.

116 Reviews

Reviews: 116
Tue Feb 13, 2007 10:18 pm
Lilyy03 says...

And I saw a dark speck against the sun. I looked away, rubbed my eyes, and looked back--it was still there. It was getting larger, too.

253 Reviews

Thu Feb 15, 2007 10:12 pm
CK Lynn says...

An eclipse? I thought. But these things are in the news... I watched the blackness grow larger and larger. The rest of my family didn't seem to notice the sky growing dark.
Suddenly, when there was only a sliver of light left, the sun seemed to give it one last push. A blinding flash of light exploded out from the sliver. I felt a searing pain behind my eyes. I felt myself falling, but I was powerless to do anything.
When I woke up I could tell that something wasn't right. The trees seemed different, more overgrown. And the more I looked, I saw there was another difference. I couldn't see any color. Panic welled up in my throat. Had the flash of light made me color blind? "Mom?" I called, too fearful to take even a step. Nothing greeted me but absolute, horrific silence.

141 Reviews

Reviews: 141
Thu Jul 19, 2007 3:39 pm
MadHatter says...

Suddenly a piercing scream echoed through the colorless forest. I screamed as I saw the hideous looking creature above me. I prepared for my death...
Voldemort: You kids! If I ever find out who's calling I will tell the wizard law and you will go to wizard jail and then I'll kill you!

Harry Potter Puppet Pals - Wizard Swears

253 Reviews

Mon Jul 30, 2007 6:26 pm
CK Lynn says...

Out of nowhere an arrow shot through the air, hitting the hairy beast between the eyes.
"Elven arrows work the best when felling Rynioas," I spun around to see a girl about my age standing there clasping a bow. "You don't seem to belong in Oytinna Forest," she added.

522 Reviews

Reviews: 522
Sat Sep 22, 2007 11:48 pm
View Likes
canislupis says...

Oytinna? I had never heard of anything like that, but maybe I was going into shock, hallucinating. I didn't reply to her words, thinking that if I ignored her long enough, she would disappear. Instead I walked over to the dead creature. A horiible stench wafted up from it's body, reminding me of......

Positive anything is better than negative nothing.
— Elbert Hubbard